It’s time to vote on another round of… “WHAT DO YOU WANT TO MAKE?”

what do you want to make 1

Remember how in the past, I have polled you guys, to see what you’re most interested in making?  I realized I haven’t done that in such a loooooong time.  And well, it’s time.  I thought it would be fun to do before the baby arrives this summer.  And well, I actually get a kick out of trying something I didn’t think of or necessarily need around my house.  But even more, I really love hearing what you all are itching to make.

Here are a couple projects that won in the past:

Fabric Dolls….oh, how I loved making these!

Fabric Boxes…..that work in so many different spaces.

(I swear there’s at least one more project I made from a popular vote here….but I can’t think of what it is.  Hmmm.)

Soooooo……..if you’re anything like me, you see something in a store, or online, or hmmmm, maybe at the neighbor’s house — and you love it.  But maybe you don’t love the price tag.  Or the fabric used.  So, you call a friend/sister/grandma/uncle and you ask them to help you figure it out.

I wish I could have you over and we could kinda dissect it together……but doing so here on this blog will have to do.  Deal?

In the past, I have shared a few things from around the web, to kinda get your ideas rolling…..but please, don’t limit yourselves to the image I share here.  Leave a comment (with a link) to something you’ve been dying to make.  And then I’ll pull ideas from the comments from this post and create a poll that includes the most popular ideas that you guys can vote on.  Whatever item gets the most votes, wins.  And then I’ll try and pick it apart and share how to make it.  Well, that is, if I think that I can make it.  Ha!  But if I can’t, I’ll tweak it a bit until it makes sense in my brain…..and then I’ll share.

Sound fun?  Okay, do tell…..what are you just dying to make?!!!

Need some ideas?

Girl dresses are always fun to sew.  Are you itching to try a new style?

1 girl dresses

source ::: source ::: source ::: source

Or maybe you’ve been dying to make some new bedding…..and aren’t quite sure how to tackle it.

1 bedding

source ::: source ::: source

Oh wait……I know you want to make something for you.  Maxi anyone?

1 maxi dress

source ::: source ::: source

Or yeah, maybe you need some new sort of window treatment to make your living space pop.

1 curtains

:: source ::

Or hmmmmmm……..a new purse or tote?

1 purse

source ::: source ::: source

Okay, or maybe you want to make something really fun and playful like a play space for your kids/grandkids…

1 play spaces

source ::: source ::: source

If one of the above images wins for you……tell me in the comments.  If you’d rather make something different or have another idea you’d like to add, leave a comment.  Chances are, others will love it too.  (And if you see someone else’s idea in the comments and you’d really like to make that too, reply to that comment and chime in with a “me too!”.  Then I’ll see that many like the same item.)

Okay……let’s see what you have stewing around in that brain of yours.  Can’t wait…..I LOVE this! :)

Talk to you soon!

-Ashley

Filed under Random, Sewing

Comments

298 Responses to “It’s time to vote on another round of… “WHAT DO YOU WANT TO MAKE?””
    Helena says:

Hard choice! I love the idea of a maxi dress, but what I really need to make is curtains for several rooms and windows.

Brandi says:

I’m such a sewing newbie, but the purses looks like something I could handle. I’d love to make one for my daughter!

Nicole says:

Ashley, I NEED to know how to make that pink curtain stage for Stella!! Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaase do that one????? I will beg. And show up on your doorstep with yummy treats if necessary.

Emily says:

I’ve been wanting to make a little play house for my kids for AGES! I’ve never found a very good tutorial on it though. I’d love to see you make one!

Sophie says:

Purse, dresses… we see it over and over!

But those castle/house/curtains, whatever you call it, THAT is NEW!

Diana says:

Maxi dress and play house/fort are my top want to makes!

Lyn says:

purse or tote!!! They are darling!!!

Janell A says:

Bags please!!!

I want to learn to make an indoor playhouse like the first picture! I love that it could be decorated differently to suit everyone’s style/need!

Kalie says:

Basket weaves curtains!

Denise says:

MAXI DRESS please………..

Andrea c says:

Would really like this nursing scarf!

Jennifer H. says:

Hi Ashley -
    The basket-weave curtains made me think of these dresses that I’ve seen online, with a basket-weave front, for nursing access…

I am so curious about whether you would think this is easy to make…!?!?!?

Megan P. says:

I love the idea of this nursing dress. I would love a maxi dress and nursing wear can be so pricey.

