Virtual Halloween Costume Parade 2011 (costumes submitted by readers)

Halloween is over.  Boo.

(Not as in a scary Halloween “boo” but as in a sad “boo”.  Got me?)

But I got over that really fast when I thought ahead to the next few holidays.

It’s November 1st……and that means Christmas music is legal in our house.  (Though I did catch my husband listening to a couple Christmas songs last week and he will deny it to the grave.  And he’s the one that always wants to wait until after Thanksgiving.  Caught you sucker!)

Anyway, I hope all of you Halloween fans enjoyed your holiday yesterday.  I hope you (and your kids??) stuffed yourselves silly with candy and confections.  (How’s your sugar coma?  Mine’s wearing off nicely.)  I really hope you let loose and dressed up and enjoyed the magic and fun side of Halloween.  And because I wish we all lived on the same block and could have trick or treated to each other’s homes………here’s the next best thing.  A little highlight of some of the costumes some of YOU made.

A little Virtual Costume Parade.

I love the passion out there.  And I love some of the things your kiddos (and you) wanted to be. Cracked me up!

And visit here to see all of the costumes submitted by you readers to my flickr group.  (Click on “more pictures” to view all photos submitted.)

Go ahead and gawk all you want.  You guys are fantastic.

So adorable/witty/clever/cute/detailed, right?

Loved it.  All of it.

(Remember, there’s more here.)

So thanks for sharing and thanks for browsing.

Onto another month and even more holidays.  Eeeeeeeh, this time of year gets better and better.

Filed under Featured, Halloween Costumes, Holiday, Sewing

Comments

30 Responses to “Virtual Halloween Costume Parade 2011 (costumes submitted by readers)”
    Suzanne says:

I agree, boo hoo. I love this time of year with all the fun festivities. The only thing about one holiday being over, is that one is quickly following. Thanks for sharing all these fun costumes. It’s got me thinking about next year. Better get started on costumes!

The turtle and the nerd are cracking me up! I think my head may explode from all the cuteness!

lechelle says:

I know it’s too late but I just added my angry birds family picture to the flicker group. You have to forgive my tardiness, I’ve never joined a flicker group before.

Rachel says:

Hey, I know the Where’s Waldo family! They look so adorable–I love their costumes!

Shannon F says:

There are some brilliant ideas in that Flickr group! I love seeing everyone’s ideas!

I Luff that mushroom! Great post! =)

Taylor says:

Oh my gosh I’m in awe of the serious talent everyone has! I can’t believe how creative so many of those costumes were! I have to admit the Simpsons, The Viking Family and the Frankenstein family were my favorites but everyone did such an amazing job! I’ve gotta step it up next year!

Kirsten says:

Thanks for featuring my fairy and knight! there are some great costumes in your group!

Allison A says:

These are Awesome! Loved seeing my family (The Incredibles), too.

Here we are this year:http://freshlycompleted.blogspot.com/2011/11/happy-halloween-2011.html

mrsblocko says:

i love the pink haired my little pony Pegasus!! LOVE it!!!

Andrea says:

those are amazing! i love the little bo peep with her sheep! so cute!

Toni Miller says:

Love all the ideas! My girls were the Bo peep/sheep! All these cute ideas are making me think ahead for next year too :)

brianne says:

These are awesome! I went as Astrid from How to Train your Dragon (Top right photo) last year, and nobody knew who I was! Probably because I didn’t have a whole family of vikings with me (Context is everything!)

Heidi says:

Aww! What lovely costumes!! I LOVED the simpson family! I’m sad I didn’t upload mine. But maybe next year :)

I love all the cute ideas. I like the Where’s Waldo family and the Flintstones.

Chole says:

Thanks so much for featuring my little batman and robin! I had so much fun and I’m already brain storming ideas for next year!
    I adore the star wars costumes, on the list for next year for sure!

Emma says:

Wow! These are hilarious and wonderful… I wish more people celebrated Halloween here in Australia. We are the only house who decorates on our street (my husband is Canadian) and I took the neighbourhood kids trick-or-treating. We had so much fun.

Another family that loves Christmas music… so cute. Your husband reminds me of my husband! Can’t wait to craft through the holidays with you!

Melissa says:

Love the lawn gnome and the octopus! And Bo Peep and her two sheep were pretty cute too. Such an inspiration for next year! Halloween can’t come again too quickly.

Inge says:

I love the Vickings!!!!!!!!!!!

Spark*Amy says:

Just posted mine to the Flickr group. Awesome work everyone!!

Larissa says:

Thanks for showing off my three Super Heroes. All little boys love being superheros. The gathering of costumes was awesome. LOVED the Frankenstein family, puppy included!

Mindy says:

oh my goodness this post made me laugh. Great recap! I hope I remember to check back here next year for ideas!