Ruffled Scarf for SEWING REPUBLIC

Adjusting to our third child has been a lot different than I thought it would be.
I guess people are right when they say the 3rd one’s a charm.  This new little baby in our home has been so sweet and mellow…….which is so different from the first two.  [So don't worry, I paid my sleepless-nights-because-they're-eating-every-2-hours and fussy-evening-hour dues with them.] But this dear baby girl just rolls with it all and even quietly endures all of the extra noise and curious toddler fingers all over her.  Things may change (and I’m sure they will), but for now, she is her momma’s daily dose of loveliness!
So if you have emailed me and I haven’t responded, or left a comment and are still waiting for a response……………you can most certainly assume that it’s because I’m on the couch cuddling our new little one.  I can’t help myself.  Or maybe I’m stealing a quick nap while everyone else is resting.  Ahhhhh!
But if you’re interested in checking in to see new projects, I saved up a few projects from before she was born.  (While others usually stockpile freezer meals, I stockpiled projects.  Ha!)  So I have several projects waiting to be posted over the next several weeks…….that have been waiting their turn to be shared.  And that new knitting series (found here)……are you in love?  I am in awe of that Rebecca and the fact that she is posting her knitting series right now, is the perfect timing.  So no worries, I’m not staying up until 3am working on projects just for fun.  I had all the fun about a month ago.  It’s all that nesting/planning ahead during February that helped me out!  So even though I’m posting projects and new ideas, doesn’t necessarily mean I’m at the computer to answer questions.  But no worries, I’ll be back up to speed soon.  (And I have a little helper, Nikki, sending out patterns from my shop.  So don’t worry, those are still being sent out on time if you purchase one.  Thanks Nikki!!)

~Ashley
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Remember how I have made a few projects for Bernina’s Sewing Republic?
(Click here and here to jog that memory…)
Well, I completed another project for them a little while ago and they have now added it to their site.
A simple little ruffled scarf.
Okay, are you having deja vu?  Yes, it the same ruffled scarf style that I made and gave away before Christmas (from here).
Many of you asked for a tutorial back then and I mentioned that a tutorial would be coming out.
Well, you can now find the full tutorial over on the Sewing Republic, here.
The scarf shown below was made with a really light cotton and is a great accessory for spring.
But you can always save the idea and make a heavier scarf next fall.  (Or maybe some of you are still snowed in with 4 feet of snow out your front door and you’re still wearing boots, gloves, and heavy scarves……then you’ll need a nice flannel one, like, pronto!)
Either way you make it, and however you tie it around your neck, you’re bound to love having a ruffly little scarf draped around your neck.  It really is that fun.

Enjoy!

Filed under Accessory, Clothing, Gift Ideas, Miscellaneous, Sewing, Women's Clothing

Comments

42 Responses to “Ruffled Scarf for SEWING REPUBLIC”
    Pam - diy Design Fanatic says:

This scarf is so cute! The fabric is perfect! Love it!!!

Krissy says:

very nice! I love scarfs too, could where them all year round :)

I am the same with the babies, My last baby is now 2 1/2 and I cant stop cuddling with him, while I should be working!

tarabrose says:

I love these scarves, the look so "Springy".

Its Sew For You says:

I agree on the third time is the charm, my first two were very needy babies, making me not look forward to that stage again, but #3 at 5 months is still a perfect angel, like you said, content with the extra noise and curious toddler fingers!

Karen G. says:

So pretty! And, praise God for a sleeping, mellow baby! My first isn't so much, which is why she's a "first" and "only" for now, anyway! Keep those pictures coming!

Also–where did you get the green shirt with the scarf? I love the sleeves!

Andrea says:

Yes, beautiful scarf and where is the green shirt from? I’d love to make one like it too, it compliments the scarf, or maybe the other way around… :) Congrats!

Alisa says:

So glad your baby is doing wonderfully! My third was also an easy, happy baby.

Rachel says:

The scarf is very cute!

Kiana says:

Hooray! I loved this scarf when you posted it at Christmas time! I can't wait to make some! Thank you!

Shanna says:

This scarf is so pretty!! Can't wait to try it!

I keep trying to talk my husband into a third child, but he thinks total chaos will ensue…I will refer him to your post!!

Shanna

virginiamae says:

Very cute! I love ruffles ;-)

*Michigan Momma* says:

*Love it* Especially the blue one ~ not sure I could do a pattern around the bust area (already enough BUST there, don't need the extra draw of a pattern- ha!), but the blue is so nice and calming ~ plus the ruffles are just cute!

Thanks for sharing a tutorial~

reasonstoskipthehousework says:

So fabulous! I'd love for you to link up at my new Tuesday Time Out!

