Simple Fleece Scarf

Want to make a new scarf with minimal sewing?

How?
All you need is a 1/3 of a yard of fabric and a sewing machine.
Cut your two strips, 6 x 60 inches.
Then lay your two strips right on top of each other and sew right down the center. And then sew on either side of the center, about a half inch from that original seam.

Now, cut 1/2 inch – 1 inch strips (depending on your taste), up and down both sides.
And you’re done.
How simple……..yet a new fun pop of texture.

Filed under Accessory, Clothing, Gift Ideas, Miscellaneous, Sewing, Women's Clothing

Comments

55 Responses to “Simple Fleece Scarf”
    jenjen says:

ADORABLE! ANd easy to make – I am going to have my daughters' make these. Thanks!

XOXO
    Jen

Carrie says:

Love it! This might go into the christmas present list!

Tiffany says:

This is such a cute idea & I think I could actually do it! Thanks!

[email protected] says:

Wow, that's super easy! Thanks so much for this, I'll be linking.

Kurt, Amy and kids! says:

That is so cute! I love the texture. So creative!

The Harris Family says:

Very cute and it looks so easy.

Vanessa says:

I am definitely going to try this one! Thanks for the great idea! and it is super cute!

oatsebear411 says:

I have made lots of these before using about 3 or 4 layers and only sewing one line. It makes them more puffy haha. Guys LOVE them too, especially when you make them in their favorite football colors. Keeps them warm at the game. I once made some with a pocket for your hands at the end and ironed on a football patch from michaels. Huge hit!

How do you make the pocket?

• 8.1.1
        Barbara says:

Just turn up a large “hem” of about 5 or 6 inches on each end and sew the sides up and then you have created a “pocket” for the hands to slide down into…..just remember to lengthen the overall measurement of the scarf to allow for pockets totaling 10 or 12 inches…

Kari @ Ucreate says:

DARLING!!

Mom's Place says:

Oh!!!!! I like those better than the ones my mother in law made foe my girls!!!!

The Hardy Things in Life says:

Love it!! I just love the colors in the scarf, super fun!!

TheCounsils says:

LOVE all your ideas!!! Gonna try this one later this weekend for the girls!

I just gave you a blog award.. Go here http://tinyurl.com/yjhn6mw and check it out!

carol

Lynette says:

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! How cute, and sooo easy for a quick last-minute gift!

My 3 girly girls says:

Adorable! I've been trying to come up with a scarf idea for my kiddos and this will be perfect! Thanks so much!
    Jennifer

Forever Owen says:

How to describe? Cute, trendy, clever, cozy… great idea!

Funky Frog Designs says:

Love it! I see a lot of these in my future! Thanks for sharing!

michelle@somedaycrafts says:

You simply are a creative genius. There is no other blog where I want to feature every post, but yours! I wish I was as talented as you. I did feature this post at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com because it is perfect for winter and Christmas presents. Thanks for sharing your creative genius with the world.

Andrea says:

I love this! Especially because I just finished making my son the Peter Pan costume (which came out great) and I have about a yard of left over green fleece. This scarf will make a great Christmas present =)

Carly says:

Love this! Thanks so much for sharing! I made one tonight and will be going to Joann's tomorrow while their fleece is on sale to get fleece to make more. Great gift idea!

Tracy Suzanne says:

This is such a simple and cute gift idea. Since I live in FL. I won't be using it too much but I will be making my granddaughter & DIL in NY one for Christmas and probably my niece in Atlanta too.
    Thanks for the easy tutorial – great pics.
    Tracy :)

Michelle says:

Love it! and it's something I can definitely sew! I'm going to make one for myself and for both my girls! Thank you so much Ashley! I love your blog! I search for others like yours and never find anything even close! Your awesome!!

Kristin says:

Christtmas just happened. Thank you so much!!!

Jennifer @ The Craft House says:

Eek! I have wanted to make a scarf myself for so long and have some material I may test with, thank you much for the tutorial!

