The Official How-I-Know-It’s-the-Last-2-Weeks-of-Pregnancy List…

Looking for the $100 Target Gift Card giveaway?  Scroll down or click here.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

My mind and body change a lot during the last 2 weeks of pregnancy (well, maybe the last month).  I do weird things, say strange things, and my body and emotions are not my own.
It’s the weirdest thing.
Here’s what going on right now……which only makes me remember that I am down to the last 2 weeks of this pregnancy.
  • I have an extra hard time making the good choice between 2 options such as these:
  • Messes under the table tend to stay there.  Under the table.  (and couch…)
  • I correct people when they say “Oh, now you’re down to 2 weeks left?” And I say, “No, a week and a half.”  (I even annoy myself after that comes out of my mouth.)
  • The lotion bottle runs out about 5 times faster than normal.  There’s a lot of belly to lube up.
  • I lay my head down out of complete exhaustion, and fall asleep at random places.  Even in the car, while I’m in the driver’s seat, but I’m at the stop light waiting.  (Okay, that only happened once, but it scared the crazies out of me. Wow, I had to get home fast.)
  • Holding new fresh baby diapers, leads to holding the diaper up to my chest, snuggling it, and patting it like it’s on my baby’s little bum.  Ooooh, I love imagining a freshly diapered little baby up to my chest.  Ahhhhhhh……
  • People stop me at the store and ask me, “How—?”, where I quickly cut them off at ‘How’ and respond with, “Any day now!”  Who knows what there were going to ask.  But I always just assume they were going to ask how much longer.  But maybe they were going to ask something simple like, “How are you today?”  Maybe that’s why I get funny looks sometimes. Oh well, I keep walking along…
  • Dinner time suffers.  Food prep rarely gets past this stage during the last 2 weeks of pregnancy.  Enough said, right?
  • While sitting, I often place one fist behind my back and lean back against the chair/sofa, pushing on the jabbing knot that always appears on the lower left side, as my babies get heavier and heavier. Feels so much better with that fist in my back.
  • Random things make me cry.  Like these 2 videos below that I watched yesterday.  They’re not sad.  Or overly emotional in any way.  But for some reason, they make me happy, and that makes me cry.  Within seconds of pressing play.  (My husband always laughs.)
The Canadian Tenors below were guests on Oprah and they had no idea a surprise visitor (someone they adored) was coming out to sing with them.  The reaction is priceless. And waters my eyes right up.
(Turn up your volume.)

And then this one.  It’s weird that it evokes such emotion in me…….but the whole setup, the surprise, the love I have for this song……..all of it.  It gets my last-2-weeks-of-pregnancy-emotions all riled up.
(Turn up your volume.)
The last official way that I know there must be less than 2 weeks left in my pregnancy…..
  • I start losing things under my belly……….
……………but they eventually surface at some point, and greet me with a hello.
This baby sure feels ripe and ready.
Just hoping she appears sooner rather than later.

Comments

142 Responses to “The Official How-I-Know-It’s-the-Last-2-Weeks-of-Pregnancy List…”
    Louise says:

Gosh you forget how small newborn nappies are and how lovely they look, until they are second hand nappies then they are not so appealing! Good luck on the next week or so and hope its sooner rather than later……

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic says:

Hi Ashley,
    Your belly is beautiful:)

My sister used a tiny baby diaper as her inspiration when she was in labor with her third child. When things got rough she would ask for the tiny diaper and would hold tightly to it, imagining a fresh new baby in it.

I little tip for your back? Put a tennis ball in a sock(or a few depending on where the pain is) and place that behind you when you sit down. That has worked for several women I know. Tennis balls are also great if you have back labor:)

I pray that your last "week and a half" go by super quickly!!!

Jessie Mae says:

I got a newborn diaper at the OBGYN yesterday and did the same thing and cried. You are not alone :)

Betsy says:

I'm a new follower, and I'm loving all your photos! (and super cute ideas). This post if phenomenal :-P

Shayna says:

OH goodness. i have 2 weeks and 3 days……. so i know exactly how you are feeling! the funniest thing is correcting people saying 'no a week and half' i have caught myself doing that too!! good luck to you and the little one!!

