Let’s VOTE on the next project idea!! (update: vote ended)

Thanks again for all your input and project ideas yesterday.  Many of you are wanting the same types of projects.  Perfect.

And many of the projects are ones I either really want to make……or are ones I have had plans to make.  Perfect again. :)

But, I needed to narrow down all those great suggestions, so that we can vote on the project that has the most interest.  And then from there, I’m pretty sure I’m going to select most of the others on the list below (if not all), and add them to my project priority list.  So you’ll see many of these project ideas really soon, I’m sure.

Oh, and before I show you what made the top 10 list……many of you requested re-upholstering a chair.

I didn’t add that to this list because, well, I have a chair tutorial all ready to show you.  YAY!!!!  In fact, it’s been done for over a month.  Except for the cushion.  I finished re-upholstering the chair and was so excited with how it turned out…….but then I placed it on hold until after Christmas, so that all the Christmas ideas/foods could be posted.  During all of that, we started using it without recovering the cushion (yeah, it looks funny) but then I kinda got used to the wonky cushion-less chair and there it still sits in Chloe’s nursery.  Unfinished.  Ooops!  HOWEVER, while this voting is taking place and while I’m gathering supplies and such for the winning project, I have a project or two in the works that I’ll show you guys next week while I’m working on the winner of this vote.  The re-upholstered chair included.  Deal?  (So, if that sways your “recovering ottoman” vote…..it should.  Because the process will be very similar.)

EDITED: The FABRIC DOLLS won the vote!  To be posted soon!

Anyway, onto the TOP 10 PROJECT IDEAS………here they are:

(Projects will alter a bit from what is shown below. Images are only borrowed for inspiration.)

1. Reupholster an Ottoman (but read the notes above)

image source

2. Fabric Dolls

image source

3. How to piece together intricate Quilt Patterns.  Not just normal squares……..but actually piece odd shapes together.  (If you need help with quilting basics, I already have some tutorials here, here, and here.)

image source

4. Travel Fabric High Chair

image source

5. Simple Sewing Series for Kids

image source

6. Zipper Tie

image source

7. Diaper Clutch

image source

8. Maxi Type Dress, with sleeves (but without so much cleavage ;) )

image source

9. Pencil Skirt

image source

10.Bed Skirt (we can vote on the style)

image source

Wow!  Look at all these fun things to make.  I’m not kidding…….more than one of these will be made over the next few months.  And maybe all of them.  (And probably more from yesterday’s suggestions.)  So no worries if your hopeful project isn’t chosen.  If you really wanted a simplified step-by-step……….a lot of these have really peaked my interest.  And will probably push some of my current project to the back burner.  Oh well!!

But, let’s vote.  And see what project will for SURE be completed. :)

Which project would YOU like to see completed MOST??

***And this is a new poll source for me.  So let me know if it’s quirky.

***And if you are reading this from your email, you must visit my blog to vote.

Talk to you next week! :)

-Ashley

Filed under Featured, Random

Comments

92 Responses to “Let’s VOTE on the next project idea!! (update: vote ended)”
    Amna Harb says:

I really got confused. I liked all the ideas but I had to pick one. I am so excited to learn something new. :)

Sandra :) says:

I voted – the poll worked fine for me – thank you!

Erin says:

Fabric dolls!

Netty says:

let’s go zipper tie– let’s go! :)

Dolls all the way!!!! I work with a Christmas charity that provides Christmas gifts for underprivileged kids and these would be great to make and donate. Thanks

RaeLyn says:

Only one ?! I voted for the folding high chair—soooo awesome! But I would have voted for the maxi dress next. Thank you!

Shell We says:

Even if it doesnt win, if you make a bedskirt please please share the instructions with us. Pretty please?!?!?! Thanks

Beth says:

I second this! :) It’s not as “fun” as some of the others, but I really, really want to learn this one!

I voted with no problems!! I was just searching yesterday for travel high chair tutorials… So I really, really hope that that’s the winner!!!

