simple and speedy ‘Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries’

Any cheesecake fans?  You’re gonna love this.

Any cheesecake haters?  Well……you’re gonna love this too! ;)

Take a look at this really quick cheesecake-like dessert…  Its mini. It’s rich.  And it satisfies that cheesecake craving.  However, it’s not heavy and the texture is different from regular ol’ cheesecake.

And, you’ll probably want more than just one.  Sorry about that… ;)

I pinned a similar recipe a while ago (from Anna and Blue Paperie) but made a few modifications to the recipe.  I need a little more sweet.  And a few more toppings.

Once you bite in, you’ll see.

Because a juicy berry stuffed with that sweet cheesecake fluff……..is magic!  And then drizzle/sprinkle on some chocolate or graham crackers?  Pretty much perfect.

Such an easy crowd pleaser.  And hooray…….no baking!

But even if you don’t have somewhere to go, it’s okay if you make a plate entirely for yourself.  I did! :)

Is your tummy telling you to MAKE SOME NOW?!!!

Yeah, I know.  Mine does that too!

This is simple.  Really, really simple.  All you need is some fresh strawberries, an 8 oz package of cream cheese, a 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, and 1 tsp of vanilla.  That’s it!  Oh wait, if you want some topping, you’ll need some chocolate chips or some graham crackers.  But you decide.

**Tip:  I wouldn’t make these too far in advance.  I would say 2-4 hours ahead of time.  Otherwise, strawberries seem to sweat and get a little soggy after they’ve been cut and messed with.  But it’s up to you.

First, rinse off those strawberries.

Then cut off the stem.  And then hollow out a little more of the center.  You know, so more of your cheesecake fluff can fit in there.

Then cut off enough of the strawberry tip so that your strawberry can stand.  (And then feed all the little tips to your 5 year old who wants to help. ;) )

But don’t just stop at one strawberry.  Fill a whole pan of them.

Then, in a mixer, beat together your cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until it’s nice and fluffy.  Then fill a pastry bag full of the fluff and pipe it into each strawberry.

You can be done right here.  Or you can add some goodness to the top.

If you want chocolate, add some chocolate chips to a micro-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stir, and then repeat until it’s nice and smooth.  (And how many chocolate chips you need depends on how much chocolate you want to use on your strawberries.  I melted about 1/2 of a cup of chocolate chips and drizzled about 20 strawberries with it.)  Then scoop your melted chocolate into the corner of a plastic baggy.  Cut off a teeny tiny bit of the corner.  Enough to squeeze out a small line of chocolate.

And then drizzle on top of your strawberries.

The graham crackers were just smashed in a bag and then sprinkled on top.  Nothing fancy or tricky about that.

Then place in the fridge to chill thoroughly (which is important) and then serve.  Yum.

I’d invite you over to my house to sample some…….but they’re all gone.

Enjoy!

-Ashley

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Featured Sponsor:

Filed under Desserts, Featured, gluten free, Recipes

Comments

49 Responses to “simple and speedy ‘Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries’”
    Esther says:

This looks yummy!! I’ll have to try it sometime.

Sharlyn says:

I’m glad I was able to try one last night…they were good! :)

Melanie says:

Yes I had one too and it was so good I had to have another…..ok so I had 3 maybe 4 tops. You can’t just eat one!!! They were so yummy……

Kristin says:

What a fun idea for a baby or wedding shower! Cute and sounds yummy!

Wow.Thats my kind o’ treat!! Now I know what is first on my list of to-make list! Thanks!

Allison says:

These look Soo yummy!

Mandy says:

WOW. DANGEROUS. Can’t wait to try them.

Runt says:

Those look delicious! I think I am going to make some this weekend – thanks! =]

Annie Dayton says:

Not only yummy looking but very pretty. Something to try if I want to impress people. But is there someway to get around cutting the bottoms off to make them stand?

Eunice Artis says:

I am going t make these..can’t wait…I am going to try ice cube trays to sit them in and hope that I won’t have to cut the bottems..hope it works

• 8.1.1
        Norm says:

I used all those old egg cartons that’s been laying around. I just choose Strawberries that fit perfectly in the carton’s and then I close the lid and no one knows there there until I tell them it’s time to eat them.

I saw one version where they cut off green and then cut an x on the other end and filled that way.

maggie says:

You can try making them on the Vernal Equinox so they stand on their tips like eggs.

