Can you figure this out?? (…plus, a few personal things to share)

Have you ever played the game Mad Gab?  It’s a card game that has a whole bunch of nonsense words written on it and if you read them fast enough and over and over, you’ll hear a hidden phrase within the mumbo jumbo.

image source

However, it’s hard for the reader to hear the hidden phrase because they’re reading the weird words and it just isn’t making a connection with their brain.  So your teammates, who are listening, have a better chance at figuring it out since the written words aren’t confusing them as much.  I used to play this in college from time to time, late at night (later=funnier), with my roommates.  The person saying the nonsense words would read it as fast as they could and slur the junk out of those words, and the listener would somehow decode it and shout out the answer.  We sounded pretty ridiculous and always got extremely loud……but if this skill could go on a resume, we’d all be highly sought after. But BYU-Idaho didn’t have a Mad Gab degree.  Imagine that…  (You remember this, right, Katie? I remember you and I getting particularly intense when it came to this game.  ha!)

Okay, if you’ve never played…..here’s an example:

If you read the words in the bubble, it sounds ridiculous…..but if you read it really fast and slur it all together, you’ll hear the hidden phrase, “A roll of toilet tissue”.

Get it?

Here’s one more to practice…..

Go on, slur those words in the bubble together…….

…….and you’ll soon hear, “Newspaper Report”.

Well, here’s one that I’ve created and want to see if any of you can figure it out.

Ready?

mad gab card

Did you get it?

Say it again…..FASTER!

Still no?  Well, I can’t just GIVE you the answer.

Maybe these clues will help you.

Whatever the “Mad Gab” clue is, it’s contributing to some problems I’ve been having lately…

Like walking into the bathroom and not remembering why I walked in there.  (Ummmm……right.  To use the bathroom.  I should put sticky-note reminders on the mirror.)

IMG_8875

Our family has been eating a lot of this for dinner.  (hey, it’s vitamin fortified…)

IMG_9139

IMG_9216

I can’t stand the smell of these.  (Oh gosh…..ewwwww.)

IMG_9145

Oh my word, my face feels like I’ve reverted to my darn teenage years.  Darn pimples.  Ack…..don’t look!!!. :)

photo(2) copy 7

I only want to wear yoga skirts or maxi dresses.  Pants bug the heck out of me.  (I think I have like 12 all together.  And I just rotate over and over.)

photo(2) copy 6

I can’t get enough of this.

IMG_9127

Sweets are my best friend.  And help calm my belly.  (Truly, I wish it were broccoli florets that made me feel better…..but as much as I tell myself I want veggies instead of sugar, my brain inevitably changes the subject.)

IMG_9083

If I wake up during the middle of the night (or a child wakes up and needs consoling, help going potty, etc.), insomnia kicks in and there’s no “falling right back to sleep”.  It’s annoying.  So, I grab this little lifesaver and start browsing all the different apps I have on here, hoping to bore myself back to sleep.  Such a pain.

IMG_9151

Have you seen this movie?  Do you own the soundtrack?  The silly little lyrics somehow make me cry.  Even after I’ve re-played it for Chloe 738 times.  (It’s not just this either……my eyeballs have serious plumbing issues lately, and start leaking for any ol’ reason.)

Frozen_castposter

image source

This little girl has been found many a times, patting my arm while I’m slumped across my bed/the couch/the floor, saying, “Mommy’s sick.  Again.  Shhhhh….

IMG_9185

Have you figured it out yet?!!

Well, here’s that Mad Gab card one more time.

Say it one more time……real fast.

mad gab card2

Ha!  Did you have the Mad Gab code already figured out?

Or was it the fact that my family has been eating a lot of cereal for dinner?  And my face is a pimple fest?

But yep, the Johnston home is having another little one.

photo(2)

And my belly is definitely with child.

baby belly

**Yeah, I don’t fool around.  I grow them large from day one……look at that belly!  (But remember how my last baby was 11 pounds…….oh, heaven help me!)

We brought the kiddos to the 20-week ultra sound and let them watch as the tech did her thing.

photo(2) copy

photo(2) copy 3

They thought it was fascinating.  Okay, let’s be real…..Chloe had no idea what was going on with those black/white blobs on the monitor.  She was more fascinated that it was dark in there and some lady had a magic fairy wand on my belly.  But whatever……I’ll show her pictures one day that she was in attendance, because she probably won’t remember a thing.

Elli and Connor, however, were completely focused on the screen, looking for the first signs of the gender of this new little baby.  Elli wanted another baby girl so badly and Connor, well, he would have given his left arm if he knew that would help to bring him a baby brother.  We told the kiddos Christmas Eve that we were having another baby (I was about 12 weeks at the time…) and all they have talked about since then, is whether this baby was going to be a girl or boy.  Oh, the conversations and battles that have ensued since then.

So the ultra sound tech looked…….and finally told us the news:

photo(2)-1

Connor. Was. STOKED!  He jumped up and down and screamed, “Yes!  That’s what I wanted!“  I glanced over at Elli and her face fell…..and then she moaned.  Chloe looked up at Elli, matched her face to her big sister’s……and let out a little copy-cat moan as well.  Steve and I (and the tech) just laughed.  Elli is a pattern girl and a math girl and an “even-steven” girl.  She likes life to be very even and fair (maybe it’s an oldest child thing??), so once I told her that the gender score in our family is now even……she perked up and agreed that it was better that we’re having a boy.  Whew……grieving process averted!

(And for the record, this is the ONLY baby that I really REALLY knew the gender.  The other kiddos surprisingly came exactly how I verbally requested them…..haha, but I didn’t really “know” what the first three genders were.  However, I just knew this little kiddo was a boy.  So, once she told us…..it was no surprise to Steve and I.  And we are THRILLED!)

While checking out the rest of the baby, the tech kept noticing the long arms and legs and commenting on how long they were for his 20-week age.  I reminded her to look at Steve and I…….and then she laughed.  (Remember, Steve is 6’5″ and I’m 5’11″.)  Yeah, tall genes are written all over this baby.  No surprise.

