Make your own Magnetic Paper Dolls (and a fabric cover for your metal base)

Thank you for such kindness and sympathy towards my last post.  My grandmother will be greatly missed.  And we’re all doing perfectly well.  She’s one happy lady right now. :)

. . . . .

I have been a little set back with holiday prep, due to my trip to CA.  But I stayed up late last night, finishing up a few things because I can hardly wait until Christmas morning.  There are so many little things I’d like to make……we’ll see how far I get.  And if I don’t finish in time, no biggie, I’ll finish them eventually and give them as “Happy January 15th” gifts.  Or something. ;)

Anyway, I was walking through some store, some day (haha…..I can’t remember specifically because I’ve seen them several places), and a set of magnetic dress up dolls caught my eye.  It was $30 for the whole set and I just couldn’t stomache the price……even though I knew my almost 5 year old would love a set.

So while at Hobby Lobby, I saw a little book of paper dolls (over by the coloring books) and decided that $4 (plus a bit more for the other supplies) was way better than $30…..if I just took the time to make them myself.

And before I explain any further…….my original plan was to find some cute boy paper dolls and make one of these for my little guy too.  And then I thought longer and realized he’d probably enjoy a pirate ship and some pirates more, so he could create a little magnetic scene with them.  However, I ran out of time.  So keep that in mind if you don’t have any little girls to make this for.  (Cut out some dinosaurs, some cars, a jungle scene……or anything.  Boys would love sticking their shapes to a metal sheet as well.)

Anyway, the book of paper dolls worked perfectly for this project.  And gave me so many choices to choose from.  (I probably only used about a 1/5 of the paper doll punch-out book.)  But this way, I could choose the exact outfits from the book that I wanted to use………and then use a metal cookie sheet to stick them to.  How fun to have so many outfits to swap in and out.

And I don’t want my little lady to lose any of her pieces……so I made a little fabric cover.  Kind of like a fitted sheet.

It’s the perfect way to keep everything together while not in use.  Perfectly snug.

My little girl loves to imagine.  And play pretend.  And make her little dolls talk and interact

She’ll love this.

I think I mostly love that everything gets tucked away under the fitted fabric cover.  Oh, and the fact that this cost me way less than the varieties I have seen in the store.  Both make me happy.

And don’t worry……I have tested and played and bent the pieces a bit.  The paper dolls haven’t peeled up one bit from the magnetic sheet.  That was my biggest worry.  But nope, no problems there.

Christmas morning will be an imaginative one.

. . .

Would you like to make your own Magnetic Paper Dolls?

Supplies:

• Book of Pre-cut Paper Dolls, $3.80 (Hobby Lobby with my coupon….over by the coloring books)
  • Adhesive Magnetic Sheets, $2(?) for 2 sheets (I bought mine at Wal-Mart….cheapest I found.  I bought 3 packages.  But it just depends on how big your doll pieces are.  Mine were really big.)
  • Cookie Sheet, $2.88 (Wal-Mart……..or use an old one and spray paint it.  Cute.)
  • Piece of scrap fabric slightly bigger than your cookie sheet, free (from my stash)
  • A piece of 1/8 inch side elastic a little smaller than the perimeter of your fabric piece, free (from my stash)
  • OPTIONAL: scrap fabric for lettering and small piece of double sided fusible web, free (from my stash)

Before I began, I thought I was going to have to use special glue and seal the edges and add extra glue to each piece, etc.  However, the adhesive magnetic sheets I bought worked wonderfully.  It doesn’t peel away from the paper dolls at all.  In fact, I tried to peel a paper doll dress off of the magnetic sheet and it tore the bottom layer of the dress right off.  Success.

Here is the package of magnetic sheets I bought, that came as a 2 pack.  They worked awesome and like I mentioned above, the paper dolls aren’t peeling up one bit.  This stuff sticks pretty darn well.

To get started, punch out your doll pieces (or cut if applicable) and place them right to the sticky side of your magnetic sheets.  Try to use up as much space as possible and arrange all of your doll pieces down first before cutting anything.  Press each piece down firmly.  Then, begin cutting out each shape with the magnetic sheet stuck right to the back.

