My Book: “NO-SEW LOVE”…available for pre-order!!

I guess I can officially say that I birthed 2 babies this summer.  One in human form and the other in book form.  (In case both of these are surprises to you…..more on baby Oliver here and more about “No-Sew Love” here.)  Well, I guess my second baby hasn’t quite been birthed…..haha, but she soon will be “born” on August 5th!!  (Which is also our 9th wedding anniversary. Great day, eh?)  My goodness, I’m not sure which birth was harder.  Ha!

Truly, such a labor of love.  And I’m so glad she’s done — and ready to be loved on!

book promo 4

***Click any of the links below to order.

1 2 43

6 7 58 9

“No-Sew Love” is available for pre-order NOW at any of the links above (many include e-reader versions).  Also, it will be available in stores August 5th, including Jo-ann Fabric, Hancock Fabric, (and possibly a few more that I’m not sure about yet…eep!) and other local Indie Bookstores in your area (to see what stores carry it locally, click on the “Indie Bound” icon above, enter in your zip code, and your local bookstores who carry it will be listed).

IMG_9118-1

no-sew-love-book-3   no-sew-love-book-4

::: woven clutch ::: tote :::

Really, I’m kind of still in shock mode.  Did I really just write a book?  And it has been printed?  And it’s ready to be purchased?  Yep, I guess all of that really did happen.  And you know, I’m feeling a lot of “gee, I hope people like it” and “oh man, I hope it makes sense” and a little bit of “did I explain everything just right?“  Do you think this is a tiny portion of how a film producer feels when they release a new movie?  Or when a fashion designer releases a new clothing line?  Maybe??!!  I was just realizing that the reason we edited this book a crazy amount of times (seriously, we edited and edited and edited again…), is because this isn’t my blog, where I can just login and make edits when necessary.  Grammar mistake??  Meh, no problem…..I’ll fix that right away!  But not with the book.  So I’m not used to that…….and it’s making my blood pressure escalate.  Because what if there was one rascally little error that we overlooked?  Or more?!?!   Yeah, I know…….the “what if’s” could kill me.  So I better stop! :)

But when I stop thinking about all of that…….I’m over-the-moon-EXCITED that “No-Sew Love” is here.  (((cue hallelujahs!!)))

IMG_9167-1

no-sew-love-book-1

Oh wait, I wrote a whole book on projects that don’t use one single thread to put them together (nope, not even any sneaky hand-sewing…)?   Yep, that’s right.  I know…..you’re totally wondering why a person who loves her sewing machine, would write such a book.  Well, here’s why:

There are plenty of sewing books out there—so I really wanted to design and construct items that one would normally sew, but could ditch the needles and thread.  So, any person (even those without one ounce of sewing skill) could create items that look like they’re sewn, but aren’t!!  So, I created 50 projects, with the following people in mind:

• those who don’t sew (but would really like to add special handmade items to their home, wardrobe, decor, etc.)
  • those who are learning to sew, but don’t love their technique
  • those who hate hauling out their machine, supplies, etc
  • those who want a little change of pace
  • those who want to coordinate a nice group project, but don’t have access to (or outlets for) 12 sewing machines
  • those who are waiting for their sewing machine to be serviced
  • okay, anyone! :)

IMG_9223

no-sew-love-book-5

::: woven clutch ::: pacifier clip ::: fabric mobile :::

My kiddos are pretty stoked that they’re inside a “REAL BOOK”!!!  They know that they’re on the internet, modeling different things that I make for them, etc…..but it’s totally not as cool as being inside a REAL LIVE BOOK!!!  Haha…..I could eat these little turkeys right up!

IMG_9487

IMG_9537

IMG_9514

So what’s actually inside this book?  Well, it’s divided into the following 6 chapters:

IMG_9411

IMG_9404

IMG_9401

IMG_9396

IMG_9385

IMG_9390

Each of the 50 projects has a finished product picture:

IMG_9336-1

Also, each project has a brief intro, an estimated skill level, a time estimate, a supply list, and a toolkit (which are common items that you’ll most likely have on hand and will use for many of the projects throughout the book).

The instructions are patterned after how I put tutorials together here on the blog.  Minus the grammar mistakes.  (I always thought I was pretty good at grammar, sentence structure, etc.  Until I had an editor.  Man, she schooled me so many times — and thank heavens she did!)

IMG_9343

And yep, there’s a picture for each and every step. :)

IMG_9354-001

There’s also a “Getting Started” section at the beginning, helping to explain some basics about the book.

IMG_9373

And a “Helpful Tips” section, where I clarify some techniques used throughout the book.  Both sections are good to read before starting any projects from the book.