While we were finishing up the scan (the baby thankfully looks completely healthy, by the way), we asked the kids what they wanted to name the baby.  Elli wants to name him “Max” (a good solid, normal name), Connor wants to name him “Spike” (oh dear, it’s a baby not a dog), and Chloe wants to name him “Baby Elli” (yeah, sorry, that name is already taken)!  Haha……we all had a good laugh again.  We told Connor later on that we probably weren’t going to name the baby Spike and his face kinda fell.  I really think he thought the name was a serious contender.  He demanded to know why we weren’t going to use his name and we told him that, well, mommy and daddy get to choose.  Steve then told him that he could call the baby Spike as a nickname and he immediately thought that was a great idea!  And the conversation ended happily.  Whew!

After the appointment, we had lunch together and then did a little new-baby shopping.

Out of curiosity, I told the kids to all pick their very favorite baby boy item in all of Old Navy and to come show me.  Elli can read now and thought this onesie was so silly….so that was her pick.  Connor picked these shoes because I think he just wanted them in his size, and Chloe……well, she didn’t want to pick blue clothes for the baby.  She wanted pink.  Lots and lots of pink!!!!  Oh my.

baby boy picks

Such a fun day together, celebrating the little guy growing in my belly…

And well, now, another 19 weeks to wait.  I’m totally okay with that…..because holy smokes, WE’RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY!!!!!

baby boy belly

And yeah, sorry for keeping this a secret for so long.  I have been dying to share…..because we are giddy with excitement to welcome another little soul into our home.  And it’s so hard to share.  However, we really like to see and know that the baby is doing well and thriving and all that, before sharing the news.  We have shared too early before and, well, sharing the bad news is painful.

Now, buckle up…..because I cannot even WAIT to start sharing little itty-bitty baby boy ideas.  Oh, the things I want to make are crowding my brain!  Ack…….so excited!!!

And again, thanks for always loving on my family.  I have always been able to comfortably share bits about our family here on this blog……and interrupt the normal crafty blogging posts.  But I love that I feel like I can share such personal and exciting news to you, my dear blogging friends!  So thank you.  Now, go enjoy the rest of your day.  And if you’d really like to celebrate with me…….buy a family size bag of cadbury mini eggs (the current sugar craving of choice) and eat them all up!  Hey……sympathy cravings are REAL! :)

-Ashley

Filed under Family, Featured

Comments

293 Responses to “Can you figure this out?? (…plus, a few personal things to share)”
    Laura says:

Cracked me up. I never did figure out the Mad Gab, but the cereal for dinner and pimples totally gave it away. Congratulations!!!!

Laurel says:

Congratulations! I am expecting my fifth child and fourth girl, you can tell Elli that my girls are still wishing that our baby would somehow turn into a boy! We are getting a little lop-sided in our family. Anyway, I can’t wait to see what baby projects you share. Congratulations again!

MARA FROM ARGENTINA says:

I am crying here, so happy, and my kids asking WHAT HAPPENS??? HAHAHA!
    I LOVE YOUR FAMILY, this news made me feel really happy for you
    CONGRATS!

Shelly says:

Congrats! Loved the Mad Gab, never played before – but might have to now. Love your site, thanks for all of the wonderful tutorials and awesome ideas.

Abigail Morris says:

Congrats! That is wonderful!

Ashley Bakkegard says:

I have been following your blog for years…like years…after Connor was born but before you were pregnant with Chloe. I am so happy to hear you are adding another to your family. A huge congrats to you.

Oh yes, you’ve been around for the long haul! Because that’s about when I started blogging! I love hearing that!!! :)

Thanks so much Ashley….we’re so excited too! :)

Southern Gal says:

I guessed it before seeing the photos. Congratulations on being even Steven!

adrienne w says:

Congratulations!! I love Mad Gab. I figured it out as soon as I said it out loud…to myself…sitting at my computer. I also went to BYU-I, except it was still Ricks College then. Fun times! I felt so happy for your little guy. We have 5 kids- 4 girls and 1 boy. My poor son was/is desperate for a little brother! When we found out our 5th was another sister, his poor sad face broke my heart! If I could guarantee it, I’d have another baby, just to give him a brother! Ha, ha!

Thanks so much Adrienne! And oh yes, I started when it was Ricks, in 1999. It has changed so much since then.

Oh no…..that little face is what I was nervous for. But everything works out in the end! (And my little Elli would love to have all those sisters….ha!)

• 8.1.1
        adrienne w says:

I was there in 1999 as well! Small world! I lived in Birch Plaza.

Luckily, our son is a great brother and loves his sisters, even if he sometimes wishes he could replace at least one of them with a brother! He keeps me sane with all the drama of girls. We told him we’d get him a boy dog someday.

By the way, I made each of my 5 kids a fabric doll for Christmas using your patterns! It was a lot of work, but they appreciated them. Thank you so much for all you do! Hope you have a healthy and comfortable pregnancy!

• 8.1.1.1

Oh, that’s crazy! I remember Birch Plaza. My freshman year, I was way up the hill in Aspen Village. It wasn’t my favorite……ha!

That’s funny……a boy dog is a GREAT idea!!

Oh, I love that you made a doll for all 5 kids! The dolls I made my kids are always kicking around and seriously, whenever I see them, they make me so happy! Good work! :)

Jackie says:

Aww Congrats! I’m expecting my 4th too but my current 3 are all girls and we don’t know what this one is yet! With my last pregnancy, one of my girls wanted to name our youngest Pinky. We did the same thing and told her she could call her Pinky but to this day, she thinks we used Pinky as her middle name and she is so proud that it was her suggestion =)

Oh my word…..I bet you’re so anxious to find out! And that cracks me up about Pinky! Kids get the funniest things stuck in their heads. Ha!

Jen says:

Congratulations and best wishes!!!! Hopefully you start feeling better soon. The sick stage is not easy!!!

Thanks so much Jen! And I am already feeling so much better. I can eat normal food again and I can be out in public restaurants again too. Big accomplishment! :)

Michelle says:

Congratulations! We have 5 girls, so my poor husband is outnumbered. But he loves them all the same, (so long as they are willing to go fishing with him, which they do). God bless your family. PS I love your blog!

