Happy Halloween….it’s Virtual Costume Parade (2012) time!!

Okay, come on, how in the world was I supposed to choose ‘only a few’ of your costumes to share today?!!  Holy smokes…….you have all blown me away.  I kept saying, “oooh, I need to share this one, and oh yes, this one too…..and haha, I HAVE to share this one!“  By the time I had looked through them all, I had narrowed down my selection to 127 pictures.  Dang.  So I had to narrow again.  Bummer.  I don’t have enough hours to save/upload/organize/share them all today.  So, you’ll have to check out every single Halloween costume photo (made by YOU) over at my flickr group.  Hurry, you’ll just smile and smile…..and then laugh.  And then stare in amazement.  They’re THAT good. :)

But here is a nice little sampling of you busy little sewists (or someone you know, who made it for you), making the most beautiful and clever costumes.  I could just squeeze you all.  I think it’s FANTASTIC that so many are having an absolute ball creating costumes for their children/themselves/friends.  It’s kind of exhilarating, right?  And how many of you surprised yourselves when something actually turned out?  Pretty cool feeling, huh?  Careful though……it’s like a drug.  You may find yourself wanting to make every little thing you or your family may need. ;)  (My husband teases me about this all the time.  And sometimes says, “you know, I’m okay with you just buying that!” Ha!)

And who goes first?  Anything ‘Little Red Riding Hood’ related.  Because, well, I’m kinda partial to that theme this year. ;)  And ahhhh, you guys had so many great Red Riding Hood ideas!!  (Did I forget anyone?  If so, let me know.)

Wow.  Maybe we should have a party and let all the ‘Little Red’s’ have a little party together.  However, I’m afraid all those mean ol’ wolves will scratch each other up a bit. ;)

Anyway, moving on to so many more ideas.  Once again, I’m inspired.  And have slurped up many new ideas from you all.  (And others have too, I’m sure.)  So, thanks!

Now, let’s pretend that these little beauties are all parading by you…..in front of your house, or something.  I totally won’t tell if you ‘ooooh’ and ‘ahhhhh’ and maybe clap for your favorites.  Because I had a few similar moments as well.  Ha! :)

And just so you know, I kept making comments as I added pictures and would then delete it.  Because you’ll never get through them all if I keep doing that.  But if you’re anything like me, you have at least 100 things to say about each photo.  Ack, they kill me!!!!!

So let’s get on with it already.  Ahhhhh, so fun!!

Did you just die?  Ha.  :)

Remember there’s lots and lots more over at my Flickr group.  Go check them out and I promise, you’ll continue to laugh and smile and ooh and ahh.

Great work to everyone.  And thank you again for sharing.  I can’t think of anything more fun for children (and adults alike), than to dress up and act out their very favorite fairy tale or conquer imaginary worlds as their favorite super-hero would.  The thought that went into all of these costumes is incredible.  All for a day that celebrates imagination; Halloween.

Happy Halloween everyone!  And indulge in all of that guilt-free candy today.  That’s what I’m doing anyway! :)

-Ashley

Filed under Featured, Halloween Costumes, Holiday, Sewing

Comments

48 Responses to “Happy Halloween….it’s Virtual Costume Parade (2012) time!!”

everyone is so creative! love it!

Gabi Barrick says:

Yay! I feel like I won an award for making your post! I actually used 3 of your tutorials to put together the costumes ~ thanks for choosing my little Neverland Crew!

Tamisha says:

I love the purple little mermaid! And the Almond Joy/Mounds couple! And the Scooby-Doo family! Ok, I love them all! :)

Zoe says:

Ha! These are incredible. Wow, people!

Audrey says:

Oh my word those costumes are all AMAZING!! Everyone did such a wonderful job! I am so jealous of those sewing skills :)

jo says:

I love that you do this – thanks so much. There are some wonderful costumes!

Emilee says:

Everyone is so creative. My absolute favorite is the Where the Wild Things Are costume. It makes me want to have a boy just so I can have a little Max to go with my two wild things.

Crystal says:

Wow! What and awesome parade, everyone is so creative! I was so excited to see my little mermaid and pirate made the post!

Allison says:

Wow, what a great parade!

Happy my little Red, Wolfie, and Woodcutter made the list!

Jess says:

Love them all! Thanks for including my daughter as Rainbow Dash!

nelda says:

they are lovely! Happy Halloween!

Andrea says:

So many amazing costumes, so many people go to so much effort. I live in Australia and in the area that I live in, Halloween is not particularly big, in fact we had exactly no-one knock on our door for trick or treating last night. The question I have though, is it seems that everyone is fairly into it over there, does a representative from each family have to stay home so that there’s someone to answer the door, or are there enough pele that don’t go out on the streets to collect lollies from? :)

Kristina Noall says:

I kept wanting to hit a “Like” button!

Jessica says:

I can’t believe how amazing they all were! No wonder it took so much effort to narrow your choices down. . . I wouldn’t have been able to! :) Have a Happy Halloween!

Rachael says:

Thanks so much for including our little plex, toodee and foofa from Yo Gabba Gabba :) I love seeing all the creative costumes everyone made. They are amazing!

christina says:

wow, thanks for sharing the pics of my kiddos with everyone! i am so amazed by all of them. there are some pretty great sew-ers out there! happy halloween!

