Halloween Costumes 2013: The Whole TANGLED Crew (plus a video!!)

Don’t forget to join in on the Virtual Costume Parade this year!  I know some of you are still making your costumes..……but once they’re finished, upload your images to the YOU Made It and LOVE It Flickr account.  Then, I will grab them from that account and will share them here TOMORROW!!!  (The deadline to get the pictures uploaded to flickr is tonight.  Around midnight (MST) or so…  Deal??

. . . . .

I meant to post this a few days ago…..but some of you have been asking to see the whole ‘Tangled’ crew together.

Well…….here you go!

(If this is your first time here or if you haven’t been around in a while……..there are full DIY tutorials for all three costumes here: Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, and Pascal.)

IMG_9977-001

And in case you’re wondering……..these three are the silliest of friends!

IMG_0010

IMG_9893

However, it hasn’t always been that way.

You see, this Flynn guy was actually a thief on the loose.  ((Boo. Hiss.))

He was shocked when the castle’s guards figured out it was he, who had stolen the princess’ crown.

IMG_0079

Flynn was worried that people would recognize him, so he tried removing every last “wanted” poster throughout the land.

IMG_0147

However, he missed one.

And Rapunzel and Pascal were completely confused by it.

IMG_0116

Rapunzel had trusted Flynn……so she was pretty angry with him when she realized it was him on this poster.

IMG_0112

He denied all accusations……but Rapunzel still didn’t believe him.  And pulled out her most powerful weapon of all:

IMG_0197

IMG_0259

While Flynn was knocked out on the ground, Rapunzel had a heart to heart with Pascal…..and they decided they should probably give this Flynn guy another chance.

IMG_0298

So they set off to wake him….and tell him the great news!

IMG_0328

See?  He’s not such a bad guy after all.  (And haha….Pascal’s got some killer dance moves!!)

IMG_9920

IMG_9928

And that’s how these guys became great friends!

IMG_0018

**Yeah, the story line’s off a bit…..just go with it! :)

And, like years past (and the biggest reason it has taken me ALL day to post this…….ack!!)

………a video

I considered not making one (because I had to relearn iMovie from the last time I used it…..and was running out of time) but then I remembered how much my kids watch the past Halloween Costume movies that I have made.  So, I hurried and put it together.  Which I’m so glad I did……because I now remember that it’s my favorite part too!

So, turn up that sound, make the screen large, and enjoy!

Happy Halloween!!

-Ashley (and the little ‘Tangled’ crew)

Filed under Children, Clothing, Featured, Halloween Costumes, Holiday, Sewing

Comments

39 Responses to “Halloween Costumes 2013: The Whole TANGLED Crew (plus a video!!)”
    Natalie says:

Shake it, Chloe! What a fun bunch of kiddos!!

Lynette says:

I haven’t had a chance to comment yet, but I am totally amazed by these costumes! I love all the details you put in, and I love how your son got to have a frying pan and his knife that he requested. I love the tangled dress, but I think my favorite this year is that darling pascal! I love her dance moves too, how fun! I did store bought this year, but I think next year the home made costume games will begin.

F. K. says:

How sweet! I love these costumes, Tangled was an awesome movie. You did a really amazing job!

Gabi Barrick says:

Precious. Absolutely precious. Love the timing of the music to the photos/videos. Happy Halloween! :)

Coralie says:

This is darling!

LeMae says:

You are amazing! Pascal is my favorite. Your kids are adorable!

Christy says:

You have to be the coolest Mom! The video is such an awesome idea!!

Kathy Rosted says:

So very cute….always enjoy your site…

Brandi says:

The costumes are simply amazing. You are so talented, Ashley. The video was the sweetest and made me teary-eyed. Oh the wonderful memories you are creating for your children.

Kelly VT says:

Wow!! What a fun post! I loved seeing the costume posts this past week and the video is ADORABLE. Can’t wait to show my 3 kiddos tomorrow morning! :)

bjahlstrom says:

That is so cute. I almost can’t handle the cuteness!