Oh, I love it! Steve is a big fisherman too and he’s going to make all of our kiddos fish with him this summer. Who needs boys for that?! :)

And thanks Michelle!

Kim says:

Congratulations!! I am so excited for all of you!

“Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full.” ~Ps.127:3,5

When I saw the title I guessed it before I read the post!!

Karen says:

So very happy for you and your family! You look beautiful, by the way, in an excited, glowing, pregnant-mama way!

Oh, thanks so much Karen! Some days I wonder if I should crawl back into bed…..haha! But I’m feeling so much better these days and we’re just so SO excited! :)

Congratulations! My family set up is a lot like yours now…minus the new bun in the oven. I have a 7 yr. old boy, six yr. old girl and 5 yr. old boy. I considered having a 4th, but just haven’t felt like the time is right. However…any time I hear of someone else that is expecting..I get a teeny bit jealous…and a LOT excited for them. I am looking forward to the baby projects to come…hopefully. Good luck!

Thanks Haley! And yeah, timing is important. I always thought we’d have this 4th one a little closer to Chloe but I felt the same way….the timing wasn’t at all right. But I would feel the same way when I saw someone else pregnant. It must be a motherly thing to feel. Glad I’m not alone! :)

And oh, you’ll be seeing baby project overload!!!! :)

Jennifer H. says:

Congrats Ashley! That is such great news!

Rosalee says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I love the mad gab by the way! It took me a minute but I totally got it!

Valerie Nelson says:

Ah yay!!! Huge congrats! :) we have 2 girls and a boy and hope to have just one more boy (as if you can order them ;). Congrats on your even family!

Katy says:

CONGRATULATIONS :-D I’m so happy for you and your (increasing!) family :-) many blessings for all of you.

Congratulations! That is so, so exciting!!! :)

Megan W. says:

Your announcements are the best. Congratulations!! :)

And Frozen songs make me cry too, but I guess my baby is only 5 weeks old so I still have an excuse, right?

I hope the remainder of pregnancy goes well and healthy and that things aren’t too crazy with the house, book, blog, kids, etc! You look fabulous!

Haha…..it’s just too much fun to not play around with it! :)

Oh gosh, you totally have an excuse. For like another 11 months too!

Thanks so much Megan! Yeah……things have been a little crazy. What was I thinking?!?! Ha!

Best wishes to your new little one as well! :)

Congrats….So excited for you guys!!! You have such a cute family already! Especially excited for a boy since I’m due with a boy in 12 weeks. Can’t wait to see what projects you come up with for him. :)

Tamara M says:

Yay!! Congrats! We just added another little boy to our family 4 mo ago ;-) so that makes us a family of 5. We have 3 little blessings (boy, girl, boy)! Hubby wants one more. We’ll see ;-) I can’t wait for all your little boy projects!

How fun! Congrats to you too!! And yeah, I never want to even discuss another baby until the youngest gets bigger. Just the thought of another pregnancy makes me think of being so sick. Ha! Enjoy your own little bundle! :)

mary says:

Congratulations!!! I must say this was the most creative pregnancy announcement post I’ve ever seen. Prayers for a healthy pregnancy and delivery.

SallyJ says:

Hooray! So happy for you! I must say that I suspected something was “under way” by seeing all the baby items you were pinning. :-) I’m glad Connor is getting a brother; they will be such little buds together!

Oh my word……that was totally my sister’s fault! She was having fun pinning to my account one day and then….once I noticed, I made her remove them all. What a turkey!

And yes, Connor is already making brother plans……I’m in love with it!

And thanks Sally!

Congratulations! Even is good (it didn’t last long around here … we evened the score then upped the boys by two more).

Congratulations! What exciting news for your family!

Stephanie says:

Congratulations! And what a clever way to share your news! Mad Gab is such a fun game full of silly words. Speaking of words, no wonder you’re crying when you listen to the Frozen soundtrack! Have you paid attention to the lyrics??? I’m surprised so many Mormons love the music so much, with words like “No right, no wrong, no rules for me. I’m free.” Aaaack! But I digress. I really am so happy for you, and hope you’re past the nausea of the 1st Semester!

Haha…thanks Stephanie, it was just too fun to not share it with a Mad Gab!

And yeah, we have to glean the good parts from the movie! But we’ll just consider that part her learning process, because eventually she comes around! But I think I cry the most with the snowman song! I was always the little sister and now I watch my youngest trying to play with her big brother and sister and my heart gets all mushy! :)

And thanks so much…..I’m feeling so much better than I was a month ago. Yuck! :)

Jessica says:

YAAAAAAAAAAY! Congratulations! We just welcomed baby #2 into our family last week {a little boy}, and I am in heaven! I may or may not have squealed like a small child at the darling ultrasound picture. Congratulations again! You are such a sweet family and I can tell from your posts that the Spirit is definitely a part of your home– a perfect place for another wise little soul to start his journey. Keep up the great work and get feeling better soon! :)

Oh hooray, congrats to you guys! Oh, little boys…..they are sweet little things!

And thanks Jessica! We are far from perfect…….but sure do love our little babies!!

Hope you’re healing and feeling well! Much love!! :)

Amber says:

Eeek!!! Congratulations!! I am so excited for you since I love seeing those cute babies of yours! And I totally got the Mad Gab!!! :-)

Courtney Merle says:

Congratulations! I knew right away, you posted a blog similar to this when you were pregnant with Chloe. Hah I guess I’ve been following for a while. congratulations!!!!

I feel so stupid compared to everyone else- i was absolutely surprised, i couldn’t even figure out the mad gab- even after saying it super fast multiple times. Doesn’t matter tho because honestly i am truly very happy for you, congratulations!!!!

ira lee says:

congrats!!!! im so happy for boy tutorials!!

Natalie Wright says:

Congratulations!!! So excited for you and your family!

Awww, thanks Natalie!

