Magical Easter Lollipops (an Easter tradition)

Last year for Easter, we adopted a new silly tradition that I saw online.  (It was everywhere…….you’ve probably seen it too??)  It involves planting jelly beans…….and having Lollipops sprout up the next day.

My kiddos looooooved it.  And talked about it  A L L.  Y E A R.  L O N G.

So it’s now a must-do tradition.

IMG_0639

Now……just to be clear.  We have explained to our children many times, that if they plant jelly beans any other time of the year, they won’t grow.  The magic of Easter makes those colorful beans grow.  I didn’t want to find piles of buried jelly beans in August/October/February and then have sad little faces, wondering why their jelly beans didn’t grow. Ha! ;)

We celebrate the bunny/egg/overly commercial part of Easter on Saturday.  And reserve Sunday for the reflection of Christ’s resurrection.

So, Friday evening, we’ll let the kiddos plant some jelly beans again.  They’ve reminded us for days and days and days…  (And yeah, I know these are wood chips…..but the planters are all filled with them and we’re renting, so I couldn’t dig up the grass.)

IMG_0682

Then we have them bury their beans.  And then wait.  And dream about lollipops sprouting up over night.

IMG_0688

And sprout they do.  Just like magic!

easter suckers

And this year??  Bigger spiraled lollipops.  They’ll be thrilled!  (Last year, they were blow pops.)

IMG_0669

Such a fun tradition we’ve adopted.

Have you done the same with your kids?

Tell me about it.

Do they love it as much as mine do?

Happy Easter!

IMG_0195-1

Enjoy your weekend!

-Ashley

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Featured Sponsor:

Comments

25 Responses to “Magical Easter Lollipops (an Easter tradition)”
    Tricia says:

Did you make those lollipops? I make a Christmas sugar cookie like your lollipops, only they are red & white peppermint striped. Just love the colors of your pops :) I just L O V E your site! Some people have that kind of imagination… and others, such as myself, steal it :)
    Happy Easter!
    Tricia :)

Haha…..nope, I bought them at Target! See? You’re much more imaginative in the kitchen! :)

• 1.1.1
        Emily says:

I’m impressed Target has nice lolly pops like that! I think I’ll have to head over there today. Thanks for the great idea!

• 1.1.2
        Tricia says:

Ummmm…no! I stole that cookie idea from someone else :) lol! So I am glad that many people like you, share your fabulousness!

Olivia says:

Very cute idea! I think my three kids will love it too! Just in time for Easter too! Thanks!

Thanks Ashley, I think my littlest 2 girls would love this idea! And I think that Saturday is just the day! So I guess I’ll be headed off to Target to buy lollipops today. Thanks for this great idea–and for keeping the commercial stuff on Sat!

Kim says:

What a wonderful idea – will definitely do this tomorrow!!

Lynnae says:

Love this tradition!

BTW, when did your kids get so big!? They are adorable.

Sheena says:

We have an elf on the shelf and the elf brought the, magic seeds aka tic tacs that grew into candy canes. That is a cute idea!! I may have to get my husband to grab some cute suckers on the way home from work.

Amanda says:

How adorable! I think we’ll adopt this idea too – thanks for posting in time. By the way, we’re starting the commercialized celebration on Saturdays now and saving Sunday for our Savior too. :)

Jeri says:

LOVE LOVE LOVe this idea. I wish our kids were still little enough to buy it. Happy Easter to some of our favorite people!!!
    Love
    The Grant Gang

Bethany says:

That makes sense now! Yesterday my little guy came home from school with a lolipop and told me they planted jelly beans and lolipops grew. I had never heard of that so I just said ok. Now I get it! What a fun idea. :)

Liliana says:

That looks like so much fun! It’s a pitty I only saw this today… Thanks for the idea!

Love this idea, well use it when I have some grandkids!

Tiffany says:

My neighbors usually go camping Easter weekend so they plant the jelly beans at their campsite and theirs grow into Easter baskets in the morning

Jean says:

I love this idea! Happy Resurrection Day!

Tulisa says:

Thanks for the idea, I was just thinking of going to watch jack the giant slayer in the cinema but this definitely tops that and it will give me a chance to put a huge smile on the kids faces.

Happy Easter

Lynnae says:

I know this is over a year old, but I wanted to let you know you have started a family tradition for us! We did this last year and the kids LOVED it. We did it again this year, but the Bunny made them grow a Reeses Carrot and Blow Pops. Thank you for such a wonderful idea! We’ve had great fun with it.

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. […] Jelly bean transformation! Via Make It and Love It. […]