Playdough Cookies

Christmas is fast approaching.

Are your kids going crazy?

Are you going crazy?

Aaaagghhh……..I love all of the anticipation, the excitement, the pure thrill that the season puts into our little ones. How about a project to do with them…..that they can eat afterward.

Yum………Playdough Cookies

I found the tutorial/recipe here.

Such a perfect project to focus busy little bodies this week!

**Just as a side note: If you want bright vivid colors, use dye paste to color your dough rather than liquid food coloring.  It only takes a bit of the paste to create a nice bright color.

Filed under Children, Desserts, Featured, Kid Craft, No Sew, Recipes

Comments

20 Responses to “Playdough Cookies”
    Linda @ My Trendy Tykes says:

I've already gone crazy….

Codi says:

Thank you so much! My kids are sooo crazy, I want to send them away…not really, but wow, bed time doesn't come fast enough!

I was telling my husband last night, that I need to have an activity each day for them, and I'm so glad you posted this! Thanks!

Good Luck with your move!

Rose says:

This looks great!! Thanks for the tip, hope your moving is going well!

Melissa says:

This looks awesome!!

Michelle says:

Those are so cute and I love how you displayed them in the playdoh cups. That would be cute at a kids birthday party!

lajamison says:

Well I followed your links to get the recipe and what I noticed is yours is the only one with them in play-doh cups. What did you use to keep the cups from tipping over and to hold the cookie sticks? What a fun kid treat for a potluck or such.

Melissa says:

This is a great activity for the kids during the holiday break. Thank you!

Crystal says:

We had fun making these for our Christmas neighbor gifts. We used red and green to stick with the holiday theme. We even shaped some of them into canes instead of "lollipops". My son has changed the name from Play Dough Cookies to Lollipop Cookies. We did make a few changes to the recipe though. We used half white, half whole wheat flour, and used Sucanat instead of refined white sugar. I'd like to find a way to replace the artificial colors as well, but the vividness is very much part of this cookie. LMK if anyone has alternative coloring options to try! Thanks for the link! We enjoyed this project.

Sounds like it was a hit at your house Crystal!!

And lajamison – There is actual playdough down inside the cups….that's what is holding up the sticks. Tricked you!!

Kimberly says:

I was curious to see how to make these, but it says "blogger not found" =(

Hmmm…..I'll have to go and check that out. In the mean time, you can google Play-dough cookie to find a similar recipe.

Christa says:

Hey, I wanted to make these a while ago and forgot and now I've got all the stuff to make them and can't get to the recipe….. do you still have the recipe or do you know of a new link to take me to the cutie kids blog??? They're such a cute idea!

The Our Cutie Kids blog is down for now but here is a link to the recipe that was used. Such a fun project, so best of luck!

My name is Momma says:

Hey girl, I have featured your photo of these cookies again. *Link back of course! Just wanted to let you know how much I adore them : )

Marissa says:

The blog is gone for this link.

You can eat them!!!- i thought u just made them out of dough!- that is so cool!

Cool!!! Love it!!!

ang says:

these are too cute! you’re so creative :)

azar says:

hi many thanks for you’re teaching
    i’m from iran and i really love you’re site.