Each of your pieces should be nice and secure to the magnetic backing.

Repeat with all of your pieces.  Set aside.

If you want to make a cover for your cookie sheet base……..cut out a piece of fabric that is about an inch bigger on all sides.  Cut with the contour of your cookie sheet.

Then zig-zag or serge around the outer edge.

Then cut out letters and adhere to the fabric with double sided fusible webbing.  (I did this the same way as the lettering here.  Except instead of stitching around each letter, I just sewed a line through the center of each letter……just to keep them in place.  I figured that the stitch plus the adhesive of the webbing would keep it on well enough because this will never be thrown in the washer.)

Next, place your fabric right side down, under the needle of the sewing machine.  Begin sewing one end of your elastic down for about an inch, right next to the edge of the fabric.  (I started in the middle of one of the longer sides.)  Then, with your needle in down position, pull the end of you elastic so that it stretches out a bit……..

Then keep it pulled and lay it down along your fabric.  Be sure to keep that fabric pulled flat as you sew, like shown on the left.  Down loosen the grip on your elastic or it will pull in your fabric, like shown on the right (which is not correct).  Just keep the elastic pulled semi tight and right next to the edge of the flat fabric as you sew.  And sew down the center of the piece of elastic.  (Using a zig-zag stitch can be helpful for this too if you keep missing the elastic as you sew.)

And then as you sew, your elastic will pull back in and will pull the fabric in with it.  See how that works??  This way, you don’t need a casing for your elastic.  And as you sew around a corner, just pull the elastic around the corner a bit, sew a few stitches, then re-adjust and repeat several times.

After you make your way all the way around your fabric, overlap the elastic about an inch and sew down in place.  Cut the excess elastic off.

Now your fabric piece should cinch in like this.  If it didn’t, you didn’t pull your elastic tight enough as you were sewing.  (And you’ll have to unpick it and try again.)  If it’s pulled in tighter than this, that’s okay……it will still work great.

Now place over your cookie sheet to be sure it fits just right.

And that’s it.  Your little Magnetic Paper Doll set is ready to be played with.  Now make a little boy version with boy paper dolls (if you can locate some)……or create a magnetic scene of dinosaurs or cars or friendly monster shapes.  Just as fun.

. . . . . . . . . . .
This post is sponsored by:

Comments

117 Responses to “Make your own Magnetic Paper Dolls (and a fabric cover for your metal base)”
    Shannon says:

I have been having the hardest time coming up with one more gift for my 3.5 year old son, this will be perfect in the dinosaur or pirate, etc.! Thank you so much-you are brilliant!

Lindsay says:

The Dollar Tree sells small cookie sheets for just $1! These would be great gifts!

I made one of these years ago for my girl. She loved it and it is still a much played with toy! I love the little cover to keep all the pieces together.

Allison A says:

What a Darling idea! I’ll have to remember this (pinterest) for when my baby gets older.

babalisme has a bunch of free paper doll printables that this would be perfect for. Some are even for boys! http://babalisme.blogspot.com/2009/10/halloweenie-dress-up-printable-boy.html

I have been wanting to do this for a while, but I wasn’t sure about what type of magnet to use. i’m glad to hear that the paper sticks so well to the magnet sheets you used. I will be looking for some now. There are lots of free printable paper dolls on-line too and that’s hopefully what I will be using when I make mine. Thanks for posting!

Torie says:

I LOVE this idea. My hubby just bought the kids a magnetic penguin that you put on his scarf, earmuffs, and some candy canes for a little holiday cheer and both of them ( 2 yo girl and 7 yo boy) have been playing NONSTOP with it. I love the adding of the cookie sheet that way it’s portable!

I can not wait to make this when my daughter gets older but maybe in the mean time I will make this for my niece!

Jen says:

SO CUTE! I have a little girl turn 4 in February, I will be doing this for her!I’m so sorry to hear about your Grandma, your right she is in a happy place. I’m sure she is watching you from above! Hugs to you and your sweet family.