Chriss Martorelli says:

I am planning on making these for a 4th of July get together. This may sound wacky but I am going to serve them in an empty egg carton, maybe two. It dawned on me that I could sprinkle gram cracker crumbs in the bottom of each egg cup and then I could stand the strawberries up and not cut the ends. If crumbs stick to the berries, all the better. I think the family will get a kick out of my “serving tray” with automatic lid. A plus; no dish to bring home!
      Haven’t done this yet. Wish me luck for tomorrow.

Sorry Norm, you already pretty much had the idea. I didn’t read your reply first.

Teri says:

Oh man! These look good! Too bad I can’t have dairy! I’ve had to cut it out while I’m nursing my daughter! But the day she’s weaned, these are getting made!

Vanessa says:

So I got invited to a friend’s 30th birthday party but they said I didn’t need to bring anything but I still wanted to so I made these. Perfect! They were a big hit and I probably should have made a double batch! Thanks!

dolly says:

Do you think they’ll work with Splenda instead of powdered sugar?? My husband is diabetic and would love these.

Rachel says:

Wow. Just wow. I think you are my new best friend!! LOL These look so yummy!!! I cannot wait to give them a try for sure!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Mama Saree says:

I’ve actually been making these for a long time! Only I filled them with the pre-made cheesecake filling (Philadelphia brand) and then dipped the strawberries in chocolate. Yum! Love them and they are always a hit!

KRISHNA says:

Thanks for sharing such a nice recipe, i will try it today itself and will post more comments abot the recipe very soon

Tina M. says:

Wow! Made them last night and they where a hit!
    When I make them again I would used whipped creamcheese instead of the bar of it.(the bar of cream cheese made it kinda melty)

Thanks for another great tutorial Ashley!

Brittani says:

I found these the night before my baby shower this weekend and I’m so glad I did! They were absolutely delicious, and so darn easy!! I wound up with a whole lot more filling than berries so we put it on Nilla wafers … I’m sure you could come up with a million things to layer with this stuff. :D

My hubby LOVES cheesecake, and I’m not much of a fan… But these were a fabulous bridge for both of us! I doubled the recipe and used 1T of vanilla instead of 2t, and it was extra rich and fabulous. I also used the reduced fat cream cheese, and they turned out amazing. I might try using a mellon baller to clean out my strawberries next time though. :) Thanks for sharing these treats!!

Angela says:

Oh THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I made these for an event last night and they were a RAGING SUCCESS! Fabulous recipe that will become a staple! Thank you thank you thank you!

heidi says:

What a great small dessert. You know, how dessert shots are really big these days? This seems like a fun variation on that. When I make these, graham crackers won’t be optional. Neither will that chocolate.

My cheesecake is taking a really long time to get fluffy. Any suggestions?

Make sure you’re not using fat free cream cheese. It needs the fat to get thick.

Brandy says:

Mine never got “fluffy” per se. It got more like frosting..I had to add a LOT more powdered sugar. It was raining the day I made it. I know that matters in baking, rising and such but Im not sure if it applies here. Hope yours turned out.

Janice S. says:

These look wonderful! I love the addition of chocolate and graham cracker crumbs. Going to be trying this asap.

Makenzie says:

These strawberrys look awesome

These are absolutely amazing! A simple way to drizzle the chocolate-Use VELATA Chocolate! Our chocolate comes in 4 amazing flavors: Milk Chocolate, Caramel Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate and White Chocolate. Simply melt in the microwave in the bag, open the pour spout and you have an amazing silky smooth chocolate that can be used for anything you can imagine. No more scorching or worrying about ‘burnt’ chocolate!

im making these for 4 th of july party and putting a bluberry on top of each for the red white blue theme!

azak says:

how many does this recipe make?

Brandy says:

I made these for Mother’s Day yesterday and they were a HUGE hit. 16oz of cream chease, (so a double batch) made 2 lbs of strawberries. I have a pic of mine to share but not sure how to do it on this site.

ALSO, big tips, I played around trying to figure out the easiest way to work with the strawberries and chocolate… I found if you cut them, top and bottom, scoop them, fill with cheesecake then dip in chocolate its easier. Dont try to dip in chocolate first then fill once its set up.
    If you melt your chocolate, then pour some on a plate and rub the bottoms of your strawberries around its much easier than trying to dip them in a bowl of chocolate and dropping them in.
    Hope this helps.