Treat Jars from Baby Food Jars

Do you save things? Especially things that you think…..”hmmm, I may think of a need for this one day.” And then these important things build up? And then you go crazy deciding whether or not you should chuck them?

Well, if one of the things cluttering your shelf/closet are those little glass baby food jars……hold off for just a moment.

How about using them this fall season for something like this….
(Hope this helps you out Rose!)

Do you have any parties planned? Need some luncheon table toppers? A quick gift to drop by a friend’s house? A sweet treat at a baby shower (using different candy and lid decoration)?

Easy as that.

First, wash and dry a variety of baby jar sizes. Then trace the lids onto some fabric, cut them out, and attach to the top with Mod Podge. Then apply a generous amount of Mod Podge to the tops.

Then cut a few pieces of twine/rafia/ribbon, and attach with hot glue, almost all the way around the edges of the lid. Make sure to cover up all of the sides of the lid….

Then tie the ends together into a knot or bow.

Fill with little sweet treats and you’re ready for a simple little addition to any occasion.

**And you’re not supposed to notice, but yes, the pumpkin jar isn’t quite as full……..because yes, I kept snacking on those little suckers right out of the bag and then didn’t have enough to fill up the jar. This candy corn autumn mix is strangely addicting. Dang.

Filed under Gift Ideas, Holiday, Miscellaneous, No Sew, Re-purposing

Comments

59 Responses to “Treat Jars from Baby Food Jars”
    Jessica says:

These are adorable!! Never thought of something like that! Great idea :)

Brittany Ann says:

So cute! I love this idea.

Tiffany says:

Ashley I love these and the pumpkins your made. I have some of that stuff laying around that I was going to ship out but now I'm going to make pumpkins! You're so darn creative! Love it!

Marilyn says:

These are awesome. Now to see if I can round up some baby food jars. Of course I could use larger jars too!

Julie @ Little One-of-a-Kind Design says:

very cute idea and i love the twine!

DeeDee says:

wwesome idea…thanks so much for sharing it …

maryjayne says:

I recently threw out a million of those jars I had been collecting with no purpose, now I am super bummed! Cute idea!

Palmer's says:

Adorable! I am so making these for our family Halloween Party!
    steph_itsjustme(at)yahoo(dot)com

Morgan says:

Cute! I still have a collection of baby food jars from 1 1/2 years ago. It's fun to get ideas for what to do with them! Great idea on modge podging the lid!

Jennifer says:

I would like to let you know that your blog posts, Re-Purposing: Short Sleeve to Long, Re-Purposing: Short Sleeve to Long Part 2, Treat Jars, and Catch-All Laminated Bibs have won you award badges over at Budget Friendly Blog Awards!

Head on over to my website to get your award badges and to see this month’s other winners of BFBA’s awards!

Congratulations!

Jennifer

Heather says:

This idea is super cute – thanks for sharing!

Walking in the rain says:

what a great idea! i have at least 50 of these jars saved up for random projects that i've never gotton around to …. YET!

Patti says:

Love it!

Jenny says:

You are amazing with all the things you come up with. I'm so excited to make these. Now if I had only thought to save some baby food jars a few months ago!

heather says:

these are great…..i have jelly jars i will be using to make these. i think i will also do some for thanksgiving and christmas. maybe even for kids birthday parties!

Alaina says:

Great idea! I don't have any of those baby food jars though. I'll have to ask around or use a larger size- like spaghetti sauce!

Ashley, what camera do you have? It takes GREAT pictures.

Nikki says:

what a creative idea!! I'm looking to do something like that for christmas gifts with dried fruits, I think I'll do this with teh jar tops but with bigger jars. thanks!!

Becca says:

Sooo cute! I did something similar to this for my son's 1st birthday party favors. You can see it here:

Linda @ My Trendy Tykes says:

ooooh these are cute!

Lookhart Photography says:

oh so cute! my brain is going a mile a minute with other ideas that I can do with this! Yeah!

Corey~living and loving says:

these are just darling. :) thanks for the inspiration.

Philip, Melissa, & Summer says:

Very cute. I love how simple it is.

Llama says:

I love baby food jars! I use them in my classroom for all sorts of things! This is super cute I must try! :)

Kari says:

What the heck. I had NO IDEA who's site this was, I just went to it because of Melissa's post. YOU ARE SO CRAZY TALENTED! Girl, this stuff rocks! Seriously. So cute. I love your site and all of your stuff.
    Kari
    my blog bodkins4ever.
    cooking blog kariscookingcorner.

