I was just thinking how if I had a trillion thank you cards, I’d send them out to all of you for stopping by this corner of the web. (Not that there are a trillion people reading, haha….but some of you have been reading for years, so that means you need stacks and stacks of “thank you’s!” from me.) I really love getting on here and sharing bits of this & that, and even sharing little slices of our life. I can’t even tell you how much I adore reading the excitement in the comments, the suggestions you have, hearing how much some of you are learning, seeing pictures of what you’re making and holy smokes — thanks so much for sharing your encouragement! I certainly don’t have enough thank you cards (or postage stamps) to send them out…..but just know, I really do love having you join me. And would love to squeeze each of you!!
This blog has been around for about 8 years (oh my word!!!) but for the past 3 years now, I have had some pretty incredible contributors join me in sharing what they like to create and that has been so much fun for me! I love seeing so much variety — and I hope you have too! (Check out a sampling of contributor post HERE. <—-See?? These gals are oozing with talent!)
Anyway, it’s that time of year again to open up slots for the 2017 year…..and we’d love to have you join us!
Are you a DIYer?
Do you love creating and sharing?
If you think you’d be a great fit for our team, then we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for contributors in some of the following areas:
- Sewing Tutorials
- Crafting Tutorials
- Home Decor Tutorials
- Home Improvement Tutorials
- Recipe Tutorials
Okay, a bit more info—
What is Make It and Love It looking for in a contributor?
- A team member who loves to create, loves to share, and has a writing style that really lets their wonderful personality shine through.
- Bright, clear photography is a must because that’s how we let your projects shine!
- Knowledge of WordPress would be wonderful, but isn’t a deal breaker….however, experience blogging is a must.
- Submitting on time. Yes, there will be deadlines to get things in…but you’ll always have a month to get things in, with ample reminders. :)
What will it mean to be a contributor with Make It and Love It?
- You will be required to submit one NEW post per month, meaning, it can’t be something you have shared previously on another blog.
- You will be required to provide your own photographs (no stock images, please) in advance and preparing your own posts for publishing using WordPress. As stated above, if you don’t have experience using WordPress, no worries – we can train you and soon you’ll be a WordPress pro!
- You will have your own login to the back-end of this blog and will be able to edit whenever is best for you.
- Because these are paid posts, we ask that you don’t post the content elsewhere, including your own blog. (However, if you want to include pictures and a blurb about where your readers can find it, that’s absolutely fine.)
What will I get out of being a Make It And Love It contributor?
- You will be paid for your content…you know, to support your fabric/craft supply addiction…ha! (However, there is a 2-post trial period to be sure it’s a good match for both sides.)
- While cash is always fun…if you’re trying to grow your own blog, exposure is even better! Make It And Love It has a very large world wide audience, with about 1.5 million page views a month, that YOU will be able to get in front of.
- Your content will also be shared on all social media channels (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram)
- You are more than welcome to promote your own blog and social media accounts in your content that you create, which helps create spikes in traffic/followers to your own site when your posts go live.
- Tips & Tricks from me and my other team members, that we have learned and gathered over the years!
- A contributor Bio and links to all your past posts that you have created.
- Access to a Pinterest Contributor Board (with over 100,000 followers), that you can pin to, so that you can share other posts from your blog or other blogs you’ve contributed to.
How can I apply?
Simply fill out the form below and we will review your submission. Choose to showcase your very best work – what makes YOU shine. We can’t wait to see your amazing creativity!
***There is more to the form than what shows up at first. Click inside the form, and then scroll down to see more.
If you have any questions, or if you any of you have suggestions of things that you’d like to see MORE of, leave a comment below.
Thanks everyone…and talk to you soon! :)