• 34.1.1
        Natalie Wright says:

We were in the same ward in Rexburg back in 2008-2009 fall/winter semester when your little boy was a little babe. It seems like forever ago. It’s always fun to see how much families have grown and changed over the years. :)

Alysha says:

I LOVE Mad Gab and I totally figured it out and was so excited for you! I’m MOST excited about all the BOY stuff that will be forthcoming! I’m also glad you love sharing with all of us (even though you’ve probably never met over half of us!). I’ve been “with you” following the site for a long time and I just love your crafty posts and your adorable family! Congratulations to you!

Ahhh, you’re good! :)

Oh, I love it too! It makes it that much more fun to make things. No joke! Thanks for hanging around all this time…….I kinda love hearing that! :)

Kristie says:

So happy for you! What a great day! We had a similar experience. I had 3 boys and the oldest wanted a girl, the middles one wanted a boy, because 2 brothers wasn’t enough, and the 3rd one had no idea what was going one. We found out it was a girl, and the oldest cheered, the middle one almost hit me out of anger. And the little one was just glad there was cake.
    She’s 6 months old and the all adore her to no end! Especially the middle boy!

Ha…….that kinda made ma laugh out loud. Well, the part about your middle child being so angry, he wanted to hit you. they just don’t quite understand why they can’t have what baby they want……and then your third was just happy to have cake. So funny!!!!!

And they all love her now…..love it!

Debbie C says:

Congratulations Ashley, how exciting for you (and Connor)! Love Mad Gab and once I figured it out I got chills at the news! Can’t wait to see all the creative ideas you come up with for him.

Wendy says:

I figured it out with the onions and garlic–and now I’m already obsessing about the Halloween costuming this year. HAHAHAHA!

Holly says:

Awesome!!!! I had a thought of ‘pregnant?’ when you mentioned your eyes leaking, but didn’t think you’d be sharing such awesome news! Congratulations!

I loooved hearing about the children’s reactions!

Take care and God bless!
    Holly

Andrea H. says:

Congrats, a sweet little family of 6! Blessings and health to you and baby boy :-)

Crystal says:

Yay! What awesome news! Congratulations!

Jack says:

Congrats!! I was just thinking the other day “when are they going to have another?” I started reading your blog right before Chloe was born so it’s been a while for me!

Iris says:

congratulations Ashley!

Meagan says:

Congratulations to you and your family! I am due to have my THIRD boy July 4th :) We must have close due dates, so I’m excited to see your updates! Brothers are the best, your son will have a blast. Just thrilled to see upcoming baby boy projects!!!

Laura says:

Congratulations Ashley!! What a fun way to share! Can’t wait to see all the fun little boy things you’re dreaming up!

Jaclyn says:

Yaaay! Congratulations! I just had my fourth a week ago today – and I now have two girls and two boys as well! And, as this newest addition to our clan is also a wee lad, I can’t wait to see what sort of itty bitty boyish adorableness you have coming! :)

Heidi Gore says:

I am so excited that you are expecting again. I don’t even know you, but follow your blog and all the cute things you create. I am totally excited that you are having a little boy too as my daughter-in-law is expecting our first grandson the end of May. I have been sewing up a storm and made several of your wearable baby blankets and other cute boy things (burp clothes, bibs, kerchief bibs, crocheted hats, soft-side shoes, nursing pads, etc). She lives in Colorado Springs so is not to far from you. I’d love to see you create some cute baby swaddlers and I’m sure you have already been busy planning out what to make next. Congratulations.

Tara S says:

Congratulations!!! I’m a LONG time reader and I couldn’t be more happier for you. I am so excited that they’ll will be baby posts again. :-) Cant wait to see what your 4 kids will be for Halloween this year, hehehehe. Good luck the rest of the way. I hope you have an smooth, easy delivery and a baby that likes to sleep. My second baby was a lot harder as an infant so the thought of having a third totally of scares me. I’m hoping in a year I will forgot how hard it was and I get baby fever again, hehehe. How hard was it to go from two to three for you?

Thanks for letting us celebrate with you.
    Tara

PS….I’m eager to see more pictures of your new house!! I LOVE your kitchen!!

Thank you so much Tara……and I’m thrilled you have been around so long! And haha, I have to admit, Halloween has crossed my mind a time or two. I just have so much fun with it! :)

I am serious when I say this but going from 2 to 3 was much easier than 1 to 2. You’ll be used to caring for multiple children and not devoting all your time to one child. Plus, the oldest will be a helper and won’t be so hard to communicate with, etc. I was worried just like you though.

And thanks for all the well wishes! (And yeah, we need to finish more of the house so I can share more…..haha!)

Andrea Farris says:

Congrats! What awesome news :)

jo says:

Congratulations! I have been around since Chloe was born. Where has the time gone?! I should ask?! My babies are 22 & 19! Enjoy – they grow up way too fast! Can’t wait to meet Spike!

Awwww, I love that you’ve been around so long! Time does speed by so quickly though, because she’ll be 3 this week! And hahahaha…….Connor can’t wait to meet Spike either! :)

Jaren says:

What a cute post to announce your news!!! I feel your pain! I am almost 20 weeks with my 4th child too. I also have girl (7), boy (5 1/2), girl (2), and soon to be a boy in July! I’m sure our house holds are very similar. I’m finally starting to feel better, but that ugh feeling may last all the way through for this one. Congratulations!!! I look forward to your updates!

Ummmmm…….that’s crazy! Exactly the same! I’m due July 14th. Ha!

And oh no……I’m so sorry you aren’t feeling better! I got some meds from my OB this time around because I was feeling way worse with this one. It has done WONDERS!! Good luck and congrats to you too! :)

Veronika says:

Congratulations! How exciting and brave of you to go for a fourth one, well done! It seems like we will be in the same boat at the same time as I am having my big scan on Friday (DD 14.7.2014 ;-) )

Stacey says:

Oh, huge congrats to you and your family! Very excited for all of you.

Bobbie says:

I am so excited for you! I love babies! ( that’s why I am the nursery Sunday school teacher- I get to be a baby hog and don’t have to share)

I love mad gab too- my favorite has always been
    Hiney
    Duck
    Hiss

What a fun way to share the news!