Jessica says:

Have you seen some of the (printable) paper dolls at pinterest? I’ve been looking at those and wishing I could figure a way to make them work for us. This is PERFECT! Thank you!

Bonnie F. says:

I was going to say the same thing and link to the same site. I made some for my daughter using his super cute paper dolls and love them!! I used the printable magnet sheets (from Office Max maybe?!?) and the ones Ashley used (printed pictures onto cardstock and then stuck them to the magnetic sheets). Both ways work, but I think I prefer the printable magnet sheets even though they cost more. Otherwise when they got wet they would smudge. I tried covering them with modge podge, but that also made them smear (from my inkjet printer).

I love Ashley’s idea of covering the cooking sheet though! I used a metal lunch tin and it was okay. But wouldn’t this idea be so fun for a long car ride?

Liz says:

Where could you find pirate cut outs, dinos, cars etc? I have a 4 year old boy that would love this with pirates and dinos! Any suggestions?

Chelsey says:

You could buy a cheap coloring book from dollar store or walmart to get picture ideas and stick them to magnet pieces.

Karin says:

What a wonderful idea! I was just at Walmart today looking for those Magnetic Sheets! What “area” are they in?

Gina says:

Such a great idea! What font did you use for the “paper dolls” on the cover?

Casey says:

I’m making paper dolls for my kids this year too! I am using my Cricut, Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge. But I was thinking I would laminate them and use little velcro dots… I might have change my plans to magnetic sheets, this is really cute!

Shannon says:

The CRICUT!! Awesome idea!!

Penelope says:

We’ve done this, but we did it too small I think. We used Altoids tins for the dolls. And our magnets were too thick. Just a hint, xyron laminate does not like to stick to anything. I can’t get it to stick to packing tape even.

we’re making this type of thing for Christmas this year as well, just need to find thinner magnets.

I’m hoping to find where I hid the paper dolls our great grandma sent us, and use those.

Casey says:

I finished my version with the Cricut. I ended up laminating them and using velcro dots like my original plan. You can see pictures on my blog: http://simplejoycrafting.blogspot.com/2011/12/paper-dolls.html.
      I’m saving the magnetic idea for the future though!

Simply Complex says:

I really like these. I got the M&D set on sale – paid $22 for a fireman set and the set with two girls… so I thought I did pretty good. Apparently, not as good as you did.

I love the cookie sheet idea, especially for travel in the car (as long as they don’t hit each other with them!) I will say, however, that we painted a small magnetic strip in our sons room, and might do this in our daughters room too so they can play with these kinds of things on the wall. As long as you paint many layers under the topcoat of paint that matches the wall color, they stick. It’s so much fun. Also, if you have an Ikea near you, they have nice flat magnetic boards you can screw into the wall in their rooms that are round, or rectangular and about the size of that cookie sheet too.

lisa r says:

You are brilliant – what a great idea. They would be great for car journeys too. Let the hunt for magnetic sheets begin!

Shannon says:

You could get metal tins and make smaller ones for travel too!

Jennifer Welch says:

Great Idea! Will definitely be making this one. Two thoughts: One- of course it would work great as fridge magnets – my kids love playing on the fridge as I cook, and I can envision whole scenes with backdrops and everything.
    Two – keep safety in mind – this would be a great way to make larger pieces for smaller kids to side-step the choking issue. Thanks for the ideas!

Oh, my goodness. I am so in love with these. Now I know what my little girl needs for her birthday. :D Time to pin it on Pinterest. Thank you so much for sharing!

Amber says:

This is brilliant! I have the same paper dolls and I have the same worry that everything will get lost! How amazing to use a cookie sheet to do this, a great travel gift! TOTALLY MAKING THIS! Thank you for the idea!

Sarah says:

GREAT idea! I *almost* wish I had seen this 2 days ago when I bought the Melissa and Doug dress up magnetic sets. But mine were totally free, so you can’t beat that. But while those sets are cute, the thing that TOTALLY bugs me is there is no cover. I mean, really, Melissa and Doug!! A kids TOY with small pieces and NO cover!!???? Craziness. So thankfully Make it and Love it came to the rescue (once again!). Thank you!!!!!!!

