Still want to meet up in Denver, CO?

I know, I know, we talked about this ages ago………but who would still like to meet up in the Denver area?

(In case you missed the chatter about a Denver meet-up, go here.)

image source

You know, to meet, chat, maybe sew (or glue gun) a thing or two?  The plans aren’t definite because the location isn’t definite and that’s not definite because reserving a space is hard without knowing an approximate number of attendees.  But let’s get this little meet-up rolling.  Deal?   Haha……setting this up later than planned is better than not planned at all.  Right?

Whew, okay.  January is gone.  February is speeding by……so how about March?  Anyone up for a nice little gathering in early March?  I’m thinking March 10th.  I have several location ideas bouncing around.  Some are smaller and more intimate and perfect for a group of 15-20.  Other places are bigger and less swanky…..but would be perfect for a larger group.  And since anyone can come, (sewists, crafters, or just chatters)…….I’m not sure about a number.  I hope all will come and meet those with similar interests in the area though.  So, a big place to reserve would be great.  Ack……but I am terrible at guessing.

Let me tell you what would go down at a little Denver meet-up.  Of course chatting and mingling, most likely we’ll make a little something (making items for charity is being thrown around), maybe a little q&a from everyone (not just me), and of course some treats.  And if you’re on a diet, you have to cancel your diet for a day. Ha! ;)

So, tell me.  Who’s still interested?  Who’d like to meet up on March 10?

(THIS IS JUST A TENTATIVE DATE THAT I’M PROPOSING TO DIFFERENT VENUES.)

Poll Question: Can you come to the Denver, Colorado meet-up, if it was on March 10th?

• Aw, bummer, I can't make it.
    53.9% (55)
  • Ooooh, I'm 95% sure, I just need to fine tune the details.
    20.6% (21)
  • Well, I'd really like to, I'm just not sure about the date/location.
    12.7% (13)
  • Yes, for sure! I wouldn't miss it!
    12.7% (13)
Poll created at DynaPoll.

(This is totally a new poll service I’m trying out.  Please tell me if it’s buggy or not working out for you.  Eeek!)

Can’t wait to hear from you.  And okay, even more excited to meet you guys!  For all I know, some of you could be living on my same street and I didn’t even know it.  Wouldn’t that be crazy?  If so, I’m the crazy lady with 3 kids who is never showered until noon, unless I have somewhere to go.  Yep, that’s me!

Talk to you soon.

-Ashley

Comments

84 Responses to “Still want to meet up in Denver, CO?”
    Chelsea Peck says:

Hey Ashley!
    We live in Denver too! and I would LOVE to come…but we are scheduled to head to Texas on April 10th. :( Any other day (besides that week) would work!!

Jessica says:

I am soooo sad about this! I’ve lived in Colorado my whole life up until recently when we moved to Utah. I have loved your blog for years and so many of my crafts are inspired by you. I wish I could go!

That works for me, this sounds like so much fun!

Kim says:

Super bummed I can’t make it! I’m moving from Colorado Springs to Virginia on March 2:(

Jenn says:

I would love to meet up! However I might be wishy-washy because my baby is due Mar 19th. If the little cute little bugger is still in my belly I would totally be there!

Lindsay says:

I’d love to be there! In the third trimester of a kinda rocky pregnancy though, so it will all depend on how things are looking closer to the date. It would be so much fun though!

Janessa says:

I’m in Denver. I’m pretty sure the day would work for me – I’m more concerned about the location. I will keep watching your postings to see how it all comes along. Thanks for putting something like this together. I’m new to Denver from Phoenix and would love to meet up with some fellow crafters. :)

Shaina says:

I’m in the Springs, but have some church things going on that day, relating to YW. Plus, it’s my daughter’s 12th birthday! Have fun, and it’d be great to plan something locally another time.

Crystal R says:

I would LOVE to meet up. I’m down in Castle Rock. Maybe some of everyone’s craftiness will rub off on me – if not it would still be nice to meet up with some people from this area. Also, I could have sworn you were talking about me: the crazy lady with 3 kids, never showered until noon (my mailman must think I live in my pj’s – maybe he’s right!)

Sara says:

You can count on me coming. My sister and I also live in Castle Rock and were addicted to this site! :)

Mandi B says:

I just moved to Castle Rock. I am a craft LOVER, but just discovered the amazingmess of Kojo Designs. I have church stuff going on the the 10th, but if you Castle Rock ladies ever want to get together for a crafty afternoon, I am in!

Valerie Nelson says:

Ah shucks… If you ever do one of these in the Monterey Bay Area, CA, I’d TOTALLY come (and even help plan it too!!). Bring the whole family and I could tour you around the area… Monterey Bay Aquarium, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Carmel/Pebble Beach, Roaring Camp Railroads… lots to see here!!

Rebecca says:

Come back to Atlanta!! I didn’t discover your blog until roughly 4 months before you moved and I was so sad to find out that someone so awesome was so close but going away. :-(

Susan says:

I second the Atlanta location!! I’m new to sewing (Christmas present) and been having fun discovering my new craft with your website!! Shout if you make it back to the Southeast!

