Sewing with my patterns {plus a few on sale…}

Looking for the Incomparable Button giveaway?  Scroll down or click here.
. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Now that I have a little baby around again……I can’t help but make her baby booties.

And since these are soft and all fabric…….they’re nice and cozy for those little feet.
She loves them (or doesn’t mind them)…..and I love them.
Do you dare ignore the fact that those little baby tootsies are irresistible??
Those baby cheeks are pretty irresistible too.
(Felt Flower headband tutorial here)
These little booties were for Easter.  So what’s Easter without a sibling matching in some way? ;)
Her big brother got a matching tie.
(I asked my little guy if he wanted to take some pictures outside in his cool tie.  He looked at me and said, “No Fanks!  I’m playin’ wif my twucks!” Okay buddy, no biggee.)
Now I have have several more bootie variations in mind.
A baby’s gotta have a shoe collection too, ya know. :)
. . .

**Update: The $3 pattern sale is all sold out at Pick Your Plum.  Congrats if you got over there in time.
You can always find my patterns at their regular ‘ol price in my shop here.

Also, there’s a fun little deal going on today at Pick Your Plum, found here.
3 of my patterns are on sale for $3 a piece. Sold Out.
That’s a little more than half off of 2 of them…….but there are only a limited amount available.
Kind of a great excuse to pick one up and make a pair of Abigail Booties, a Little Guy Tie, or a Lily Skirt.
If you purchase one over at Pick Your Plum (here), you will be sent the PDF files immediately, so that you can get to work today.  And make several ties, a couple pairs of shoes, or a skirt for today tomorrow and the next day. Ha.
**Pick Your Plum is not set up to ship outside of U.S. and Canada (for limited items) because of shipping costs.  SO because of that, it states that these patterns can’t be shipped internationally.  If you are outside of the U.S./Canada, please contact Pick Your Plum and you can still order one. ([email protected])
And like always, you can find my patterns in my shop here.

[The Abigail Bootie pattern does not have directions to make the little ruffle shown on the booties here. To attach a ruffle, you could cut a strip of fabric that's twice as wide as the bootie, finish off the edges (I serged them), gather it up, then sew it to the top of the bootie before sewing the bootie top to the bootie bottom (you'll understand that while using the pattern).  Then sew a narrow strip of fabric right on top of the strip, and down the center seam, if desired.  Then put your bootie together as instructed on the pattern.]

You can always find my patterns at their regular ‘ol price in my shop here.

Time to munch on some chubby cheeks.

Comments

52 Responses to “Sewing with my patterns {plus a few on sale…}”
    Sam says:

I just got the Lily skirt….i'm so excited!!!!

Jeanniemb1 says:

I wanted to thank you for listing your Lily Skirt Pattern at a discount on Pick Your Plum. I have had my eye on it for a while, and $5 really is not that much, but $3 is always better, right? :-) I love your blog….you inspire me to make more beautiful things for my four girls.

Thanks again!!

Brenda Ginos says:

Yay! I have had my eye on those booties and that tie for the LONGEST time…the catch? We have no kids (yet) so I didn't want to get the patterns yet. But at $3? Yup, I'll splurge a little early :) I've got nieces and nephews to make things for, right? haha, just tell my husband that when he finds out that I bought MORE crafting supplies…I'm sure he'll just roll his eyes! Thanks again! Love your site!

Tara says:

I was all ready to order, but its only available to US residents. Bummer.

J A C Q U E L I N E says:

I like the ruffle you put on the baby shoes awesome!

Kandice says:

Bah! I've been wanting the patterns for the booties and the tie so bad…but for some reason Pick Your Plum doesn't work for me! It hasn't updated since last weekend, so I haven't been able to take advantage of any of their great deals this week.

Valerie@Occasionally Crafty says:

How fun! I was actually thinking to myself yesterday that I really wanted to order the Lily skirt pattern and give it a try. And then here it was on sale this morning! Now to go pick out my fabric…..