IMG_9381

There’s also an index at the back, to help navigate the book a little easier…

IMG_9418-2

….along with a few sizing charts and some templates for several different projects.

IMG_9412-1

Ahhhhhhh………so much love went into this book.  I really hope it’s helpful to some (or many) of you or someone you know.  Especially to those who’d really like to try their hand at something they thought they couldn’t.  Because truly, there’s nothing that beats that feeling of, “holy smokes……I actually made this!”

no-sew-love

IMG_9433

Anyway, thanks for your excitement, your really sweet emails, your encouragement, etc.  Even though the blog had a few dry-spells over the past year and my children ate cereal many nights for dinner (and my poor bathrooms were neglected, uggh)…..everyone has been so supportive.  Let me tell you, I have gotten so many virtual high-fives—it’s unreal!  So thank you!  Oh, and that husband of mine (remember that Steve guy?)…….he needs his own little vacation for hanging in there through all of this.

Gimme a second while I Iet out one big ol’ sigh of relief!  So happy to see this whole concept come together as one complete book.  Ahhhhhh……it’s FINISHED!

-Ashley

Filed under No Sew, No-Sew-Love Book

Comments

65 Responses to “My Book: “NO-SEW LOVE”…available for pre-order!!”
    Erin O. says:

Ashley! I am so happy for you and I can’t wait to buy the book!! I love, LOVE, LOOOVVVE all your projects. I met you briefly once at the Denver hotel event you hosted 2 years ago and I am so happy for you, you work so hard and share so much with us in the blod-sphere. Can’t wait to hold it! (Your 2nd baby that is)
    Erin

Erica G says:

Yay! Congratulations it’s all done :)

Kate says:

Ashley! you are my inspiration! Congratulations!

Kari says:

Congratulations!! It looks fabulous, and I can’t wait to read it!!

Jen says:

Ashley I am so excited for this to come out and I’m going to order it ASAP!!! I’m so in love with you as a blogger and even though we have never met, you as a person! I feel like every time you post something you make my day! I even love the guest bloggers and feel like you would only choose the best of the best to share this special spot in your blogging world! Thanks for all your hard work! You are an AMAZING gal!

–Jenn

Thanks so much Jen! And I’m serious, I totally know what you mean! This crazy online world has created some really great friendships, and mostly with people I have never met.

Thanks for the love! Truly.

Nikki says:

Ordered! I can’t wait!!!
    Congratulations!

Kristin says:

Excited to buy a copy. :) Congrats to you!!

Eva says:

Oi! Parabéns pelo seu livro, só de ver as fotos fiquei encantada; onde se pode achá-lo aqui no Brasil?
    Espero que não seja muito caro……..
    Ah, seus filhos são lindos, felicidades prá todos e em especial pro baby! Deus os abençoe muito .
    bjs, Eva

Robin says:

YES!!!!! I had pre-ordered your 2nd baby and Amazon says I will get it in my hands this FRIDAY the 25th. I can’t wait to have it in my possession. I love it and looks SO good!

Kindra S. says:

So I’m totally asking for this book for my birthday, which is Sept. 1. I am also pregnant and may have time to make a few projects before baby is born in October. It looks great. Can’t wait to get my copy.

Congrats on your little bundle……babies are such fun! And ooooh, happy early birthday! Hope the book makes its way to your home! :)

Congratulations again! Love that following you for the last 5 years I’ve seen you come to this amazing point!! Wow!! :)
    Can’t wait to get a copy!

Lilian says:

A fan from Down Under (Sydney, to be exact ;), and have been a lurker (and follower) of your(s) website for a while now and have seen you (and your kids) grow so much. Congratulations on your babies – mad respect to you for writing the book whilst having a baby! Thank you for all the inspiration throughout the years and I will definitely want the book (hopefully I can get it sent to me without too much of a big shipping fee!) when it’s out. Congrats again!! ♥

Yay…….a friend from “down under”! Thanks so much for the love…..and yes, I hope it can be shipped from one of those links without any trouble! Thanks for saying hello!

Sarah says:

Congratulations! That’s a HUGE accomplishment, especially while raising the little ones!!! Oh, and congrats on baby #4!! You go, girl!!

