Goodbye…

No, not me.  I’m not going anywhere.  But my mom sure did.
Ooooh, I’m going to miss having her around.  She sure did a lot of helping, loving, and spoiling while she was here.  And I can’t tell you how many times she read my kids books throughout the day, made and cleaned up meals, or just sat and gave me a pep talk about taking 3 kids, ages 4 and under, to the grocery store. ((shudder))
Having another baby has taught me something though:
Taking a picture with 3 wiggly monkeys is harder than it was with 2. (At least Grandma kept smiling.)
Grandma quickly calmed those itty bitty baby tears though.
Thanks for coming Grandma.  Dinner time will never be the same without you here.  (Or my bathrooms. Ha!)
. . .
And let me share with you why my husband has nicknamed this sweet baby, “Cheeks”!
Just look at those squishy things.  I know you’re reaching through the screen to pinch ‘em.  Caught you. Ha!
I’m sure glad she doesn’t mind several thousand kisses a day, per cheek.  Patient child.
. . .
Okay, enough about grandmas and babies and smooching on cheeks.
I have to brag about some of you for a minute.
Some of you have been hard at work……..and I love it.
These are random photos from the Make It and Love It flickr group found here.
Oh, you haven’t visited the flickr group yet?
(It’s a photo group where you can add images of the projects you have made, that were made from tutorials over here on Make It and Love It.)
So, get on over there and check it out…….and then add photos of your own work for everyone to see.

So, the photos below are your images, not mine. So lovely.

Beautiful, right?
Great work to all of you.
(I wish I had room to insert all of your projects in this post.)
And thanks for sharing.

Comments

34 Responses to “Goodbye…”
    Deb says:

Oh, my goodness! How on earth did you make your pictures move??

Lil Mama Stuart says:

ha, love the animated photo series and the craziness of trying to get three kids to look decent in one picture!

Diana Joy says:

I love kissing my granddaughter's cheeks and neck. Cute photo show you shared. I think you are a whiz to do that. how?

Sarah @ The Bird's Papaya says:

Love the animated pictures! DO TELL!

Karena says:

Oh too too sweet, I love this post!

I have a new giveaway up I think you will love…from The Zhush!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

Melody says:

Your mom is beautiful! Please tell her!

Cherie@DragonfliezCreationz says:

Gorgeous and I wasnt trying to pinch those cheeks I was just gonna give sweeet little nibbles like I did with my kids.
    Love the Pictures. i have some of my daughter screaming as a photographer was desperate trying to get decent pictures. 15 minutes of a screaming toddler was all we got.

Michele N says:

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to get easier to get that perfect picture from 3 kids as they get older. Mine are 10-14 and in all the pictures I have of the 3 of them, there are probably only a handful that all of them are looking the direction they should and smiling. :o) But that's okay because they are showing their true personalities. And yes, I wanted to pinch those cheeks. lol

Rags to Stitches says:

She is so adorable!! I want to snuggle those cheeks too! I miss my kids being that little. Love your blog!

Jill says:

awww…Cuteness!

Anne says:

Stop it. You're making me want to have another baby. And not just a baby, but a girl baby. :o)

Thanks again for the stroller bag tutorial…seeing that project made me want to get back into sewing! :o)

Mrs.Danielle.Warren says:

Ooo, I can't wait for the "his & hers apron" tutorial!

Alaina says:

You seriously had me going when I first saw "Goodbye." I was ready to start a petition! :)
    Yes, I love those little cheeks!

Melissa says:

Eeep! Those are my pillows me & my friend made together for her new house! Of course we got our inspiration from Make it & Love it!

sarahkathill says:

Your lovely baby girl sure takes after your beautiful mother, doesn't she! Your family is gorgeous.

Genevieve says:

thanks again for the apron tutorial- my parents loved their late chrismtas gift. i love everything you share!! and those cheeks are just too kissable- makes me want our baby boy to be here now! june is too far away :)

Jenn and Kylann says:

I want to know how you do that with your pictures moving too! Share the secret! Please? :o)

Your mom is a very pretty lady.
    Kathy

Leanne says:

Here's how I go shopping with 3 little kids (and one on the way): ages 6 and under….I go alone. Or mostly alone. When they are in bed, or when DH can watch them while I shop. Or I take only 1 when the others are in school/preschool. When there's a will, there's a way!

omg so sorry for your loss.

Hedi says:

Look at these eyes… Gorgeous and so sweet!

Emily - Family and Life in Las Vegas says:

So cool! You have to tell me how you made them animated!
    Cheeks is adorable! As is the rest of your gorgeous family!
    Love the fan photos too!!

Tiffany says:

Love it all! I have seen people post pics of them moving and always wonder how it's done, maybe you could do a tutorial on that!?

Braden and Cheri says:

take it slow, but it is possible to grocery shop with three, four and under. But you'll find a new love of shopping late at night by yourself.

I'm trying to prep myself to shop with four, five and under. Maybe we'll just eat rice and beans for a year…

Rachel says:

I too had to shop with 3 children, 4 and under. I would put the baby in the Ergo and then push the other two in a cart. Just don't be like me and wait to tighten the upper straps of the Ergo and leave the baby kinda hanging while you slam the back of the van shut because you might slam it on her forehead. And then, while she is screaming dig around for something to put on her head (a cold water bottle is all I had) drop the bottle, bend over to pick it up and slam the back of her head on the grocery cart. And… still decide to go shopping because HEY! I got everyone dressed (mainly my post preg body) and bags(diapers and bribery snack foods) ready to go and we are going shopping because I will not start this all over again tomorrow!
    You can do it! :)

The Apron Lady says:

Gorgeous!

Aubrey says:

Oh man! I hate taking 2 kids to the store…much less three! Yikes!!!

Marcy says:

You can do it!! I am there with you my kids being 4, 3, and 4 months… Every time I go to the store with all three of them I hear "You sure have your hands full!" As if I didn't know it already :)

Brittney Wood says:

I have 2 kids, 6 and 3, and one on the way, due in May, so I look forward to being outnumbered everywhere I go…I HAVE A REQUEST…I really want to make one of those snuggly hammock things (I wish I knew what they are called) that go over the shoulder, across the chest and carry your baby. They look like they are all one piece of material sewn in a circle but there has to be more to them than that. I would love it if you could do a tutorial for one of those!!! Congrats on the adorable little one by the way!!

Golden Ratio says:

I think I recognize your mother. Did she serve an LDS mission in New Jersey in 2004? I was serving in Jersey City when she arrived. She is amazing!

Jennifer says:

Wow!!! There's the vest I made! Not as good as yours…but THANKS for sharing it!!! That has never happened to me before!!

dkdoucette says:

Is there a tutorial or pattern for purchase for the pink carseat cover I see?? I NEED to know! SSSSOOOOOOO CUTE!!!

Yep, the car seat cover tutorial is found here: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/02/recovering-baby-car-seat.html

Have fun!

Kylee says:

I love the animated picture, how did you do that?