Kristen says:

I'm only six months pregnant and I'm already losing things under my belly! I haven't seen my toes in two months! My hubby cooks three times more often than I do and I've given up cleaning anything lower than knee level…this mama doesn't bend. Your tummy is sure adorable and so are your babies! Hope your little one comes soon.

Leslie L says:

I've got 2 weeks to go before baby #3 gets here, and I laughed my way through this post. You nailed it! And the sound of music performance also makes me ridiculously- have to cry- happy!
    Good luck with the next week and a half!

Sarah Seibert says:

Can't wait to see her. Im not due for 11 weeks and am getting to a similar point. Lets hope it flies by

Alfa4bravo says:

What a great post! Thanks for sharing your emotions. I have no experience with babies (and as you may guess – pregnancies), but after such stories i start to think that babies – and pregnancies – are not so scary as they seem. :)

Kristi says:

After 6 babies I totally understand. One tip – I used rolled up socks (usually my husbands – they make the biggest roll) or a rolled towel with a rubber around it instead of my fist – but then my arms started falling asleep I sat like that so much – and on my last baby I was doing that for the last 3 months – but then she was 23.5 inches long and 9 lbs 2 oz at birth – 2 weeks before her due date! Good Luck!! Almost there!

Heather says:

oh gosh! jealous… i have 8 weeks left!! but i totally get your feeling…i despise the end of pregnancies. no fun. and so ready to be over it! good luck on your upcoming delivery!

Amanda says:

I read your blog everyday and am a huge fan! We have the same due date, I am due with #2:) I read your blog post today and couldn't stop laughing….I am doing the exact same crazy things! Congratulations and good luck to you. Thank you for all of the great blog posts!

Amanda

Jaclyn says:

I can totally relate! I'm having a scheduled c-section for Baby #3 in five days, and my belly size is OUTTA CONTROL! Meals don't exist unless my husband makes them, as illustrated by the handful of Mini Eggs I just called lunch…

Erin says:

Hey, I'm not even pregnant and those 2 video clips have me in tears. Hang in there! You'll be holding your tiny new little person so soon.

Love the Decor! says:

You are adorable. thanks for the smile today!!

Patti McCullough says:

Ashley- I have made so many of your things, I feel like I know you. :) I have 10 weeks to go for baby girl #3 to arrive and I was in full body chills for both videos. Tears will be flowing by the end of April! Best of luck to for an easy delivery and a healthy baby! Congratulations!

Danny & Crystal says:

Ashley your belly is soooo cute! The last few weeks are so uncomfortable for me too! I wish we were still neighbors then I could bring you over dinners :( Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet girl! Hopefully Steve doesn't have finals when you have your baby like Danny did :) Good luck with everything!

bethanndodd says:

She will be here before you know it! Beautiful post :)

Eva says:

Oh I so recognize the random crying. In the last few weeks of my last pregnancy (he is now 11 years old). I cried when I saw a clip on t.v. where a choir sang the opening theme of Startrek "the next generation" in front of a windmill. Now don't ask me why I got so emotional about that. But my daughter (8 at the time) and my husband where looking at me really weird. That I still remember this after 11 years says a lot too.

Good luck in your last days and with the birth!

Eva.

Natalie says:

Good luck! I'm so impressed by your remarkably clean kitchen (mine is always a disaster, but more so when I'm pregnant) and your baby bump looks so cute. Your "lost" little daughter is gorgeous, and I wish you the best during last few days. Yay for new babies!

Oh my gosh, I love hearing I'm not the only one…..especially the unexplained tears! And wow, there are a lot of you who are due right along with me! Best of luck to you all too! And choose sweets over carrots any chance you get! ;)

Outofmymind says:

I'm still in some, ok most of these states now and my baby was born 23 years ago, and my baby making stuff is gone. My belly looks about ready to deliver but it's only a football size hernia protruding, and I still stand in line at the grocery store patting the bum of a bag of flour! Good luck on your new little one!!!