Rachelle says:

Amazing Idea! love it! I’m going to save it for my daughter’s birthday in the spring. My husband and I painted the backside of our kitchen peninsula with magnetic primer and chalkboard paint some time ago.. The kids are always busy drawing and playing with magnets and it’s a great busy activity for meal prep time. can’t wait to make them some pirate scenes for our boys and of course, paper dolls for our daughter.

Erin says:

BRILLIANT!! I’m going to have to make some of these for my daycare! And someday, my daughter! Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

sunnie says:

So cute! I love how creative you are.

Jessica says:

Okay–You never cease to amaze me with your reverse engineering skills!

Monica says:

I really really love this idea. I can think of so many kids in the family that would really love to have this! Thanks for sharing!

Jodie says:

Thanks for sharing! I have a grandson that is three that would love this. I am going to the dollar store like Lindsey shared and see if I can find the trays.

Jessica says:

Oh my gosh! How cute would a make your own monsters be?! http://www.etsy.com/shop/cloudstreetlab

Paula says:

I’m looking at this and seeing Stormtroopers, Darth Vader – an entire Star Wars scene. My little boy would love it! (My ‘little’ girl is 22 now and dolls were only accessories for her horses.) Great idea!

Anna H says:

I LOVE this. You are amazing. I need to go hunt around Hobby Lobby for some boy pictures… Thank you! And Merry Christmas!

Jane M says:

Brilliant! I just pinned your wonderful post http://pinterest.com/pin/87538786476669472/
    Merry Christmas!

April says:

Love this idea! Thanks for sharing-I’m saving this one.

I LOVE THIS. I did something similar that wasn’t paper dolls; I let my daughter choose some clipart from my Word program and we printed out a bunch of butterflies and ladybugs and things and I stuck them down to the magnet sheets. She plays with them on a cookie cutter sheet. I got the idea from the Disney Family Fun magazine to use photos of nature from a calendar or something and they play with the little people or animals on top of the picture. So her butterflies were in some mountain streams, on the pyramids of Giza, and a bunch of other random places.

Sheryl says:

Try makingfriends.com for all kinds of paper dolls. I have used this website for other crafts too!

Crystal says:

what a great idea! i’m bookmarking for my daughter’s 2nd birthday. i think i’ll swap out the doll face with a photo of hers, though! love your blog!

Jill says:

I LOVE this! I’m keeping an eye out for super cute stuff to make this. Thanks for the DIY. (Came from Pinterest.)

Wow, that is brilliant! My little girls would love this. And I”m sure I could find a way to make one for my son too (pirate, athlete, superhero, etc). Thanks for sharing this!!

Cheree says:

Love this…I wanted to share this link: http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/…it has links to the paper dolls I played with as a kid…specifically the gingham girls: http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/dolls/pd_scans/ginghams/index.html. They’re free to print. Thanks for the sweet idea! I’ll have to do this for my daughter for her birthday…Christmas is too close!

Maureen M. says:

Genius!!! So fun and a great gift idea. Thank you so much!!

susan says:

What a neat idea! Love it!

Janet says:

Oh my! I know what my daughters and nieces are getting for Christmas this year!! You are amazing!

Kandice McDermott says:

Oh man, I’m in trouble now. I HAVE to make these! I was so excited when I read your post yesterday, I’ve been trying ever since to figure out how I can get the stuff from WalMart without my 4-year-old noticing! My 7 year old might get one with Fancy Nancy paper dolls…found them on the Internet yesterday and I’m hoping Walmart has them…The 4 year old and maybe even the 18 month old will get ABCs and shapes. How cute!

Kelly says:

I am so glad I found this on Pinterest! I have been wondering where to find the magnetic strips. I planned on using family photos and making magnets out of them for my granddaughters to play with. They are 3 and 2 years old and love my refridgerator magnets. I also plan on using an oil drip pan from Walmart instead of the cookie sheet. This way I can slide it under the bed and it will be big enough for both girls to play at the same time. Once again, thank you for all your great ideas!

