Father’s Day: Candy Filled Tie Pots

Yay for Father’s!

Growing up, my dad worked at an office job.  And at that office job, he wore a tie.  Oh, and on Sundays he would wear a tie to church.  So that means 6 days a week, my dad wore a tie.

Whew, that’s a lot of dressing up.

So, practically every time we would get my dad something for Father’s day……yep, you guessed it.  A new tie.

And good grief, he wore some ugly gifted ties from us back in the day.

Now, because of that, ties always come to mind for Father’s day.

Okay, this isn’t a real tie……..but there’s a tie slapped right on this candy pot for Father’s Day.

Ha.  Can’t get away from me, Father’s Day ties.

And mmmmm……what dad can resist their own little pot of candy?

(No, not pot of gold.  Pot of candy.  Pretty equal in my book.)

The celebratory Father’s Day tie. Nothing says “I Love You” more than that.  Right?

Would you like to make your own Candy Filled Tie Pot?

First, paint a terracotta pot (mine were 5 1/2 inches tall) …..and let dry completely. (I spray painted mine.)

Then, cut out a tie shape out of paper (here’s a pattern for mine if you need one).

Use your tie pattern piece to cut out a fabric tie piece and a felt tie piece.

Sew the fabric tie to the felt tie, stitching right around the edges.  (Use a big stitch length so that the two layers don’t shift so much.)

Then, hot glue the tie right to your painted pot.

Then hot glue a styrofoam ball down in the bottom of your pot.

Now, print out “Happy Father’s Day!” on cardstock, cut it out in a flag shape (if desired) and then glue it to the end of a shortened thin wooden dowel.  Glue the message to the dowel.

Stick the other end of the wooden dowel down into the styrofoam ball.

Then pour in the yummy treats.

And you’re set.

All ready to celebrate the Father’s in our lives.

Enjoy.

Filed under Featured, Gift Ideas, Holiday, Miscellaneous, No Sew, Sewing

Comments

51 Responses to “Father’s Day: Candy Filled Tie Pots”
    Tanyia says:

Ok…seriously? ADORABLE!!!

Nicole says:

Very cute and such a good idea

patricia says:

Simple, cute and within my budget, that’s what i call a perfect gift idea!

Stephanie says:

How simply adorable! Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea!

Helen G. says:

I will DEFINITELY have to try this one out! I was trying to find a good “desk” gift for my husband, something that will remind him of me and his children. My hubby is a pastor and he spends some serious time in the office, meeting with people, prepping for sermons, etc. And once in a while I bring the kiddos to “visit” him. That way, it’s not just a treat for my husband. The kids can enjoy the candy, too! Super cute. Thanks!

Danielle says:

I love this! I’m going to use it for a new missionary in our family as well! I’ll just switch up the tag a little. Love it!

Dawn says:

Love this idea. I can’t wait to do this.

Lori says:

Super cute and easy to make! He will love this!
    THANKS!!!

Mindy says:

Doesn’t he read the blog!? haha

Kendal says:

What an awesome idea… I just now wish my husband and I had kids because then I totally would make this for him! My dad is too far away for me to send this =( But I’ll totally remember if for a later Father’s Day! Thanks for the idea.

ashley says:

really darling, there are so many cute fathers day gift ideas going around, but this has to be one of my favorites
    thanks for sharing!!!

kachasek says:

great idea! so simple and looks really good :)

Tracy says:

My daughter (5) was looking at this with me and want to make it for her dad so badly! Thanks…daddy will love it!

Deb Westbury says:

My Dad said to send him candy for Fathers day as he did not need anything else(he is 71)…so this is a neat idea…he is a diabetic, so I can get some diabetic candy that will not melt and send it to him this way,,,Thaks for the idea…

Audra says:

Love this idea, Will have to do this for grandparents too. Thanks!

Wendi Bohn says:

Ashley, I miss talking to you! I love the new website and all your cute ideas. It is so fun that you are becoming so well known. When people talk about you I am so proud to say that we are related (well, you and Chad are related anyway)! Your little baby is so sweet! Chad had a nice visit with your parents last week and they said you’re moving soon. That is so exciting! Good luck and hopefully we can see you again someday and maybe some of your talent will wear off on me. I’m only good at starting IVs and boring stuff like that… Darn. Much love, Wendi

Irene says:

Lovely Idea!!! and perfect for my always tight budget… Muchas gracias amiga!

This is really cute! It was great meeting you in Dallas:-)

Sara says:

What a great idea. Very cute.

Marcela says:

Wow! I LOVE this! It’s incredible how creative you can be with simple things! Your blog is one of my favorites for sure! :) Thank you for sharing your ideas with us! XO

Morgan says:

I am definitely making a few of these!! Thanks for the great idea! By the way… I HEART the new look!!

Elesa says:

Oh, I love it. We agreed not to buy each other gifts for mother’s and father’s day, but this is the perfect little something I can throw together with stuff we have on hand. Cuz candy is always allowed!

Dacia says:

What a great idea! I better get started on Father’s day gifts :)

I love it! I’ve been looking for the perfect fathers day craft to do with the kids, and this beats them all! Thanks

Dreya! says:

Hey I love this blog!!! and all the little ties!!!

(but there’s no apostrophe needed in the last ‘fathers’: “All ready to celebrate the Father’s in our lives”. there’s no ‘day’ for the father to own so the possessive apostrophe is not necessary here! – i think you may have gotten carried away typing father’s day so often that you just kept right on with that dratted upside down comma…)

Thank you for sharing your SCRUMPTIOUS & DARLING tie pots. I included it in a round up of tie-riffic Father’s day ideas!

Amanda

Jill says:

Thanks for the fun ideas!

bella says:

awsome for my father!!

Lara says:

I’m going to make these with my Sunday School kids for Father’s Day. I teach 0-3yr olds so they can all fill the pots if nothing else.