Ribbon Capri’s

Did you fall in love with the Capri’s from the latest giveaway?

Is that because of the ribbon at the bottom or did you fall in love with the idea of spring and wearing capri’s outside?? Do you want some for a little girl you know?

Pretty quick project.

I found these capri’s at an “end of season” sale several months ago at Old Navy. That’s one of my favorite hobby’s…….finding a discount!! I only spent a couple of dollars on them and got a few different colors of ribbon to attach to the bottom. I used 11 pieces of varying width ribbon for each leg, cut them each 3 inches long, heat sealed the ends with a lighter, and then pinned them to the bottom of the capri’s (while inside out), 1/4 inch apart.

I sewed around the capri leg once, and then another time, really close to the bottom edge.

Turn them right side out and let your little lady slip right into them. She’ll love ‘em.

Filed under Baby, Children, Clothing, Gift Ideas, Sewing

Comments

7 Responses to “Ribbon Capri’s”
    Rose says:

That is so simple it’s mind boggling!! I seriously thought you purchased them that way! Does that make me dum?? lol

Sher says:

I have totally have wanted to do this, how simple and such a cute little detail for jeans! ;)

Watsons says:

How does the ribbon hold up in the wash??? It looks like you used only grosgrain ribbon, but would it work with other types (and not get destroyed by my washing machine)?

It does pretty well with the grosgrain. Just make sure to sew it well and extra times if you want to be safe. But the grosgrain doesn't unravel or anything…….just be sure to heat seal the ends. I'm not sure how another type of ribbon would do. Good luck!

GreenMomma88 says:

This is a great project for a little girls who jeans are just a little too short in the legs but a still a little too long for capris.

This is perfect for my daughters jeans that are no longer fitting in length. Its a really great way to make her jeans last longer so i get more bang for my buck. Thanks

That looks awesome! the ribbons matching the bag makes it look even cuter!