Schevone says:

One from each? Personally I am currently trying to figure out how to make bedding – I love the white and the mint pictures. And summer = maxi dresses :)

Jolene says:

Ahhh! It is so hard to choose just one – can you do two? ;) I am torn between the maxi and the play space – but I will vote for the place space since I wanted to make one for the kiddos at Christmas but couldn’t find a really great tutorial! Looking forward to seeing what wins! :)

I’ve always wanted to make a teepee / tent for my daughter to play. So that one would be a great tutorial from you. HA!
    Or, I really like the idea of the copper curtain rod this guy did in his house. So I’ve been itching to try it out in my guest bedroom. You can check it out here…http://www.desiretoinspire.net/blog/2011/8/18/daniel-friedman.html

Michaela says:

I’ve been wanting to make a new style girls dress, I love the gray ruffle one. And The maxi dresses, those are harder to narrow down though I’m leaning toward the white brown and black one. I love the silhouette on that.

Kristelle says:

I love the curtains and the black and white striped tote bag

sarah says:

A purse (or large handbag) or the maxi for sure!! Let’s make something for ourselves ladies!

Jessica says:

I’m gonna vote for a maxi dress or comforter tutorial– they are all so cute!

Wendy says:

Hoo boy! You don’t make it easy at all! I want that black and white bag for my trip to Paris (my first!!!), but that play stage is what I MUST make for my granddaughters.

I would love some more maxi dress tutorials!!!

abbey says:

Play house tent!

Sara says:

Maxi dress!!

Tauna W. says:

I love this TeePee: http://www.rowenandwren.co.uk/servlet/the-369/Immy-Zigzag-Play-Teepee/Detail (!!!!) So cute, right?
    A tutorial would be awesome and make for a perfect little reading spot in a playroom.

Julie says:

Maxi dress! Preferably one with sleeves!!!

Angela says:

Could you possibly do a dress like this one? http://instagram.com/p/nyrdPWMVCy/ Or an oversized, light sweater cardigan? Or teach us how to draft a basic bodice block! I’m sure that’s something that’ll come useful to us in the future!

Eli says:

I love the play stage or the house. Too cute. The curtains and bedding are beautiful too.

Anita K says:

The comforter or a play tent ( preferably a non permanent structure kind- maybe something that can be draped over a table or something like that? I have a small living space! Haha)

melissa says:

how about one from each category? lol! first girl dress, second bedding, third maxi, love the curtains, third purse and first playhouse. you are more than welcome to make and send me the second bedding and third purse!!!

Cathleen says:

Black and white bowling bag purse…LOVE. On a more practical side…totally need new king sized duvet cover. And are king sheets as easy to make as crib sheets???

Tammy says:

OMG OMG The playhouse and stage!!! Please! I made the dolls for my girls and they love them! They take Roxie and Rosie everywhere!

Becky says:

I’m loving the play tents and purses!

zuzzan says:

Playtent for sure! Right after 3 skirts, a shirt, a raglan tee and a pair of summer pants. But then its tent time.

Mindy says:

Ahhh! All of the above! Maxi dress/skirt for sure… but also, how about some cute BOY t-shirts. You’ve done so many cute ones for girls, what about the fellas?

Crystal Rose says:

I’d love a retro inspired maxi dress for me- but PLEASE make a plus size option or custom sizing tutorial if you do.

Laurel says:

Maxis!!!!

Christina H says:

Oh my gosh, the maxis (especially the one on the right!) I can’t find anything I like or that fits in the stores. I’m not any good at sewing, but would so give that a try and the kids play house tent, my daughter would love that!

Natalie says:

I love that yellow maxi! I’d love to make one of those. Thanks for sharing all these project ideas!

Emily says:

Lightweight cardigan- knit fabric

Katelyn says:

PUFF Quilt!! PLEASEEEEEEE

Reney says:

The bags are stunning. Would love to make both stripped totes. I have lots of birthdays coming up. These would make stunning gifts.

Brooke says:

Bedding! Something pretty.

Diana says:

A purse!! Love those ideas and would love to make one for the summer!!

TinaM says:

Love the playhouses! :D

The maxi dress, please. The white one, with the graphics.

Dell Martinez says:

You didn’t have my hearts desie, so I will tell you. I would love to learn how to make those ruffeled pillows whose tops looks like a flower. I’ve seen them in furniture stores placed on sofas and chairs.

