Pacifier Pocket – (tutorial plus FREE pattern pieces)

I sewed up another project for The Sewing Republic (by Bernina), a while before we left Georgia……and they now have the project listed and ready for use.

Remember the others I have sewn for Bernina?

sewing projects

Ruffled Scarf, Snuggly Owl, Autumn Door Hanger

So, for today…….A Pacifier Pocket (cleverly named by Sewing Republic)

Since having another baby, I quickly remembered how much I hate losing pacifiers/binkies/paci’s.

This little pocket does the job.

I love having a clean place to store them too……….which is also very accessible.  Perfect.

I know you can find these little totes in the store…….but hey, why not make your own? In your favorite fabric.

Just un-snap, loop through a bag strap, and re-snap.  Ready to go.

You can throw it in the wash every now and then to keep it clean too.

Nice and easy and perfect for gift giving.

For the full Pacifier Pocket tutorial and free pattern pieces……….click here.

Afraid of using snaps? Click the image below for an easy snap tutorial.

. . . . . . . . . . .
This post is sponsored by:

Filed under Accessory, Baby, Children, Featured, Gift Ideas, Miscellaneous, Sewing

Comments

51 Responses to “Pacifier Pocket – (tutorial plus FREE pattern pieces)”
    colleen says:

just out of curiosity, what kind of diaper bag do you have? or did you make your own?

patricia says:

I absolutely love this project, it is so clever, prepared so thoroughly and just perfect. Thanks for preparing and sharing.

Bree says:

Love it! It would make a great cell phone holder too if the size is adjusted accordingly.

Milz says:

So I clicked on the owl tutorial and nothing comes up.
    I really wanna make it.
    I can get to the bernina site and then it tells me to download the pdf and it’s blank.
    Is there anywhere else this tutorial could be?

Sara says:

You know what I think? It would be great for my keys… I can just loop it on the strap of my bag instead of digging down looking for them. Thanks for the tute – on my list of things to make!

Colette says:

I’m going to use this idea for an MP3 player holder on my bag. That snap makes it easier to switch bags with it.

When I’m on a crowded train, its hard to reach my player, if I want to skip the song playing.

I made a little bag attachment for it already , but it was hastily crafted and not nearly as cute.

Jenette says:

I love love love this idea!!!! I am totally going to have to make some of these–for myself and for baby shower gifts!

Lisa says:

Very cute! Now I’m wondering why I registered for one when I can make my own! Thanks : )

Becky says:

Love it! Would using velcro be ok instead of snaps? I’m trying to do a whole “use what you have” kind of thing with sewing projects since I tend to go a little nuts at the fabric store :)

Deedra says:

I totally want to make one of these for my cell phone. I can’t tell you how many calls I have missed while fishing for my phone at the bottom of my purse (or pocketbook if you are in the South).

Laine says:

Great tutorial!! Will definitely be making this for my little girl coming in November! And I can use this idea for other things as well, so thank you!

And if you don’t mind…where did you get your diaper bag? Or did you make it? From what I could see it is SO cute!

Victoria says:

Okay, I’m trying to make the pacifier pocket and I’m completely stumped. How did you turn the strap right side out??? Did I mess something up?? The opening is so small and the strap is pretty long? What am I missing?? Thanks!!

Tiffany says:

That’s awesome! My diaper bag is also a JJ Cole and I bought the paci pod to go with it and I love it! I was wondering what you think about using iron-on laminate on the paci pocket so it could be easily sanitized, if need be. Would it be more difficult to sew or put the snaps on? Thanks!

Erika says:

Great tutorial! If only I had a little one who still used a pacifier….. This would also be a great gift! Oh and that diaper bag is pretty fabulous! ;-)

Amy says:

Thank you!! I’ve been needing one of these that isn’t hot pink for my new little guy. Since the law school budget deems it unnecessary – this is perfect, plus it forces me to sew. Win-win!

Ashley W. says:

Am I the only one who can never get the Bernina websites to display their content? I an so frustrated! I have been dying to make this for a new mom but can’t open the website to get the tutorial!!!!

Merry says:

I too cannot get the Bernina website to do anything. It just sits there…I do have dial-up tho :(. Is there any way to get it thru email. I love the projects on here, thanks! Ü

Courtney says:

I am so excited to make this for my sisters-in-law that are expecting! What a great idea!
    I looked through the tutorial, though and couldn’t find a place that said how much fabric is needed…1/2 yard total? Help!

Thanks!!

Rebecca says:

This is the best tutorial for a pacifier pocket that I’ve seen and boy have I been looking! I think I am going to try using some left over PUL(that I used for a wet bag) for the lining to keep the pacifier lint free.

Carley says:

I’m trying to figure out how you got the center strip and the main pieces to lay flat around the curves on the bottom. When I stitched mine together, they got gathered. Any advice?!

nancy winslow says:

would love to have this pattern thank you

SAMANTHA says:

I can not seem to be able to get the pdf for this project and I really wanted to make it :( cAN ANYONE HELP ME??

Amy says:

I am not seeing how the Center Strip can possibly be long enough…I am adjusting along the curve, but it still only comes to just over halfway. I don’t get it! Help!

Jess says:

My computer isn’t downloading this and it would be awesome to make for family….dang! You did an awesome job on this

Robin says:

Take a look at comment #4. The gal was having problems as well and there are some good suggestions. I had a problem too but was able to download using the helps. Look like the site is a little glitchy.

Samantha says:

I am having a ton of trouble downloading this pattern, too. I know it’s a couple years old, but does anyone have a copy of the PDF anymore? The original website seems to have taken it down?

Robin says:

• 25.1.1
        Samantha says:

I already gave that a shot earlier, and I googled around to see if anyone else had it. Nope! Just opted to freehand a pattern for myself. Thanks, though!