Do you want to see what my handwriting looks like?

First of all, glad that Blogger’s back up.  Who pushed the wrong button over at the Blogger office?  Haha.  Did you have problems with your blog today too?  And another thing, where in the world is my post from yesterday?  It’s gone, gone, gone.  Weird.  Maybe it will show up later…
Looking for the Incomparable Buttons giveaway?  Scroll down or click here.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Okay, onto the whole handwriting thing.
Have you heard of Amanda from the blog, Kevin & Amanda, found here?  I’m sure you have.  She has a rockin’ site full of free fonts that are all adorable and great to use when you need a little spice added to your list of fonts.  But she also makes delicious recipes, takes gorgeous photos, and is like the goddess of all things scrapbooking.
Amanda contacted me a bit ago to submit my handwriting for a project she was working on.  She wanted to gather the handwriting of several different bloggers, and offer them in a free downloadable bundle…….but all for a great cause.   Amanda lives in Alabama (my neighbor state) and has seen a lot of destruction and heartache from the recent tornado destruction.  She created this special round-up of fonts in hopes that if you enjoy them, that you might consider donating to Toomer’s for Tuscaloosa:
Toomer’s For Tuscaloosa has organized an all volunteer state-wide effort to provide food, shelter, clothing to thousands of people around Alabama affected by the April 27th Tornadoes. We will not rest until every person affected by this tornado has access to the assistance they need.
To donate, click here.
And to read more about Amanda’s thoughts about the unfortunate events and her desire to help out, click here.
. . .

Anyway, I agreed to help out and submit my handwriting for the project……but with reservations .
What reservations?
Well, I don’t have the greatest handwriting. In fact, my husband Steve has better handwriting than I do.  But maybe that doesn’t count because he has freaky good handwriting, for a boy.
(And I totally say that with junior high sarcasm!!)
And since I can’t change my font here in my post (or don’t know how to), I’m going to go write a message in my new font in a word document, change it to an image, and then upload it here.
Okay, be right back.

Alright, here’s my message for you.
In my own font/handwriting.
Like I’m passing you a note in grade school.  Ha.

Woo-wee, I totally got a kick out of that. ((squeal))

And believe you me, I would never be offended for one minute if no one ever used my font.

But please check out all 11 handwriting fonts from a collection of bloggers, here.

The other fonts are all fabulous.  I can’t believe some people actually write that way.
Like…….perfect. All the time.  Should I be practicing now?  I have handwriting idols now!

[Next time, I'm going to cheat and have Steve write it out, and then claim it as my own. ;)]

Oh, and aren’t these ‘Our Best Bites’ doodles (by Sara) fantastic?  You get them in the font bundle too.

If you need help using the fonts or need to know how to download them, click here.
And if you want to use your new fonts in your Blogger Post Titles, click here.
Anyway, thanks to Amanda for working so hard to create a great collection of fonts (minus the 5th grader font….heh, heh!!) for such a worthy cause.  You are lovely inside and out.
And again, my thoughts/prayers are with those who are suffering from the aftermath of the tornadoes in Alabama and Georgia.
. . .
Now, go enjoy your weekend!

Comments

26 Responses to “Do you want to see what my handwriting looks like?”
    Jenny says:

I think your handwriting is adorable and definitely not as "messy" as mine!!

D and G Stories says:

I read a message from blogger this morning that many, many posts were deleted as a result of the problems they were having, so they are "working on" bringing them back. Hopefully "working on" doesn't mean "not" bringing them back! Sorry, not much help I guess. :)

Have a great weekend! :)

Sarah Joy says:

haha, I LOVE your handwriting! I think it is unique & fun. I'd love to have it as a font…

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking says:

The blogger thing was so strange! It was down for a long time!

Your handwriting is adorable, and so creative looking. Mine is never the same and changes depending on the pen I use. What a fun thing she is doing, and for a good cause!

Cat says:

That's so cute! I love your handwriting – I've been typing instead of writing so long mine is completely illegible :p

Lacretia says:

I think your handwriting is so cute! Several of my disappeared too, so here's to hoping they get them back up soon!

Miss M! says:

Your handwriting sample literally made me laugh out loud. I scared the dog!

The Blogger thing was due to a bad widget. They tried to fix it, and ended up messing up the whole system. What should have only lasted an hour ended up being almost two days. They basically had to do a "system restore" which took everything back to the way it was on Wednesday before the trouble started. That's why everything after Wednesday disappeared. They say it will be back, but I'm not holding my breath.

. says:

I can honestly say that your handwriting is by FAR the cutest! I might even go use it on my blog…Super cute! : )

Linda Chapman says:

I love it!! Wish I could do that!

Ihilani says:

you have SUCH cute handwriting Ashley! I would be HAPPY to have your penmanship. Such a great idea!

MotherMay says:

I think that your handwriting is cute :) Mine looks like a 8 year old boys hehehe! I wanted to send you a little message of thanks for this post, I live in northern Alabama and were my family has been very fortunate I know many of my friends and family are not. Much love and thanks

Just discovered your blog today and I love it! every thing it so cute and so doable. thanks!

Chelsea says:

My blog deleted my last post too! I'm hoping it comes back because it was a long one and I didn't save any of it!
    Hope yours returns as well!
    Chelsea

Heather says:

I think my handwriting is messy too…but I have to agree with many of the previous comments. Your handwriting is very cute! I do some graphic design from home and can already think of several ways to use it! Thanks for the links!

Jasmine says:

Your handwriting is not messy! You should see mine… if yours looks like a 5th grader mine must look like a toddlers…

whiterabbit says:

Oh wow, you all have really nice handwriting! I doubt anyone will do this with my scribble any time soon… I always say it looks like a drunken spider wobbling across the page.

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery says:

Oh that was so much fun playing with on my computer! Your handwriting is definitely not messy. Mine is a lot worse, and sometimes looks like my dad's!

Nursemom says:

Seriously, your handwriting is great. I used to practice ;just to TRY to get it that good. Mine is horrible. And my husband has freaky good handwriting too. Much better than mine and not jsut for a boy. I'd buy your font

mommymonster says:

Love it! All the blogger fonts are great.

Dan and Katie says:

if I had to guess…I would say that is my handwriting…so I LIKE it!

Bethany says:

I love Kevin and Amanda! And what a great cause!

HeatherKate says:

I love Kevin and Amanda, and I looove your font! I wanted to share a little something I did with it: http://scraporchard.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=98953&title=not-just-my-battle&cat=977

aj says:

that is amaZing! and i think ur handwritting is adorably cute!! :) thanks for the great tutorials

Edie says:

I like your handwriting. Now… mine is messy! heh

Kate says:

I thought your handwriting was some cutesy handwriting font until I scrolled down. : P My handwriting looks exactly like my brothers, at least my dad had that neat tiny engineer scrawl. lol!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...