Well, that’s the perfect job for you! I do really love little squishy babies too!!!

And haha, that took me while and I had to say it many times out loud (the words are so distracting)……but it’s, “I need a kiss”! So much fun.

Thanks Bobbie!

Erica says:

Mad Gab is a fun game….what a cool way to share your news! Congratulations!!
    You guys make the CUTEST kids, so it’s wonderful you are having another!
    My son would totally pick up on the girl-boy- pattern you’ve got going on….sounds like he’s a lot like Elli that way. :)
    By the way, you look amazing!

HUGE Congrats! We still call my 6 year old a version of the name his bug sister gave him when she found out he was a boy… She was 4 at the time and was not happy that he was a boy, but she decided he should be called “Superman.” To this day the family calls him “Supey” (soo-py) or “Supe” (soup, haha!). His real name is Sie. Funny how things like that happen in our special little families! ;)

Biggest congrats to your family, again!

Heidi says:

I just wanted to say congratulations!
    I also would like to say how glad I am not to be the only one on here with four or five kiddos!!! I have five, 3 boys and 2 girls. Sometimes the looks I get at the store… :)
    Can’t wait to see what kinds of baby boy stuff you come up with!

Haha…..oh I know, I’m waiting for the looks! Especially when the current ones are being crazy, the baby is crying, and I probably seem frazzled! It’s bound to happen but, oh well! I wouldn’t have it any other way! :) (high fives to you!)

Thanks so much Heidi!

Lisa Hansen says:

Congrats! I can totally sympathize with everything you are going thru. We are expecting our third child in April. I am excited to see what baby boy things you come up with as this will be our second little guy. Good luck to you!

Melissa says:

CONGRATULATIONS! I got your Mad Gab thingy right away and I was grinning ear to ear for the whole rest of the post. ! You have a beautiful family.

Neviana says:

Congratulations and best wishes!!

Katie says:

I totally figured the mad gab out right away!! Only because I’ve been waiting (and hoping) for this post. I’ve seen a lot of your Pinterest baby pins and was thinking that maybe something was up! Congratations!! I can’t wait to see what’s up your sleeve. Also, I’ve really been enjoying your DIY posts!!

Haha……my darn sister was adding a few things to my Pinterest and when I noticed those, I told her to take them down right away. I even had friends texting me and asking if I was pregnant. Ha…..turkey!

And thanks so much Katie! (I have more of those DIY projects coming up too!)

Melissa A. says:

YAY!!!!!! Congrats Ashley! :D You guys make such wonderful babies! My son is 7 months old and I’m already getting the itch for another hahaa I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well, I’ll be praying for ya.

Oh, the itch…..I know it too well! 7 months is such a sweet baby stage…..enjoy him!

And thanks so much Melissa, I appreciate prayers more than anything else! :)

Melanie says:

Congratulations, Ashley! What great news! I hope you are feeling all right these days :) I’m due in June (5 days after my husband starts a new job in a new place…uhhhhh) so I am bawling at dumb commercials and songs on the radio and putting dishes away in strange places too :) We’re having girl #4! Still, I am very excited to see your boy projects, I know other people DO make baby boys so it is always good to have ideas ready to go for gifts!!

Also, I NAILED that Mad Gab clue. I have mastered that game, thanks in part to growing up with a sister who mumbled half her sentences and I learned quickly to interpret them for my mom, ha ha! Humility is also missing during this pregnancy, apparently ;)

Oh yay…..congrats to you too! I’m due July 14th, so a little while after you…..but pretty darn close! And oh gee, the commercials, the songs, the sweet stories…..they all get me.

And atta girl, my husband couldn’t even figure out the clue. And he already KNEW the news. Ha! But that’s hilarious that you were the translator all those years. Hello, that’s a serious skill! :)

Thanks so much Melanie!

Alisha says:

That is so great that you are having another baby. I am hoping to add another addition to my little family soon too, my little guy is getting lonely and I don’t want the age gap to be too far apart. This will definitely be the last one though as I just dont see my husband and I handling more than two.I still don’t see how my parents handled four, and all of them girls, me being the youngest. Hope the rest of the pregnancy and delivery goes well. I have to admit that while I had no trouble with the practice mad gabs, the one you made stumped me until I saw it for a second time at the bottom of the post. Sadly the pictures didn’t even clue me in. But then again maybe it is early pregnancy brain fog (here’s hoping).

Oh, how exciting…..you’re feeling the itch! Good luck to you!

And haha, I totally tricked you. Totally worth it!!!

Thanks so much Alisha!

Karin says:

YAY!!!!!!! How exciting for you all!!! Many Congrats!

Marie says:

So excited for you! I had to say something because part way through your post I had to stifle my laughs so as not to wake up my sleeping kids. We are having number 4 also (due at the VERY end of May). It is also a boy (#3 for us). When we asked our kids what we should name him, the first name out of my oldest’s mouth was, “MAX!” I don’t think that will be his name when he comes but the coincidence just made me laugh! :) Congrats!

Caitie says:

Congratulations! We just had a surprise little boy after two girls, and couldn’t be happier. Once baby is here and healthy you kinda forget what you “wanted” anyway. Looking forward to boy sewing ideas. God Bless!

Oh yay…..congrats to you too! And yeah, Elli will completely forget about it once the baby is here! They’re just so sweet and loveable, everything else is forgotten.

And thanks so much Caitie!

cucicucicoo says:

What wonderful, fantastic news!! A super congratulations to you and the rest of your family! :) Lisa

Rosanna says:

I’m so happy for you! You have a talent for making beautiful children! I grinned all the way through that post. Much love x

Aubrey R says:

Congrats, congrats, congrats! :) Hope the feeling crummy/sensitive to smells/insomnia magically leaves you (ugh, so un-fun as I can painfully recall 7 yrs later).

Robin says:

I guessed ur news before I even got to the MadGab! Congrats to all of you…I have 6 kiddos and can tell you that there is something really special about a large family. You will never be bored or have trouble falling asleep at night. Lol, but seriously it is so worth all the extra work.. Blessings for a safe remainder of your pregnancy and a speedy delivery when the little guy is ready to join the outside world.