Sarah says:

they are all great ideas. I would love to see something about making bedding. Some sort of duvet or something so that when you get tired of the one you have or paint your room and they clash you could whip one up. I am new to sewing so easy is best for me! I have wanted a sunflower printed duvet for about 15 years now and have never found one. They are my favorite flower and would make me happy everytime I try to sleep (due in July so there is not much sleep going on now) Thanks!

Lynn says:

You had me at the Walker Park felt bag. LOVE IT!

Ellie says:

Ok, in the top “let’s vote” picture I thought the ruffled dress was a ruffled purse (because it doesn’t show the top, not because I’m an idiot who can’t tell the difference between a dress and a purse). I made ruffled skirts for 3 of my girls for Easter (like your ruffle skirt with pre-ruffled fabric, but I made the ruffles go vertical and they turned out SO cute) but now I have tons of ruffle fabric left over. So I thought a purse with vertical ruffles would make great birthday presents for my girls to give their friends for the next while until we run out of leftover fabric.

Or my daughter votes for the middle picture of the hiding place for her room (the blue & white striped one). Can’t wait to see what you pick. They are always fun!

Bobbie H says:

spaghetti strap maxi or curtains/valences :) I need both

Marie says:

Bags Please the blue one is gorgeous

Phyllis says:

I’d love to make some summer Drapes…in pretty pastel colors …..but don’t know where to begin….hmmmm…. I have a thick round rod and would love hidden loops…also bags,totes always favorite

colleen says:

I would love to learn an easy way to make a nice summer shift dress that I can throw on in the summer with sandals or sneakers. A no fuss outfit for running around.

Tracy says:

That black and white striped purse has a very interesting shape, with those side panels, and I would LOVE to know how to make it! Also, a free-standing play house structure like in the first picture!

Vicki says:

curtains and bedding

Heather says:

Have you done roman shades, or faux roman shades? As many tutorials as I’ve seen on those, it’s still confusing to me.
    Or, how about DIY recover your old queen/king comfortor with something new.

Brenda says:

I love the playhouses!

Jennifer says:

playhouse please!!

JoAnn says:

Stuffed animals-sewn or knitted

Evangelia says:

The tent is fantastic but the maxi dress is also super!

Alicia says:

What a hard choice!! I want to learn to make quilts so the blankets are tempting but the bags look fabulous as do the dresses!! My mom votes for the dress (she doesn’t use the internet lol) and so do I (but I am also open to bags or blankets heh)

Susan Toloczko says:

For me it not so much what I’d like to sew, but what I need to sew. Or, it should be what project do I need to finish. But if I were to choose one, it would be something for my granddaughters to wear with a matching one for their American Girl Dolls.

Pam S says:

the maxi dress :)

Carmen says:

A teepee for my granddaughter!

Play space tent and the comforter

Stacy says:

I’m Voting for the Bedding!

Annette J. says:

Oh please do the bags!!! You can never have too many!

Luisa says:

A loose and flowy maxi dress! with cap sleeves maybe?

Diane says:

Bedding would be neat! Thanks

Cher says:

Please please do the play tent!!! My girls would love it!

Annette J. says:

Oops, forgot to include my link! I love purses, all kinds, and I would love to make something with either stripes or chevrons, with some nautical accents like maybe rope or braided handles, maybe knots. Here are some ideas:

Gretchen says:

I have been crushing on all the pretty aqua bags out there this spring. I especially love this one by Fossil. Wouldn’t need to make it in leather – just looks like a great style of bag!

gaileee says:

maxi dress with no low neckline, or options to have an coordinating fabric underneath like a cami for the neckline.

Or

corner kid play area.

amy says:

Maxi Dress!!!

GM Terrie says:

I would really love dimensions for the door and windows for a table play house. I can measure my grandkids’ table, yet, I don’t know how big to make the doors and windows.

Thank you very much. Congratulations on your new baby coming soon! I am a labor & delivery nurse and I enjoy talking to moms about it all. You have a good spirit and all will go well. Try to be patient when laboring. You already know that it takes awhile. God bless you!

Diane N says:

I would love one for a purse…something medium-ish. I can find tons of tutorials for large purses/totes and small, clutch-size purses, but it’s hard to find one for a non-crochet, pretty enough for church type of purse!

Ann L says:

I’d love to make a playhouse..preferably that fits our small Ikea table/chairs.

