Boys Can Wear Cute Belts Too

My little guy doesn’t really need a belt like my little girl does, but I had some boyish ribbon and wanted to show the boy variation to the homemade belt. It turned out pretty studly-ish. (Come on. You know that’s a word.)

Just click here for the tutorial from a little while ago.

Comments

12 Responses to “Boys Can Wear Cute Belts Too”
    Diane says:

Cute! I love it! Where do you get your ribbon from?

Eric, Cori and Q says:

Oh my Conner is becoming a monster. I can’t believe he fits into those pants that Q just grew out of! Wowzers (that is a word too)! I need him to come visit so I can squeeze his chub!

Laura McGee says:

I LOVE IT!!! i saw this tut a while ago and never thought about making one for my little boy! and does he ever need a belt! this boy cant keep pants on!

Diane, I got that ribbon from Wal-Mart.

I know Cori……where’d my newborn go??

Good Laura, I’m glad this is something you’ll use!!!!

Team Chilton says:

I’m one of your followers. You totally read my mind. I’ve been wanting to make some belts for my 2 year old little guy. I don’t have boy-ish ribbon though, so I am scraping together some fabrics then double siding it (maybe it will be reversible….if I have time).

Chalece says:

I love these belts! I made one for my daughter and her pants finally stay on! Is there a certain kind of ribbon you get? The one I got seems to get scrunched all the way around. Thanks for the tutorial!

Chalece – I used a grosgrain ribbon for my little girl’s belt and this little boy one is like a woven ribbon of some sort. It’s almost like canvas…….I think. I’m not sure what else to call it. But it’s rougher than grosgrain. Does that help.

Team Chilton – How funny that you were about to do this too. Fabric would be darling. Let me know how it turns out.

Casey says:

I am constantly looking for belts for my little guys. I can never find them without buying high end jeans or church pants. This is a great way to make an awesome casual belt I love it Thank you so much. Now i dont have to put church belts on my kids

Lynn says:

I just made a belt using the same ribbon but somehow I started getting single loops of loose thread in the seams. is it the tension or am I sewing too fast. My seams don't look pretty/neat like yours.

Lynn, yes it sounds like a tension issue. Adjust your knobs and use some scratch fabric to test out all of the settings. Good luck and try it again!!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] Belts are fun for both girls and boys.  All you need is 5 minutes to make your own Simple Ribbon Belt: [...]