It’s time to vote on another round of… “WHAT DO YOU WANT TO MAKE?”

what do you want to make 1

Remember how in the past, I have polled you guys, to see what you’re most interested in making?  I realized I haven’t done that in such a loooooong time.  And well, it’s time.  I thought it would be fun to do before the baby arrives this summer.  And well, I actually get a kick out of trying something I didn’t think of or necessarily need around my house.  But even more, I really love hearing what you all are itching to make.

Here are a couple projects that won in the past:

Fabric Dolls….oh, how I loved making these!

Fabric Boxes…..that work in so many different spaces.

(I swear there’s at least one more project I made from a popular vote here….but I can’t think of what it is.  Hmmm.)

Soooooo……..if you’re anything like me, you see something in a store, or online, or hmmmm, maybe at the neighbor’s house — and you love it.  But maybe you don’t love the price tag.  Or the fabric used.  So, you call a friend/sister/grandma/uncle and you ask them to help you figure it out.

I wish I could have you over and we could kinda dissect it together……but doing so here on this blog will have to do.  Deal?

In the past, I have shared a few things from around the web, to kinda get your ideas rolling…..but please, don’t limit yourselves to the image I share here.  Leave a comment (with a link) to something you’ve been dying to make.  And then I’ll pull ideas from the comments from this post and create a poll that includes the most popular ideas that you guys can vote on.  Whatever item gets the most votes, wins.  And then I’ll try and pick it apart and share how to make it.  Well, that is, if I think that I can make it.  Ha!  But if I can’t, I’ll tweak it a bit until it makes sense in my brain…..and then I’ll share.

Sound fun?  Okay, do tell…..what are you just dying to make?!!!

Need some ideas?

Girl dresses are always fun to sew.  Are you itching to try a new style?

1 girl dresses

source ::: source ::: source ::: source

Or maybe you’ve been dying to make some new bedding…..and aren’t quite sure how to tackle it.

1 bedding

source ::: source ::: source

Oh wait……I know you want to make something for you.  Maxi anyone?

1 maxi dress

source ::: source ::: source

Or yeah, maybe you need some new sort of window treatment to make your living space pop.

1 curtains

:: source ::

Or hmmmmmm……..a new purse or tote?

1 purse

source ::: source ::: source

Okay, or maybe you want to make something really fun and playful like a play space for your kids/grandkids…

1 play spaces

source ::: source ::: source

If one of the above images wins for you……tell me in the comments.  If you’d rather make something different or have another idea you’d like to add, leave a comment.  Chances are, others will love it too.  (And if you see someone else’s idea in the comments and you’d really like to make that too, reply to that comment and chime in with a “me too!”.  Then I’ll see that many like the same item.)

Okay……let’s see what you have stewing around in that brain of yours.  Can’t wait…..I LOVE this! :)

Talk to you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Filed under Random, Sewing

302 Responses to “It’s time to vote on another round of… “WHAT DO YOU WANT TO MAKE?””
    Helena says:

Hard choice! I love the idea of a maxi dress, but what I really need to make is curtains for several rooms and windows.

Brandi says:

I’m such a sewing newbie, but the purses looks like something I could handle. I’d love to make one for my daughter!

Nicole says:

Ashley, I NEED to know how to make that pink curtain stage for Stella!! Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaase do that one????? I will beg. And show up on your doorstep with yummy treats if necessary.

Emily says:

I’ve been wanting to make a little play house for my kids for AGES! I’ve never found a very good tutorial on it though. I’d love to see you make one!

Sophie says:

Purse, dresses… we see it over and over!

But those castle/house/curtains, whatever you call it, THAT is NEW!

Diana says:

Maxi dress and play house/fort are my top want to makes!

Lyn says:

purse or tote!!! They are darling!!!

Janell A says:

Bags please!!!

I want to learn to make an indoor playhouse like the first picture! I love that it could be decorated differently to suit everyone’s style/need!

Kalie says:

Basket weaves curtains!

Denise says:

MAXI DRESS please………..

Andrea c says:
    Would really like this nursing scarf!