Oh, and Natalie, that side is only clean because I don't cook on it. You should see the sink! Ick!!

Susan says:

Ok I am not pregnant, and the Sound of Music made me tear up too!! But I LOVE a good flash mob. What I wouldn't give to be in one someday!! My baby just turned one, but I so remember that feeling w/ a couple weeks to go….hang in there, you'll be snuggling that sweet baby soon! Love your blog!!

Holly says:

Oh, I love those public song/dance numbers! I sure hope that some day I find myself in the middle of one. I'm teary at the thought, and I haven't been pregnant in over 3 years. ;)

Hope your last few pregnant days are good ones!

Outofmymind – HA!! That cracked me right up! Especially imagining you in line patting a bag of flour!!! :) You're adorable!

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy says:

that absolutely made me smile. I know I am only half way through my pregnancy when watching both of your videos only made me tear up, rather than all our bawling. My dinners are half done – all sides are out the window, and the house gets cleaned about once a month rather than every 2 weeks. Lol

Great post!

Michele says:

Due on the 5th of March and both videos got me! And I was just looking at my newborn diapers last night thinking about how it'll be to have such a little one in the house again.

Wonderful Whittacres says:

I teared up on both those videos and I'm not even pregnant! Good luck these last few days.

Stacy says:

SO glad you posted this. I have 4 weeks left with my 6th child. I am not hungry and don't have the energy to cook. I am using lots of lotion. I am getting stares like people think I am just going to burst into labor at anytime! Pretty funny. I needed this today. I am DONE! HA

JC says:

I am not pregnant (that I know of!) and I have yet to watch a flash mob video without crying. There's another viral video of a school doing a "one take" performance of "Tonight's Gonna be a Good Night" that has me bawling every time. Strange things make me cry…

Rhonda says:

Awww Good luck Ashley. This was a great post!! Loved it…You're not making crafts/clothes…You are making a BABY!! All the best…cant wait to meet your new babe and see all the great things you have in store for him/her!!
    Those little diapers get me every time too!! Nothing cuter than a newborn little tooshie :)

Resourceful Red says:

I forgot how tiny newborn diapers were!!!!

Jill@Barnes Yard says:

Oh my word, I am right here with you!

Jessica says:

OH! I can completely agree with you. I am down to my last week of my pregnancy. Love the belly picture. I am making my own cloth diapers and find myself finishing them and patting them too!! The other thing that gets me is looking at the baby clothes. It makes me want to cry because I can believe how small they are (although it has been 4 years since we seen any baby clothes).

Hope your little one comes soon!! Best of luck Mommy!

One week left here… correction, less than a week! Yes, I do the correction too! This made my day. Thank yous o much for posting this!!!

Amy says:

I think I was about 8 months pregnant when I saw that same Opera episode and I cried too! And 3 years ago when I was pregnant with my first son, I was watching Bill Cosby Himself and out of nowhere I just started bawling like a baby. Watching a stand up comedian! Crying my eyes out. Totally understand, hang in there and good luck in a week and a half :-)

mommy e says:

And patience goes out the window! Husbands seem to bear the grunt of this…

Jen says:

I love seeing all these flash mob performances. The onlookers dancing was hilarious!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk says:

Aww what a lovely post!! It made me smile and happy in so many ways. I'm so excited for you and your growing family. Keep up the great work! You're almost there!

Marisa says:

I don't know what my excuse is, I haven't been pregnant for a whole year but I was bawling! My sister did one of those flash mob things at BYU last month, I thought she must be weird but now I get it!

Stephanie says:

I love this post!! So true in so many ways. And, if it makes you feel better, I just cried after both of those videos and I'm definitely not pregnant!

