Fabric Mail Organizer (wall mounted)

First of all, GOOD DEAL ALERT: I found some really cute fabric on sale for $4.75 a yard (Riley Blake Designs).  Yeah, fabric NEVER sells that cheap.  But you have to hurry because once it’s gone, it’s gone…….so hurry over here if you want a few yards too.

. . . . .

You know how I sometimes create Projects for Bernina’s site, “We All Sew“?

Here’s a few from the past to jog your memory:

bernina projects

(Monster Pillow, Pacifier Pocket, Ruffled Scarf, Autumn Hanger, Owl Pillow, Scrap-Pieced Belt)

Well, I have contributed another one to their site.

And it was created out of necessity.  Because my mail tends to sit on the counter/desk and then starts mixing with other things as the days go on and then get tucked under notebooks or coloring pages or receipts.  When I try and find something, ugggh, I have to search for a while to find it.  Does anyone have this same problem?  (If not, I need an intervention. Ha.)

So I made a Mail Organizer.  But I don’t need anything else to clutter up my counter or workspace, so I made one that hangs on the wall.  Nice and neat and out of the way.

The pocket on the front folds expands, giving plenty of room for all those envelopes.

And has a little separator down the middle, keeping the “in” and “out” pockets separate.

It works great for all the mail that comes in every day.

And to make the organizer sturdy, it’s mounted on a wooden canvas frame.  No worries about sagging.

And the lettering?  I cranked that out in minutes while using a Bernina 580E sewing machine, with the embroidery function.  Simple.  (Can I shriek for one minute and tell you how cool this machine is?  It runs like a dream and pumps out embroidery like no ones business.  And then switches back to regular sewing in a snap.  Wow.)

This little Mail Organizer sure helps with my clutter problem……….and adds a little beauty to my space.

Would you like to make your own?

Click here.

And enjoy.

Filed under Featured, Gift Ideas, Home Decor, Miscellaneous, Sewing

Comments

17 Responses to “Fabric Mail Organizer (wall mounted)”
    Leigh Ann says:

These are all fantastic projects! I envy your ability to make up new, creative projects. All I can do is copy!

Kate says:

Ashley, I just want to say how much I love your site. Mid-post when you ask, “Would you like to make your own?” I find myself fairly bursting with excitement. YES! YES I would like to make my own!!! Thanks for the constant inspiration!

Reg says:

I saw this on Bernina’s website the other day. I got so excited when I saw you were lucky and crafty enough to have Bernina pick another one of your great ideas. I feel like I know someone famous when I see your stuff on their website. Haha. I’m so privileged to be one of your many followers. Congrats on another entry. Your pictures were much better than what Bernina first showed, so much better that I think I have to make one. My pockets might have to be deeper though, more bills UGH! BTW – I ordered one of those Downey quilts…..you did a great directing us to all the links…..everything was so well explained. I’m sure Downey will benefit from you plugging their help for sick children. Thanks so much for the information.

MaryAnn says:

You are my salvation! I’ve been trying to figure out how to make something like this for my classroom for next year. I teach math and will be teaching two different subjects. I want to have one set of pockets for each subject. At the beginning of class, students will pick up a slip from the pocket that says “Check In”. They will complete the warm-up printed on the slip during the first three minutes of class. During the last three minutes of class I will post a question for them to answer on the back of the slip. They will place it in the “Check-Out” pocket as they leave. Your pockets were exactly what I wanted to make, only now I don’t have to create my own pattern. Thanks so much!

Awesome! Thats soooo cute! That is so going to be an addition to our home! You know, it could also be used in your sewing room for notions or something you want to get out of your way but you still need on hand.

Kate says:

Inspiring as usual and glad to know I’m not alone in the loosing of mail in the mix of coloring books or life in general. Since I’m not in possession of an embroidery machine – what paint do you suggest for stenciling? I’ve used different types with different results and would love to know your opinion.

Gina says:

Hi! I found via stumbleupon today. Love all the tutorials on your blog and looking forward to exploring more. Thanks!