Mandy Coffey says:

okay missy you listen here! THOSE SHOES ARE ADORABLE! There is one problem. A) i just got my first sewing machine two months ago – so i'm not exactly pro yet and B) we are moving and i've already packed it up and shipped it to the new place! BAHHHHHH! So question for you, do you sell those cute shoes or just sell the pattern?

Janelle says:

Just got my little guy tie pattern! Perfect for my three little guys, I can't wait to make one (or five million!)

Rachel says:

I love the booties! I just bought and downloaded the pattern! I was reviewing it and maybe I am completely missing it, but I cannot find the pattern pieces that I am supposed to cut out..all I have are the directions for sewing them together…help! :)

Becki and Jeff says:

Darn it! I was so excited too! Pick your Plum doesn't have them anymore.

Tara, since they are generally only set up to ship within U.S. and Canada (because of shipping issues) their site automatically says that. But if you email them ([email protected])……you can receive your discounted pattern too.

And Mandy….hahaha, dang sewing machine! And sorry, I don't sew and ship out any of the items. SO sorry…..wish I had more time in my day to do so. But you hurry and move and crack open that sewing machine!! :)

Rachel – Let me find out for you. It should have been a separate file for the pattern pieces.

haley says:

I just got the Lily Skirt pattern and the Little Guy Tie pattern. I have twin boys and need some ties for church! They don't look quite complete in their white shirts without a tie. I think I will make a skirt for myself and matching ties for my boys! (Would it be hard to size down the Lily Skirt for my 5 year old daughter? Just grab one of her skirts for measurement, and then follow directions for the skirt assembly? See, I have learned so much from you!)

Jenny says:

I have never been excited about sewing before. I have never caught the fire—until now—after seeing the booties, tie and skirt. Suddenly, I had this wonderful desire to make such cute things. So, thank you for your website and inspiring ideas, seriously!

Huddyma says:

The tie is sold out! So bummed!!

Melissa @ It's Fancy Schmancy says:

I am soooo sad! I had the little tie and shoes in my shopping cart and by the time I had all my email and credit card info put in, they were gone! I have wanted the tie for a long time!

I love all the fun stuff you create.

Becki and Jeff says:

I'm ok. I just got the Lily skirt pattern. I feel a little better. I wish I purchased the tie pattern and the Abigail pattern sooner.

Adam and Ashley says:

Boo! I missed it! I was wanting the booties! :( sigh.

There was a little glitch in sending out the 2 files for the Tie and the Bootie pattern……you received the instructions, but probably not the pattern pieces. Pick Your Plum is working quickly to ship out your other file. So sorry about that. (The Lily skirt only has one file…..so that one's not a problem.)

And I'm sorry they're all sold out. Wow, that was fast! :)

Now, I want to see some pictures of your finished items! :)

Maggie says:

Awww, bummer! I wanted the lily skirt and tie pattern so bad! Any way you'd wanna put them on sale in your shop? (hint, hint) You do such amazing stuff! You have more classy creativity than anyone I know!

Debra says:

I just ordered two patterns but don't see anything about a download. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help!

Emily S. says:

Wow! All sold out! I thought that getting there within 90 minutes would have been quick enough. I'm going to echo Debra comment :-)

Tiffany says:

I was totally going to buy the tie pattern to make my boys matching ties for father's day! SO glad I waited. You just made my day!

Debra says:

Well it didn't state that it was sold out when I purchased it, and I have a receipt sent to my inbox with an order #, and it was definitely charged to my bank already, so I'm just not sure how I actually get the product?

Ang & Ron says:

I was SO excited to see your patterns pop up on my pick you plum early email. I bought all 3 right up. Can't wait to start the booties…….and the skirt……and the tie. Thanks so much.

Debra, you must have caught them at the tail end of the inventory of patterns. I'm sure they will still send you your pattern. Email Pick Your Plum ([email protected]) and let them know what happened and I'm sure you'll get your pattern quickly! :)

Powers Fam says:

I missed out on the sale! That's what I get for staying in bed too long and then vacuuming before getting on the computer. But I treated myself for vacuuming and bought the Lily Skirt from your page. A girl has to have a carrot too to get her work done. Thanks for easy and cute patterns!

