Bow/Hair Clip Holder

Do you have a girl?

Do you put hairbows in her hair?

All the time?

Then you probably have a lot of hairbows floating around. Annoying, huh?

Here’s my solution.

And it’s pretty simple. And eye catching for any wall.

And “The Newton’s” left a comment, wondering if I had any ideas for bow holders. And also, I just remembered that my friend Jodi asked about this a while ago and I spaced it. Sorry Jodi! But she knows I used to sell these a couple of years ago and knew I had this little trick up my sleeve. So here you go!

(And if you want to coordinate with a nursery theme, find some fabric that matches your color scheme.)

All I did was Mod Podge a frame with some fabric……..just like THIS project (except skip the cork board part). Then I threw the glass away and then I wrapped some fabric around the inner mat like THIS project. If your mat didn’t come with an inner mat, cut a piece of cardboard down to size and wrap your fabric around that.

Then I measured out 5 pieces of ribbon that were a little longer than the mat (you can do however many you’d like) and then placed them on top of that fabric covered mat. Adjust how you’d like them and fold each end over the edge of your mat, and hot glue them into place. Do this with each ribbon. You don’t need to make them very tight because then you won’t be able to slide your clips under the ribbon. But you don’t want it too loose either, or your clips will flop around. Got it so far?

Okay, now you’ll place this part back into your dry-mod-podged-with-fabric-frame and then secure your backing into place.

Turn back around, and you’re set.

Congrats……you did it. Not too difficult, right?

Now hang on a bathroom/bedroom wall or set on a bathroom counter.

Enjoy the clutter-free space on your bathroom counters now.

Filed under Baby, Children, Miscellaneous, No Sew

Comments

37 Responses to “Bow/Hair Clip Holder”
    Jodi says:

Thanks Ash! This is going to make my bathroom TONS more organized. I think I will go to the store right now and get the stuff!!!

Shana says:

All 3 ideas are awesome! I’m in the middle of doing the cork board!

Skye and Aaron says:

I LOVE that! I’m so excited to make one!

Laura Michelle says:

Great idea. I can’t wait to try it myself.

Camrin says:

I’ve been looking for a cute bow holder idea for quite the time. Hopefully I can make mine look as cute as yours. Thanks for the great ideas! :)

Dalling Family says:

That’s a great idea. I have been sellingbow holders that are a bit similar to these but I use canvas boards and cover with fabric. I like the frame around it though.
    :-)

The Hughes Family says:

Oh I absolutly LOVE you!!!! I swear you read my mind sometimes…my bows and clips are up on a shelf in a big huge pile…all messy!

The Jordans says:

Thank you so much for posting this…. I have been trying to find something like this that I can do that I love, and you have just solved the problem. Thanks!

Melissa says:

I have seen a few bow holder tutorials around blog-land, hehe but none I have seen are as cute as this!! :) If I had a little girl you better believe I would be making this ASAP! I will keep it in mind for the future or for gifts though! So cute!

Lyanna says:

You know, I was just thinking about making a bow holder for my girls! I am expecting girl #2 in 7 weeks, and the bows are barely managable now, let alone once we get more…

I have only seen the ones where you make it out of a hanger though, and wasn’t really feelin those. So, THANK YOU THANK YOU for giving me a much prettier way to fix my dilema!!! I can’t wait to make one of these!! I am sure I already have the fabric (I’m a fabricaholic), so now off to the store to get the frame and goop!

Krystal says:

LOVE IT! I have recently been looking for an idea to clip my bows to! This is MUCH better then what I came up with….thanks!

The Hughes Family says:

Hey one more thing I was going to add was that I have a whole bunch of headbands too so you could always add some cute hooks to the bottom to hang the head bands on…Im deinatly not as creative as Ashley so I dont even know if that would even look good but jsut an idea!!!:)
    Lacey

Noodle says:

Hi! Question: I’ve seen a number of your projects around here and there before, but yours are soooo cute! Anyway, I was just wondering if we can make things to sell that you do tutorials on, when we’ve seen them other places. Do you know how that would work? We had already decided to make some, but don’t want to feel like we’re violating the spirit of your requests on this one, and just want to know for sure. :)
    Thanks a bunch!

Noodle says:

Okay. Duh…I just read your FAQs, which answered my own question. So we just can’t use YOUR tutorials to make things to sell. Okay! ‘Cause my daughter had already made some of the things before she saw your tutorials. Thanks, and feel free to clarify if you need to.

Lacey, that’s actually a great idea. It would help with the headband problem too.

Noodle – Right, the tutorials are not to be used to make things to sell. But by all means, I don’t own the idea itself, so if you have your own patterns and stuff……of course. Sell it!! And good luck. It’s a fun way to earn some extra money.

amybluestar says:

Great idea! Very cute. Love your blog.

Joseph & Anna Heintzelman says:

did you use regular mod podge or mod podge for fabric?

Rose says:

Omigosh, I was seriously just thinking today of making some kind of ribbon thing that I could suction cup to the bathroom mirror for my daughters barrettes, when her dad takes them out he leaves them in the bathroom, and they are tiny little things since she is only 7 months old. What a great idea and it will look so nice in the bathroom too! I’m totally doing this! Thanks again for another great idea!

Rose says:

Hey, I also have lots of little glass baby food jars, any ideas for those other than just recycling them? I’m drawing a creative blank and the only things I can come up with are simply using them to hold stuff. :P

You know Anna, I honestly didn’t know that there was a fabric mod podge. Whoops!! :) So I’m thinking I have just the regular kind.

Rose, how funny! Hope you love it in your bathroom. And baby food jars…..hmmmmmm, I might have to think about that one for a while. I’ll let you know if something comes to mind.

Natalie says:

I was just wondering where you found the frame?

Natalie,

I found the frame at a craft store called Roberts. It was just raw frame, no paint, no finish, and no glass. It was pretty inexpensive this way. I’m thinking it was $6 or so.

Good luck!!

Kelli says:

I am soooooooooo excited about making this! Thanks!

Tiffany says:

I'll be linking to this from myskinnypurse.blogspot.com as a tutorial. I did one, but it turned out a little different…a little variation. Thanks for the great idea!

Tiffany says:

myskinnypurse has changed to mypetitepurse.blogspot.com

thanks!

Anissa says:

Hi – I just made this and linked back to you on my blog with pictures. Thanks again for another great tutorial!!!

melody rose says:

Just made one of these and am so happy with how it turned out! Thanks!

Kelli Ann Smith says:

Ok… I hope you still read these comments! I JUST found your blog and I am LOVING IT!!! This project especially! I wear hair bows in my hair and can NEVER find the one I want. This will help in a huge way!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tweet Cheek Boutique says:

Super cute! Love the black and white. I just made some using the picture with a ribbon hanging off style. I was planning on blogging about it next week but maybe I'll make one of these first and then blog about the two different kinds.

Megan says:

Love it! I think I'll use some slightly elastic ribbon to adjust for slack and avoid flappiness. I am enjoying all your project so much, keep 'em coming!!! – Such a big fan!

ImaYaYa says:

Love this! I'm making bows for my grand daughters and this will be perfect to "finish" them off!

Sandi says:

In response to one of the previous questions, you could attach baby jars to the frame for rubber bands and other pony tail holders. Something like this…

It’s going to be end of mine day, but before ending I am reading this wonderful article to increase my experience.

Edith says:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about hair bow holder. Regards

Travis says:

Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after looking at a few of the posts I realized it’s
    new to me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely delighted I found it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back regularly!

Good way of describing, and fastidious article to take facts
    regarding my presentation subject matter, which i am
    going to present in school.