Kathleen says:

I teared up watching those two but it's not because I am pregnant! Probably more like I am starting menopause! :) Thanks for sharing today~

Janice Twitchell says:

You took the words right out of my mouth sister! Love it!
    Good luck with your last "10 days!" To me that sounds shorter, once I get down to that 2 week stage I start counting days. :)
    Can't wait to see pics of that cute little one in all the fun new stuff you have made for her.

Dawn says:

Wow, great post, I've got just under 12 weeks to go till my babies due and i'm already beginning to forget things and not want to do the cooking so I know exactly how you feel.
    Good luck with the impending birth.

Michelle says:

So, I watched both videos and cried as well… and I'm not pregnant. What does that say about my emotional stability? ha, ha!

Ash, your belly is so cute. I bet you can't wait to have that little one resting in your arms instead of on your bladder, right? Last few weeks are SO HARD. Hang in there! Three is insane, but wonderful. We need to chat sometime. Miss you!

Cant' wait to see pictures!

Racheal says:

You are adorable!!! Both times I was pregnant everyone just thought I'd gained a little weight. I never really looked pregnant. At 7 months I was still in my regular clothes. I wished I had had such a beautiful belly, I know a little weird but we struggled to get our boys and I felt so blessed to even be having them. I wanted everyone to know I was finally having a baby! Congrats! Hope everything goes well!

Katie says:

I watched that second video right after I had my daughter and I totally got all teary-eyed every time. Haha.

Hang in there!

Angela@the crazyness that is me says:

Love this post. Love the two videos. They make me cry too and I am not even pregnant. I love the blonde cry Celine is standing by. He can't stop touching as if to make sure its real!

Its Sew For You says:

Love it and all are so true! cherish these last few days, but treasure the newborn sleepless days even more. I can't believe how "big" my baby is now at 4 months, and I wonder where my time has gone, besides driving the older two to preschool, hockey, gymnastics…

Good luck!

sa4grace says:

Goodness, there are a lot of preggo readers! We're 7 weeks away from #4 (which means almost 9 according to my track record). I know I'm getting close when my hip sockets feel like they're 3 feet apart from each other and pop and shift at every move. And I have to bend my body pillow in half to double up on the space between my legs when I'm sleeping.

the hatch batch says:

I love it! My sister and I always joke that the reason the last bit of pregnancy is so awful is to talk us into being excited for labor! Instead of feeling like you're not ready, you're screaming 'Bring it on!!'. =o)

Cammie says:

Thank you for sharing that link! It made my day.

Good luck getting your little angel here!

Sarah says:

Hi! This is my first time leaving a comment on your blog (besides give a ways). I am also due soon – in 2 and a half weeks – (not 3) with my first girl. I have had so so so much fun reading your blog and creating some of your projects. My friend who is pregnant with her first girl is coming over tonight to make "girly stuff" for our babies. We're making a lot of things off your blog. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all your effort, time and talent that you share with us. I am much more excited about a girl because I can make cute things for her (like your headbands). I love checking in for new projects and ideas. Keep up the good work, we appreciate it! (I'm super emotional at the end of pregnancy too, I'm almost ready to cry just from typing this!) Oh, the things we do for our children. :) Good luck with everything!

Juls says:

are you kidding? that's my exact list of how I KNOW I'm pregnant in the first 2 weeks lol. OK, and that flash-mob clip, too cool. even I teared up at the end lol.

Rachel says:

Weird how those clips can evoke emotion. Maybe it was just because I knew it had done the same for you!

Oh, according to my 3 year-old, candy is the better choice.

Marian says:

Okay, I have you to blame for sitting here with tears rolling down my face…and I'm only 27 weeks preggo!! Loved, loved, loved the Sound of Music video!!!

Holly @ Domestic Dork says:

I am so totally NOT pregnant and that second video made me tear up. I love flash mobs. There is just something about a large group of people coming together and working hard, not because they have to, but because they want to spread a little fun around, that touches me.

Jody, RD says:

When I was pregnant I fell asleep while brushing my teeth with my electric toothbrush. Next thing I know its vibrating and giggling all over the bathroom floor!

