Looking for the $100 Target Gift Card giveaway? Scroll down or click here.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
My mind and body change a lot during the last 2 weeks of pregnancy (well, maybe the last month). I do weird things, say strange things, and my body and emotions are not my own.
It’s the weirdest thing.
Here’s what going on right now……which only makes me remember that I am down to the last 2 weeks of this pregnancy.
- I have an extra hard time making the good choice between 2 options such as these:
- Messes under the table tend to stay there. Under the table. (and couch…)
- I correct people when they say “Oh, now you’re down to 2 weeks left?” And I say, “No, a week and a half.” (I even annoy myself after that comes out of my mouth.)
- The lotion bottle runs out about 5 times faster than normal. There’s a lot of belly to lube up.
- I lay my head down out of complete exhaustion, and fall asleep at random places. Even in the car, while I’m in the driver’s seat, but I’m at the stop light waiting. (Okay, that only happened once, but it scared the crazies out of me. Wow, I had to get home fast.)
- Holding new fresh baby diapers, leads to holding the diaper up to my chest, snuggling it, and patting it like it’s on my baby’s little bum. Ooooh, I love imagining a freshly diapered little baby up to my chest. Ahhhhhhh……
- People stop me at the store and ask me, “How—?”, where I quickly cut them off at ‘How’ and respond with, “Any day now!” Who knows what there were going to ask. But I always just assume they were going to ask how much longer. But maybe they were going to ask something simple like, “How are you today?” Maybe that’s why I get funny looks sometimes. Oh well, I keep walking along…
- Dinner time suffers. Food prep rarely gets past this stage during the last 2 weeks of pregnancy. Enough said, right?
- While sitting, I often place one fist behind my back and lean back against the chair/sofa, pushing on the jabbing knot that always appears on the lower left side, as my babies get heavier and heavier. Feels so much better with that fist in my back.
- Random things make me cry. Like these 2 videos below that I watched yesterday. They’re not sad. Or overly emotional in any way. But for some reason, they make me happy, and that makes me cry. Within seconds of pressing play. (My husband always laughs.)
The Canadian Tenors below were guests on Oprah and they had no idea a surprise visitor (someone they adored) was coming out to sing with them. The reaction is priceless. And waters my eyes right up.
(Turn up your volume.)
And then this one. It’s weird that it evokes such emotion in me…….but the whole setup, the surprise, the love I have for this song……..all of it. It gets my last-2-weeks-of-pregnancy-emotions all riled up.
(Turn up your volume.)
The last official way that I know there must be less than 2 weeks left in my pregnancy…..
- I start losing things under my belly……….
……………but they eventually surface at some point, and greet me with a hello.
This baby sure feels ripe and ready.
Just hoping she appears sooner rather than later.