Tissue Holder

How’s the bottom of your purse? Is it chaotic down in there? Does it have stray tissues or wadded up mini tissue packages, jammed between your wallet and your cell phone? If so, you’re like the rest of us.

How about de-cluttering your purse a bit?

Let’s place those tissues into a little, no-fuss holder. You might be happier to find a clean tissue, rather than one crusted with ink and lint.

You’ll Need:

• 2 pieces of coordinating fabric, 6 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches each.
  • double sided, iron-on adhesive 6 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches.
  • 1/2 inch wide, double fold bias tape (you’ll use about 26 inches of it)
  • velcro
  • thread

First, cut your 2 pieces of fabric and your adhesive into 6 1/2 x 7 1/2 inch rectangles.

Then lay the adhesive layer between the two pieces of fabric (with wrong sides together) and iron to fuse them together.

Then, on one of the 6 1/2 inch ends, fold your bias tape over the edge and sew into place.

Pin two pieces of velcro right above your bias tape (to the outer fabric) about 1 1/2 inches apart. Sew into place.

Then fold this end up 1 3/4 inches and pin into place.

Fold one end of your bias tape down about 1/4 inch, to help hide the ends as your sewing it into place.

Pin into place on your bottom right corner (with one side of the fold flapped over the inner fabric and the other side of the fold flapped over the outer fabric) and continue to line the edge as you make your way up to the top right corner.

Fold the tape over at a 90 degree angle.

Fold the tape over, to create a neat corner.

Do the same with the next corner and keep pinning your bias tape in place until the very end. Make sure to leave enough of the tape at the end to be able to fold the last 1/4 of an inch under. Then pin the other sides of your velcro right onto the bias tape so that when you stitch the bias tape in place, you can just sew the velcro in at the same time.

Stitch the bias tape and velcro in place.

**I sewed two lines down the top flap, to secure the velcro into place.

Drop in your tissue package……….

And you’re ready for a cleaner, less cluttered purse.

Simple.

Filed under Accessory, Miscellaneous, Sewing

Comments

11 Responses to “Tissue Holder”
    Kara says:

I love this idea!

Cari says:

I LOVE this tutorial. You can even enlarge this and use it for so many things. I think I am going to make a larger one for my planner and notebook. I’m gonna add a loop for a pen. PERFECT! I HEART organization!

jodikeeling says:

i made one almost identical a few weeks ago.. i do love all of your ideas.. thanks

Sarah (Team Chilton) says:

Awesome idea! And like Cari mentioned above, you can make it bigger for other things. I love it. I love simple projects that have many uses. I just wish my machine was working, and I could make it right now!

The Hardy Things in Life says:

Super cute idea, and then maybe I could find them when I really need them!! Hey so since you are a pro seamstress, I would like to make a really cute wallet, yeah wouldn’t that be fun!! I have looked but not too much luck!! So if you have any suggestions, or ideas please throw them at me!! You are awesome!! Thanks Ashley!!

Makamae says:

ASHLEY! Do you remember me??? We were in the same ward in like 2004 at BYU-Idaho when you were engaged!!! How are you??? I kinda blog hopped right on in. Its good to see you on here! Hope alls well!

Laura McGee says:

oh my! my mom needs this! she always has those small tissue packages smashed down in her purse!!

Danny & Crystal says:

That is such a great idea and so cute too! Thanks for sharing :)

I love this! It would make a great gift card/cash holder too. I'm going to make some with kid fabric and have them on hand for all of those birthday parties my 6 yr. old gets invited to. No more last minute trips to Wal-Mart!

Love it! so cute and a great way to store those tissues! and it can be used for so many other things!