Karen says:

Ashley,

I am beyond excited for this book! I have been following your blog for a few years now and have tried my hand at many of your projects! We made the penguin costume for my little guy last Halloween and won the prize for the best family costume at church! I covered the light switch plate in our nursery using your tutorial (another no-sew love to add to the collection)! The most exciting project (also no-sew) that I have been waiting years to make: the craft table!! Seriously, it’s been on my wish list since you made it a couple years back and we just made one (using items from Home Depot) 2 weeks ago!! Everyone has been amazed and I send them to your blog! Now I can show them your book! You are such an inspiration!! Thanks so much!! All 5 of your babies are adorable!! :)

Thanks so much Karen! And I love that you made the penguin costume (and won!!)……that costume was one of my favorite things I’ve made. So darn cute!!! And ooh, the table, so glad it worked for you!

Thanks for all the support Karen…….really, I appreciate it so much!

Miss Loïs says:

Congratulations !
    This book seems go be very super !
    I hope a french version, maybe ….

Have a nice day !

Courtney says:

I am so excited about this book! Ironically enough, I learned to sew through your blog. I am a very tactile learner, but you give such clear instructions and great picutres that it made each project I tried super fun (even though my husband would say my otherwise since I often yelled at myself while working on them).

I am hoping to get this book for my birthday in September, so hopefully, I can have some self control and not buy it for myself first. Oh and by the way, I talk about you to my husband like I know you – “Oh, Ashley did this…” – it is a little weird. :)

Courtney, that’s awesome! I’m a visual learner too, so I completely understand! But really, that made my heart so happy to read!

And haha, I talk to my husband about online people, like we’re neighbors or something. He always laughs at me!

Thanks for the love Courtney! Hope you like the book!

Emilee says:

I’m so excited for this book. I can’t sew, but I follow your blog and your projects are the first things that ever made me wish I could sew. So…this no-sew project book is perfect for me.

Mom says:

I’m so proud of you for all your hard work this past year!! The book is something to be so proud of but it’s not quite as much fun to snuggle with as baby Oliver.

Ashley, wow! That’s so exciting news! Do you think it’ll be possible to get your book in Russia? I’m following your blog for years and love what you do! I’d be honored to have this REAL book)))

Nataliya

Thanks so much Nataliya! I’m not really sure about getting the book in Russia. Maybe one of the international sites that I listed in the post ship to Russia??

Sav says:

This is so exciting! You’re so awesome. Congratulations!! I can’t be the only one secretly hoping you’ll host a giveaway with one of your “babies” as the prize! ;)

Diane says:

Congrats on the book! Would you do another one for people who don’t have young kids? I don’t need any of the kid stuff, mine are grown. Thank you sooooo much for the reupholstering the recliner post!!! I’m using it now to reupholster mine and it’s turning out beautifully!!!

Jamie Ward says:

Congratulations!! That is so awesome!! I can’t wait to pick it up and try no sewing. :-)

Becky says:

I ordered Tuesday from Amazon.com when I saw your book announcement. Received mine today and I encourage everyone to get a copy (would be a great gift too!). You did a great job on this book….instructions, details, clear tutorials and great projects we can use. Thank you!

YAY!!!! I can’t believe you got it so fast…….I love amazon!

And thanks so much Becky, I’m glad you’re enjoying it! Ahhh…..I have such a big grin on my face right now. :)

• 23.1.1

I just shared your book with a friend while having lunch and we placed another order sending one to her daughter who loves crafts. :-)

• 23.1.1.1
          Becky says:

Forgot to put my name in on the message above. I won’t post every time a friend buys the book but just wanted you to know since it’s just coming out!

cucicucicoo says:

So exciting and it looks just gorgeous! Congratulations, Ashley! :) Lisa

laura says:

congrats!! will look for the book soon!!!

Dhini says:

Looks great book…want it

Irena says:

Im another from down under Queensland. Congratulations on your book i noticed that it is available on Kindle on Amazon too.

Cristina says:

I’m from Brazil, São Paulo City. Congratulations on your book! It looks amazing and I will looking for it on Amazon.

Linda says:

Congrats on the awesome book, Ashley! What a huge accomplishment! Sharing away! :)

Laura says:

The book just looks lovely! I think I will buy one for my sister. She knits but does not sew and I think would enjoy some of these projects.

p.s. I made some fabric storage boxes from your tutorial, and I love them! Thank you for sharing your talents with us. :)

SherryD says:

Holy Cow what a FAB-ulous book! Congratulations Ashley, I love the projects you’ve shared..especially the wristlet and the apron!! My DGD who is turning 13 is a very crafty young lady and keeps asking me to make her an apron, now we can make them together!! Oh, I read above that you are offering this book on kindle .. YAY!!

Kat Diamond says:

Oh my goodness, FINALLY a book for someone like me, I love the idea of sewing but hate the idea of dragging out the machine and trying to figure out the thread and bobbin and Ashly, you are a lifesaver :-) Already I am in love with some of the projects I see, thank you!!!!