Kristi F says:

Love the ideas! My 2nd would be Pencil skirt. Poll work great!

Laurel says:

I got an error:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function logVar() on a non-object in /home/makeitlo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simply-poll/lib/submit.php on line 7

Shandra says:

Poll worked fine, except that I could only vote for one! Whose idea was that?!? ;) Any of those sound like fantastic ideas and I’m excited to see any and all of them!

Amy K. says:

I agree!!! =) I was really hoping for two votes!

ChrisandNicole says:

me too! ;) I voted for the travel high chair but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the simple sewing series for kids!!!! It’s just that the travel chair would be so amazing to have for my youngest & my oldest isn’t quite old enough for sewing just yet..but probably really soon! ;)

(oops, I’ve been anonymous yesterday & on my previous post…never typed my name in :P)

Mary says:

The poll worked fine for me =) voted for Maxi Dress

Jasmine Goodwin says:

I voted for the kids sewing series…but they all looked like winners! Staying tuned to see what she chooses :)

Happy Crafting!!

I looove your enthusiasm! I hope you get to do the high chair :)

Marie says:

Not fair to have multiple ones I really want to see! :)

Erin says:

I want to see them all made! :). But I voted for fabric dolls, boy version please! (Little boys should learn how to be nurturing too and boy baby dolls are soooo hard to find!)

Leigh anne says:

What a fun idea, Ashley! And I so love your enthusiasm! I just love visiting your piece of the blogosphere…..so creative & upbeat! I really pulling for the pencil skirt, but all of them are just fab :)

Kristen says:

Please let it be fabric dolls, please oh please oh please!!!

Dilla says:

I would love to see how to reupholster an ottoman.

Marisa says:

Oh I really want a pencil skirt!

Laura says:

Oh PLEASE can we have a sewing series for kids? Especially one with projects for boys??? So many simple sewing ideas involve skirts, but try getting one of my boys to wear one! ;P I have found a few ideas, but my 6 year old has been begging for sewing lessons and I know he would LOVE more great boy/gender neutral ideas.

And if the dolls win, could you make a boy version too? Nothing like a fabric GI Joe to inspire. :)

Cary says:

I’m going to second this, I voted for the sewing series for kids but boy projects would be amazing! and boy dolls would be great!!!

Maureen M. says:

Poll worked fine….cool idea. I also wanted to say, though, that you mentioned your other sewing tutorials and I have to say a BIG thank you for them. They really are awesome and I regularly recommend them to others. You are the bomb, girl…thank you for all your hard work!

ChrisandNicole says:

I have to agree!! I started sewing when my 1st was a month or so. I made a few things here & there but when I found your blog a few months back, I was immediately hooked! Yours is the only one I actually decided to subscribe to & I always check to see what new things you’ve made. The things I’ve made that I’ve seen on your blog always turn out the best because your tutorials are so easy to follow!! Thank you so much for taking the time to make projects & share them & the how tos with us!! My sewing has improved so much because of all the things I’ve learned from you. Thank you!! :)

• 22.1.1
        Donna says:

You took the words straight outta my mouth… Isn’t she lovely??????? ‘Make it and love it’ has made me WANT to do projects that I would not normally have been interested in. She’s a natural with people.

jessica says:

I would love to have access to a sewing “course” to work through with my five year old! but am thrilled to see that the maxi dress is popular too!

Lana says:

I tried to vote, but it said, “fatal error”. My vote is for the maxi dress. I love the picture of the green maxi dress and I’m with you, not so much cleavage!

Sunnie says:

That was hard! There are so man Id like to learn, I like the ottoman, pencil skirt, and fabric quilts.

Phyl says:

The poll worked for me. I’m in the minority with bed skirt. I’d like to know how to make the pleated one in articulate, or I guess the gathered one, but no ruffles for me!

