Apron Variation

Did you see yesterday’s post? Well, here’s a slight variation.

All I did differently was add a strip of pieced together fabrics to the bottom. And then another strip of the main fabric below that. Depending on how many colors you want to incorporate, divide it up and add 1/4-1/2 inch on each side of each square/rectangle for seam allowances. Go on, try it. I bet you’ll be begging to do the dishes more often. (**Disclaimer: Results may vary. “Begging” effect might be delayed in some consumers.)

P.S. I would love to see pictures. So if you make an apron, or any other project, please show me. I love to see everyone’s work. It makes me smile.

Comments

8 Responses to “Apron Variation”
    Rachel H. says:

SOOO CUTE! I can’t wait to get makin’ this!!

Talia says:

I love these little aprons! They are so cute! I have always loved the idea of an apron, but never liked putting it over my head, so I should definitely make one of these half-aprons! You are always making the cutest stuff! Way to go on being creative and keeping busy and productive! :)

Jodi says:

I get on here everyday just to see what you have made since I checked a few hours before. You are amazing. I already have a list of gifts I am going to make for people ( assuming they aren’t on here making these things themselves )

Jodi says:

Me again sorry- where are you getting all your cute fabric? It is turning into a topic of conversation…

So glad this will work out for you guys. Pretty fun apron.

So Jodi……I responded to Janine in the last post and so I’ll just copy my answer from there. Most people probably won’t notice it so here it is again.

Janine – I just browse stores when I am in the area. Joann’s, Hancock’s, Porter’s (only local), and sometimes little local stores when I’m visiting other states. You know, fabric stores are always rotating fabrics and so it really depends on the time of year. So I always browse and sometimes I’ll just buy a half yard here or there and stash it away (bad habit). But gosh, I don’t really buy anything online. They seem to cost more and I don’t want to pay for shipping. I do however, really like http://www.purlsoho.com/purl Cute stuff.

Does that help at all Jodi?!?!

ANyway, can’t wait to see some of the stuff you’re making….go on, send me a picture!!!!!

The Mortensens says:

Your blog is adorable!!! I’m so glad I ran into it! I got here because I was looking for a tutu pattern. Yours is seriously adorable. I love blog hopping, and crafting, and I already want to try out everything you’ve made!! I’m no professional, I just like creating and working with my hands. THANK YOU for sharing!!

Wes and Dani says:

Check out my apron here: http://craftrookie.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-first-apron-attempt-and-tutorial.html

LOVE your blog…always. :)

Dani @ craftrookie.blogspot.com

tool pouches says:

we are selling aprons any one interested?