Ha……you’re good! And yes, I agree……I come from a family of 7 kids. And yes, always something going on and someone to play with and LOTS of kids to do the dishes….haha! :)

And thanks so much Robin!

Silvija says:

That’s amazing news! Congratulations! I ‘
    Best wishes from Lithuania!

Maïlys says:

Wow, that’s terrific! I’m so happy for you =)
    I can’t stop grinning either!

Congrats to Mommy, Daddy, and the big sisters and the big brother all the way from France!
    (I wish all of you the best, too!)

Annie says:

Congratulations!!! The Best baby announcement post ever!!!

Heather says:

Congratulations!! I wish I were back in those exciting days. . . but I’ll just be excited for you instead! And your Mad Gab was seriously the first I’ve ever been able to guess (I’m terrible at that game.)

Kathy says:

I love Mad Gab! I love that you shared the news that way! Congratulations!!!! What wonderful news! I’m so glad everyone is healthy and that the kids are excited.

Lynette says:

Super exciting! I’m so happy for you guys!

Angie says:

Congratulations, Ashley!! So happy for you!! I don’t know anyone who is better at making adorable babies than you & your hubby!!

Angie Bartos

Patty says:

Congratulations! Wow! This will be an exciting adventure! Blessings!

Sav says:

Congratulations!! My two boys are both July babies! Being 9 months along in the dead of summer is not for the faint of heart, but on the plus side, you can always let the big kids play in the pool while you float your aches and pains away, right?! :) Wishing the best for you. xo

Oh gosh, I know, I’m already dreading it! I’m just hoping for a drizzly July! And yes, the pool, or sit on the patio furniture while they run through the sprinklers over and over and over. Ahhhhhh…..that sounds so dreamy right now, with all the cold weather still lingering. :)

Thanks so much Sav!

Kristina Noall says:

I knew it must be soon! That was probably the most awesome pregnancy announcement EVER. Seriously, the amazing Mad Gab card (I’m proud to say that I figured it out!), the blue hat…I am totally stealing those next time it’s my turn. :) I’ll link them back to you. Congratulations!!! What a blessed kiddo, to be part of your wonderful family!

Leigh says:

Congratulations!

Lovaine Niblock says:

Wow!! Here’s me reading away and guessing those silly words, I did not see that comin!! Congratulations to you all, I hope and pray you are well throughout the rest of your pregnancy and enjoy it as much as you can with three others, well four if you count your hubby, to run after. And do tutorials?? Are you nuts? Anyway, brilliant news, may God bless you. x

Ha……..I totally tricked you!

And yeah, I’m feeling kinda nuts…..but all of that other stuff has slowed down and now it’s kinda back to normal. Whatever “normal” is……ha!

But thank you so much Lovaine!

Michelle says:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stacey says:

Wow! I love Mad Gab and I totally guessed it right the first time I read it. My twin sister and I are scary-good at that game. :) Congratulations!! We had our fourth last year and while it’s been an adjustment, it has also been tons of fun! I can totally relate to the pregnancy acne, but just put a smile on and no one will notice.

Ha……we should totally play against you! I love that game too……and get a little feisty with it! :)

Yeah, I’ve just got to embrace all this acne and slap a smile on. You’re so right!

Congrats on your 4 little rascals too! And thanks for the love! :)

Jess says:

Yay! I guessed correctly before all those clues. Congratulations! That is wonderful news.

Mauri says:

Congratulations! I loved the Mad Grab. It took me a few tries but I got it! Good luck!

Helena says:

YAY congrats!!

crystal says:

Yay! I’m 21 weeks with my 4th too. We don’t know gender yet. Love the mad gab idea. I was pretty sure I knew it, but the cereal and onions and crying sealed the deal. Congratulations!

Awww! Congrats Ashley! Of course I don’t know you but I FEEL like I do :) Loved the way you revealed your happy news. So excited for your family!

Samantha says:

Yay! We are expecting #4 as well and we are evening up the gender score here, too. Girl, boy, girl, boy, that is the way to do it! :) Congrats on the exciting news!!! Can’t wait to see some fun baby boy projects I can attempt to copy for my own little guy due in June!!

Jenn Reed says:

Congrats, I have 2 beautiful babies…Elliana my 2 1/2 yr old girl and Wyatt my 8 month, and I have been back and forth on having a 3rd, but truly having kids is the most wonderful thing in life , I love being a mom too….happy for you and your family !!!

I totally agree! No one is saying it’s easy…..but darn it, those kids can turn a sour mood happy in 2 seconds flat. I love being their mother!

Good luck deciding on a 3rd……you’ll know. :)

And thanks Jenn!

Heidi says:

I’m so excited!!! I can’t wait to see all of the itty bitty baby stuff you’ll be making in the near future :)

Winter says:

Our youngest,Ella figured it out! The 11 year old beat out everyone else.

Adrienne says:

Awesome news- so excited for you!!! We are expecting baby number 4 too and I am excited to see all the fun things you have coming- well when you get around to it– and the cereal thing— yah that is totally us too!!! That made me laugh-Congrats again!!

Liz says:

Such a fun way to share with all of us!! You are amazing!! Congratulations to all of you!

Bonnie Ditto says:

So happy for your family. Have so enjoyed watching your kiddos grow. It crossed my mind a couple of days ago that your Chloe was just not a baby any more. Can’t wait to see what you do for Halloween now!!!

I know……I keep telling myself that even though I don’t feel older, my kids are going to keep growing. Ack!!!

And haha, I have actually thought about Halloween, as funny as that sounds. :)

Thanks so much Bonnie!

Maree says:

Hi Ashley,
    Congratulations and all your kids are so cute. I wish I could meet you all but then I am from Maldives and am v v v far from where you all live. Still I follow your website v closely and have made a few things from your blog. Anyway, I can’t wait for your upcoming baby projects coz u always always amaze me with your ideas. Thank you so much for sharing and Congrats once again!