Smiles,
    Melanie

Kristen says:

Enjoy your mama time! My maternity leave was waaaay too short with my now 6 month old. Your baby is super cute! You made it, now love it as much as you can :)

Chrystal's Corner says:

Our 3rd child was born 9 months ago and has proven to be our easiest and most laid back as well. I think it is a combination of things that create this but we are just soaking him in in a way I don't think we were quite able to with the first two. Enjoy, it just keeps getting better!

Chelsea says:

Loooove it! It's so cute! I'm making this as soon as I can! I'm a bit of a scarf freak :)

lilsamples says:

I am so excited for this tutorial! I've been waiting for it ever since you did your giveaway. Thank you so much!

Annessa says:

Everybody deserves an angel baby, at least one.
    Fabulous scarf! I can't wait to make it. One question: how much yardage is required? I couldn't quite find it in the tutorial. Could just be that it's too late to be checking blogs, but I just had to. Keep it up!

JulieBGreen says:

I like the feminine print of this scarf, very pretty! Congrats on your new little one! My 4th seems to be the most laid back-except when it comes to sleeping, he just wants to sleep snuggled up next to me. Which is fine most of the time, until I want a shower or to make dinner, lol!

Fernanda says:

Good idea
    I'll try to make one for me.

Jaci says:

I love the scarf and all your ideas. I really REALLY like the green dress. Where did it come from?

Jodi says:

Nice… I am that super cool friend of yours that has been checking your OTHER blog and didn't know you had a baby!! I am sorry to be such a bad friend. (Sigh) But congrats!! I am so excited for your little family. She is beautiful!We love you!
    (Of course- your scarves are darling too)

patsy lautenslager says:

I TEAACH SEWING AT THE BRAILLE INSTITUTE IN RANCHO MIRAGE AND HAVE STUDENTS WITH VARIOUS AMOUNTS OF VISION. I AM LEGALLY BLIND MYSELF. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR PROJECTS BUT IT IS IMPOSSIBL ETO PRINT MOST OF THEM FOR A CLASS BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY TO PRINT WITHOUT RSUNG A REAM OF PAPER WITH ALL THE COMMENTS.. AM I MISSING SOMETHING OR TOO BLIND TO SEE A PRINT ICON THAT TWILL JUST PRINT THE PATTERN
    IT IS A SONDERFUL THING TO POST ALL THE BEAUTIFUL PAATTERNS AND WITH 4 TOTALLY BLIND STUDENTS IN MY CLAS I APPRECIATE ALL THE THINGS I CAN INTRODUES PATTERNS THAT ARE USER FRIENDLY ENOUGH . THERE IS SUCH A GREAT AMOUNT OF LOVE AND APPRECIATION FROM THE STUDENTS IT MAEKS ME WANT TO FIND MANY THINS TO MAKE AVAILABLE TO THEM
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR WEBSITE,AND IF THERE IS A WAY TO PRINT I AM MISSING PLEASE ADVISE ME
    PAT LAUTENSLAGER

patsy lautenslager says:

WE USE BERNINA SEWING MACHINES IN MY CLASSES AND THE STUDENTS LOVE THEM .THE TOTALLY BLIND ESPECIALLY ENJOY THE SEAM GUAGE THAT IS AADJUSTABLE . IT IS SO WONDERFUL TO SEE THE CONFIDENCE BUILD IN THE STUDENTS WHEN THETARE COMFORTABLE WWITHE THE SEWING MACHINES

I just need to say that I love your site! It is sooooo helpful! I have never been a “sewer” but have been interested in it. My mom got me a sewing machine a couple years ago and I have used it more in the past 2 months than ever before! Thanks so much for all the awesome tutes and tips!!!

Deanna says:

Made the scarf. Love it! Your name is perfect. It precisely describes how I feel about this project. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lindsay says:

Hi there! Have just recently found your blog thru pinterest and I love your style! And your tutorials are so easy to follow — I’ve made 2 of your scarves already! I do have a question about this particular scarf, though, before I start:
    Why do you sew the main long piece completely before you sew on the ruffles? You must have stiches on the back of the scarf as you sew the ruffles on…why wouldn’t you sew the ruffles on the front piece first, and then sew the 2 long pieces together so as not to see the seams on the back? Does it add stability maybe? I’m a fairly new sewer so maybe I’m missing something. Would love your feedback! Thanks!

Stephanie says:

Hi there. LOVE your blog!! I wanted to know if I should use the same tutorial for the blue scarf as the floral? The floral one looks complicated!

It’s the same exact tutorial. Maybe it’s just the print of the fabric that may be throwing you off?? Good luck!

• 28.1.1
        Stephanie says:

Okay, I will try it. You have inspired me. I have been repurposing all day! I have been surprised at what I came up with! My girls are so excited. :) Thanks for a wonderful blog.

Jowyn Jenson says:

I LOVE this scarf. Thanks for tute. Can’t wait to make it. Great blog by the way ! :)

Heather says:

You should sell these ruffled scarves on Etsy! I would buy one!