Debbie says:

I want to learn how to make the new roman shades that use magnets instead of cords. I just searched Insulated Roman Shades and found they no longer use all those cords, but now clean lines using magnets how cool is that. I need them to be insulated because it an keep out the hot sun of summer and the cold of winter cutting down on my heating and cooling bills. Plus using decorative fabrics from the home dec department they could look fantastic even with paneled draperies down the sides of the window.

Jan Byorkman says:

I would love to make the “Kate Spade” purse.

Bethany says:

I just told my friend that I wanted to tackle sewing something for myself. A great purse would be good too. I like the black and white striped purse in the pictures.

Connie Sanders says:

I’d love to do a nice purse/bag. The tent hung from the ceiling is cool too!

missy says:

I like the play tents. please make one of those.

Yrene Martinez says:

Mmmmmmmm!!!! A purse! That’s it!!!!

HW says:

Women’s clothing, please. But not a maxi dress unless it’s something extra special; there are a ton of maxi dress tutorials on the web already. I want something more fitted, maybe a retro inspired dress?

those curtians are amazing! I’d love to figure that one out.

lynn z says:

Play spaces- I think that would be a great sewing idea. I have seen tutes for teepees and using a card table as the base of a mini house. something that a mom or grandma could make and dismantle when not being used.

Maria says:

I love skirts, and so do my girls, and summer is the perfect time for skirts. I know there are zillions of skirt tutorials, but there are a few that I have seen that I would love to make but can’t find a tutorial and too afraid to try it without.

Like this one for example, PERFECT for summer, but can’t find tutorial http://indulgy.com/post/owz2K8mp72n/diy-skirt

Or this one, I have seen it on Pinterest on hundreds of different people’s pages, but no tut http://beautystylish.me/2014/04/29/cute-diy-ruffled-skirt-from-old-t-shirts/

There’s another kind that I thought I pinned but can’t find it, but it was a ruffled skirt with the ruffles going on the diagonal but the width of the ruffles was uneven, like they were narrower at the top and wider towards the bottom, u would so love to know how to make it, but can’t find the picture of it.

I know skirt tutorials are very common, but most of them are pretty similar, would be nice to find some tutorials for some cute uncommon skirts.

Brandi Hefley says:

Definitely the bedding!

Debbie C says:

I vote for the Pottery Barn playhouse! I agree with some other commenters that there are dozens of tutorials already for purses and dresses. But that playhouse (or something similar), love that!

The Mrs. says:

Ok so you’ve given us some good suggestions so far. I am in love with both the grey bow purse and the black/white stripped purse. (Does anyone call it a purse anymore or is it a bag now?)

I’d also love to sew this version of a maxi dress. Looks super simple, but I can’t figure it out! http://www.pinterest.com/pin/36662184441199024/

Cindy says:

Maxi dress for a pregnant mama :) I’d also love to know how to make easy roman shades. I’ve had fabric for two years and haven’t had the courage to attempt them.

The gray cascading ruffle dress. I am obsessed with trying new methods and making different style dresses and skirt/shirt sets! I am really obsessed with ruffles.

Shanna Walsh says:

Curtains pretty please!

kelly says:

Would be awesome to be able to sew my own bedding! that stuff is so expensive

Arlyn says:

I’m voting for bedding & purse. Bug I love the curtain.

Anja says:

They all look interesting, but since i have an Autistic son who loves his solitude at times that Lighthouse cave or whatever it is, would be awesome to make

Kim Johnson says:

Can you make all of them? Sigh… I guess I like the curtains.

Krystal says:

Play tents or dolls. :)

elizabeth says:

It´s quite difficult…there are so many lovely things to choose. Perphaps beddings would be a great choice.
    By the way… I love your site.
    Best regards from Chile South America
    Elizabeth Stepankowsky

Lindsey says:

I vote for Maxi dress, cute striped bag, or the play area thing. All such great ideas and your tutorials are the best so I can’t wait to see what wins!

Sandra says:

I love all the ideas listed, but I suppose I am in need of things more practical for myself. I have always had a thought (I have never found one in the stores or googled it), but need to have a easy wipe down table cloth for our everyday kitchen table; with elastic around the edge so it does not move. I recently purchased a table cloth from “Mr. Wally” and let me just say it is no more than a piece of junk! I haven’t thrown it away yet, as I don’t have a replacement; which I have a nice solid oak table that needs protected. I have kids that like to lean or lay towards the table when sitting down to eat and the table cloth always moves and gets disheveled. I haven’t taken time to try and figure out how to do this myself, as I am really not a good sewer, I get by! Can you help? One other need I have is to make a curtain for a window that is a special size. I found curtains that I like and wanted to cut them to size and hem them, but then the material is really too thin to block the sun during the evening (this window in facing the west). I saw curtains that are like balloon style; I wanted to sew mine all the way down to form the balloon pleats down the entire curtain; just not sure how to do this because the material is so thin and the length of the curtains *84 inches) would be quite bulky, but would help block a lot of the sun. Soooo sorry to you all if this was too lengthy, but Ashley asked and this is what I need! Thanks so much!!

