Dress up that Mini Notebook

First of all……thank you so much for all of your comments. I appreciate hearing from all of you. And I love hearing that some of you are in the process of getting a sewing machine. You’ll love it. There are so many things to make with your own little humming machine. And I have the purse pattern all ready, except for one little thing. But I will let you know when the glitch is ironed out. Darn technology. :o)

Until then, here’s another non-sewing project for you.

Do you need a little notebook to throw in your bag/purse? Well I did too. And of course, I pulled out the ‘ol Mod Podge for this project.

You’ll need to buy any type of notebook (I bought one that is about 6-7 inches tall) for a dollar or two, enough scrap fabric to cover the front and back and some coordinating ribbon.

First, cut your fabric to size.

Then apply a layer of Mod Podge to the front of the notebook and apply the piece of fabric. Trim the fabric if necessary.

Apply another layer of Mod Podge to the top of the fabric and let it dry completely.

Hot Glue a piece of ribbon to the front and back of your notebook and tie it closed.

Toss it in your bag for those “Ack, I need a piece of paper, quick!” type of emergencies.

Comments

15 Responses to “Dress up that Mini Notebook”
    The Dyer Family says:

I am new to your blog. My friend told me about all of the fun things that you do. Can I just say that you are so creative! I can’t wait to start on some of the projects myself!!!
    Thanks for all of the fun ideas.
    Kristin Dyer

Kara says:

Super cute! I'm going to make some of these for my nieces (age 8 & 5) to take to church! They will LOVE them! You are the greatest!

Shannon says:

Ashley, do you think you could use scrapbook paper on the front of this? Just wondering & I have tons of paper that is just sitting around. I ♥ your stuff!!

Alicia says:

Ashley–
    This is Alicia–Rob’s roommate from BYU. I stumbled across your blog recently–Why was Robin holding out??!!! Your stuff is
    AD-OR-A-BLE!!! I wanted to find out how to make your little boy ties, shirts and shoes. #3 (our first boy!!) is coming in 2 weeks and my mom is coming to town. I am going to make her make me a ton of those darling little ties while we sit around the house. Do you already have a tutorial?? Thanks! And keep up the darling projects!!

Shannon, for sure you could use paper. That would be perfect and would hold its shape really well.

Oh Alicia…..how funny. Robin’s a little secret-keeper! I’ll have to send you an email about the ties and such.

Embellished Bayou says:

What a great idea for all those small scraps of fabric I have laying around! Too cute, love your blog!

Conley Family says:

I stumbled across your blog and I am so glad I did! You have such FANTASTIC and ADORABLE stuff. I can’t wait to start some of these projects! I also love the little girl shoes you sell in your etsy shop!

Audra Laney says:

Just found this project and am going to try it in about 10 minutes! Thanks for such a great idea!

Anissa says:

My link to making these super cute notebooks! So much fun!

Sou sua nova seguidora, adorei seus trabalhos e hei de me valer dos tutoriais que tão generosamente compartilha e agradeço por isso. Um bom fim de semana, beijinhos.

woooorales esta iper mexaa woo crazy la idea esata grazy heheh

aaa sii hehhe tienes muxa razon

jajajajja sii ahora ya se como forrar mis librethaas co0l!!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] Libreta forrada Posted in Blogs interesantes, General, Scrapbooking, Tutoriales 26/07/12 Me ha encantado este tutorial entre otras cosas porque me encantan las libretas, es sencillo, aunque un poco cutre, pero se pueden sacar buenas ideas mirándolo… Make it and love it [...]