Oh, I would love to meet every single one of you too! Thanks for your excitement……and yes, I have a whole bunch of little boy stuff to share. Can’t wait!!

Thanks Maree!

Amber says:

I was just thinking today, “I hope she gets pregnant so she can post more baby things on her blog!” Congrats!

Юлия says:

It is sooooooo great!!! Cool!

Jen says:

Congrats, so happy for you! We have 4 kids too! Boy, girl, girl, boy. Four kids is a party I love having so many.

Angieg says:

Wow, congrats on the new bundle of Boy! Glad you share your family along with your craftiness.

Sue Epling says:

Your family is beautiful!! I enjoyed the game but never figured out the message even though the clues were pointing to a pregnancy. You are truly blessed~

I didn’t read all the comments but I wanted to share what I just made! I have only girls so I always enjoy making little boy things for friends! I just made several (ok, like 7) bow ties for a friends baby. I know, lots of folks make bow ties. *But* I added little plastic snaps to the back and gave her a bib, onuses in 4 sizes and a couple of t-shirts with snaps so she can snap the little bow ties onto the various tops and the little boy can always look dapper! So cute! I can’t wait to see him in all his cute little bow ties!
    Congratulations!!

Oh my word…..you’re going to die! That’s exactly one of the projects I’m working on. HA! I used to make Elli (who’s 7) headbands that had interchangeable bows/flowers that would snap onto the headband and I would sell them. Years later, I thought I should do something for little boys that was interchangeable….because it’s so darn fun……and that was the idea! But then I had a baby girl (Chloe, who’s now 3)….and so the idea stood still. I hadn’t thought of doing it on bibs though. How cute! But the interchangeable bow ties was something I thought would be fun, so that baby boys could have an “accessory”. That cracks me up…….maybe you should just come over and craft WITH me! :)

Anyway, you’ll probably see something similar in the next few weeks. :)

Diane W says:

Congratulations! How exciting! We have 7, (mostly married now), but i wouldnt of traded my life for anything. 2 girls and 5 boys. My advice is, the more you have, the less you know!! Just love and enjoy them and instill the 10 camandments in them.

Oh, we are exactly the opposite in my own family……5 girls and 2 boys. There was always something going on and someone to talk to! :)

And thanks for the advice…..so true! :)

Thanks Diane!

A. Weight says:

CONGRATULATIONS on your Bundle of Joy!!!!

Jess says:

Funny enough, we are both at exactly the same week in our pregnancy. Also my 4th and also was sure on the gender of this baby–a girl. Small world. I will be sure to follow you and see who goes first!

Stephanie says:

Congratulations! We just welcomed my nephew into the world today…it was incredible! Looking forward to all the cute baby boy ideas so I can make them for our new little Bentley. So happy for you! :)

Mellany says:

A hearty congrats all the way from South Africa.

Estrella says:

Congrats!! :D Your kids are just too cute, picking names and clothes for their new brother… I was melting!! So I’m sure he’ll be the happiest baby on earth!

Leigh Anne says:

Congrats! That’s beyond exciting! I loved your post to announce it …….so cute! Makes me feel like we are chatting in real life ;). I am sitting here nursing my #4….I have 2 boys and then 2 girls too. So fun! That 4th one is easy-peasy!

Yay……that makes me so happy! And I love that you’re a nursing multi-tasker. I’m always the same way and kinda love that my babies were able to eat while I did this or that with my free hand. And congrats to you too! :)

Genevieve says:

Congratulations! What a blessing. Hope you feel great soon!

Laurel K. says:

Congratulations. What a cute blog post.

Bethany says:

Congratulations! At the risk of sounding like a complete weirdo, I just wanted to say that I started following your blog when you had your little Ellie and I had my son at the same time. And now I’m expecting again too–it makes me feel like we’re {pregnant} friends. :) So happy for you!

Ha……not a weirdo at all! Some of you who have been around for so long, have seen my kids grow and understand more of the back story of this ol’ blog. I love hearing that you’re still around! :)

And thanks for your excitement! We couldn’t be more thrilled!

Becky says:

Yay! I’ve wondered! Your blog quieted down last fall and I wondered if you were sick!

Haha……I know, things were a little spotty in the fall. I hate not telling because it would sure explain a lot. But now it’s out and I can’t wait to share more! :)

Christina H says:

So happy for you guys, congrats!

Tracy Patrice says:

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats! That’s one lucky Baby….(I mean from what I can tell from your blog, lol) God Bless!

laura g says:

congrats!!! always awesome to hear that kinda news!! ive got 3 nieces and 3 nephews and 5 sisters and 6 brothers!!

CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Amanda says:

Congrats! I was visiting my parents’ ward last week and there was a beautiful musical number going on and I kept looking at one of the ladies saying, “I have seen her before. Where have I seen her?” (I’ve never been to that ward before). Turns out it was you and my sister is in your Sunday School class and has nothing but great things to say about you! Congrats on An Utter Bundt Un Loaf Joey!

Oh my word……haha, that’s CRAZY!!! You must either be Ashley’s sister or Leslie’s! I adore them both and have a lot of fun with those teenagers. (And the poor kids, being pregnant makes me extra weepy in there when we talk about certain things……ha!)

How funny though……such a small world!

And thanks Amanda! :)

Congrats! That puts you at the beginning of July, I think?

I’m just two or three weeks behind you, and I just found out mine is a boy yesterday. My son was just as excited as yours! And I’m excited to make boy-projects right alongside you.

Oh, how fun! Congrats to you too! And haha, those boys just want to have little buddies to play with. :)

And yep, due July 14th. :)

Vikki says:

Congratulations! x

Jenny says:

Yay! Congrats to you guys!

Jolynn Keel says:

I am so happy for you and your family! I love the things the kids picked out for their new brother, even Chole’s pink stuff! Congrats!