Robin says:

Wish I could make it but March 10th starts spring break in Fort Collins and we will be out of town!! AWH!!!

Catherine says:

I wasn’t sure how to vote on the poll. Ok maybe I am missing something obvious. But i would love to meet up and March 10 works for me. I would love to bring some friends too. But if that date does not work I am ok with something else too. Just let me know the details.

Rita says:

I am really new to your site and have only been reading it for a couple of weeks, but I live in central Denver!!!

What would go down? It would definitely depend on the location. People could bring their craft projects, a treat to share, and depending on the size of the crowd, time, and location, maybe there could be a couple presentations (simple, short, sweet), maybe a few local shops could have displays ?, maybe there could be a coffee + stand, a few wares to buy, people who craft for selling could maybe have a very small stand. This really depends on many of the afore mentioned factors. Tables and chairs that could be arranged in a way that people could visit and share.

I have no idea what you are considering, but Tattered Cover Bookstore on Colfax or downtown handles speakers frequently. The Denver Public Central Library also has speakers. Denver Fabrics might be an okay location. The economy has created less goods and more space there. Paper Tiger on Broadway has classes and may have room. There are lots of eateries around there.

And if you need some help, I will make myself available, with enough notice. Let me know.

Heather M says:

I hope you guys have a blast! I wish we could make it… if only you were still in GA! ;)

Jessica says:

I’m totally there. I just can’t figure out how to work the poll…

Jenn says:

The poll is buggy for me. My vote is yes, for sure, I wouldn’t miss it!

Cherie says:

I hope you know you aren’t the only crazy lady with three kids who isn’t showered until noon (or later…) !

Shannon Paterson says:

I want to go but can’t figure out how to get the poll to work.

Becky says:

Would love to meet up. Date is ?? for me. I leave for a week trip to NYC the 14th and don’t know how hubby would feel about being left with all 3 kids 2 weekends in a row :) I guess that also depends on location and time as well. I look forward to updates!

Wendy says:

I can’t use the poll either but would tick the can’t make it option. If ever you were to visit London then I’d love to do one here! (Or west Kent near Sevenoaks to be precise). Hope you have a super day!

By the way not being showered until midday with multiple kids is definitely a global phenomenon :)

Julie says:

Could we make it in Parker somwhere? Maybe that would be in between for a lot of people…

I would love to come, but that is the weekend of SXSW here in Austin. HUGE event for those interested in social media, interactive media, film and music. Another weekend?

Chelsea says:

Yeah no idea how to use this poll. I am 95-100& sure that I will be there. As long as it isn’t across the state or anything I should be able to make it no matter what! So excited! Hoepfully we don’t have a snowstorm like last week.

Aleesha says:

This sounds like so much fun!! I’d love to meet some people with similar interests in the area!!
    I cant get the poll thing to work … I’d love to be there but the 10th is not great for me so I’m a maybe. :)

Stephanie says:

Yep, I’m totally there! I can’t figure out this poll thing but count me in!

Amanda says:

I wouldn’t be able to make it until autumn.

I would definitely come! I live in loveland but I wouldn’t mind traveling for a crafty get together!

Carolyn S says:

I can’t seem to answer the poll question either, but I’m pretty sure March 10th works for me.

Kara says:

Poll isn’t working :(

I could be up for that date . . .I am pretty sure it would work.

Katie Wade says:

As everyone has already said, poll isn’t working for me either. But I would totally come!

Kelly says:

The poll’s not working for me. I would totally be able to go in March…. just not on March 10th. That Saturday happens to be my birthday and I already have plans :)

Natalie says:

I can’t figure out the poll either, but I would love to come! I live just north of Denver and would love to meet up and do a little crafting!!

I’m glad I’m not the only one that can’t figure out the poll! lol But I would LOVE to come. I live in CO Springs and would love to come up to play for a day! :)

I am in- but I cant work the poll! I’ll be sure that Kojo Designs, Oopsey Daisy, and Taradara all see this too- we’ve done one GNO and have been trying to arrange another crafty blog meetup!

Lindsay says:

Ash, I would totally love to meet you, it’s just that I’m poor and I don’t have money flowing in from my blog to pay for plane tickets from Ohio to Colorado. Wanna meet in Cincinnati? Columbus? I can TOTALLY swing that ;)

Haha……anyone that calls me “Ash” is a friend!!! :) So dang it, I wish I could fly right out there and pick you up! We’ll take lots of pictures and you can pretend you were right there with us!!

Cumorah says:

Count me as a YES, FOR SURE! I WOULDN’T MISS IT! (couldn’t answer in the poll) It’s already marked on my calendar, and that is as good as gold. So I will see you, my pretty, on March 10th. Be there or be square ya’ll!

taradara says:

I can make it. I’d love to meet up with ya!!!

Alison says:

I can’t get the poll to work, but I’m definitely in! Sounds like so much fun!

Ali says:

I would love to be part of this!

adie says:

I so wish I could. I live just in the Springs, but with work and my car, I just cant come there. :( maybe one day!