Marissa says:

This is genius!! What a creative and inexpensive gift. My little girl is only 18 mo old but when she gets bigger I will definately be doing this. Thanks so much for the idea.

Mindy says:

LOVE! adding it to my list of to-dos!

Erin says:

Oh, I love this. Maybe next Christmas…my crafting plate is already pretty full. Such a great idea…man, I wish there were a Hobby Lobby near me. No idea why there isn’t.

One question: Magnetic sheets I’ve never heard of…where in WalMart did you find them? Are they by the photo supplies, or craft, or home repairs? What are they used for? Just so I can find them when I try to get them (or explain to an employee, who will probably look confusedly at me).

I found the magnets in the craft section. I can’t remember next to what exactly. I bet it’s different in every store…..but just browse the couple of craft aisles and that purple packaging is what it looks like. Good luck!

• 48.1.1
        Erin says:

Thanks so much! I will look there.

• 48.1.1.1
          Shannon says:

I just went and looked this morning – my Walmart didn’t carry it. :-( Maybe in a different town nearby. :-( I have some printouts I did a few weeks ago and have been trying to figure out the best way to add magnets. This would be PERFECT. I just hope I can find the stuff!!

Heather says:

I have been watching for the Melissa and Doug wooden dolls to be on sale, but my watching is now over thanks to this brilliant idea.

April says:

Love this! I was given two large paper dolls books from my grandmother years ago and I can get them out of the closet and share the old paper dolls with my daughter. I love your web site!

Kimberly says:

That is such a great idea! When my older girls had some dolls like this it was also fun to keep them in the kitchen so they could play on the fridge by me while I was cooking dinner. Kept them out of my way, lol, and kept them busy, but we could be together, too. Ahh, I miss those times. :)

Deb says:

This is a fantastic idea!!! I have a daughter that would LOVE this, and a niece that just may be receiving this gift for her birthday. Thank you SO much for sharing!

Alisha says:

I tried a project like this a couple of years ago, and bought a cheap cookie sheet (maybe from the Dollar Store?? I can’t exactly remember). UNFORTUNATELY, the cookies sheet must have been aluminum. Make sure your cookie sheet is higher quality, or it won’t attract the magnets!! :o) If you’re not sure, just find a magnet somewhere in the store and test it out before you buy it!

Louise says:

Love this! And I really love the covers. I want to make these for all the puzzles too!

Alicia says:

In case anyone wants a source for inexpensive sticker paper dolls, I found them (about 4×6) at
    http://www.rainbowresource.com/searchspring.php?q=sticker+paper+dolls. They cost $1.25 per set.

For boys, they have pirates, astronauts, a race car driver, and historical figures. (As well as TONS for girls).

(I think the ones you found at Hobby Lobby are somewhat cuter, but these will work and kids will love ‘em!)

Donna b says:

I LOVE this idea!! Can’t wait to try this for my 8 year old!!!

Amanda B. says:

Thank you so much for this!!! I am currently in school to get my degree for Early Childhood Education and I absolutely LOVE this idea! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Sarah says:

Did you make the actual paper doll magnetic also? I’m working on it right now and the magnetic clothes won’t attach to the magnetic doll, I bought a really cheap cookie sheet, maybe it’s not strong enough? Or did you tape down the paper dolls or something? Thanks!!!

millie says:

Your cookie sheet is probably not magnetic enough. I tried just holding the dolls in my hand and the clothes would just drop but against a strong magnet everything sticks together perfectly.

Can anyone recommend magnet sheets that would allow the dolls to be played with without losing their clothes?

Carolyn says:

Love this! I’m already done with my Christmas crafts (ok, I’ve run out of time, so I’m throwing in the towel for the remaining gifts), but I’m already adding this to my list of next year crafts.

