Dolly Diapers

Do you have/know a sweet little lady who loves to mommy all of her dollies? I do. My little girl likes to wrap her dollies and animals in blankies, feed them, change their clothes………..and yes, their little diapers too. It really is priceless to watch.

So I have seen these mini diapers around a number of places and just had to make some.

And yes, for Ahh-Ahh.
Well, he’s known as Curious George to most. But when my little girl couldn’t say “monkey” or “George”, she would say Ahh-Ahh. You know, the sound a monkey makes…….”Eee Eee, Ahh Ahh, Oooh Oooh” Well, it was shortened to Ahh Ahh and now that’s her little buddy’s name. Forever.

All I did was design a shape that would work as a diaper. (You can trace a real diaper and then just shrink it……..or just play around with a shape until it works.)

(After I took this picture, I even extended the back tabs that come around the bodice. So adjust to your own dolls/stuffed animals.)

Then, try it out on your doll/stuffed animal to make sure it fits and doesn’t need any adjusting.

If it fits just right, then lay it down on some fabric and cut around your pattern but add about a 1/4 inch to all sides. (for your seam allowance)

Then lay this piece on top of your lining/inner fabric and cut out another piece the same size.

Then sew these two pieces together, with right sides together. Make sure to leave an opening so that you can turn it right side out.

Then clip your corners off and also clip the curves. (Do you know why you clip the curves? So that when you turn it right side out, it lays flat and doesn’t pull along that curve. Try not clipping it and turn it right side out, to see what I mean.)

Then turn it right side out, fold in the open section, iron it flat, and then sew all the way around…..really close to the edge.

Then sew velcro onto the front and the two side flaps.
(click on image to see it bigger)

So cute……so sweet.

Filed under Children, Gift Ideas, Sewing

Comments

51 Responses to “Dolly Diapers”
    Jacylann Nix says:

those are precious! My girls would love them!

Kathleen says:

VERY CUTE!

Karin says:

So cute, so sweet indeed! I've inteded to make little diapers for the little dolls ere in the house for a long time, thanks for reminding me. Really cute!

Mama says:

VERY cute! You should have this as a "giveaway" for those of us who are "sewing-challenged".

Me and My Family says:

That is cute. I'll have to make some for my daughters toys. Also I wanted to know if I could get your baby tie pattern? I didn't see it on your tutorials and I really need one for my 16 month old son for church. Go ahead and e-mail me if you want.

Glad you guys like it. They sure are fun for the little gals.

Me and My Family – Sorry, I only offer the finished tie for sale in my shop. If you're interested, check out all of the styles in my shop.

The Hughes Family says:

Those are awesome! I will be making these when my baby girl gets older!

h2sgurl says:

Soooo, adorable! You should sell on Etsy!

Kari says:

You are the tutorial QUEEN! Love this!

Kinley says:

Love his name and love the diapers!

Audrey says:

Funny! I was just thinking I needed to make some dolly diapers–you're so ON the ball! :)

The Un-Organized Mom says:

So cute!! My daughter would LOVE these, she is always wanting diapers for her babies!

Jennifer says:

I'm making these for my daughter for her (4th) birthday! My mom got her a dolly that can wear 0-3mos clothes (so much cheaper at a garage sale or on clearance than real dolly clothes) and I'm sewing accessories. I'm sure I could've figured it out but your tutorial is awesome. Thanks!

[email protected] says:

So cute! I know some little girls who would go nuts over this. I'll be linking.

girllovestosew says:

I just had to laugh when I read this post! My son also has a monkey that he dresses up in dolls clothes – his name ??? Ooohh Aaahh Aaahh!!! Love your blog and the tutorials are awesome!

Rose says:

That is so cute. My niece dug out a "baby" today that didn't have panties on and was just fascinated that this baby didn't have clothes! May have to remedy that with a cutesie lil diaper :)

Catherine Hansen Peart says:

I have been putting off trying to work out how to make some reusable (and cheaper!) diapers for my daughter's Baby Alive. Now I don't have to use my own brain power – yay!