Melissa says:

I always found myself annoyed by the "how much longer?"/"2 more weeks?" queries. I would always just tell them my due date, while thinking, "how should I know? this is a baby under this bulging belly, not a crystal ball!". Perhaps the end of my pregnancy just brought out the grouchy in me!! My hubs always said it was like I was PMS'ing 24/7. So sweet.

May your last two weeks be as quick as your first two weeks. And may you be holding that baby in your arms instead of on your bladder asap.

yay baby!! Mine is now 10 weeks and my other 2 are very close to your other 2. In my last 2 weeks I couldn't sleep at all and any sugar within reach was in danger of disappearing!
    Anni

Eye in the Sky says:

I think every mother holds newborn diapers to her chest, it's just the best feeling ever!! And I'm not pregnant but both of those videos made me cry my eyes out. Good luck with the last two weeks.

Superjaxster says:

Gee, what does it mean if you watch the second video and you tear up and your NOT pregnant? Cuz I did! Hoping all goes well for you this week and a half :)

Brenda Johnson says:

You don't have to be 38 weeks along to get emotional at those videos. I'm 23 weeks and the tears just started flowing!

Hi, I'm Hannah. says:

This post was priceless! I'm jealous you are three weeks ahead of me and I'm feeling this way now!:) Hang in there!

Laci & Daniel says:

Aw… i love this! I'm due in 9 days :) and this I can relate to!! Thanks for sharing exactly what I'm thinking!

Delina says:

Oh how I vividly remember all the things that made me cry!! The last two weeks really get ya :) Those videos are awesome- totally cry material!! Thanks for sharing and Good luck!!!

Laura @ ON{thelaundry}LINE says:

you forgot 'hemerroids' and 'uncontrollable road rage that is only restrained by your complete inability to get out of the car' …or is that just me? ;p
    Oh and don't forget 'eyes get that little hint of desperation when the word overdue comes up in conversation'

Watch, we'll test it.

I went 11 days overdue in November… think about it for a moment… yup. Go have some ice cream.

Kendra says:

I am so totally feeling your pain. I am 5 days from my due date. If I get one more phone call/text/email/FB message asking "when?" I just might scream. I love the pics you took of your belly from above. I need to do that. Too cute! Good luck!

MaMa Casey says:

I love the "losing things under your belly" shot! I think I said "Hey where'd you go?" to my oldest at least 20 times a day when I was at the end of pregnancy #2. Hang in there!

Jen says:

I'm glad I am not the only one that got a little teary at that second video. Only problem is that I am not even pregnant… :)

The Smith Family says:

this is bad…i'm 6.5 weeks out and i already suffer from a number of these…wow

ArJay and Magdelyn says:

I am due March 1st and I laughed and cried reading this post because it is SOO TRUE! I sat in my newborn's room just staring at all the cute tiny diapers and clothes, I think my husband and 2 yr old daughter thought I was crazy. Glad to know I'm not the only one not in control of my body right now!

Love your blog.

AshleyMarie says:

This post made my day!! I am sending good thoughts your way that the baby will come soon!! :)

Erin says:

Those last two pictures are hysterical. I lost things under my belly too!

erinscreative.blogspot.com

Jami says:

I have a week and a half left to go also!! I loved this post. Thank you.

Jenine says:

I just watched your videos – and my "6-weeks-since-I-had-my-baby" tears welled up in my eyes! Love surprises!

Aubrey says:

I guess those videos work on post-partum emotions too! I'm six-weeks out from having my son and it still made me tear up a little… :) Happy pushing!

Heather says:

I am SO with you!!! I have just 3 weeks left. I have all those same feelings and have lost desire to do anything but sleep and think about when this baby is going to show up. I was packing up some things for the hospital today and opened a new package of NB diapers! I LOVE them!! So, SO, tiny. They sure are a lot smaller than my 2 year old's size 4's. Good luck!