Emily says:

Holy Moley! Too many good choices! So hard to narrow down to one. Great list! I’m so excited to see so many of these projects coming up soon! :)

Travel Fabric High Chair – Please – I tried to vote but it did not work for me.

Jo-Lynn says:

I was able to vote with no problem. I love these ideas and agree with all the other comments that choosing only one was a big bummer! I love your blog and can’t wait to see what you do. Great Job!

Lisa says:

Zipper tie please. In all sizes so I can make for my 7 down to my 2 year old guys.

I got the same fatal error as post #10 above. Iwanted to vote for the kids’ sewing series!

Juliana Rocha (Brazil) says:

I voted for the Travel Fabric High Chair! I really hope you teach us how to make it! –> I’m anxious for the result!
    (Bed skirt is my second choice =D)

Moranguinha says:

Voted! I hope fabric dolls win! Hihihi I’m excited by this oportunity to vote in your magical works!

Jo Ann Williams says:

revamping my website right now, so I didn’t include it, but I voted from your site for the Zipper Tie and my vote didn’t go. I got an error. Well, just tried to vote for the second time so I could write the error, and it accepted it!!

Nicole says:

Can you show us how to do all of them throughout the year? Yeah, I am greedy that way. :). I voted maxi dress. There are a zillion tutorials out there but I know yours would be more polished and wearable than just an enormous piece of draped fabric. :)

Siboney Norton says:

I’ve been looking for ideas to teach my little kiddos to sew so that’s what i voted for! I just don’t know where to start…all the others are great too, so I will be happy either way! Thanks for being so giving with your talent!

Rihab says:

Fabric dolls
    Thanks

Patti Wells says:

They are all great ideas. It was really hard to vote for just one, I like several of them. Anyway, the voting worked just fine for me.

Karen C says:

Voted! I think dolls of different nations would be great fun instead of the usual play dolls. or one with additional angel wings also.

Jenn says:

Okay, I feel really silly, but what on Earth is a zipper tie? I’m going to have to go look it up before I vote…LOL!! But re-upholster a chair would have been my first choice, so I’m WAAAAY excited to see your tutorial on that one coming up!! Actually, mine is a sofa, but I’m hoping the process will be similar…right now I have nasty “slip covers” on them that are supposed to look classy but look…well, downright trashy. They have ties and are supposed to be a “one size fits all” model so that you can be sure it will fit your sofa. Unfortunately, it’s a case of “one size fits NONE.” The seams are all in the wrong places, and the whole thing just looks all wonky.

Anyway, I will be holding my breath for the chair tutorial, because gosh…it can’t be that much more complicated to do a sofa, right? Hehee!!

In the meantime, I’m off to look up “zipper tie.”

THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO!

Juanita Mullins says:

This was not an easy decision! but I have been wanting to learn how to make fabric dolls so that is my choice. Also want to make the chair seat belt. I am a grandmother-type and would love to make these things for nieces and nephews. Some have requested boy dolls. I would think it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to do both, right? For myself, the bed skirt and reupholstering would be fantastic. I guess you can tell that I am anxious to make any of it. My least favorite are the dress and skirt. I do need them and have made many outfits for myself, when I was slim. I don’t even wear dresses or skirts since I gained so much weight. That aside, I love this and am anxious to begin!!

Dolls! But I like the little pink one way better than the tall ones. I’ve been looking for a tutorial on these for a while, but haven’t been able to find one that doesn’t have a flat or oddly shaped head.

Silvia says:

Couldn’t vote on my iPhone. Dolls for me. Cheers.

Sabrina says:

I liked too many of them. :)

Jean says:

I chose the sewing series for kids… I love the idea of teaching my daughter to sew but don’t even know where to begin. I am soooo not interested in the pencil skirt (it’s winning at the moment). My other faves are the ottoman, fabric dolls and bed skirt. Thanks for asking! : )

Angie says:

The zipper tie would be awesome! I’ve been trying to come up with a way to make that, but with no luck. :(

Lottenpip says:

Voting won’t work for me!
    I get this message:

Donna says:

To Lottenpip: Visit the page to vote without any stress. I got that same message when I tried voting directly from my email.