Delight says:

One of each please!!

Vegangal says:

The maxi’s are so cool! But I also want to make a cotton backpack that is fashion forward to go on an international trip!

Linnea says:

A play tent for my little boy! Has to be somewhat portable and easy to fold away, though – small house problems ;)

Debbie Betts says:

I love love love the little playhouse. And it could fit almost anywhere!

Tatjana says:

The black and White striped purse is soooo adorable. I would looove to make one like it.
    Best wishes from Tatjana

colette says:

maxi dress!

Lisa says:

I vote for maxi dress with sleeves!

Lorena says:

i’M GOING TO VOTE FOR THE PINK CURTAIN STAGE OR THE FAB PLAY HOUSE! ADORABLE, I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE A READING NOOK/SPACE FROM ONE OF THOSE IDEAS.

katiasafia says:

je te remèrcier pour toutes ces belles choses thanks ashley i love alle the ideas listid

Luan says:

I love the Tea House for children. Actually I love alot of these.

Shelby says:

Ok, so how about a combination of the bedding, window treatment, and fun play space – but for adults! I have been wanting to figure out a grown up version of what is essentially the play spaces you’ve shown in your pictures for a sort of “head board” for my bed. I like the whimsical idea of it, but want it to be more grown up and a masculine-friendly as well if possible. Perhaps your creative mind will come up with what I’m looking for!

Karen says:

The playhouse looks so fun! Especially if it’s easily collapsible and can be put away when the grandkids are not here :-)

Ashleigh says:

I’d love a tutorial for a floor cushion… I’m almost ready to just buy a dog bed for my 15 month old, since he’s constantly flopping himself onto the one we have for our dog. I’d buy one of these: http://www.landofnod.com/laying-low-cushion-lavender/f10146, but they only come in pink and purple. All I could find online were 20×20 pillows for like $50, but I’d like a larger size.

Delphina says:

I would like to make the playhouse.

Evie says:

Bag please !!!
    or this girl dress – first on the left,grey with …waves? to cute!

Caroline says:

Super durable boy pants like these:

My son is a champion at ripping through pant knees. There needs to be more boyish-but-interesting boy patterns out there. I have no problem pinning stuff for my daughter. Boys are harder.

Lovaine Niblock says:

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!

Sweetlana says:

I love all the ideas! But the most for now I would like to make this Tea Party Playhouse! It is gorgeous!!!

Miranda says:

I’d love a fun play space for kids

christel says:

yes, purses! I have a thing for purses, and would love to make more.

Sara says:

It’s not on the choices, but Anna and Elsa dress tutorials would make my girl’s day.

Jordan says:

I love all the options! My top 3 are the girls dresses, perfect for the beginning of preschool, maxi dress, my fiancé hates them bc they are moo moos but I love them, and the play area, 2 young kids why not right? I’m still in the middle of putting back together my old car seat for my friend, next time I do it I’m making sure I’m getting paid lol!!!

Elizabeth says:

I would love to see a puppet theater and a back pack for kids back to school.

Summer says:

would LOVE LOVE LOVE the striped or bow purse….SO CUTE. a fun maxi dress would be great as well!!

Thanks for all your hard work and contributions, LOVE your site

Gracie says:

Thanks for asking us. I do need curtains for my living room and dinning room. I like this new idea of the woven curtain look. I think this would be something different for our home, and it has a very special look to it. My second vote would be for a purse.

norma says:

sorry but i dont get along with sewin mashines, so can u do somethig we can do by hand. yhanks

Heather says:

I need to make myself a bedspread. I keep putting off painting my bedroom because I can’t find my dream comforter. I’m thinking something with ruffles or gathers.

Judy says:

I love the maxi dress. The purse with the big bow interests me. Will you have a pattern for that?

Shelliav says:

How about some chair covers! I never see too many on them. Love your sewing, really good work.

Julie says:

Bedding or maxis! Both! Matching! Lol!

Karen says:

Maxi’s (love the yellow one) or bedding!

