Nursing Cover Clips

Do you have any of these laying around from the binky clip tutorial?

Well, I did. A whole package of them. I know I have seen these nursing cover clips around……but I’m not sure what is used. It might be something a bit better. But I was just cleaning out the trinket box/drawer/pile that I have. Do you have one? Sometimes it’s nice to whittle it down. :o)

But I used the same directions from the binky clip tutorial to attach clips/buttons to both ends of a 20 inch long ribbon.

Attach your two clip ends to one end of a blanket, right in the center, to keep your blanket up and around your baby while nursing……for optimum coverage with an itty bitty price-tag.

Who doesn’t like to save a dollar or two??

**Helpful Hint: Attach the clips far enough apart to allow enough of a droop in the blanket, so that you can still see your baby. I know, it’s not as sturdy as the boning used in this tutorial, but it still gives you a little gap to peek under.

Comments

15 Responses to “Nursing Cover Clips”
    aubrey says:

Where do you find all these adorable buttons?

I got those at Wal-Mart. I have seen lots of similar buttons at Jo-Ann’s. They’re not very expensive either.

Ryan & Rachael says:

You are so creative! I love it! Actually, I love you too.

Simply Lulu Boutique says:

Great idea! Who needs to carry around a blanket AND a nursing cover? Multi-tasking, love it!

lfhcreative says:

What a fantastic idea! I have made many a hooter hider for friends, but this is genius! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing all your FUN ideas!

Amy says:

You are amazing! I love looking a your latest project and trying to replicate the ones I can do. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us, and reminding us that it doesn’t have to be expensive to look good!

Me and My Family says:

How did you attach the ribbon to the clips? Just hot glue?

Yes, I just used hot glue. Quick and easy.

Jared and Taralie says:

Ashley, I just found your blog through a friend and I am already addicted. I want to try to make everything it is all so cute. Where do you get all your fabric? I love it. I love these clips and it gave me an idea when I saw them. You could also shorten the ribbon and use it for a baby bib clip with cute little rags or napkins if you are on the go. No more messy bibs in your diaper bag!!

Have you found any craft to use the plastic clip portion of the card holder?

Stefanie says:

I made something very much like this for my kids. I attatch it to a napkin at a restaurant and I have an instant disposable bib. I use them all the time.

Courtney says:

Hi Ashley! I just wanted to let you know that I used your AMAZING idea for these clips, tweaked it a bit, and shared it at http://terminallydomestic.blogspot.com/2012/03/nursing-cover-straps.html

Thanks so much for all your wonderful ideas. I ADORE your blog!

Courtney

Joyce, KY says:

This would be great for Nursing homes for the patients to use to clip napkins around their neck each meal. I not sure where you found the clips? A Great project for Ladies Circles, 4-H groups to make to take to the nursing home.

cathy moore says:

You can get the clips at an office supply store, in the aisle where they have ID badges, etc.