Sometimes the ‘Mister’ likes to Make It and Love It

That husband of mine surprises me from time to time.
One afternoon, Mister Make It and Love It himself (That’s a fancy name for my husband.  It makes him laugh when I call him that after I catch him doing something “crafty”…..), decided to create a little project with the kids while I was running errands.  He pulled out some of his old socks and some of my felt stash…..and got to work.
It’s pretty random when that husband of mine decides to “craft”.
He said it was for the kids…
But secretly, I think he enjoyed it.
Together, they (but mostly him) made little sock puppets.
And the kiddos were thrilled that a plain ‘ol sock could transform into a little mini version of themselves.
And that they had big slurpy tongues…………which they quickly decided loved to lick everything in their path, while they made the appropriate “sluuuuurp” sound.
He helped them make a girl puppet
And a boy puppet
Luckily, the sock puppets got along…….
I had to go ahead and encourage my husband digging into my stash…..even if the supplies were meant for another project.  It sure beats them watching him playing a free motorcycle racing game on the computer, that he swears they looooove to watch him do.  Nice try babe, they don’t love that.  They love making puppets though.
Nice way to break up a boring afternoon.
And a funny surprise for me when I got home.
Consider letting your own kids/nieces/nephews/grandkids (and maybe husbands) dig into your supplies and enjoy a project or two…
But hide the good stuff. {wink, wink}

Filed under Baby, Children, Family, Kid Craft, Mister Make It and Love It, No Sew

Comments

31 Responses to “Sometimes the ‘Mister’ likes to Make It and Love It”
    Jacqueline says:

I love it when My mister gets crafty to! Your hubs did a great job! When you have your baby he can take over and do a man craft series… just a thought. and on a side note my daughter has that same dress! YAY Old Navy! or was it target…don't feel like looking at the tag…. :)

*reyanna klein* says:

Hey Ashley! I read your blog every day (in Google Reader), but I don't think I've ever commented. Had to today though. :-D

I totally laughed out loud at your comment about the kids watching dad play the motorcycle game! SOOO funny! Just had to tell you.

And I think it was so totally sweet of your husband to do this! Such a cute idea! Every once and a while, I'll announce to my hubby, "It's craft night!" And we craft together… usually cards or bookmark making. He enjoys it too. I really hope he digs into my stash to play with the kids. I suppose I could just buy whatever he uses that I needed. ;-) Tee hee.

This one time, he wanted to spend time with me, but I was busy blogging, and he was busy making RJ-45 cables for work. He got the idea that he could teach me, so I could help. I was not interested. Then he said, "But it's crafty! It's a craft!" Tee hee. I jumped down to help, and it was pretty fun. Mine were actually pretty awesome. :-p I exclaimed, "I've mastered that craft now! YAY!" LOL. :-p

Love that your husband gets involved in crafting too. :-) Thanks for sharing your life with us every day! Merry Christmas!

ProudArmyWife21 says:

this is ADORABLE!! LOVE LOVE IT!
    So glad you shared!!!!

So artes says:

This is so sweety….Mister do it, made a great project :)
    God bless you!

Cassie says:

That is just wonderful! My man volunteered to help me make a couple of no sew blankets the other day.. . .totally on his own! That's a big deal for a hardcore tanker, lol :)

bethanndodd says:

Adorable!

HeatherM says:

My kids and I loved the pictures. I've come back to read the words. I think I'll put this project on the honey-do list! What fun!

PinkBlingCrafter says:

Adorable!!!! Thanks for sharing

Jill says:

So cute!!!

Emily says:

hahah the free motorcycle racing game is totally something my husband would say.

so cute! :)

Just in case you didn't know, your kids are so dang cute! I love their precious little faces, big eyes and super cute smiles.

Angie says:

Aw! I love daddies getting so involved! What a great thing to come home to!! I think there is nothing sweeter than seeing my husband doing special things with our babies!

Delia says:

Whoa..he is pretty crafty. Those puppets looks nicer than most.