Bobbie says:

First of all- this post came at JUSt the right time! I had just decided to make boy dolls for my nephew who wistfully said “I wish there were boy paper dolls” I found a a ton of links for paper dolls to print here: http://marilee.us/paperdolls.html and I printed off Johnathan but I copied him at 121% on the copier cause I didnt want to cut him out that small :) I also tweaked some of the clothes to give a little variety. Then I found a tray at the Thrift store that is just the right size- I am working on making a background with the extra magnet sheets I bought- Johnathan and his clothes only took up one sheet.
    Second I just realized that this Christmas is a Make it Love it Christmas- I am making fabric boxes for each neice and nephew ( and Praise the LORD I found plastic canvas at the thrift store- 30 sheets for $1.40) I made the lotion bottle cell phone holder and now the magnetic paper dolls! ThankYou! for making my Christmas Crafting so easy this year!

Jessica says:

Super cute! I’m going to make some for my niece. You can save even more money by just printing some paper dolls that are free online. There are some SUPER CUTE disney ones at deviantart.

Heather M says:

I love this! I can’t wait to make some covers for all of the Melissa & Doug products my kids have that do not have a cover. :) Perfect.

Shaina says:

I too was wondering if you make the actual paper doll magnetic? The doll is to big for the magnetic sheet.

This is a GREAT idea. I have never thought about making these before. Love it! Definitely on my to do list!!

Becky says:

I believe that Microsoft has free paper dolls available on their website too – they used to anyway!

Jill says:

The fabric cover idea is ingenious! Thanks for sharing.

I finally got around to making these. But I wanted to show you what I created. I am so excited about it.
    I made a carrying case with magnetic pages in it with different backgrounds. I wanted to create something that my daughter could carry to church or play with in the car.

Anyway, I hope you will take a look at it. Thank you for inspiring me!

jess says:

love this tutorial… so easy to follow. the storage idea is fabulous. thanks!!

Ellen Martin says:

What a great idea…I started looking at paperdolls and found this site that I had totally forgotten about where you can download in color, or black in white, different characters and outfits.

The site also has tons of other creative ideas.

Thanks for sharing!
    Ellen

Claudia says:

I just stumbled upon your site and all I can say is WOW! So many wonderful ideas – I am completely smitten! Especially this post caught my eye and I will be making such a paper-doll tray for my grand daughter. Thank you so much for sharing all your perfect work! I will be returning often and look forward to more! Greetings from Germany

Jelli says:

I am in LOVE with this project. Absolutely a fan. Found a link to it from here: http://itsourlongstory.blogspot.com/2012/08/surviving-roadtrip-with-toddler.html Great, great project I will definitely be making in the future. Thanks for sharing.

StephanieW says:

I had a hard time getting the dresses and accessories to stick. The strength of the magnet sheet was very weak. Any suggestions? I used a thinner card stock. I guess yours held up just fine with regular copy paper? I absolutely love this idea!

Verna says:

I am having the same problem. I didn’t want to use a cookie sheet, I just wanted the clothes to stick to the dolls. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Beckie says:

I loved my paper dolls or magnetic dolls as a kid. This would make a great gift for a little girl. Thanks for a terrific tutorial. I’ll have it up on my FB!

Lisa says:

Just made these for my two year old for her first big roadtrip this coming week. My older daughter had her old paper dolls still stashed in her closet, so I just had to buy the cookie sheet and magnet sheets. I got everything all cut out, then realized the clothes were not sticking to the doll! AGH! So, maybe your dolls are made on thinner paper? Everything sticks well to the cookie sheet, so I may just figure out how to create a doll directly on the cookie sheet since I spent so much time cutting all the clothes! LOL Thanks for your awesome ideas!

Amy says:

I can’t wait to try this! Thanks for such an amazing idea!!

SusieOhMy says:

Another thought I forgot to mention…AS FOR LAMINATING your items…cut around your item, leaving about 1 inch of scrap around it. Now, ON THE SCRAP EDGES, put a dab of glue stick and stick to another piece of paper. Run through your laminator. When cool, cut your items out. The front print will be laminated, and will separated from the paper you glued on…TA DA!!! Now, stick to your maganetic sheet.

I loved this idea and knew it would be perfect for my 2 year old daughter. Thanks for the tutorial! Here is my version!

The best part about farmacia on line is that it doesn’t display considerable speed when piloting through its live tile homescreen to the easily accessible and convenient.