Naomi says:

I am so excited…just finished making one of what I predict is my latest addiction!! Thanks so much for this easy to follow tutorial.

Thea says:

Very cute! And easy to make! Nice blog you have, found it through Odandulky. I will definitely come back!

Samantha says:

Such a great idea!! I think I will make one for each of my nieces and one for my sister!

Monika says:

I can see me making several of these. How easy, how cute, how fashionable…wow! Thanks, thanks, thanks. My Mom loves scarves and since we're doing Christmas only for the kids, this will be a nice little something Santa will leave in her stocking for Christmas morning!

Debilou~Mississippi Mama says:

So cute,, I dont even where scarfs but I just might have to now. Thanks for sharing how to do this.

Michelle says:

Just thought I'd let you know I made two of these yesterday! One for my 3 year old and one for my 2 month old! I know she won't really need it but it was a cute idea! The scarfs look great but just don't look too close! haha my sewing lines aren't exactly evenly spaced out all the way! I guess I can't sew a straight line like I thought I could! :S

Tiffany says:

myskinnypurse.blogspot.com has changed to mypetitepurse.blogspot.com

thanks!

Amy Kaye says:

I just finished making this scarf. I think it turned out so cute. Question, are you sure you cut 1/2 inch strips because I kept looking at the picture and 1/2 inch seemed too skinny. I decided to do 1 inch strips and I really love the way it turned out. Thanks for another simply project to work on.

Tracy says:

I just finished one for me, and am on my second. I picked out stripe fleece to match our Christmas card so that our photo coordinates. My girls and I and the dog will all wear a version. Hubby can go "nude". Also, I made mine single ply and extra long so I can have more options for wearing it. Thanks!
    My blog will have pics in the next few days.

Lynette says:

I finally did it and blogged about it here!

Anissa says:

I made one and even found the same cute fabric you use. I blogged about it on my brand new craft blog. http://tocraftortocook.blogspot.com/2010/01/vintage-lounge-pants.html

Thanks!

~Beth D. says:

Love this! thank you so much for the how-to!

adiaspeer says:

made a few today…. love them! very cute idea :o)

von Hand zu Hand says:

great idea! i love it.

i set a link. i hope you'll agree.

thanks for the tutorial.

doro.

mknip says:

This will be a great project to do in our ladies group at church. We adopted 3 families for Christmas for a meal and gifts. These scarves will be great to go along with the fleece blankets. Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth K says:

I just made one of these for my 5 year old! I know she'll love it. She's super excited for me to make her mittens and hat using your tutorials! I did make it smaller…40×4…since it's for a kid.

I made these for a couple of people last year for Christmas and now I have people requesting them as there Christmas present this year.

My Christmas budget is very tight this year–I just finished making one of these for my sister, and it only cost me a few dollars. The best part is, it looks like something you'd pay a lot of money for. I feel a lot better about Christmas now. Thanks so much. :) Kelly

Damyjo says:

Totally Awesome

I received one of these my sil made a bunch of them and crocheted hats to go with them they are really nice and look great. Recommend everyone should make some

Sarah says:

Love Love Love this idea!!! What a great christmas gift for my daughter’s teacher’s!!! Thank you

Aimee says:

Made this tonight and let my 5 year old help. We had a ton of fun, super easy, and she hasn’t taken it off. Thanks for the fantastic idea.

This is just adorable. gonna make all 6 of my grand daughters one for Christmas. Thanks

Cindy says:

I made these from glittery fabrics to put in my classroom’s dramatic play area. Girls LOVED these, so I will be busy making more, as well as other items to go with them for dress-up.

Anita says:

Thanks for your tutorial! I was thinking of making a fleece scarf something like this, now you have made it super easy for me, can’t wait to get some fabric now! Very pretty!

Love the scarf. I don’t sew much, but this would be so easy, and is so pretty. I think I will have to make some. My grand-daughers would love them. Thanks for sharing your tutorial. I have posted a link to your tutorial from my blog. mixedkreations.com/blog/2012/11/homemade-christmas-gifts/