Renee says:

I’d love a tutorial on making forts! Maybe more than one type.

Jan says:

I’m thinking that our 2 year old grandson would love having a tent or castle to sit in. He’s intrigued by cave-like hidden places. That’s what I’d like to do.

Shannon says:

PLEASE pick the amazing awesome curtains!!!!!!

Claudia says:

Play tent or the adorable dolls!!!!!! PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!!

Cassie says:

I am torn between the awesome blue bedding and the adorable yellow maxi dress

You’re too good to us! Okay, so the maxi definitely has caught my eye…. I’m also thinking a quiet book for kids (my Mom always had them for us to keep us quiet in church). I could see you coming up with an uber creative one! Looking forward to whatever you share, Ashley. ;-)

Cara J says:

Purse! I’d love to learn how to make a real purse not a tote or bag!

Stephanie says:

I’m in love with the maxi dresses that have stripes at an angle and meet up in the middle like a V. Also, a easy, knit/cotton beach coverup dress with cute trim like this one:

Elaine L says:

I love the ruffled skirted dress for the little girl! Love your site!

Anika says:

A maxi dress!! I really need a couple for this summer but have had a terrible time finding them in colors I like!

Laurie says:

Therapy ow purse….please, please, please!

Rachel Anne says:

The striped bag!!! It’s gorgeous!

Veronica Scott says:

New purse/bag would be great!! thanks

Glenda K says:

Well it looks like it’s going to be a toss up between the maxi dress and the play tent. I don’t have children at home and I don’t wear dresses so I would love to learn how to make a purse. I would like to make one with three compartments inside. I don’t have any idea how to make a divider in a purse. I have made small bags but really want to know how to make a nice one with compartments inside. Thank you for your consideration.

Amanda says:

A play tent/tee pee would be fantastic, I’ve also been eying off this fort in a bag: http://thesimpsonsix.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/diy-boys-gift-fort-kit.html.

I also want to start sewing more dress up clothes for my two kids (both under 3). Do you have recommendations? Some of your halloween costumes are amazing, but I’m looking for something simple that they can use themselves.

Anna M says:

I am voting for the maxi dress. I am 6 foot tall and finding anything long enough is so hard!

Laura says:

I must know how to make those curtains! Please! I’m in the process of moving and will have new windows to decorate with curtains!

Jody says:

I love the gray little girls dress!

Heather says:

I want a maxi dress with sleeves or gray tote with bow. Love your website! Thanks for letting me input. :)

Shandra says:

I would LOVE a purse, but I’d really love one that’s a decent size AND has pockets in it. I got one from Grace Adele that I was hoping would be perfect, but it’s just slightly too small. You know, a divider so that you have a spot to keep an iPad handy for kids while you’re in the waiting room, that keeps it separate from the spare diaper that inevitably ends up in Mommy’s purse, because we’re Mom and that’s what our purses are for! But who wants to give up the prettiness for functionality?!?

But, I’d totally go for a maxi dress with sleeves. I especially love the drape necks, since I’m nursing and it allows for easy access, but you can totally use it even if you’re not in that situation! Heck, make it flowy enough and you could wear it through a pregnancy too!

Janita says:

I’ve seen these vacuum covers in some magazines, they portray a cow or cat face with a skirt to hide upright vacuum cleaners. I would like a cover with a unique design that fit in a room without having to hide it in a closet! Especially when there is no room for it. It would have to be easy to clean as well!

Karin says:

great ideas, but I could use some new bedding. Please!!!

Marie says:

let’s make a beautiful house for kids please !

Michelle Davidson says:

CURTAINS! What is the easiest way to make curtains? I have NEVER made curtains but I do know how to sew very well.

Kimmi says:

Something for the kids, those tents and stage are fab x

Patti P says:

I would love to make the V – neck maxi as my first choice but that black and white stripped tote is also calling my name.

Elna says:

I am making bags to supplement my retirement income and would love some new ideas on different bags

Janet says:

Bags! I’d really love to learn to make the weekender bags, duffle bags, and flight bags!

Giovanna Andrade says:

I love the third bag (stripes). So beautiful !!!!!

Wandy says:

Ashley, I vote for the tote bag….especially the yellow one, it’s so perfect.

Sigrid says:

Oh wow, that striped bag, just wow!! (I need to find me some time to get back sewing, oh yeah!! :-) Thanks for this super inspirational post!! :-)

Susan M. says:

love, Love, LOVE the Kate Spade bag from Nordstroms!

