Necklace Holder

Do you live in a small space? Don’t have quite enough room for a jewelry box? Well, one that’s large enough to hold all of those bulky necklaces? Well, you may not have this problem…but I unfortunately do. One day I will have a spot to place a beautiful upright jewelry box with those convenient necklace doors. I’ll probably never have enough jewelry to fill it…..but I sure admire the lovely convenience of them.

Until then, I have to improvise a bit.

This doesn’t take nearly as much space.

Just hang it up on your wall and let the necklaces dangle.

You’ll need:

• A frame
  • Some sort of hook
  • Mod Podge (I use this stuff so often…I know!!)
  • Material to cover the frame
  • Glue Gun
  • Scissors

For more exact instructions on covering a frame with fabric and Mod Podge…go HERE. After you have covered the frame, cover the backing as well. Allow to dry and then hot glue the backing into place. Then apply hot glue to the back of your hook and attach to the center of the frame. Hang up and add necklaces.

Filed under Accessory, Home Decor, Miscellaneous, No Sew

Comments

17 Responses to “Necklace Holder”
    Team Chilton says:

I LOVE IT! I made a jewelry board a few months ago sort of like this:

I love yours though. I like the fabric around it. (The one I made, I just spray painted gold). Thanks for the awesome tutorials!

Cute board. Great idea too. I have never seen anything like this. I have come to the conclusion that there are so many creative people out there……everything has been done. I have to tell myself when I think I have created a whole new idea……it’s probably 5 years old already. So funny.

The Hardy Things in Life says:

that is so darn cute and such a space saver! love it!

Scrappy Gifts says:

I definitely have that problem so this is a cute simpler idea than what I’d been doing.

✩Molly✩ says:

LOOOOOOOVE this one, as this is a HUGE problem for me in my tiny space! cant wait to try this! thanks!:)

Sher says:

Why didn’t I think of that? lol! I just painted a little wood block with a hook for the babies room, not sure yet what to hang on it. But now I must make me one, because I really need a nifty way to hang my necklaces. High Five! ;) (check out my Memory Journal box I recently made on my blog!)

Cassi says:

I hope you get your comments emailed to you since this post was from a while ago.
    I have wanted to make this project for a long time and finally got all the stuff except a hook. I can’t find one anywhere! Where did you get yours? I must be looking in the wrong stores because I can’t find anything even close.
    If you have time to answer i’ll check these comments again or my email is [email protected].
    Thanks for your super fun blog!!

The Coopers says:

Oh my goodness this is such a good idea, why didnt I ever think of this?!! I am so going to the store TONIGHT and getting started on this, I am in desperate need of this! Thank you for these awesome ideas:)

jfarnsworth says:

Where did you get the hook that you used for your necklace holder? I love it and I haven't been able to find anything like it

I bought that hook at a craft store while living in ID, called Porters. Sorry…..I wish there was a place to find it online. Perhaps googling would result in something similar. Good luck! :)

This would be a wonderful towel holder for the bathroom…love it! thriftyideas.com

Carolyn says:

I love Porter's–everytime I go back home I have to make a stop or two at Porter's.

French Elegant Jewelry says:

very cute I've never seen one this way great idea.

French Elegant Jewelry says:

very cute I've never seen one this way great idea.

Rainbow Bekah says:

I did it, I made this! Its not as cute as yours but I still love it! Thanks for sharing this idea and you can check out the picture of mine at rainbowandsunshineproject.blogspot.com

:0)

Adrienne says:

I would use this in guest rooms, bathrooms, kitchens etc, for my bulky necklaces/bracelets I hang a shoe holder (the plastic over the door kind with pockets) and put the bulky stuff in there. Out of the way, and nothing gets tangled, everything gets its own pocket.