Katelyn says:

You are so talented, especially with the Modge Podge :) Thanks for all you create!

Kim at Polka Dot Thought says:

Cute idea! I will be posting (soon) what I did with my extra candle jars..same thing–candy jars! I like the baby jar idea too–that would be a cute small work favor/gift to hand out with the baby jars. Nice!

mnmspecial says:

Dang it! I wish I had been keeping them, but I couldn't think of what I would use them for. Sorry darling baby…a few more weeks of baby food so mommy can work on a project, lol.
    Thanks Love what you do.

Texas Gal says:

I have some that I was going to throw out — PERFECT! I love these. Thanks for sharing — you have the best ideas!

Liz says:

Just the other day a busy friend watched my kids for 20 min. in the afternoon. To say thanks I packed up a slightly larger jar with "payday mix" (candy corn and roasted peanuts). I tied jute and a note around it that read:

"Thanks for watching my sweeties, even when your day was nuts!"

She loved it and it was a simple thing that made her feel appreciated.

Danny & Crystal says:

Those are so cute Ash! I love the pumpkins too–they're my favorite!

JANEAL says:

Dang….I just threw away a whole bunch of baby food jars a couple days ago. I guess I'll be hanging onto them now. Very cute idea!!

pepperblossom decor says:

Haha this is perfect for me! I save ALL my baby food jars! And just cant stand to throw them away! Everything is ALWAYS good for Something!!

Wendy says:

Cute, cute! Ive been saving these, too.

Crafts and Deals says:

So cute! You come up with the CUTEST stuff!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Rebecca Baca says:

great idea!

Nichole says:

ok so this is CRAZY!! I follow your blog and just thought yesterday I need to email you for ideas and inspiration!?!? I have all these old style glass canning jars, the kind with the glass clamp down lids…I have aquired them from here and there and cannot give them up but have done nothing with them..I have all sizes and my hubby is ready to kill me!!! so, same idea could be done as you did for this huh?? OR any other fantastic ideas you might have?? GENIUS!!!

Tasha says:

I actually have glass jars coming out my ears! But not just baby food jars, I also have salsa jars, jelly jars, pickle jars. I admit, I have a bit of a problem :) This is such a cute idea! I'm totally doing it for friends birthdays from now on! Thanks for sharing.

Rose says:

This is perfect Ashley! So far all I could think of was to stick buttons and pins in them lol. I thought about doing modge podge on the lid, but I was thinking of going all the way around and folding it under, but then I thought it wouldn't close… I suck at creating! Following instructions however, I rock that. Thanks!!

Natalie says:

So simple and so cute! I always wondered what to do with my baby food jars- storage for buttons, who knows what- i'll have to be trying this out. lets just hope my 2 year old can't figure out how to get them open!

-natalie

DangGina says:

cute, cute!

Mandy at MaKC Creations says:

I've given you an award on my blog

Thank you for all of your ideas!

Keri says:

haha too funny! Just today I put probably 20 jars in a sack trying to decide to keep them or send them on their way. Thanks for the wonderful idea!

Kimberly says:

These are so cute! I wish I had saved some baby food jars so I could make some. :-(

JTE says:

I love these! However I was wondering how you got the glue off of the jar after you removed the wrapper?

Oh, JTE, that's a good question. i should have included that trick. I use a product called "Goo Gone"….here's a link to see what it looks like:

I use it all the time to get sticky messes off of stuff. It works great!

Anne says:

I will be featuring this idea on my craft blog today. I used a picture from your site and just wanted to make sure it was okay…(let me know if it isn't.) anyhow, thank you so much for the great idea. I LOVE your site

XO Crisscross Applesauce says:

I wish I had these for my turkey toes stickers in my shop!

Catherine says:

I shared this on my blog today – thanks for the great idea!

Amy says:

what a cute and quick project! Thanks for sharing. I made one today and love it. More coming soon! :-D

Stephanie says:

Such a great idea! I am going to feature this on SomewhatSimple.com tonight!
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Steph

Lora says:

This is such a great idea! I have been saving jars of all kinds thinking that I might use them one day and now I have a purpose! Thanks for the great, cute idea!

Dee says:

Had to share these on my FB page! Great way to reuse and they are adorable! Thanks! ~Dee

Kate says:

Ok these are sooo cute! I would have never thought of an idea like that!! That is what I will use for birthday parties!! As the gift bags!! SO CUTE!!!

Sharon Dorland says:

I love this idea,,,, Holloween is one of my favorite holidays,,, Great idea…. Now I’ll have to find some baby jars… thanks for sharing… this is what pinterest is all about…. iliil