Party Thank You’s (filled with candy)

I have been such a crazy busy person lately.  And whew, not even from planning a little meet-up this weekend in Denver.  (By the way, are you coming?  Hurry and purchase your $1 ticket so I know how many are coming!  Can’t wait to meet you!)  But the biggest reason for mentioned craziness?  We may be moving.  REALLY soon.  It was unexpected and we’re not totally sure……..but it caused a little extra craziness around here.  (But a good crazy because we’re totally excited!)  You know how we seem to move every 7 seconds?  Well, just add it to the list.  Whew.  (more details on that another day.  when it’s more official.)

However, there’s no stopping this little meet-up.  Because this will be more like a little retreat in the middle of the craziness going on. Hooray.  (And those who have donated items to be given away at the meet-up, THANK YOU.  I just got 2 more donation boxes today.  Everything is so fun/gorgeous/perfect.)

So, to get ready………I have been sewing up quick little Thank You notes for all those who come.  Filled with candy, of course.

A party isn’t a party without sweets.  Or thank you’s.  (It’s in a rule book somewhere. I’m sure of it.)

What a simple way to tell your guests thanks for coming though, right?

These are made with 2 brown paper circles, a quick stamped message on the top circle (stamp purchased here), and stuffed with some of my favorite candies.  (Oh, you’ve never tried caramel apple filled Werther’s?  You haven’t lived a full life yet then!)  To get inside, just rip them right open.

For color, change up your ink pad or your thread colors.

And then make lots.  Because they are seriously fast.

And delicious.

**Please resist the urge to eat every other candy that you are supposed to be putting into the paper pouch.  It’ll make you feel ill.  Trust me. ;)

Need a quick HOW TO?

All you need is some brown paper (I found this by the envelopes, mailing supplies), some colored thread, and a stamp/stamp pad.

Oh, and your favorite candies.

Begin by cutting some circles out of the brown paper.  (My circles are about 5 inches in diameter.)  You can trace and cut out your circles by hand……….but since I had a big amount to make, I cut them out with my Accuquilt Go Cutter.  It spit out all my circles quickly.  And perfectly.

Then I stamped on half of the circles.  (I customized my stamp design and purchased it here.  Brenda was really nice and super fast.  Great shop.)

Then I placed one stamped circle together with a blank circle and sewed them together, about 3/4 of the way around the circle (using a 1/4 inch seam allowance).  Then, without even lifting the needle out of the paper, I opened it up and shoved it full of candy.  Then I adjusted the edges of both circles so that they would close around all the candy, and sewed bit by bit until the circle was closed off.  (Be sure and back-stitch after you  make it all the way around the circle, so that your stitches don’t unravel.)

A great way to enclose a little handful of your favorite candies.

Now, plan a party to use these for!

And for those of you coming to the meet-up in Denver (well, technically Aurora)………..

Filed under Featured, Gift Ideas, Miscellaneous, Sewing

Comments

55 Responses to “Party Thank You’s (filled with candy)”

These are seriously cute and SO ‘do-able!’

brittany says:

cute! I really like this idea! And wow moving again!? Where too and why?

Katie says:

Great idea! Love these! I especially love how simple they are. :)

Kris says:

What kind of needle did you use for this?

Kirsten says:

This is seriously the best idea I’ve seen all day. Why didn’t you think of this before I got married last year?? ;)

Rachelle says:

Ashley, I have been reading your blog for a long time, and I don’t know if I’ve ever left a comment. I’m so sorry I didn’t tell you sooner how awesome you are. Thank you for all you do to take the mystery and fear out of sewing for so many people. You are a blessing!

Patti says:

Love the idea, and love the link-up for the stamps!

lori says:

Super cute!

Alison says:

I used one of your cool ideas today, patching my son’s jeans with a union jack patch. So, so cool! He loves it! I’ve had that stored in my brain from a while back and finally got around to doing some patching today. Thanks for an awesome idea!

Resmi says:

Hi Ashley,

I have been reading your blog from quite some time now but have commented only very few times. But I must say that you are a real inspiration for original ideas. Love your works! :-)

Resmi

Caren says:

I soooooo wish I lived anywhere NEAR Denver!!! Or near Colorado, even! Get good pictures (I know you will), and have a super smashing good time for me, little ol’ me, sitting alone (with my husband and three kids) *sniff sniff* on Saturday, waaaaaaaayyyy over here in Ohio, without you all. (What? You mean you’re not coming to my pity party?!!! What kind of friend ARE you?!!!)
    Just kidding. But for real – I wish I could be there. Sounds like you all will have a great time!