Julie says:

OH MY GOODNESS, HOW CREATIVE! I must say my FAVORITE was the Scooby Doo family! I literally laughed at loud when I say their pic, because not only did it bring back memories of the original cartoon but everyone’s costume was dead on (and the pose too)! Just LOVED the Fred, Daphne, Velma, Scooby and Shaggy costumes! My husband and I both got a kick out of it! :-D

Julie says:

OH MY GOODNESS, HOW CREATIVE! I must say my FAVORITE was the Scooby Doo family! I literally laughed at loud when I saw their pic, because not only did it bring back memories of the original cartoon but everyone’s costume was dead on (and the pose too)! Just LOVED the Fred, Daphne, Velma, Scooby and Shaggy costumes! My husband and I both got a kick out of it! :-D

Lindsey says:

Oh my gosh….just…wow! There are some serious sewing talents out there! I couldn’t even pick a favorite! though I do love those Dr. Seuss costumes…and the Instagram app….oh my. LOVE.

and, I’m so flattered you chose my son to be in the virtual parade this year! (he’s the nerd with the books, haha)

Lindsey says:

meant to say that I used your little boy suspenders and bow tie tutorial for his costume. Thanks for the time you put into all those wonderful tutorials- really made it simple for me!

Heidi says:

Thanks for including my husband and I (Almond Joy/Mounds) AND my kids (pirates)!!!! Like someone else said, I feel like I won an award!!!! I’m definitely going to be facebooking a link over here right now!!! :) Your blog has helped me rediscover sewing over the last year and I SOOOO appreciate all that you do!! THANKS! :)

Crystal says:

Thanks for putting us in – twice too – Peterpan crew, I had to finish putting all the accessories on, so glad you got the updated one!

My favorite is probably the Aladdin family! Fun that everyone had a character. I love family themes!

Valerie says:

So Fun!
    I feel so special that me and my little Sam made the parade! I had so much fun sewing for Halloween this year! It looks like everyone else did too! :)

Victoria says:

Thanks the parade! So cute! It made my day :)

Tracy says:

Oh my gosh, thanks so much for including my little prince charming! I certainly could not have pulled it off without you!

Jenny says:

What great costumes!!! Thanks for sharing ~ I really enjoyed viewing :)

birdy boots says:

It was so much fun looking through these!
    My favorite was the Lorax, I think!
    I cheated this year and my girls got store-bought costumes :(

Leah says:

Wow, I feel so flattered that you included our family costumes! I was checking your blog all day yesterday crossing my fingers that we would make it (what an honor to be on your blog!) and low and behold… we were the first pictures on there! Thanks so much for including our little red riding hood and wolf. And thanks even more for the wonderful tutorial, couldn’t have made them without you! Everyone did a wonderful job, what fun costumes!!

Sandye says:

Oh my goodness those were all so adorable and funny! I am totally going to have to steal Heidi’s idea and make those Mounds and Almond Joy costumes for hubs and I next year! I couldn’t stop laughing at that one! Wonderful costumes all around!!! :)

Annie says:

So happy to see my little Alice here along with other great costumes!
    Thank you so much!

jennie says:

oh I was getting so nervous, but was so excited we made the cut!! ha ha thanks for sharing! so many great ideas!!

These are all so amazing! Scooby Doo, Aladdin, the Queen of Hearts….oh my gosh, they are all sooooo good! People are so creative. I need to amp it up for next year!

Mia says:

Oh my goodness, these are too adorable! My little girl was a butterfly! :)

Mia, Denver Car Accident Lawyer

Jen says:

These were fantastic! Just found your website – now a super huge fan. Wish I knew of this before to add our family photo. This year our 18 mo girl was sushi (shrimp), I am pregnant so her little brother was a little sushi on my belly and Daddy was soy sauce. So glad to see all the creativity.

Emily says:

LOVE all these!! Thanks so much for featuring my little “Wild Thing.” My full costume run down is here: http://kneedeepinthebabypool.blogspot.com/2012/11/halloween-2012-costume-rundown.html

Thanks again. Just love every single one of your posts. :)
    Emily

miranda says:

So excited that our Mystery Inc. made the cut!! I don’t think that we usually have our costumes finished and photographed before the deadline:) Love your blog!!

Adina says:

So cute!
    I don’t celebrate Halloween, but I sure loved seeing all those costumes! I think I like mickey and minnie mouse best. so cute! I’d like to make that for my daughter and son for Purim. (Thats what we celebrate at the end of November).
    Great job everyone!

bummed not to see my strawberry shortcake and friends that my three girls dressed up as. glad i hurried to get my pics loaded in time

maybe with better ideas we’ll try again next year

joslyn says:

Yay! So exciting that our little Aladdin family made it on your post! All the costumes are amazing! I love your blog and all your tutorials; I’ve used several of them and you break it down to make everything easy for a beginner like me! :)

amy c says:

Great compilation!! Thanks for choosing my sweet little owls! I can’t believe all the creativity. Wow!!

Love the Shirley Temple and Mickey & Minnie costumes! How cute :)

Lynice Power says:

How cute.. some amazing costumes great ideas.Just wonderful

Peter says:

These are some great ideas for Halloween costumes – thanks for sharing.

I thought I’d mention to you and your readers that there’s a creative costume contest over at http://www.halloweenhero.com/costume-contest-2013.html and the grand prize is $250. Thought there might be some folks here who might like to enter!

Thanks again for the awesome ideas.

Best,