Repurposing – Boy’s Lounge Pants

I found a great tutorial here for these darling little boy pants. However, I used a re-purposed knit shirt for the project instead of linen.

(If those instructions from the link above were confusing, I have since then created another tutorial here that explains it differently.)

So, I determined the size of pattern I would need for the pants by tracing around a pair of pants that fit my little guy pretty well right now……

And then I cut out a front piece, a back piece, and a knee pad out of paper.

And then put my pieces together using the tutorial from above.

Done.

I love the knee pad detail………so darn cute for these little rough ‘n tough boys.

Comments

21 Responses to “Repurposing – Boy’s Lounge Pants”
    Codi says:

I love it! I have all boys, so I love when you have boy projects, although I do love the girl projects for my neices!!

These will be perfect for my 8 month old, he's about to crawl and all we have are hardwood and tile, not baby friendly, so I love the little patch on the knee!

Thanks so much!

Brenda says:

I too need more boy projects. Do you have any ideas on using boys Jeans/Pants with holes in the knees. Maybe a cute way to make them look new again as I refuse to let them wear them to school with holes in the knees? I have a Preschooler and a 1st grader so something not too babyish? It drives me crazy when they are BRAND new other than a big tear!

I love how you did the stitching on the knee pads to match the knit underneath! Cute!

The Hardy Things in Life says:

I just love the lounge pants! So super fun!!

Stacy says:

those are really cute!!…….u can make it even easier by taping the front/back pattern pieces together on the straight edges…….then u only have two pieces instead of four,, most pajama patterns are like that for the pants…..they are so quick!….

Karin says:

Those pants look so comfy, they're great! And I love the patches, really cute!

Amanda says:

Very cute, I have used that tutorial with great success to. I love it…

Very very cute! What size of knit shirt did you use?
    I think these would be cute for a girl too. I'd love to make some for my daughter.

caryn says:

love it… this reminds me of the pants we used to make in high school!
    Liam needs some of these, and I have a ton of old tshirts laying around!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row says:

I can picture the little boy who would wear those! So cute

Mel says:

Fantastic :) Look forward to giving them a go, I recently did the toddler pants from a t-shirt! Lol .. Love it!

Angelie says:

I absolutely LOVE your blog!! I'll definately be visiting often! Now that I just spent the last 5 hours on here parusing!
    Thanks for the perfect "me time"!

Renee says:

Those pants look so comfy, they're great…Very very cute!…what agreat idea..thanks for sharing…
    ___________________
    renee
    Best Affordable Security Systems Suitable for Renters and Apartments, Business and RV

Our Family says:

Just found your blog today for the very first time…. I'm in love. I think I will just start at the top and work my way down on some of the fabulous projects you have! First on the list is the repurposed mens shirt to girls dress! LOVE IT! Rock it girl!

Dalling Family says:

Cute! I found another tut similar but made from a pair of your old pants…just use the bottom hem for their hem and get the length you need. Also – I made a little skirt the other day and tried making a little flower on it. It turned out okay, but I wish I would have used your tut to do it. I think part of my problem was that it was knit and it didn't hold shape as well as regular cotton. I made the stiching down the middle to try and ruffle the sides then wrapped it, but the wrapping doesn't look quite right. Check out my blog in the next few days for a pic. :o)

Crystal says:

Super cute!

I have a poll up on my blog about my BIGGEST decor dilemma. Come on over and vote, I need all the help I can get!

Renee says:

I love it! These will be perfect!!!
    Those pants look so comfy, they're great!!!!!what agreat idea..thanks for sharing…

Reenee
    Wireless Home Alarm Security Systems

Richardson's Randoms says:

Super, Super CUTE! Love the redo!

Francis Family says:

You have some very cute ideas, love them! I just wanted to let you know I added you to my link list on my family blog. You can also check out my business if you'd like here
    Thanks!!

Walston family says:

THANK YOU for doing a boy craft!! I have a little guy and have such a hard time finding cute boy patterns!

Super Hero Mom says:

I have a two year old daughter, and I always make the cutest things for her, I also have 14 month old twin boys, and I feel so bad because all I can make for them? Are some awesome beanie hats, but they won't keep them on LOL. So it's great to see a tutorial for pants for them! I can even make several of these for my daughter, and we have tons of old T shirts we can use. Have all I need, cept some elastic!