Annie says:

Is there a way to make the doll stand up? Can you make the doll herself magnetic?

nazanin says:

that was very cool i love it

Lorena says:

I am just now coming across this post and I am sooo glad I did. I recently came upon a darling set of dies (thin cutting plates) so I can cut out a ballerina and her total ensemble. Darling, but as paper is paper, my darlings might not last very long so now with this super crafty ingenious idea, I think I have a perfect toy/activity to keep my little one happy and busy during our long car rides.

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] Make your own Magnetic Paper Dolls (and a fabric cover for your metal base) | Make It and Love It To get started, punch out your doll pieces (or cut if applicable) and place them right to the sticky side of your magnetic sheets. Try to use up as much space as possible and arrange all of your doll pieces down first before cutting anything. Press each piece down firmly. [...]

2. [...] up in our house the catch phrase was “We can make that!” And that is just what Make It and Love It did with these paper dolls.  They turned out so sweet.  She suggests using a theme boys would [...]

3. [...] Make your own Magnetic Paper Dolls (and a fabric cover for your … I have been batting this idea around in my head for a little while but the adhesive magnetic sheets and fitted cover have sealed it for me! Reply. 14. Gina says: . Two thoughts: One- of course it would work great as fridge magnets – my kids love playing on the fridge as I cook, and I can envision whole scenes with backdrops and everything. Two – keep safety in mind . My little boy would love it! (My 'little' girl is 22 now and dolls were only accessories for her horses.) . [...]

4. [...] blog Makeit-Loveit mi consiglia un’idea molto carina per aumentare il divertimento e sfruttare il gioco al meglio. [...]

5. [...] It and Love it shows you how to make homemade Magnetic Paper Dolls. Do you have a fun and frugal DIY idea to share? I’d love to hear about it! Read the [...]

6. [...] Make your own magnetic paper dolls from Make It and Love It [...]

7. [...] It and Love it shows you how to make homemade Magnetic Paper Dolls. I just love this idea! It could be a cute birthday [...]

8. [...] a cookie sheet. (Like the one I made for the Valentine Countdown Calender project.)  Of course I pinned it. I thought this was genius. It makes them more sturdy, and if you have cookie sheet, they are very [...]

9. [...] and I think this would be the perfect traveling toy!  Her inspiration came from this post from Make It and Love It.  What I particularly like about this version is how portable it is. I can easily put it in a backpack [...]

10. [...] My little monstor of a princess daughter I have has reached a certain age where sitting still (i.e. in church) is very unlikely. There are few things that grab her attention- Toy Story 2 or 3, Fresh Beat Band, and baby dolls. None of which she can bring to church! Haha. I’ve really been considering buying those felt boards and character scenes (I’ve seen them at Barnes and Noble and Lakeshore…) but then when searching my blog reel for hope, I found Make It & Love It’s Magnetic Paper Dolls Tutorial! [...]

11. [...] – Maker MamaChild Size Apron – Stumbles & StitchesSoda Can Bracelet – The Greenest DollarMagnetic Paper Dolls – Make It and Love ItThat should give you some ideas and make you look like the Creative Diva you [...]

12. [...] Magnetic paper dolls  (great forgirls and boys) [...]

13. [...] Magnetic Paper Dolls by Make It and Love It [...]

14. [...] Cut out some paper dolls and attach them to some sticky magnet sheets. Instant Magnetic Paper Dolls: [...]

15. [...] a fabric cover for the dolls.  Here is the tutorial I used to make the cover.  I usually use  1/4″ elastic and not 1/8″ elastic.  I also [...]

16. […] For instance, if the girl is really into dolls you might want to give them your own unique set of magnetic handmade dolls. This will be a nice thing that none of her friends will […]

17. […] 1. DIY Magnetic Play Set The blogger used a book of pre-cut paper dolls, but I’m going to attempt drawing the dolls myself on card stock so I can make them look like my daughters and their friends.  Yee! […]

18. […] DIY Magnetic Dolls Well, I crossed one of the activities off my indoor bucket list.  Using this adorable template as […]