Leah says:

I am a little girl. I love dresses. Help me out! P.S. I love your website!!!

Liz says:

The playhouses are a must!! :) – or the bedding!! :)

Lora Cotton says:

For me it would be a toss up between the maxi dress or the handbags. If it’s turns out to be the maxi’s I know that I’d sure APPRECIATE it being something with “sleeves” (non-tank or spaghetti strap) and something that would include suitable for plus size.

Christina says:

LOVE those basket weave curtains!!!

leslie says:

ok, let me just start by saying I love everyone of these ideas and I love your blog! I’d love to see what you could do with the maxi and since it’s finally getting warm out, it would be a great project, (Plus I’ve never sewn with knits and I’d love to get some hints!) Keep up the good work. Reading your posts is one of the best parts of my day.

Robyn says:

Maxi dress!

Jennifer says:

I’ve been wanting to get my 16yo daughter a ruched bedspread JUST like the seafoam green one you pictured – looks like a huge project, but I’d be curious to see if it’s easier than it looks (and cheaper than store bought).

I also love the striped spaghetti strap maxi dress, that would be fun!!

Lisa says:

Oh, I’d love the Maxi dress! I can’t tell for sure on that yellow one… but maybe it’s a knit? I just got a walking foot for my singer machine (what a difference it makes! Can’t wait until I can save up enough to get a walking foot for my bernina) and I’m starting to get comfortable with sewing knits. I’m expecting baby #3 in the fall so a long, hot summer is ahead and a maxi looks so comfy. I think that kimono style would be so perfect! Maybe it can be made for post-pregnancy too? I have LOVED your blog for the past 5 years. You always give me wonderful inspiration for creativity! Thanks for all your efforts for the rest of us! :-D

Veronika says:

MAXI please, I’m so in love with them, but as a newbie, don’t have the courage to try it by myself… But I have already did some purses and totes and skirts accoring to your guidance, and they have become hits among my family and friends, so please, help me make some maxis to please my husband, too :) Love from Hungary!

Robyn says:

What about one of those adorable slips that function as dress/skirt extenders. I am tall… Dresses sometimes tend to be too short. Especially bc I have 4 little ones and I am bending and squatting with them a bunch. I love the ones that are creamy and white lace, ruffled up jersey knits and crochet trimmings in a couple rows of subdued ruffles.

Or a way to take a dress we already have and add length to them.

If my descriptions are horrible I can find a link to show U a pic. :)

Peggy says:

I would love to see how the woven window treatments are made! they are so beautiful.

This is like Sophie’s Choice of stuff I am itching to make. I want to to do them all…but on my own weight loss journey – I would LOVE to buy some nice fabric and make a cute Maxi dress!!!

elpida says:

a playhoyse will be great !!! especially as summer is almost here!!!

elpida says:

a playhouse will be great !!! especially as summer is almost here!!!

Christine says:

Simple, stylish but MODEST dress for girl age 7-teen. Like Lands End

Simple All in one diapers

Love your blog!

Annie says:

I would love to make a circle dress, both for my daughter and myself.
    Something like this:
    I am not sure how to cut the pieces withour separating the bodice and the skirt!

Shelliav says:

Wow, just want to comment that you have a lot of followers and that’s great to see. You really put yourself out there with this one (that’s a good thing). I have a lot of people that I subscribe to their blogs, but yours is the BEST. This has been so much fun for me just reading how others have responded to this. Whatever you chose is gonna be great.

Kendra says:

Pilot hat for baby- that fits!:) they are so adorable and would be awesome to have in several colours as well as for baby gifts!

Anna says:

I would love to see a maternity maxi dress!

Lindsay says:

Hey there! So I first want to say I *love* your site and recommend it to all sewing friends and those that want to sew. I have made many projects off your site. The first was two petti-skirts for my twin girls 4th birthday which was bee themed and I couldn’t find any bee outfits in March. They turned out so cute, I made ladybug ones the next year! Sewing was so much fun I started sewing again all-the-time and have since held a few sewing classes for friends! I have also made tons of gifts from your site, including 6 fabric dolls. Thank you!

I would love to have a tutorial for a purse/bag. I am so picky. I know what I want. I want a medium sized bag that isn’t too deep. It needs an outside pocket for keys and phone. And several different sized pockets inside for first aid, check book, pen, lipstick and a small pocket knife (always handy). It would also be nice if there was a dividing pocket in the middle of the bag to slip coupons into and separate wallet from grocery bags (required in our city) and other staples. I am not a fan of leather and want the bag to have some structure or strength so that it doesn’t collapse if not full. I know that is a lot to ask because I have a hell of a time finding a purse I like!

