Dish Soap Dispenser

I am not the best dish-doer. So anything that I can find to make it easier…….I’ll use it. My sister saw this idea originally and passed it on to me.

Find an olive oil dispenser at any ‘kitchen/home’ store…….and pour your liquid soap inside.

And voila! All set to pour your soap…….

Why I have found this to be convenient:

• Fast, easy, and convenient.
  • No flip-tops or pull-tops to mess with.
  • Only one hand is needed.
  • It’s much more lovely than a soap bottle out on your counter.
  • OR, if you put that ugly soap bottle under the counter, you can instead leave this out all of the time and then you don’t have to bring your soap out each time.

**If you use yellow soap, watch out if you have house guests…….they might think it’s olive oil and pour it in the frying pan. Or if they’ve been around too long, you might not want to tell them….

Comments

15 Responses to “Dish Soap Dispenser”
    Jerolyn and Matt says:

That sounds familiar! Remember Matt couldn’t find the soap? Haha! Anyway, it’s still a good idea! I need to do something like that!

Rob-O says:

Yeah i remember someone making soapy O’brien potatoes once. watch out!

Alicia Alee says:

You are hilarious. I love how you word all of your posts! You have such a great sense of humor.

Wendy says:

my friend added some pretty stones in the bottle to even spruce the look even more. (you know the shiny pebbles you can find at the dollar store.)
    ps I am marianna’s friend

Her Tale In Time says:

thats so cool! my mom used an old boby wash bottle that has a pump, and its huge! it's easy too use too so the bottle doesnt get all slimy from trying to re-soap the sponge. we just push the pump and tada lol. i like the glass bottle though its so much more prettier hehe

Stacy says:

you could add cute vinyl lettering to the bottle spelling soap.

Lea-Ann says:

funny. i've done this for a while, and my drizzler is shaped like a erlenmeyer flask. my soap is green, so it looks like i have a science experiment on the sink!

Jorgensen's says:

our bottles came in a 2 pack so we use one for soap and the other for homemade maple syrup. I like to make a lot at once so I don't have to make it every morning- this makes it nice to store it in. It looks nice on your table and you can warm it up as well!

Kyria and Nick says:

I covered a set of two of these with the fabric that matches my kitchen and they are SO cute! I use one for dish soap and one for hand soap.

Becky says:

I have been doing this for years. I also find that I use less dish soap since it doesn't pour out as fast.

Kristen says:

My mom uses one of these for her dish soap – she even painted a design on hers. Crafting runs in the family :)

Lady A/ says:

To make this even prettier – glass etch the dispenser
    see section on glass etching here: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/06/glass-etching.html

Sandrine says:

You may have not had any problems but I could imagine that sliding out of one’s hands if the glass gets a slippery film of soap on it. Maybe you could take a silicon pot holder, cut it up into a few rectangles and glue them to two or four of the sides for a nice grip. Eh… but silicon pot holders are not the cheapest. Any other ideas or is it just fine the way it is?

Jen says:

I recently started using this and I love the look, but I find that the tip is constantly getting clogged with old soap that doesn’t drip back down. I’ve been thinking about watering it down a bit, or maybe I need to buy a brand name soap. Have you ever ran into this problem?