Makenzie says:

I just want to kiss those baby cheeks!!What a darling baby! She is beautiful and I will be making those booties when I have babies! Thank you for sharing your creativity! You have beautiful Children!

Kendra and Eric Lafferty says:

Your little girl is SO adorable. Her and these cute booties make me want a little girl! My little guy is only 3 months though haha so better hold off for a while. :) I want to make a lil guy tie. First I need to acquire a sewing machine…

Jennifer says:

I was super excited to see you on Pick Your Plum today! I literally jumped out my seat today when I saw your name. Unfortunatly the tie sold out before I could click on it. But that's okay! I love your blog and your creations. :0)

CoconutKate says:

Ugh!!! Of all the days to have doc appointments etc! *sigh*

Not to be sarcastic–but how do you sell out of a PDF?

Lindsey says:

Missed the deal, but purchased your bootie pattern about a month ago and I LOVE it! Now I have to try the ruffle detail, adorable!!

Anonymous….haha, nope, PDFs don't sell out. I get what you're saying though. But if I sold an unlimited supply of them for that price…..then I might as well adjust the price permanently and sell them all at the lower price. We had to limit how many were sold so that I wasn't being undersold completely. There's a lot of work that goes into a pattern but selling them makes all the work worth it. Just like a department store sells out of something…..they could probably get more, but they're only offering a select amount at the great deal. And once they're gone, they're gone. I just did it for fun…..and I wish I could have given them all away for free. But that's my little business that helps me pay for crafting and supplies. Whew, the list goes on. But I guess the rest of my blog has tons of free tutorials…..so hopefully that makes up for it. :)

Viviana says:

so so so cute and I love this booties. I like it!!
    Hugs from Italy

Gigglestuff says:

Super cute little girl. Congrats! And them booties are super cute, as well as the Lil Guy Tie! Nice work, I like seeing your crafts :-)))

Matt & Corrine says:

I can't believe how fast they sold out! I went on at 8:30am and they had sold out 30 minutes earlier. That's amazing. Bummed that I missed the shoes and tie – I already have your skirt pattern. Let us know if you do it again!

ButtonMad says:

Sweetest little baby girl…oooh she looks like such a cuddle bunny…love the booties…
    .and oh we love your blog…

Michele says:

Your little boy is so polite! Love the baby shoes!

Janae says:

Beautiful shoes for a beautiful baby!

whiterabbit says:

sooo adorable! you and bubba are so lucky to have each other!

Abbi says:

Your baby is so precious! My 3 year old son who has a 9 month old sister loves to look at pictures at her :) He says "She is beautiful. I love her eyes,… her tummy, her cheeks. Can I see her toes? Please!" Hahaha.. those baby booties are precious, though my son thinks her tootsie wootsies are probably more so. :)

The Deelo Family says:

The shoes are so cute. I love the ruffle across the toe. One suggestion…I made some for my baby for Christmas and didn't want the seam on the inside, so, at the suggestion of someone (someone named Robin Hall, who responded to my question on another blog), I made them sort of like you make your bags or pouches (electronic cover, I think). I put together the whole outside and the whole inside separately and then put them together like your lined pouches, only needing to handstitch (with your blind stitch tutorial suggestions) a few stitches near the heal. All smooth inside for the baby tootsies!

What is the beautiful fabric?

Aundre says:

I will be putting this daizlzng insight to good use in no time.

Erica says:

Hi! What do you use for the lining on these booties? They look so much more comfortable than other booties!:]

craftyjules says:

Adorable shoes! And the pattern is so easy to follow. See the ones I made here: http://craftyjules.weebly.com/1/post/2011/12/cloth-baby-shoes.html

Thank you!

Simona says:

Thank You so much for the bootie pattern. I purchased it couple weeks ago. I already made three pairs. They are adorable! The directions are easy to follow and it’s something I can’t stop making…. :-) Thanks

melissa says:

what size does the bootie pattern make. Just got a sewing machine but dd is 6-9 months with size 3 feet :-)