Emily says:

So true with all of that! I love how little that diaper is in your hand! So excited for you! I can even picture the smell of it. Those newborn diapers smell different and remind me of the first few days home from the hospital. I can't wait for you to hold that baby on your chest!

sjones says:

Oh Ashley I really think we could be best friends!

I have to say, I'm not pregnant, and those movies made me tear up!

Amber says:

we must be due about the same time. i also have two weeks (a week and a half) left of my pregnancy. i can't WAIT to have this little baby out. i could totally relate to your post. good luck!

BECKY says:

awww! best wishes!

tracyp says:

Congrats and good luck in the coming weeks!!!

I love newborn diapered little bottoms!

Goings on at the Glenn's says:

I am right there along with you. However those things seem to happen to me at about 4 weeks before. I'm just 2 weeks behind ya! Good luck with everything! Excited for you. p.s. have you talked with Shauna Wilwand lately?

Lynette Smith says:

I am not due for 3 more months but the sound of music video also gave me goosebumps and made me tear up. I loved your pics and you totally nailed this post for sure.

Erin says:

I love these flash mobs. I think they're catching on around the world, and that makes me happy.

Maybe the last two weeks of pregnancy are to prepare us for the first several weeks of a new baby! Ha. Cute post. The baby-diaper bit is tender.

Danielle says:

Loved this post!

Anna says:

I love this post and hope that "the sound of music "clip is why tears are streaming down my face instead of jealousy that its you not me!;) savor it dear friend.

Amy says:

I agree with The Hatch Batch when she says it has to be bad for us to want labor so desperately. I delivered my tiny little person(our 4th girl/baby)on the 31st!! I knew it was bad the last few weeks of pregnancy, but it wasn't until yesterday that I realized just HOW bad it had become. It was when my five year old asked me if I could bend over again. UGH! When I told her yes, she asked if she could see me do it! Wow! Good luck with the last "week and a half" and with your delivery.

Cerise says:

I was there just 6 short months ago. Hope those last two weeks don't seem to last too long!

Hallie says:

I'm not even pregnant and those videos made me emotional. But I can sit down during the last half hour of any movie with super happy ending and cry.

Globe trottin' mama says:

adorable post! i had my second a week and a half ago and i was quite, quite late, so the memories are still fresh for those last 2 weeks and then some.

good call on the "any day now." my belly was quite, er, *profound* looking from about 8 months on, so i started using that one WELL before the baby was even close to due :p .

and i totally cried when i saw that sound of music video and wasn't pregnant awhile ago.

Sharon says:

I love this post! Almost makes me want another one. Almost . . .

bugs 'n' bees says:

I'm in my last two weeks as well.

I. Feel. Your. Pain.

Here's to a speedy two weeks!

Best of luck to you!

Amanda says:

Ok…weird, but that Sound of Music video made me cry, almost instantly too. Am I pregnant?! YIKES!

Summer Braxton says:

I have 16 weeks left and these two videos made me cry until my nose ran. Then again, I've always cried at Wheel of Fortune when someone wins :)

Oh Ashley, I have 7 (and a half ;))weeks to go and it makes me cry too. I am in a big trouble.

Jennifer says:

I'm not even pregnant and I was bawling and then laughing in the sound of music. Thanks for making me laugh at myself today. Good luck for the birth. Love your blog

Zane and Val says:

I am that way through all of my pregnancy. I love your belly makes me want to have one of my very own.

Suzanne says:

There's nothing as beautiful as a little pregnant tummy! Yours is adorable. Thanks for sharing the videos — they were amazing!

You have to be one of the cutest people I have ever seen:) I just had my second little girl in September, so the uncomfortable emotion- filled last days are still fresh for me. I'll say a prayer for you and lil bit tonight. I'm new to your blog and have just rediscovered my love of sewing. I have to admit I check your blog daily:) Thanks for your fabulous ideas. Praying lil bit arrives safely and soon.

says:

I remember those days when you bump INto people and the walls and you kinda loose control over the distance of your belly in relation to things…. I hope you have a GREAT DELIVERY!
    BTW, I've been reading your blog for a while and it's my first time to post a comment.

