Boys Can Wear Cute Belts Too

My little guy doesn’t really need a belt like my little girl does, but I had some boyish ribbon and wanted to show the boy variation to the homemade belt. It turned out pretty studly-ish. (Come on. You know that’s a word.)

Just click here for the tutorial from a little while ago.

Filed under Accessory, Children, Clothing, Miscellaneous, Sewing

Comments

12 Responses to “Boys Can Wear Cute Belts Too”
    Diane says:

Cute! I love it! Where do you get your ribbon from?

Eric, Cori and Q says:

Oh my Conner is becoming a monster. I can’t believe he fits into those pants that Q just grew out of! Wowzers (that is a word too)! I need him to come visit so I can squeeze his chub!

Laura McGee says:

I LOVE IT!!! i saw this tut a while ago and never thought about making one for my little boy! and does he ever need a belt! this boy cant keep pants on!

Diane, I got that ribbon from Wal-Mart.

I know Cori……where’d my newborn go??

Good Laura, I’m glad this is something you’ll use!!!!

Team Chilton says:

I’m one of your followers. You totally read my mind. I’ve been wanting to make some belts for my 2 year old little guy. I don’t have boy-ish ribbon though, so I am scraping together some fabrics then double siding it (maybe it will be reversible….if I have time).

Chalece says:

I love these belts! I made one for my daughter and her pants finally stay on! Is there a certain kind of ribbon you get? The one I got seems to get scrunched all the way around. Thanks for the tutorial!

Chalece – I used a grosgrain ribbon for my little girl’s belt and this little boy one is like a woven ribbon of some sort. It’s almost like canvas…….I think. I’m not sure what else to call it. But it’s rougher than grosgrain. Does that help.

Team Chilton – How funny that you were about to do this too. Fabric would be darling. Let me know how it turns out.

Casey says:

I am constantly looking for belts for my little guys. I can never find them without buying high end jeans or church pants. This is a great way to make an awesome casual belt I love it Thank you so much. Now i dont have to put church belts on my kids

Lynn says:

I just made a belt using the same ribbon but somehow I started getting single loops of loose thread in the seams. is it the tension or am I sewing too fast. My seams don't look pretty/neat like yours.

Lynn, yes it sounds like a tension issue. Adjust your knobs and use some scratch fabric to test out all of the settings. Good luck and try it again!!