Jennifer H. says:

Hi Ashley –
    The basket-weave curtains made me think of these dresses that I’ve seen online, with a basket-weave front, for nursing access…

I am so curious about whether you would think this is easy to make…!?!?!?

Megan P. says:

I love the idea of this nursing dress. I would love a maxi dress and nursing wear can be so pricey.

Schevone says:

One from each? Personally I am currently trying to figure out how to make bedding – I love the white and the mint pictures. And summer = maxi dresses :)

Jolene says:

Ahhh! It is so hard to choose just one – can you do two? ;) I am torn between the maxi and the play space – but I will vote for the place space since I wanted to make one for the kiddos at Christmas but couldn’t find a really great tutorial! Looking forward to seeing what wins! :)

I’ve always wanted to make a teepee / tent for my daughter to play. So that one would be a great tutorial from you. HA!
    Or, I really like the idea of the copper curtain rod this guy did in his house. So I’ve been itching to try it out in my guest bedroom. You can check it out here…

Michaela says:

I’ve been wanting to make a new style girls dress, I love the gray ruffle one. And The maxi dresses, those are harder to narrow down though I’m leaning toward the white brown and black one. I love the silhouette on that.

Kristelle says:

I love the curtains and the black and white striped tote bag

sarah says:

A purse (or large handbag) or the maxi for sure!! Let’s make something for ourselves ladies!

Jessica says:

I’m gonna vote for a maxi dress or comforter tutorial– they are all so cute!

Wendy says:

Hoo boy! You don’t make it easy at all! I want that black and white bag for my trip to Paris (my first!!!), but that play stage is what I MUST make for my granddaughters.

I would love some more maxi dress tutorials!!!

abbey says:

Play house tent!

Sara says:

Maxi dress!!

Tauna W. says:

I love this TeePee: (!!!!) So cute, right?
    A tutorial would be awesome and make for a perfect little reading spot in a playroom.

Julie says:

Maxi dress! Preferably one with sleeves!!!

Angela says:

Could you possibly do a dress like this one? Or an oversized, light sweater cardigan? Or teach us how to draft a basic bodice block! I’m sure that’s something that’ll come useful to us in the future!

Eli says:

I love the play stage or the house. Too cute. The curtains and bedding are beautiful too.

Anita K says:

The comforter or a play tent ( preferably a non permanent structure kind- maybe something that can be draped over a table or something like that? I have a small living space! Haha)

melissa says:

how about one from each category? lol! first girl dress, second bedding, third maxi, love the curtains, third purse and first playhouse. you are more than welcome to make and send me the second bedding and third purse!!!

Cathleen says:

Black and white bowling bag purse…LOVE. On a more practical side…totally need new king sized duvet cover. And are king sheets as easy to make as crib sheets???

Tammy says:

OMG OMG The playhouse and stage!!! Please! I made the dolls for my girls and they love them! They take Roxie and Rosie everywhere!

Becky says:

I’m loving the play tents and purses!

zuzzan says:

Playtent for sure! Right after 3 skirts, a shirt, a raglan tee and a pair of summer pants. But then its tent time.

Mindy says:

Ahhh! All of the above! Maxi dress/skirt for sure… but also, how about some cute BOY t-shirts. You’ve done so many cute ones for girls, what about the fellas?

Crystal Rose says:

I’d love a retro inspired maxi dress for me- but PLEASE make a plus size option or custom sizing tutorial if you do.

Laurel says:

Christina H says:

Oh my gosh, the maxis (especially the one on the right!) I can’t find anything I like or that fits in the stores. I’m not any good at sewing, but would so give that a try and the kids play house tent, my daughter would love that!

Natalie says:

I love that yellow maxi! I’d love to make one of those. Thanks for sharing all these project ideas!

Emily says:

Lightweight cardigan- knit fabric

Katelyn says:

Reney says:

The bags are stunning. Would love to make both stripped totes. I have lots of birthdays coming up. These would make stunning gifts.

Brooke says:

Bedding! Something pretty.