Adina says:

I really need a diaper clutch. Please make that!

Donna says:

EVERYTHING……………………….. E V E R Y T H I N G . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . But I had to choose ONE. Kid’s series for NOW!
    PS: I voted with no probelems at all.

Amy L says:

I keep getting fatal errors when I try. I would love to try the fabric dolls and make a bunch with my daughter between now and next Christmas. These would be great to hand out at local children’s homes at Christmas. :-)

Elizabeth says:

The ottoman as I also could not get the voting to work.

Katelyn says:

my vote is for the maxi dress… I would love to make something like that but can’t figure out how to. ;) thanks!

Heather says:

highchair!

susie says:

I believe if you do some easy projects for children. That it might work also for the ones. just starting out. Might even get teens into it. Maybe like a sock puppet. Teach a child to sew you give a gift for life. And you are a good teacher.

Ellie says:

Worked fine for me too…dolls, dolls dolls!!

Wouldn’t let me “Vote” got an error, but I say easy dolls or zipper ties! Something for my boy and my girl! :)

Annely says:

Voted for maxi dress! I love maxi dresses, would be great to learn how to make one myself! Hope that one wins!!!

jan bostrom says:

if there are no copyright issues, I’d suggest tacking on ‘making an Ikea Poang’ cover to the reupholstery piece!.
    All of them sound fun- too hard to decide.

Andrea Hunter says:

I voted for the Maxi dress, but I am also in love with the fabric high chair and the bed skirt. I LOVE your blog!!

Susan says:

Travel high chair, new grandbaby on the way! This would be perfect!

Jeannette says:

I have never seen the travel high chair before! Love that :-)

Gigi says:

Love all the options, but dolls would be my first choice, maxi dress second. Can’t wait to see the ottoman/chair tutorial

Rachel says:

Ok, I know a lot of people didn’t vote for the zipper tie, but PLEASE consider eventually doing a tutorial on this!!!!! You might just save my marriage :) My husband will only wear zipper ties — he’s like a little boy — and I can never find good ones at the store. PLEASE save me from my zipper-tie distaste!

Fabric dolls all the way!

Anna says:

Come on, people! Those fabric dolls are adorable, but there are so many crafts for little girls! It’s so hard to find things that I can make for my two little boys. :(

Lise says:

I think you should do all of them… One with the most votes first, and ending with the one with the least. We all want them ALL! Please!! Xx

Cindy says:

I voted for the travel high chair. However if I could vote more than once I would so love to learn how to make the zip ties! And the bed skirt. So much to choose from.

Jacinta Hansen says:

I voted ‘reupholster ottoman’, I would love to learn how to do this and you always provide such easy, step by step instruction. Here in Australia, ottomans are quite expensive so if I could reupholster a cheap second hand one with modern fabric, it could change my whole house!!

Thanks for your blog, it’s an exciting part to my week!

Sami Veloso says:

I voted for the long dress, but I also like the Pencil skirt.

Tenney says:

I was happy to see this because I was actually going to email you a request. My SIL works at a famous hotel, and can buy used things. Recently she got (and we can get more) a bunch of coverlets for $10 each. Now orange and gold is not exactly what I’d pick, but at that price… We already used 1 1/3 to cover 8 dining chairs, and I’m contemplating making a bedspread, and drapes in my bedroom, plus an extra drape to cover my closet. So I figured I’d adapt your bedskirt project.

Christina says:

Not sure if its my safari app but I got an error message when I tried to vote :( Anyways, I would love to see those fabric dolls. They are so cute :)

Jentri King says:

I am SO voting for the zipper tie, the maxi dress, the pencil skirt, and the bed skirt because I need all of those.

Gail says:

I love just love your doll. I made three, one girl, and two boys. Thanks for the great pictures, and the wonderful instructions. It was pretty easy to make.

Thanks again