Steven and Savannah says:

You make EVERYTHING look so easy! I only wish my sewing machine was working so I could try this one!

Deb says:

Ah, crap! Now I have another project to do today when I was supposed to be working on so many other things! :)

But won't my little girl be so surprised to find a pile of diapers ready for her babies when she goes to play during quiet time?

Awesome! Love your blog!

Ch4ttyC4thy says:

This is great! One of my nieces likes to diaper her doll (the kind that pees!) and her mom buys Target diapers for it. I'm going to make hew a few of these. Much more eco friendly- and way more cute!

Beth says:

this is adorable. I will definately have to make one!

free indeed says:

With a 3 yr old granddaughter, I'll be able to make stuff like this now…thanks for the idea.

THANK YOU FOR THIS! We were using a piece of white felt and safety pins….it was a disaster!

Tishous says:

My daughter has been carrying aruond that exact George since last December and only wants to watch/read dvds/books with him in it. I'll def. be saving this for future use as I'm sure she'll be dressing him up in a year or two!
    Thanks so much for the tutorial! (My little lady just yells 'G!'…it was her first "word"…)

Loving Wife to Matthew and Mommy to London says:

SOOOO CUTE! I cant believe I didnt think of that before

Steven says:

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Deborah

Joanna says:

I have been meaning to make this forever! I finally did. I posted my finished product here:
    With a link to this tutorial!
    Thanks!

Jill says:

I can't believe it, my daughter calls him the same thing….too cute

Kim says:

That's too funny my daughters monkey is Ooh Ooh Aah Aah. Thanks for the great idea.

Cute. My daughter who's 21mos also calls monkey's aah aah's :) Because I make cloth diapers I was over thinking doll diapers– they'll be so much quicker without elastic, which isn't even needed. Thanks!

Bel says:

querida amei seu blog estou te seguindo bjs

April @ Sewing Novice says:

I was looking online on how to make doll diapers and found this. The funny part is that I have leftovers of the same fabric and was thinking about using it for the doll diapers. Now I know exactly what they will look like finished. :-D

Ricki says:

My daughter will love having cute little diapers for her baby doll. Thanks for the great idea!

Gigglestuff says:

Oh man, this is hilarious! I need to make some for my friends' daughters dolls!!! Thanks for sharing excellent tutorial.

CrazyCurl says:

My 2 yo dd pretends to change her Elmo doll’s diaper multiple times a day, so I just finished whipping up one of these for her so she has a non-imaginary diaper to use on him. Can’t wait to show it to her tomorrow! Thanks!

cindy says:

Just HAD to tell you ….I LOVE THEM!!! OMGTHEY ARE SOOO PRECIOUS! going to make some NOW for my daughter’s babies!

doro K. says:

a really cute idea!

I linked to your tutorial on my blog – thanks for sharing!

doro K.

Paige says:

So, I made some doll clothes for my daughter’s Cabbage Patch Doll that matches dresses and night gowns that I made for her. And I made her a new dress for her Ariel baby doll because the one that came with it was not so good now that she is bigger. As it turns outs the clothes are interchangeable, but she has been sharing the diaper from the Cabbage Patch Doll. This will totally solve the problem! I tried to make little panties, but they are difficult to put on and take off. These will be a better choice! :)

Annette says:

How much do you think I would need to adjust this to make them fit on a 15in baby, like the Bitty Babies? This pattern is so adorable and I can hardly wait to try it…once I adjust the size! Thanks!! =)

Amber says:

I just made up some of these for my daughter, and we love them! I asked her if she would like a dolly diaper and she said, “ten please!” What a hit. Thanks!

Louise says:

That’s so cute – my little girl calls her monkey “Oo Ee” , and we will definitely be making some diapers!

Fiona says:

Thanks for this tutorial! I have just made a diaper for my daughter’s doll as part of her birthday present. Thank you so much for the great tips! It was really fast and easy to make.

I like what you guys tend to be up too. This sort of clever work and coverage!
    Keep up the good works guys I’ve added you guys to my blogroll.