Knitted Monsters from Christmas…

Many of you have asked about the little monsters that my kiddos received from their Aunt Jodi for Christmas.  (From this post…..did you see them?)
Here’s the scoop.  All in one post.

Because they are that adorable.  And well made.  And perfectly matched to each of my kiddos.
Thanks again Jo!! :)
Half of the secret? My sister found this knitting pattern over on etsy.  The other half of the secret?  My sister has some mad knitting skills.  I just want to box her up and ship her out here to me to teach me exactly how those fingers of hers work that yarn.  Wow.
But for now, I’ll just happily look at the knitting (and crocheting) talent of others.  It makes me smile.
So if you do know how to knit, hop on over to this little etsy shop…….and get started.
There are so many lovely things to see.
My kids are especially crazy about the fact that the little monster baby’s fit snuggly into the momma and poppa monster.  Oh so cozy.
(I share your pain, monster momma.  I have a baby trying to squeeze out of my belly too!)

Such a sweet little combo.
And to make the green/pink set more girly…..my sister added little bows to the monster’s heads.
So perfect.
Don’t you just want to eat them up?
Now you know who made the monsters and how to make your own set (or hire out).
Surely you’d like your own, right?
Enjoy them!

Filed under Family, Knitting

Comments

29 Responses to “Knitted Monsters from Christmas…”
    Our really empty nest says:

those are way too cute, but I am wondering if you could cheat and use a sweater and cut it up?? What do you think? Sue

StephanieThorp says:

I fell in love with these when I saw them on your christmas post and ended up finding the pattern on etsy but googling knit monster back then. I sent it to my mom and am hoping she makes them for my girls! I love them, and I think they are especially adorable since I am pregnant!

Admitted Fabricaholic says:

WOW!!! I love those like CRAZY! Wishing for the first time in a long time that I hadn't put down my knitting needles those years ago, because I would be all over these if I knew how to knit! LOL – just got so tired of making scarves.

Jenna says:

Oh my gosh! These are the cutest things ever!!!!

Suzanne says:

Oh man — those are the cutest. I had no idea Jodi was a knitting genius!

Jill says:

2~2 Cute! Ok so after yesterday's post, I'm lookin' to get a sewing machine. For realz! I took a knitting class once. Yeah, that didn't go so well. By the end of class all the ladies had this larger square going and all I had was a few rows. The teacher was super nice about it, but I could see it in her face…lost hope. Oh well, move onto something else, right!?!

Rachel says:

i love love love these. and three loves is a lotta love.

Lil Mama Stuart says:

good idea about the sweater! I am totally stashing that in my idea/to do pool/list!

jodi says:

Hey sweetie, your pictures turned out very cute. They were fun to make and not too difficult to knit. You just need to know how to knit in the round. Rebecca Danger's pattern is fabulous with lots of color photos. Well worth it. Glad you liked them!

bethanndodd says:

One more reason to learn how to knit! Too cute!

Jessica says:

Those are freakin' adorable! I'm not a knitter so I might try the sweater idea. Or maybe just felt. IDK.

Angie says:

I am loving stuffed monsters right now! I wish I knew how to knit!! Maybe it's time to finally learn…

Amanda says:

My 2 year old just looked over my shoulder and went crazy for these. Looks like I'll be knitting some up very soon!

Christy says:

LOVE those little guys! Thanks for the pattern link, they are definately going in my must make queue! As for the yarn…do I spy some Spud and Chloe?

Amanda says:

Those are absolutely adorable Ashley. I don't have any knitting skills, so I will just oogle at this uber cuteness instead!

Sparks Family says:

this makes me want to learn to knit!

Sara says:

I'm not a knitter, but I'm wondering if you could make something similar with an old sweater. Hmm…I think I have a project to work on now.

GaMtnScrap says:

They are super cute! I don't know how to knit, but I do crochet and I'm thinking I can do this in crochet very easily!

Thanks for all the detail pictures! :)

☆*Ashleigh*☆ says:

How adorable . . . but I can only crochet :(

Casey says:

I drool over these creatures all the time! I look them up constantly, they are so cute. I really need to learn how to knit

Taylor says:

I would totally buy those from her! They are seriously so amazingly cute!

mummy-who-cooks says:

O.M.G….! Love it…!

By the way… HELLO …from KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA.

mandyjanedesigns says:

Those are the cutest things I've ever seen!

huana says:

My daugter immediatly said :"I want three of them!" Must make them… :-)

Kristen says:

I love these! I just started trying a crocheted version of them today to see if I can do it…hopefully it turns out as cute. So excited!

Onica @ The Peasant Housewife says:

If you are not a knitter and want to be let me direct you to two very important websites.

1. knittinghelp.com
    2. ravelry.com

I've made this pattern several times and it's really well written. And when I give the little things away… they are very well received. Love me some knit monsters!

me says:

i LOVE these. Just bought the pattern off etsy. My Grandma is an amazing knitter, so i can't wait to see what she comes up with! Thanks!

Amy says:

If someone comes up with a crocheted version of these I'D LOVE a pattern…I'll even pay you for it! Can't find anything just like it on etsy.

[Mrs.Palla] says:

Oh my goodness! I love these! Super adorable… feel free to check out my blog & follow back if you like… it's new, small, but steadily growing! =)