Regina says:

I’ve read all the many wonderful comments you received and I am in complete agreement with everyone. The one thing I will add is that you look just beautiful, you are truly glowing. You are carrying the pregnancy so nicely…..you should be proud of how well you look. You have always amazed me with all your projects and yet you still have time to raise 3 darling children. I have followed you since you posted the stuffed turtles you copied from pottery barn (I think that was the store). Anyway, I made two of them and was so pleased how they came out. You have always written the best instructions…….another talent you have. I will be anxious to see how you decorate the baby’s room……will he be sharing with Connor? With being one of seven, what number grandchild is this for your Mom and Dad? My best to you Ashley and your beautiful husband and children. Heartfelt congratulations to all !!

Emma says:

Congratulation!! I am so happy for you and your family. :) I love your creative post telling us the news.

Linda says:

Congrats! I know your family is so excited. It will be fun to follow along & see your new projects.

Nicole P says:

Congrats on another family member! Hope it all goes well!

priya says:

Ohhh,Happy to hear and Congrats dear

Nisha says:

So Sooo happy to here the good news…
    Congragulations…

Linnae says:

Hooray! How exciting!

Jess says:

So exciting! Massive congratulations to your whole family! X

Emilee says:

Congratulations! And I’m so excited that you’ll be sharing little boy things because I am 24 weeks along with my first boy! (I have two girls and the oldest was very disappointed it wasn’t another girl because she “wanted Daddy to be the only boy.” But we’re working our way to excitement about it–usually by looking at cute little boy clothes and stuff.)

Lynne says:

Congratulations!! Very exciting news! I, too, am excited to see all the little boy ideas you have – I have 12 grandchildren, 6 are boys and I seem to sew more for my granddaughters & I’m now looking forward to getting in some things for my grandsons. Yay!

PS/ I almost had the mad gab right – does almost count? :)

RobyGiup says:

Congratulations Ashley!!! I’m so happy for you all!
    Tha picture of the children looking at the monitor is amazing, I think they will remember this moment forever (and yes, you should show the picture to little Chloe in the future so she can have a memento of this moment too)

A very big hug to all the family! :)

PS: I had a hard time with mad gab but finally I got it! And my native language is not English, does that counts?!

Nancy says:

Congratulations!!

Amber Omer says:

Congrats! Cute way to announce!

Hannah B says:

I feel like i just heard that a personal friend is expecting! That is wonderful! Congratulations on your new little one! I’m so happy for you! Seriously, I wish I had someone to call & tell, but it really wouldn’t make sense to anyone!

hooda says:

I love you! The best mother:-)

Liz says:

Congratulations! I am so excited for you. I hope you are feeling well and the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly.

Kristen says:

So incredibly happy for you!

Marei says:

Great News! :)
    I’m very excited for you and hope you have enjoyable days ahead of you!

shepard says:

AHHHHHHH!!! So excited for you! I’ve been following since around the time you had Chloe, when I had just had my second. :) I’ve loved watching how they grow in the same ways, which is so weird since we’ve never met! I’ve had our third since then, but once I got the mad gab I told my husband it’s time to start trying for a 4th! Lol. And a boy this time! We have all girls so far, but I can’t wait to see your cute little boy projects. Maybe it will inspire my uterus to think boy…haha. Congratulations! You have such a sweet family!

kari-lynn says:

Ashley-

I have been following your blog for forever…I have made several of your things. Let’s just say, I’m an Ashley wannabe. We both went to Ricks/BYU I, our kids are the exact same ages…seriously maybe off by a few months. We just had our 4th in January. CONGRATULATIONS on your little guy!! Anyway, I love your blog, your realness about life and your humor. Without even meeting you I feel like we could be good friends…is that weird. Please take that as a compliment and not creepy :) We are FINALLY finishing school after 10 years…Whew and selling most of our stuff to move from St Louis to Seattle and I have been obsessed with how to decorate my new home. I noticed your dining room chairs in this post. Those are exactly what I envisioned. Where did you get those? If you don’t mind sharing. Once again, I want to copy you :) Thank you and Congrats again!!!

Amanda says:

Oops, I’m quite late on reading the news! I am also a serious blog-stalker of yours and I just wanted to chime in and say congratulations! Nothing like a sweet new baby, I’m very happy for you!

Lesley says:

Congrats! I finally got it after 2 clues! I’m so happy for you- I’m a little teary-eyed :)

Heather G. says:

Somehow I missed your post here, but hooray! I’ll join in with you, I’m expecting too! ;) Due September 2014 and have only shared with a few close friends. <3 Our 2nd child together!

Heather G. says:

ha.. hope that was clear–I meant, our 2nd as in.. my husband and mine.. not ours as in yours and mine! :)

Erendira says:

OMG!! Congratulations!!

Saray says:

You made me laugh and cry! What a beautiful blessing! P.s. I’m so excited for you! And your beautiful family! I’ve been reading your blog almost 4 years… And I can’t wait to meet the new member! I know the cravings… I only have 2 babies… My oldest 4 and my little 18 months…

Svenja says:

Wanna giggle?
    I just sent my boyfriend an E-Mail – he’s not that much into crafts, but I show him the occasional thing – along the line “Ashley from makeit-loveit is having another baby!”
    What is the answer not a minute later?
    “She made it, she’ll love it.”

Natalie says:

Congrats! I’m a couple weeks behind you, expecting my first boy after three girls. I can’t WAIT to see what your ideas are!! I’ll be stalking your blog for ideas… Haha!

Marleen says:

Congratulations!!! I love to see your boy projects! My baby boy os almost two and started walking two weeks ago, so definitely not a baby anymore. So I’ll live through you, and enjoy the heck out of all the little boy stuff!

Ellie from Canada says:

Congrats!! I’d love to join you with those chocolate eggs, but I need to lose 10 lbs!! My husband and I gave up the smokes last fall…good for us, huh?

Oriana says:

Congratulations!!!! What awesome news to share :) Funny, my youngest is 8 months old and today, for giggles, I put a cute maternity shirt on. (I work out of my home office so NOBODY will see me) But the thought of being pregnant again kinda makes my body hurt right now..haha!

Best wishes to you and your {growing} family. Super duper happy for you :)

Oriana

Felicitaciones!! Realmente me emocione mucho con la noticia, sigo tu blog desde hace años y los siento como amigos, a toda tu familia.
    Bendiciones para todos!