Whatever you come up with, I am sure it will be amazing!

Warmly,
    ~Lindsay C.

Irene says:

I would like to see some projects that involve recycling/up cycling!

British American says:

I was at the pet store yesterday and the cat beds were so cute. But they were kind of expensive and I was like “I could make this!” One seemed to have foam inside it as the edge and then a padded bottom made with something else. I need to look up tutorials. Though I could make it and then our cat might not even like it!

Kristie says:

I love the chambray dress for girls, and the striped purse/bag/tote.
    But anything boy related would be awesome!

rwheeler says:

Playhouse! They are so cute!

Laurel says:

I vote for the maxi dress, I never sew for myself

Kate says:

My vote is for the Maxi Dress! :)

Debbie says:

I really like the look of the stripped bag. I would love to have one just like it. How or where would we get the fabric to make it exactly the same?

Dawn says:

Play space! My kids are getting bigger and with summer vacation coming they could use some really fun imagination-inducing places to play

Amanda M says:

Oh those first two girl’s dresses are so cute, I love the ruffles! I’ve been wanting to make a maxi dress/skirt for myself… But what I’m dying to make is a teepee for my nephew for playing outside :)

Suzanne Beyer says:

I love the purses. Especially the black and white stripe one. Super cute but yet sophisticated!

Corky Boo says:

I would love to make everything!

But since we can only choose one ………I Vote For Making The Little Cottage House!

Mya says:

I vote for the first black and white Maxi Dress…although our living room could use new curtains and the bedroom could use new bedding!

anja says:

definitly the maxi dress!!!! I already have the fabrics but not the pattern :-(

Bonnie says:

Our living room could use the curtains so bad. I vote CURTAINS!!!!

brooke says:

I think that they are all great projects!! but I will vote for the maxi dress I would love to know how to make a dress!!

Becca says:

I know it’s not on your suggestion list, but I really could use some wide brimmed hats for the summer!!!

Andrea says:

Seems like lots of votes for purses- what about that stripey one, but diaper bag- esque. You know those kind with an inner removable lining with mucho pockets- when you want it to be just a purse you snap the lining out. Have you seen those?

Sarah says:

Either the play canopy or the awesome curtains. I think ill cast my vote for the curtains. Such statement pieces!

Stephanie says:

Definitely the cute little scalloped top playhouse…….It looks too hard for me, but maybe with a tutorial……..;)

Brandi says:

I agree Stephanie. A tutorial or recreation would be awesome! I’m not patient or skilled enough with measurements to tackle it.

Brandi says:

I love sewing/crafting for my kids so I’d go with the play space.

Sally says:

Maxi dress with sleeves, girl’s dress of knit fabric.
    All of your choices are great!

Angele says:

I would go with the curtains. How to choose style, fabric, measure…
    On the other hand, one of those maxi sound good too!

Jackie Sue says:

Window treatments!

Siboney says:

I actually love the curtain idea! Curtains were on my list for summer projects! I love the others too so wouldn’t mind seeing them all!

Cindy says:

I forgot about the boxes .. totally making those for my classroom.love the wrap top maxi…
    oooh wait those curtains are a-mah-zing… gotta do that …
    oo-oo-oo hey a new purse!!!
    But I’d really love to learn how to make one of those pincushion style foot stool/ottoman things.

Mary says:

The purse with the how please!

Yolandi says:

I would like to see the window treatments and the girl dresses especially the tutus with different layers

Benny Sequeira says:

This is the first time I saw basket-weave CURTAINS, please, please make those…have been following your blog for a while and also recommended to friends…. i love your tutorials.

Kelly K says:

I would love to do a Maxi dress, with sleeves. I love the yellow one you have pictured, the fluttery sleeves are just beautiful.

Renee says:

I like the yellow skirt with drawstring tie. It looks simple enough for my sewing skills. Plus it looks like something easy to wear in the heat of Phoenix Arizona.
    Thanks for letting me give my opinion.
    Renee

Rainey says:

Maxi dress or skirt!

Edie says:

Love the maxi dress with cross-over bodice and angel sleeves but also love that striped purse. Either one would be great!

olivia says:

The purses are darling!

Gerri Savage says:

I’d love to make the purse with the bow & the playhouse. Thanks again for all you do!