20+ DIY Headboard Ideas

Headboards have been on my brain lately.  I already have one for our master bedroom and I made Elli one for her little twin sized bed.  I’d really like to make one for Connor and for the guest room.  Meh, Chloe doesn’t really need one, as she’s still in the nursery…..but soon.

But I love how they look……and they really don’t have to cost a lot.  I mean, you CAN spend a fortune if that’s how you roll, but I kinda like for things to look like they may have cost some money…..but ha, they don’t!

As I was browsing around online, I found really clever and unique ideas.  In case you’re on the same hunt, maybe these will help inspire you…  (And if you come across any others you love, leave me the link in the comment section.  I’d love to see more!)

So many ideas to choose from:

20+ DIY Headboard Ideas....I'm feeling inspired! --- Make It and Love It

DIY Tufted Headboard by Thrifty Decor Chick

Barnwood Headboard by Design Sponge

Old Book Headboard by Design Every Day

Antique Headboard by I Love Decoration

Framed Tufted Headboard (from Old Dresser Mirror) by Make It and Love It (yep, that’s Elli’s headboard!))

Fireplace Mantel into a Headboard by Apartment Therapy

DIY Tufted Headboard by The Idea Room

Chalkboard Paint Headboard by Desire To Inspire

Birdhouse Headboard by La Factoria Plastica

Soccer Net Headboard by Real Simple

Shutter Headboard by HGTV

Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 9.22.16 AM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Filed under Featured, Home Decor, Round Up

15 Responses to “20+ DIY Headboard Ideas”
    Erendira says:

Deb Kramer says:

great ideas. I need a new head board so this is great for me

Sarah says:

Fence headboard – get a piece of fence wide enough for the bed, decorate
    it, and mount it on the wall. Fencing can be purchased at a fence supplier or
    Home Depot. A white picket fence headboard is very pretty. I am thinking
    of doing a pink picket fence headboard for my little girl.

Amy Huntley says:

Thank you so much for featuring my little girl’s tufted headboard. You have a great round up here!

Missy says:

all look pretty good! Got me thinking now..

Dani H says:

There are really some great ideas here!

I’m definitely wanting to make a headboard and have found two tufted (or pin tucked) headboard tutorials using pegboard, which looks so much easier than having to drill holes through wood or mdf. Since I have a pin tuck duvet and pillow shams, I don’t intend to add buttons.

I really enjoyed this post!

I LOVE all of these! Thanks for including us in your post! xoxo, Brooke

Tristie says:

I have been wanting to make some headboards, too. I have been married 13 years and have never had a headboard. Maybe this year!

Liz says:

You are AMAZING!!! Thank you for sharing!

Headboards add impact, visual interest and luxury to a room, letting you store decorative knick-knacks around your
    bed. When I tell people that I made the headboard
    out of curtains, no one believes me at first until they go up close and start checking it out.
    Either use a staple gun to attach or use spray adhesive if
    your foam is a little thicker.