Marisa

Chari says:

I'm 33 weeks (or I have 6.5 weeks left to look at it the most assuring way). I can totally relate to the first photo and to the mess under the couch photo. Throw into the mix trying to keep the house clean because we are trying to sell it. It's been interesting :-)

mc_denney says:

Your latest post really made me smile! I gave birth to our beautiful daughter almost three weeks ago and my last two weeks of pregnancy was exactly as you described. I was particularly amused by not being able to see my 2.5 yr old son when he was cuddling my legs! I would sweep all his toys into a corner and hope someone would magically appear to pick them up so I wouldn't have to bend over and do it myself. As you undoubtably know, all of the discomfort and hormones are worth it when you are (finally) taking in your gorgeous bub for the first time. All the very best for the coming weeks!

Malori and Jon Saline says:

What a fun post!! If you love the do-re-mi video you will love the video of the Pennsylvania Opera at Macys…the Pennsylvania Opera along with 600 other singers from different choirs around the country start singing the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah all of a sudden in a Macy's store….they call it "A Random Act of Culture" – it is amazing and it made me cry (and I'm not pregnant)

Katie says:

I cried at the flash mob video too! Why is that?! Something about all those people being so happy together at the same time. Makes you happy to be part of the human race.

omg i couldn't stop watching those youtube videos and crying. i hope i'm not pregnant again!! :) lovely post btw!

Stephanie says:

I'm jealous. Not of the pending arrival. Not of the huge belly. But the fact that you ACTUALLY have a reason as to why all of those things are going undone. I have no excuse and that's how my house looks all the time! (Oh and hormonal doesn't even begin!) :)

Alison says:

That is the CUTEST post I have ever seen! Good luck with your last 2 weeks!

christa @ enSTYLEpedia says:

this was a great post to read…i've got about 6-9 weeks left and i'm struggling with quite a few of these.
    mostly the crying for irrational reasons…only my husband just startes at me…which makes me feel even more ridiculous. :)
    luckily he does understand the dinner situation…he brought home KFC tonight…yay!

~Claire~ says:

I've been following you for SO long, but don't think I've ever commented- You have an AMAZING blog! I Am constantly inspired by it, even if I never have time for crafting!

I FEEL you in EVERY way (I'm down to my last two weeks as well). It's ridiculous how similar I feel to you. I HATE lubing the belly now, anything that gets dropped on the floor stays there, and dinner prep has to be done in stages throughout the day, otherwise my family would probably starve!

Hang in there girl- I wish you all the best!

Kari says:

Good luck when the big day finally comes! You are making me want to be pregnant again. Can you talk your hubby into a massage for that knot?

Rachel רחלי גזית says:

i love your posts, the videos got me all emotional.
    best of luck
    rachel

I've been reading your blog for couple of months now but never commented. You are very inspirational and even thought (until soon) I'm not a big crafter I really like all that you are doing!
    And I totally feel you regarding witnessing other peoples happy moments, pregnant or not! ;)Good luck on the last days of your pregnancy.
    Dagmar
    Iceland

Kate @ Our Best Bites says:

Oh, my gosh, I loved this post. And remind me to tell you about one incident during the last two weeks of my first pregnancy…I can't tell it in public lest someone recognize the circumstances and have me arrested, haha! :)

IndiasMom says:

That is all so true, and made me laugh! Good luck with your new addition.

Melissa Moody says:

HAHA! I love this! I am currently 4 weeks away from my due date and have been getting super annoyed when I can't find the bead I just dropped bc I can't get my belly to move! :) Good luck! They'll be here before we both know it!

jenifer says:

4 weeks till my due date– i cried like 5 times at Never Say Never- the justin beiber movie. hah!
    good luck with the waiting- for SURE the hardest part.
    And, I always tell my friends– bring me meals during my pregnancy, once i have the baby i'm on a total high… it's the last month that my family starves.