Diana says:

A purse!! Love those ideas and would love to make one for the summer!!

TinaM says:

Love the playhouses! :D

The maxi dress, please. The white one, with the graphics.

Dell Martinez says:

You didn’t have my hearts desie, so I will tell you. I would love to learn how to make those ruffeled pillows whose tops looks like a flower. I’ve seen them in furniture stores placed on sofas and chairs.

Sarah says:

they are all great ideas. I would love to see something about making bedding. Some sort of duvet or something so that when you get tired of the one you have or paint your room and they clash you could whip one up. I am new to sewing so easy is best for me! I have wanted a sunflower printed duvet for about 15 years now and have never found one. They are my favorite flower and would make me happy everytime I try to sleep (due in July so there is not much sleep going on now) Thanks!

Lynn says:

You had me at the Walker Park felt bag. LOVE IT!

Ellie says:

Ok, in the top “let’s vote” picture I thought the ruffled dress was a ruffled purse (because it doesn’t show the top, not because I’m an idiot who can’t tell the difference between a dress and a purse). I made ruffled skirts for 3 of my girls for Easter (like your ruffle skirt with pre-ruffled fabric, but I made the ruffles go vertical and they turned out SO cute) but now I have tons of ruffle fabric left over. So I thought a purse with vertical ruffles would make great birthday presents for my girls to give their friends for the next while until we run out of leftover fabric.

Or my daughter votes for the middle picture of the hiding place for her room (the blue & white striped one). Can’t wait to see what you pick. They are always fun!

Bobbie H says:

spaghetti strap maxi or curtains/valences :) I need both

Marie says:

Bags Please the blue one is gorgeous

Phyllis says:

I’d love to make some summer Drapes…in pretty pastel colors …..but don’t know where to begin….hmmmm…. I have a thick round rod and would love hidden loops…also bags,totes always favorite

colleen says:

I would love to learn an easy way to make a nice summer shift dress that I can throw on in the summer with sandals or sneakers. A no fuss outfit for running around.

Tracy says:

That black and white striped purse has a very interesting shape, with those side panels, and I would LOVE to know how to make it! Also, a free-standing play house structure like in the first picture!

Vicki says:

curtains and bedding

Heather says:

Have you done roman shades, or faux roman shades? As many tutorials as I’ve seen on those, it’s still confusing to me.
    Or, how about DIY recover your old queen/king comfortor with something new.

Brenda says:

I love the playhouses!

Jennifer says:

playhouse please!!

JoAnn says:

Stuffed animals-sewn or knitted

Evangelia says:

The tent is fantastic but the maxi dress is also super!

Alicia says:

What a hard choice!! I want to learn to make quilts so the blankets are tempting but the bags look fabulous as do the dresses!! My mom votes for the dress (she doesn’t use the internet lol) and so do I (but I am also open to bags or blankets heh)

Susan Toloczko says:

For me it not so much what I’d like to sew, but what I need to sew. Or, it should be what project do I need to finish. But if I were to choose one, it would be something for my granddaughters to wear with a matching one for their American Girl Dolls.

Pam S says:

the maxi dress :)

Carmen says:

A teepee for my granddaughter!

Play space tent and the comforter

Stacy says:

I’m Voting for the Bedding!

Annette J. says:

Oh please do the bags!!! You can never have too many!

Luisa says:

A loose and flowy maxi dress! with cap sleeves maybe?

Diane says:

Bedding would be neat! Thanks

Cher says:

Please please do the play tent!!! My girls would love it!

Annette J. says:

Oops, forgot to include my link! I love purses, all kinds, and I would love to make something with either stripes or chevrons, with some nautical accents like maybe rope or braided handles, maybe knots. Here are some ideas:

Gretchen says:

I have been crushing on all the pretty aqua bags out there this spring. I especially love this one by Fossil. Wouldn’t need to make it in leather – just looks like a great style of bag!

gaileee says:

maxi dress with no low neckline, or options to have an coordinating fabric underneath like a cami for the neckline.

corner kid play area.

amy says:

Maxi Dress!!!