Shikha says:

Hi, I’m from India. I like your three kids and your blog. Too good…. :)

Mama2Athena says:

Hi – These are GREAT costumes – your children are beautiful and you are so talented!!! I’m amazed at all the wonderful little details you put into each one. And the pictures are AMAZING!!!

Thanks for posting all the helpful tutorials. I’m new to sewing and found your wonderful website while trying to figure out how to sew a Little Red Riding Hood costume for my very tiny 18 month old baby girl. I would have just bought a costume from the store, but every one that I liked was too big, so I decided to try sewing it. Thanks to your tutorials and tips, I not only sewed my baby’s costume, but made one for me as well (Granny Wolf).

Adina says:

Apparently the video is blocked in my country :(. Would have loved to see it! The costumes came out so amazing!!!

Chel says:

Absolutely gorgeous, Ashley….and the costumes are fabulous too :-) You are one talented lady and I am sure that when they are adults your little ones will really appreciate the time you took to make their childhood so memorable.

Kristina Noall says:

Oh my gosh, that pic of Connor pointing to the Wanted sign KILLS me.
    So precious! So wish they could play with my kids, they’d have a great time! :)

Laura says:

Such adorable children and love those costumes. Many blessings to you this holiday season. Thank you for sharing.

danielle says:

Those outfits are so adorable! You have such cute kids also! Great job on the video! I need to make more for my boys!

Maureen M. says:

Oh my gosh the humanity! Loved the video…I laughed, I teared up…they are darling and so sweet together. I know you will cherish that video for years to come. Thanks for sharing!!

Rosanna says:

video blocked in the UK. Now that’s something that definitely deserves boo and hiss!

Yuki says:

The video is blocked in my country :’( I hope you upload it on your facebook page, I SOO want to watch it. I love your kids, costumes, blog.. everything! It’s such a joy waiting for your posts and reading them. :)

Marie-Claude says:

SOOOOOO lovely! You have done a great job with those costumes! And your kids are fun to see enjoying it!
    Love reading your blog, always a pleasure:)

Laura J. says:

Just think about how much your kids are going to love that collection of videos when they’re thirty, forty, fifty. What an amazing and precious gift! Yeah, apparently I’m making one tonight too! Congrats on another set of fantastic costumes and three fantastic kiddos!

Annie says:

I am in love with this year’s theme! Your kids are beautiful and fun! Really love this post!

Beautiful children, lovely storyline, and awesome memories. Your Halloween’s are much more than running around gathering candy! WONDERFUL!

DJ says:

You are amazing! Your kids are amazing! This story was such a delight!

Christine Hershey says:

Ashley,

You are an inspiration! I look forward to seeing what you come up with next! You are truly one talented lady!

So cute! Your costumes, your kids, you! Kids grow up so fast! I love how you are taking time to enjoy them!

Joy Candrian says:

Such a fun rendition!

Evie says:

Ashley…I look at your lovely costume for so many years now that – finally- I try to make my own for once…
    and I am sooo proud!!! and my little sweetie is so happy!!!
    Thank you for inspiration!!!

Mindy says:

aw hearing the song made me miss the movie. Great job making (and preserving) these memories mama!

Kimberly says:

Way to go, Mama! Great video! Love the costumes and cuteness!

Po prostu bajka! Piękne stroje :)
    Greetings from Poland :)

Joan says:

Great costumes and great video. Every so often my daughter asks if we can watch that Little Red Riding Hood video. She loves it and so do I!

Laurel says:

I just tried to watch the video and it said it was not available in my country, I’m in California! :(

Allison says:

My almost 4 year old daughter is a princess girl. I talked her out of being Elsa and Anna, I felt every girl was going to be them for Halloween this year. I stumbled upon your website and I put together family costumes. We only have 2 kids so my husband and I are joining in the fun. I made a Mother Gothel dress for myself, your Flynn Rider vest for my husband, my daughter is Rapuzel, and my 15 month old is going to be Pascal. Your instructions were great and now I’m already thinking about what I can sew next. ;)