A few things…

The winner of the Babies R Us/Pampers $200 giveaway was posted this morning.  Was it you??

. . . . .

First of all……and in case you missed it, the “Tangled” costumes are finally finished.  And were posted last week.  Ahhhhh……..so glad (and relieved) they’re done.  Because maybe now I can make normal dinners again!  But all was worth it because these kiddos of mine can hardly wait until the Halloween! :)

Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, and Pascal.

tangled

Second of all……just like in years past, I’m totally excited to see have a little Virtual Halloween Costume Parade…….so I (and everyone else) can see what YOU all are making!   (Here are the costume parades from 2012, 20112010, and 2009.)  On the 31st, I plan on sharing your Handmade Halloween costumes here on my blog, that you and/or your kiddos are wearing this year.  And no, they don’t have to be made by you…….maybe a friend/neighbor/grandma/etc. helped you out.  Go on, share it!  Anything handmade needs a little extra love.  So, I’ll be sharing them here! :)

SO……upload your images to the YOU Made It and LOVE It Flickr account.  Then, I will grab them from that account and will share them here on Halloween.  (The deadline to get the pictures uploaded to flickr is October 30th.  Deal??)

. . . . .

And last of all………have you noticed a new little something popping up on your screen lately?

You may have noticed that my home page darkens a bit and a little note will pop up, sharing some news that I have a new “email subscription” now.  And a few lines where you can sign up.

In case you missed the above box on your screen (or didn’t know what it was and hurried and clicked away from it!!)…….you can find the form by clicking on a link on my sidebar that looks like this:

Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 10.12.02 AM

Wait.

So why am I doing this?!?!

A few months ago, I mentioned on my blog that I was a little freaked out that Feedburner was calling it quits and I began asking for ideas for a good replacement.  Great news……that time has come!!  I have found an even better replacement.  (So, good riddance stinkin’ Feedburner!) Actually, I’m pretty excited about this change because it got my brain thinking a bit and I’m going to spice things up with these emails just a bit.

If you were previously subscribed through Feedburner, be sure to re-subscribe because your old subscription will expire.

But if you’re new to this whole “subscribing” thing…..let me tell you what subscribing through email means:

• Notification that there’s a new post up on my blog.  No need to miss out on any of those, right?!! ;)
  • More interaction and maybe some polls, helping me decide between making a bed skirt ruffle and a baby bonnet.  Both may be things I’m dying to make…..but I might as well make the one that most people would like to see, first.  (You know, kinda like you’re knocking on my door and saying, “Help! Show me how to finish off this crazy hem, before I throw it out the window.”  And then, I yank you inside my home, and say, “of course!”)
  • Extra tidbits of goodness.  I’m really excited about this because sometimes I’d love to share a few things that I’ve learned or figured out…..but sometimes feel silly creating a whole post about it.  So get ready for them!
  • And how about some FREEBIES!  I can’t help but consider this one my favorite things about the changes in the emails being sent out.  And I’ll probably just throw them out randomly because one of my favorite things in life is a good surprise.  (However, I don’t really like being surprised as much as I like to do the surprising. Weird, I know.)

In fact,  the first freebie is a PDF pattern, sent right out to anyone who signs up to be on the email list.  Why not?!!  It’ll be an exclusive pattern, not found on the blog.  Just a fun little something for those who sign up. :)

Anyway, I can honestly say that I never knew how much I would end up adoring this whole blogging thing.  I had no clue about the things I’d learn, the people I’d meet, and the opportunities I’d have.  But truly, it’s because of the enthusiasm of readers like you that keeps me so excited to continue.  Some people are into book groups, others are into throwing holiday parties and some are involved in cooking groups.  However, my thing is sewing and crafting (okay, and a little bit of baking/cooking)……..and then chatting about it.  That’s where the blog comes in.  It’s like we’re having our own little craft group, right here at my house.  Hey, I can pretend, right? :)

But really, thanks for all the blog love and for sharing with me your own project accomplishments.  It always makes me smile.

So, hurry on over and add your name to my new email list.  (And soon after, you’ll receive a link to download your first freebie.)

Okay, YAY, we’ll chat soon…

Filed under Featured, Random

Comments

24 Responses to “A few things…”
    Marsha Stevens says:

Hi Ashley,

Would you send me the link for the freebie PDF. I never received it when I signed up again.