Angela says:

Big Sad no-go from me. Feel free to plan an weekend in Chicago, St. Louis, Indy maybe even west Ohio and I will definitely be in! You are awesome!

I would love to but im all the way in florida :) if you decide to come here im soo in :)

Nikki Kelly says:

I would love to come!!! (although I can’t figure out how to take the poll) The later the better for March 10th. I work until 7,but I don’t mind being a little late if you don’t. Or Sundays work too!

Nikki @ the ambitious procrastinator

Erin_O says:

Ashley, I just stumbled upon your blog today, it is FANTASTIC! I <3 EVERYTHING. I get my new sewing machine tomorrow and can't decide which pattern to follow first! Thank you for sharing all your amazing ideas and repurposing creations! Also, I live in Denver Metro area and March 10th is my birthday. If there's a meetup around then I'd love to come say Hi! There's definitely more to do in Downtown Denver, but harder to find parking. I could scope out a few places if you need me to. Let me know. Thanks again!!

Audrey says:

I think this would be a lot of fun, and I would love to come! I couldn’t figure out the poll either…

Amy says:

darn! I don’t think I can schedule 2 weekends in a row in Denver – too bad it won’t be the 3rd when I need to be there :(

Becca says:

Can’t figure out the poll thingy. I could be in.

Carri says:

Not sure how to take the pole…..but I am a ahhh bummer, can’t make it!! BOO

Shannon H says:

For some reason the poll wouldn’t work for me- I am in…and I still can get us a free large gym or classroom to use in Westminster if needed- lots of tables/chairs, etc if you need it for project space-

C says:

I’m pretty sure that date works for me…need to double check the family schedule…
    looking forward to it!

Jenny says:

Disneyland…..Denver….Disneyland……Denver….tough call…..but Disneyland wins for me this time. :)

Kristin says:

I went to IKEA last week and that had me thinking about your proposed meet up. I’m so glad you brought this up today! March 10th isn’t going to work for me–my hubby and I are going away kid-free for the night for his birthday on the 9th. Wish I could make it! Maybe the next one.

Sarah says:

i’m a “for sure”….but don’t see where i can enter on the poll thingy. Sounds like a blast!

Lilly says:

I wish it was a different day!! I’d love to come but the 10th is bad for me. :( boo

julianne says:

So jealous of all you lucky people who get to go…if you ever come out to seattle let me know!

Mandy says:

The poll isn’t working for me. But I definitely wouldn’t miss it!!

Jessica says:

I couldn’t figure out the poll either, but I am 95% sure I can make it. I should know for sure within the next week. I am so excited, though!!

KaitlinMadson says:

Coming! But I can’t get the poll to work…

I’d love to, but I’m afraid I’m an Ocean away :(

Kristen S says:

Ohh I would SO love to meet up! I live in Maine, but I’m actually flying into Denver in March to visit my boyfriend in Cripple Creek. But I’m coming March 24-April 1…

Hello! I would love to meet up. Let me know if you need help arranging or organizing or just need some extra snacks (i’m good at snacks).

Oh that would be so much fun! Mine is more of a money issue. However, I have a brother who lives in Colorado. That might make it doable.

Sara says:

I don’t get the option to vote, but it wouldn’t matter anyways cuz I live in Ontario, Canada! :( I would love to meet up with all of you, I don’t know anyone else in my area who’s crafty. It’d be fun to have others to hang out with and bounce ideas off of! :)

RoShawn says:

Poll wasnt working for me

I would have put that Im 95% sure I could come just need to make sure about a few things. Its penciled in

Kirsten says:

I’m in the 95% as well, but I couldn’t get the poll to work for me. I’m super excited about this, but I’ll just have to figure out all the logistics of making it happen with childcare and such.

Callie says:

I just moved to Denver 2 weeks ago and just came across your blog today! I would love to come be a part of this! I love to craft and would really like to meet some people in the area with similar interests!

Dana H. says:

I live in Aurora… so Denver is only a few minutes away… I’d love to come! I’m fairly new in town and would love to meet some new people as well :)

Leah says:

I live in Col. Springs and would love to meet in Denver! Keep us posted on more details as they develop. So excited to have this opportunity.

sara says:

I live in the sw denver area and would interested in meeting up.

Jamie Phelps says:

Would LOVE to do this! I am not from Denver, but my crafty friend and I would love to fly out and meet up with everyone! If you would just let us know the moment everything becomes firm, we’ll make our travel plans! :0) We’ve been following your blog for years and would love to get together!

Rachel says:

I’d love to join in! And I have some friends that would love to come, too! We just will need to know when to be where! :)

Stephani says:

I just moved to Fort Collins a month ago and stumbled onto your blog today! I’d love to go to a meet up!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] Calling all creative types in Denver (and the surrounding areas!)- we have been chatting about putting together a little get together for awhile now and it is finally in the works (tenatively scheduled for March 10). [...]

2. [...] you have no idea what I’m talking about………go here.  And here.  And then clear your schedule because it’s time to get together with other crafty and [...]