Chelsea says:

Oh my gooosh! I’m throwing a party just so I can make these and give them to people because they’re the cutest things I’ve ever seen. I’m so jealous of everyone who gets to go to your meet up! I hope you all have an amazing time!

Angela says:

I really wish I could be there. Have lots of fun Saturday!

anilegra says:

muy original!!!

Irina says:

I made those for my girl’s recent birthday, as she wanted only pink and white sweets inside. I cut around the circle with a patterned edge kids craft scissors and it looked really sweet…I love your posts and your photos!

Raphaele says:

Yes! This is a brilliant idea, I wonder how you come up with all this brilliant stuff. Can I borrow your brain for a day or two?? :) Anyway, I have just pinned this awesome post.

amy says:

wow! what a FANTASTIC idea! i always forget about sewing paper…this project is perfect for a little shower i’m throwing for my sister at the end of this month. and there’s so much awesome Easter candy to be had nowadays…THANK you for the great idea and great posts! (i’m a newbie here and excited to keep following you!)

Melany says:

love this! would be so cute for valentines or stocking stuffers, too!

Cute! Can’t wait to get one on Saturday, ‘cuz I’ll be there!

Sarah Bailey says:

These are cute, can I pin the post?

Jill says:

Ashley, super duper cute! Great idea! Thanks for sharing! Smiles, Jill

amanda says:

How fun would it be to put smelly bath salts in them and make sachet favors! Cute idea, ashley!

Debbie says:

Love this idea for a birthday party! So creative and simple! Thanks!

Victoria says:

This is soo cute! Creative and crafty people like you make my day :)

I would definitely come again after this sort of gift! It’s amazing.

Daly says:

I would even consider making another stamp that would have the contact details and similar info so that it sticks.

claudia says:

I also have the go baby accuquilt. My question to you is – does it dull the dies to use paper on them. Or what. I have offen wonder this. I have a few dies…..but didn’t want to kill the ablity to use it on fabric. Just asking, have you tried the circle die on fabric after the paper???

Mieko says:

How adorable! I definitely want to try this project. I just pinned this onto my Pinterest. Thank you for sharing such a great idea. :)

Amy Bateman says:

What an awesome idea and perfect for classroom party favors! Do you mind if I pin this?

Hey that’s another good thing for my son’s birthday. I’ve been getting a lot of ideas from you. Thanks again!

Julie says:

I loved these! I showed my Mom them and we are making them for wedding favors! So much better than candy just strewn on the tables! We are stamping them with a chrysanthemum and ‘all you need is love.’ So excited!

Susana says:

I loved from the frist time I saw the thankyou notes and I did some to celebrate my 40th birthday. You can see it in my blog. Many thanks for your tutorial.
    Regards from Barcelona
    Susana

Kim says:

I came across your site a little while ago. So happy to have found it! I think I will make oval shaped ones and stamp them with border stamps in different colors for Easter. Nice little goody bag for my son’s kindergarten class! Thank you so much for sharing your talents and creativity!

Kelli says:

What a cute idea! Haven’t seen you guys forever and hope all is well!

Kimy says:

I would love to include these as giveaways/thank you gifts idea for birthdays or any special occasion. Thanks for the wonderful idea.

Shelly says:

What a great idea. My husband has a weird obsession with trying any and all new candies. Whether new to market or just new to him he has to buy it and try it even if it sounds awful. I decided for his 30th we’re going to tie in a candy theme and these will be perfect! Thank you for sharing your wonderful idea.

This is seriously the best idea ever!!
    I was looking for some thank you gift ideas for our housewarming party and I believe I found it!
    Oh my god, I can’t believe how much I love these!! 

Jem says:

Thanks for your post and tutorial. This is very inspirational!

Kate says:

I love this! Great for a party, even at a wedding – lots of possibilities to customize for the occasion. Very cute :)

Melissa says:

Hello there,

I made these using a circle pattern with a cricut for a recent favor at a Beach Themed Ladies Night Out. We didn’t have stamps or stickers to we improvised and one of the ladies had the great idea to make them look like sand dollars. We put tropical fruit flavored candy and a little charm necklace,
    [IMG]http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o80/melly9781/More%20Pics/Smilebox_52101449.jpg[/IMG]

They turned out great and the ladies loved them! Thanks for such great ideas!!

Lara says:

Love them and perfect for the baby shower my Mom and I are hosting in mid November.

Shari Lawrence says:

How darn cute! I always make favors for my guests on Thanksgiving and I’m going to try these by stamping the paper w/leaves as the background and gratitude in the center. Thanks for the wonderful idea!!