Misty says:

Thanks for sharing that!! I still have 6 weeks left tomorrow and am feeling the same way! You made me smile!!

Jill says:

In the end of my last pregnancy (6 kids & the last two are only 16 mo. apart) My little one fell asleep in the car seat and I took a nap in the car in the Walmart parking lot. Sitting up because I was too big to comfortably lay down. Bless you and your new one about to arrive!!

Derek and Amanda says:

Gosh I love this so much! So adorable. I'm excited for your new addition!

Parkin Family says:

I hear you on the "things stay on the floor" I am due on March 2nd and it is no longer worth it to bend over ;)
    Good Luck with your delivery. I hope it all goes well. Can't wait to see some pictures of your little one. BOY? or GIRL?

Nicole says:

So excited for you to enjoy your little one in 1 1/2 weeks. :)

Just one thing… I am not pregnant but teared up just as you did in the Oprah clip… What is my excuse? :)

The Terry's says:

Congrats! I am due in a week and a half too. My due date is the 25th… And holy cow I totally do the fist in back thing too. :) Good luck and hope your little one arrives soon!!!

Amy E. says:

those last two pictures are hilarious and super cute!

leaner says:

This cracks me up! I have about a month or so to go I bought those teeny tiny diapers and stare at them regularly… soon… soon… is my mantra now.

audra says:

I wish I only had "a week and a half" left…but I still have "6 and a half weeks" left :( whenever I feel my baby kick I just smile and get happy butterflies in my stomach, I just can't wait for her to come. This is my first so my husband and I are super excited for her to get here.

Mollyandollie says:

Lovin' all you pregnant mammas out there!! Joyous, peaceful, strong birth wishes to you all…We're trying to get pregnant with number two and it's nice to feel the energy, even over the internet.

Oh, ps-I cried during both of them too. Tears streaming during the sound of music one. I love being a woman!!

Lindsey says:

Three weeks ago I was where you are at… but now I'm enjoying the tiny diapers and newborn facial expressions (I love to watch him sleep!) and sweet baby smell. :) I love this post, it's so nice and positive – I was way more complaining, LOL.

Anna says:

Awww, what an adorable post. I loved, loved, loved the train station video. I had to share it on facebook and ask if anyone wanted to jion me at Union Station in DC and put on our own show!

Sarah says:

My newest baby is 6 weeks old and I remember what you are going through all too well. I am surprised I was still able to wash dishes.

Denny1600 says:

How sweet the videos are. I'll be watching for news of your little one soon!

Mrs. Price says:

I completely understand. I just had DS #2 less than a month ago!!!!

Bec says:

Oh man, I don't envy you… well, the pregnancy part. The baby part is pretty spectacular! :) Hang in there…

Claire says:

Oh my goodness. Weeping at that last video…and definitely not pregnant! Ever since I had our daughter, I've cried over EVERYTHING. Loved the video!

DangGina says:

At least you have wacked-out hormones to blame the crying on. Me? I'm not pregnant. At all. And the one that got me the worst was the second video. What the what?!

Melanie says:

This list is SO true! At 32 weeks, I'm feeling you already. LOVE the last pics over your belly–too cute. I have been warning my kiddos that I can't see them when they walk close to me and they might be accidentally knocked down! :)

Collins says:

I know you don't know me but I'm one of your million followers and am in the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy and can totally relate on all the things you listed. Thanks for putting what I feel into words.

Anne says:

I know this post is old but I can still read it to relate to now. 2 weeks left right now for me on my third baby. I so do all these things you mentioned. I thought I was losing my mind. Now I know its perfectly normal and I am not alone. And that its ok that my house is a mess and drives me nuts. I don’t feel useless anymore. Thanks.

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] a while.  So you may remember when I was nearing the end of my pregnancy a little over a year ago, getting anxious to have our newest baby.  And then freaking out, because my big belly was overdue.  And you guys [...]