Brenden+Nikki says:

Ha ha I am soooo impressed! ;) He did a great job! I love that he put pigtails on one. Ha ha I loved this. I gotta show my husband….but I would drop dead on the floor if I ever saw him doing this! I just don't think I can ever get him to craft. Maybe having a baby girl will change things ya think? ;) I may walk into her room and find him in a dress-up hat having a "tea party" with her and her stuffed animals! ;) That should break his manly mold! ;)

Deanna says:

very impressive!!!

I have to brag a bit too…today my husband and my boys made chocolate covered pretzels…and my dh is the one who STARTED it!!! and FINISHED it!!! Wahooo for awesome husbands!!!

The Wade Family says:

I would personally check my husband into the nut house if I ever caught him doing this. Don't get me wrong- I'd LOVE it- but he is not crafty at all so I would die of shock if he did it. (after I came to life I'd take him to that funny farm). PLus- I'd be terrified of what my supply room looked like afterwards!

But lucky you!! How fun!!!

Aubrey says:

How fun! You're rubbing off on him a bit…. :)

Jenn Miyamoto says:

That's probably one of the cutest things I've seen all day!

Pamela says:

This is the cutest thing ever…and he did such a good job too!

Shannon says:

LOL. Love it!

My 2yr old has been playing iPod touch racing games for a long time now — no crafting in sight! He'll be really good at all things video games, since hubby is a stay-at-home dad!!

Do you have any other easy craft/felt/construction paper ideas that I could suggest to him?

Jenny! says:

Very Nice :) Im so glad you were able to get pictures too!!! The crafts are too cute!! and so are the kiddies :)

damocamelia says:

It looks like twilight zone when I try to imagine husband of mine in such a project !!!!

Very nice puppets… and kiddoes !

When I was an undergrad, in one of my art classes, we made sock puppets and I thought they were so cute to make. The possibilities for creativeness were endless. Made several for my daughter. Good job, Mister Make It And Love It!

Brenda says:

I was thrilled last Christmas when my daughter of 22yrs, decided she would [for the first time ever]like to make some nice fabric scarves for friends and Step-Mom. I had instant dreams of us sewing together…happy times. NOT!! She got into my stash and pulled out every single bit of goodies I had already planned for other projects; expensive trims that she would "just cut to make them fit"! I had the fit. I ended-up spending an afternoon sorting out fabrics and a pattern to actually assist her in the endeavor. She bailed…it looked too much like work! I wasted an entire day all for a dream. Ahhh well…

DANA says:

Hello! I am a follower of your blog, and have been for a while! I am reaching out to the blogs I love as well as my readers for a little help and advice. I was nominated a while back for the Top Blog of the Year on Blog Guidebook. I am now in the top ten, and to reach the final round, which is the top TWO, I must beg and plead for votes. If you could in any way help me out, maybe if you could throw a bone to me on your blog, or if you require, I can do a giveaway! I have to find methods to gain voters and your help in some way would be greatly appreciated. Please met me know either way,as well as any ideas you may have. Thank you in advance! My blog is http://danajeanward.blogspot.com and the link to the voting page is http://www.blogguidebook.com. There is no registration, signup, or email required to vote, which is great, but finding routes to gain supporters is tough! I look forward to hearing from you!

Dana Ward

Saturday Mornings Blog

Mary lou says:

LOVe them!! So going to make some for my grandkids!!!

Kristina says:

Oh my gosh, that is so adorable…and that you call him "Mister Make It and Love It"…too cute. My husband will get creative if I ask him for input or help figuring out one of my own projects, but I can't see him cutting up felt on his own…

Smith Family says:

I had to laugh! Sometimes our husbands can really surprise us! I second the "man craft" series when you have your new little one :)

I also have a do-it-yourself blog
    I am giving away a pair of my shoe clips if you are interested in entering…two more days!

Lisa says:

That's AWESOME!!! Tell Mr. "Little Caesars" great job!! Hope you have a great holiday!

Michelle says:

That last line is hilarious–sure hubs and kids, choose whatever you want–out of this stuff. That is so like me!

Jenny says:

Right now we are gathered with our preschoolers making puppets based of this idea. LOVE IT!!