Thanks, Marsha

Hey Marsha, the email address that you used to make this comment (I can see it and no one else can)…..is this the email address that you signed up with to receive the free pattern? If so, I can send you the email with the link again….to this email address. Also, the PDF file was giving me some trouble (and it was overloaded with too many people trying at once), so for now, it sends you to a private page on my blog. But the PDF file situation is being worked on and I’ll try to find another location that won’t get angry and too many people trying to download it. Ha! That way, people can copy/paste it to their computer. But I’m still working on that. :)

Anyway, just let me know about your email address.
      Thanks,

• 1.1.1
        Brooke says:

Can you resend to me too? :) doesnt look like it came through. Thank you!!! e-mail listed is correct.

• 1.1.2
        Amy says:

can you send it to me also? i never got it either :(

• 1.1.2.1

Hey Amy, try subscribing again. (There’s a place to enter your email on my right sidebar.) There may have been some issues when you subscribed….because I notice that this email address is unsubscribed but was never re-added. Then you should get the email with the free pattern! :)

Let me know if this works for you! :)

• Amy says:

i tried to put in my info and it said i am already subscribed..i get your emails, so i’m not sure whats going on :(

Emily Bucher says:

I think this email subscription thing will be fun!
    Two questions, though…I didn’t get a PDF freebie thing, either. And is there a way that I can get the pop up to quit popping up so that I don’t have to wait for my SLOW computer to deal with it each time I visit you?
    Thanks for all the fun ideas you share with us! I love them!

Hey Emily….sorry about the pop-up. I have it set to where it should only pop up one time. However, if your browser is set to clear your cookies every time you close your browser, it won’t know that you’ve already seen it…….and will pop up again. Sorry about that. If I shut it off, then new people won’t know that it exists…..so I’m trying to give it some time for those who’d like to subscribe. However, most people probably aren’t seeing it more than the one time……because most browsers aren’t set to clear each and every time they close. I’m sorry that you are though…..uggh, that’s probably annoying! I plan on shutting it off after some time has passed…..but I just wanted to give everyone a chance.

If I come up with another solution, I will…..and will make changes. I’ve got a few other kinks I’m working on too……but overall, it’s been fun to set up!

As for the PDF, check on the comment above…..

Thanks for the feedback. Super helpful for me and others reading. :)

• 2.1.1
        Emily Bucher says:

This is why you are so cool…because you take time to help each of us with our problems! :) Yup, that’s the correct email address. Thanks!

Natalie says:

Just an FYI to anybody thinking of signing up … the confirmation that shows up on the website after you sign up is totally worth it! And Ashley, Chloe is so stinkin’ cute!!!

Erin says:

Why are you the best?? You really are. I’m not much of a sewer but just really love your blog :)

Beth says:

When I signed up for the email I was directed to a site that had directions, but no pictures. And nothing downloaded. I copied and pasted, but without pictures I know I’m going to be lost. Can you help?

Hmmmmm……that’s strange. It should be there with pictures and such. And that page is just temporary until I can find a location to place the PDF, so that everyone can actually download a file to their computer. However, you should see everything.

Would you mind re-clicking on the link and see if maybe they just didn’t load. I know they are loading for me and everyone else who is clicking over there. If is still isn’t working, let me know, and I’ll try something else for you.

Thanks Beth!

• 5.1.1
        Beth says:

Goodness gracious. Well now I can’t find the webpage at all! I tried getting around to it by signing up again, but the program outsmarted me and told me I had already signed up.

christel says:

omg Ashley, so funny that the free pattern is what it is (not ruining the surprise for everyone else). Just last night I was pinteresting looking for ideas for these exact things. I made one myself a few months ago with some scraps, and put in my first ever zipper and was really pleased with how it turned out, but I wanted something just a bit different. This is perfect.

Your blog is one of the main reasons I took up sewing again. It started with losing a ton of weight (85) and needing to alter clothes, and now my creativity has kicked in. Thank you!!!

Ha……..how ironic is that! Perfect!!!! :) (Good job still keeping it a secret! ;) Haha!)

And there’s something about sewing that really is so satisfying. Glad you got sucked back in! :)

P.S. CONGRATS on the weight loss journey! That is a great reason to be sewing again! :)

Ruth says:

I just wanted to ask if is possible to unsubscribe.
    Thanks a lot

Stephanie Morgan says:

I havent recieved an email yet :) maybe i need to wait a bit longer??

Stephanie Morgan says:

its showed up now :) thanks so much. Love reading your blog :) i taught myself to sew through accidently finding your blog a year and a half ago. absolutly love it.