GM Terrie says:

I would really love dimensions for the door and windows for a table play house. I can measure my grandkids’ table, yet, I don’t know how big to make the doors and windows.

Thank you very much. Congratulations on your new baby coming soon! I am a labor & delivery nurse and I enjoy talking to moms about it all. You have a good spirit and all will go well. Try to be patient when laboring. You already know that it takes awhile. God bless you!

Diane N says:

I would love one for a purse…something medium-ish. I can find tons of tutorials for large purses/totes and small, clutch-size purses, but it’s hard to find one for a non-crochet, pretty enough for church type of purse!

Ann L says:

I’d love to make a playhouse..preferably that fits our small Ikea table/chairs.

Debbie says:

I want to learn how to make the new roman shades that use magnets instead of cords. I just searched Insulated Roman Shades and found they no longer use all those cords, but now clean lines using magnets how cool is that. I need them to be insulated because it an keep out the hot sun of summer and the cold of winter cutting down on my heating and cooling bills. Plus using decorative fabrics from the home dec department they could look fantastic even with paneled draperies down the sides of the window.

Jan Byorkman says:

I would love to make the “Kate Spade” purse.

Bethany says:

I just told my friend that I wanted to tackle sewing something for myself. A great purse would be good too. I like the black and white striped purse in the pictures.

Connie Sanders says:

I’d love to do a nice purse/bag. The tent hung from the ceiling is cool too!

missy says:

I like the play tents. please make one of those.

Yrene Martinez says:

Mmmmmmmm!!!! A purse! That’s it!!!!

HW says:

Women’s clothing, please. But not a maxi dress unless it’s something extra special; there are a ton of maxi dress tutorials on the web already. I want something more fitted, maybe a retro inspired dress?

those curtians are amazing! I’d love to figure that one out.

lynn z says:

Play spaces- I think that would be a great sewing idea. I have seen tutes for teepees and using a card table as the base of a mini house. something that a mom or grandma could make and dismantle when not being used.

Maria says:

I love skirts, and so do my girls, and summer is the perfect time for skirts. I know there are zillions of skirt tutorials, but there are a few that I have seen that I would love to make but can’t find a tutorial and too afraid to try it without.

Like this one for example, PERFECT for summer, but can’t find tutorial

Or this one, I have seen it on Pinterest on hundreds of different people’s pages, but no tut

There’s another kind that I thought I pinned but can’t find it, but it was a ruffled skirt with the ruffles going on the diagonal but the width of the ruffles was uneven, like they were narrower at the top and wider towards the bottom, u would so love to know how to make it, but can’t find the picture of it.

I know skirt tutorials are very common, but most of them are pretty similar, would be nice to find some tutorials for some cute uncommon skirts.

Brandi Hefley says:

Definitely the bedding!

Debbie C says:

I vote for the Pottery Barn playhouse! I agree with some other commenters that there are dozens of tutorials already for purses and dresses. But that playhouse (or something similar), love that!

The Mrs. says:

Ok so you’ve given us some good suggestions so far. I am in love with both the grey bow purse and the black/white stripped purse. (Does anyone call it a purse anymore or is it a bag now?)

I’d also love to sew this version of a maxi dress. Looks super simple, but I can’t figure it out!

Cindy says:

Maxi dress for a pregnant mama :) I’d also love to know how to make easy roman shades. I’ve had fabric for two years and haven’t had the courage to attempt them.

The gray cascading ruffle dress. I am obsessed with trying new methods and making different style dresses and skirt/shirt sets! I am really obsessed with ruffles.

Shanna Walsh says:

Curtains pretty please!

kelly says:

Would be awesome to be able to sew my own bedding! that stuff is so expensive

Arlyn says:

I’m voting for bedding & purse. Bug I love the curtain.

Anja says:

They all look interesting, but since i have an Autistic son who loves his solitude at times that Lighthouse cave or whatever it is, would be awesome to make

Kim Johnson says:

Can you make all of them? Sigh… I guess I like the curtains.

Krystal says: