Cork Board & Fabric Tacks

I needed a new cork board. A big one. And here’s why. My fridge is covered in fliers, notes, coupons, schedules, etc. It is one big mess. So I needed to cut down the mess somehow.

So I bought an old cork board from the thrift store and covered the frame. If you’d like to do the same or make your own cork board, use one of my past tutorials here.

Then I used a tutorial here to make some fabric tacks. Love them.

And came up with this.

Now it’s time to de-clutter that ‘ol fridge.

Your welcome husband. (He hates the stuff on the fridge.)

XO

Filed under Home Decor, Miscellaneous, No Sew

Comments

9 Responses to “Cork Board & Fabric Tacks”
    robinsonsarewaiting says:

I love making the tacks too – also I’ve made button magnets – so fun. Great idea with the fabric frame… hmm…

Shana says:

haven’t tried fabric covered buttons for tacks or magnets yet…
    i did want to ask if the frame has to be flat…I have several frames that have some dimension to them…will it still work or will the fabric get all funky?

Shana, if the frame has very many lines or ridges, it makes it a bit harder to shove the fabric and Mod Podge down in there but I guess you could still manage it with some patience. Hmmmm….let me know if you try it out. :)

Rose says:

I found a post to cover the ugly old cork in the frame…kind of like the dry erase board you did.

Now if I could do that with some of those buttons, I would be rockin. Cool link up to the buttons tutorial :)

Jefferey and Victoria says:

Painting the corkboard is easy peasy too… I love the last post on the strap covers.. just what I need for biking season!

Steven and Caitlin says:

i love looking at your website and seeing your projects. you are so creative! i would love to see your house. i’m sure you have cute homemade things EVERYWHERE!

Mama Vogler says:

Besides the fridge, I have a big paper clip attached to my big wall calendar, which I stuff things into, like invitations & tickets. It's all such a big mess! Thank you for this simple, yet very brilliant, idea!

Pwincess Mama says:

This is exactly what I was googling for! Thanks so much! Now…off to find a frame!

Tiffany says:

I love this idea!!! I also think it’s hilarious that last Friday while I was at Joann’s I almost bought the same fabric that you used in this project! Now I wish I would have!