Chloe turned 3…..oh my!

I remember when I was a young girl and reaching another birthday seemed to take for-eeeeeeeeeee-ver!  Even waiting a few hours for 3 o’clock to arrive so that we could leave for vacation (or something similarly exciting) was TORTURE.  I remember watching the clock…..and willing it to speed by.  It never worked.  Why has all of that changed?  Now, the days seem to skip one another and the years seem more like a month.  Maybe 2.  It’s weird.  (The only exception…….sick kids in the middle of the night.  Those nights seem to draaaaaaaaaag. Ha!)

So when I say I can’t even believe that my itty-bitty baby Chloe is already 3…..don’t laugh.  It really does seem like I delivered her plump little 11 pound self, like 3 months ago.

Crazy how much has changed since she joined this world…..but we are blessed to have little Coco (yes, that’s her nickname that stuck when she was just a baby) in our family.

IMG_9341

Nope, I didn’t make the dress.  It’s from H&M.  Chloe loves cats and I don’t.  But it’s her birthday…..so she won! ;)

And when asked how old she is, she perks up her fingers and starts counting each one…….and keeps counting until she reaches 10.

IMG_9406

Yep, Chloe, you have 10 fingers…..but how OLD are you??

IMG_9418

You got it.

Her birthday is March 2nd but we actually celebrated a few days early…..because Steve had to leave town for a conference.  To be honest, we kinda forgot we needed to have her birthday a little early and had to run to the store the night before.  Her only request were balloons and Dora party hats.  And a pink cake.  Okay…..done.

So, I frosted a pink cake with pink lemonade frosting, sprinkled some pearly pink chocolate balls on top, and added a few of her favorite things in life….princesses.

She was in birthday girl heaven!

IMG_9430-001

Elli was the only one prepared and actually made her a birthday card weeks ago and gathered old toys/chapstick from her room and wrapped them all up.  She was so proud to read her card to her baby sister.  And Chloe’s favorite part……her big sister’s CHAPSTICK!! (I have to explain that Chloe has a serious addiction to chapstick and will steal any tube she can find and will hide herself somewhere and apply 7-8 layers…..so an old tube of chapstick as a gift?  A complete HIT!)

IMG_9458

Connor, well, he went shopping with me the night before and grabbed her a few Sophia figurines that he knew she would love.  And he was right……Chloe was THRILLED!

IMG_9471

Grandma Johnston made Chloe several little dollies and Chloe adored each one.  She loved and hugged and kissed on those dolls.  (And then Elli stole them later that day while Chloe was distracted, and had her own little doll party with the new dollies!  Such fun!)

IMG_9491

This picture is from my Instagram account (username: makeitandloveit)…..while playing with her dolls after her party.  The caption is down below.

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 9.20.48 AM

Chloe gathered her new bday dolls and said to me, “here, you be the mommy…..I’ll be all your kids.” (That’s not really pretend-fantasy-playtime for me. That’s my real life kid!) #CanIBeTheNaughtyToddlerInstead?

And Grandma Silk’s present arrived a couple days later……she didn’t know we were having the party early.  But stretching out the gifts was actually a bonus……and Chloe adores this little doggy and loves doctoring her right up!  (video below———>)

Sweet little Coco.  You have a contagious smile and an entertaining personality.  We all love you from the top of your blond-ish head down to your sparkly dress-up shoes.  We adore your spunk and equally appreciate your snuggles and tender little comments.  I am grateful each day to be your mommy.

Sweet girl…..thanks for turning 3.  An entertaining day indeed. :)

IMG_9354

Now, go and enjoy your weekend!

We’ll chat next week.

-Ashley

Filed under Family, Featured

Comments

31 Responses to “Chloe turned 3…..oh my!”
    Melissa says:

Your sweet Chloe and my son have the same birthday :) Though he just turned 8. Happy belated birthday to Chloe! Looks like she had a great time.

gina says:

Happy Birthday Chloe! My daughter turned 3 on March 3!!

Her 5 yr old big brother got her a cardboard box with her name on it – she loved it!!!! haha

British American says:

Happy Birthday to Chloe! I’ve been following your blog since before Chloe was born. My son (also my 3rd child) turns 3 next week. Hard to believe it’s been 3 years. Super cute photos. :)

Oh and I used your quilt binding tutorial yesterday to finish a quilt for my son’s birthday. My first ever quilt. So thanks for the great tutorial on that. :) I’m excited to give it to him next week.

I know, it’s just gone by way too fast! Happy bday to your little guy too! :)

And hooray on making your first quilt. Now, it doesn’t seem so bad, right? Watch out…..you’re going to find all sorts of reasons to make quilts now! :)

julie says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHLOE what a sweet girl you are and what a great big brother and sister you have. you all look so happy together as a family. my little princess is 3 years 5th April and one of her 3 brothers is 11 years 1st April April fools day which I believe is totally why he is a crazy boy. I wanted to do a joint party but the little lady wants a pink party and everything princess and horses he wants every thing budgies as he is mad on budgies and has 2 pet ones and also wants a budgie birthday cake ,I told you he is crazy.i am trying to do as much home made for the parties as I can . I am using your idea for the cloth party bags for the take home treats too and am in the middle of making little lady a cloth doll based on yours but dressed in pink and also a set of clothes so she can dress her. keep up the great work God bless you all.

Haha……yeah, their interests totally aren’t going to mesh for a party, is it? But how fun that they are so unique and are loving life! Happy early Bday to your little ones and thanks for the well wishes! :)

Lynette says:

I can’t believe she is 3 already! What a cutie.

Deborah says:

Happy Birthday to your little Chloe! It looks like a fun time was had by all. Also, random question. Where do you get all of your “fonts?” They are so adorable! I’d love them for my digital scrapbook! :D Thanks!

jo says:

Happy Birthday Chloe!

Robert Johnston says:
    Marge says:

Happy Birthday Chloe! Keep that sweet smile! You’re family is blessed!

Sandra says:

Happy birthday to the sweetie and precious Chloe. She have a beautiful smile like your motther. ♥

Kathy says:

She is so beautiful! I can’t believe it’s been three years, either. Have I been reading your blog that long? What a little sweetie. Thank you so much for sharing pictures of your precious children. And by the way, my girls both loved chapstick, too. They thought (the older one) and think (the younger one) it’s lipstick/makeup!

cucicucicoo says:

Congratulations and happy birthday! Gosh, it doesn’t seem like 3 years to me, either! It’s been fun seeing her grow up here in Make It and Love It Land. And wow, does she look like her sister! :) Lisa

Ellie from Canada says:

Boy, I’ve been following you for a long time! Happy Birthday Chloe! My little girl has her birthday tomorrow except she’s turning 38! lol! Where does the time go?! You have a sweet little family Ashley. :)

Ginger says:

Happy birthday to your sweet Chloe. My grandson was born the same date only 2014!. He is only 5 lbs.

agata martin says:

Muchas felicidades para tu bebe y tambien para ti.
    esta como una princesita preciosa.
    Agata Martin
    Barcelona, España.

Diana says:

Happy birthday CoCo! So many cute kiddos having their 3rd birthday- my son Joshua just had his! And he gets distracted too with counting fingers when someone asks how old he is. Haha! He actually stopped me while I was reading and said “Mama, I wanna see the girl too!” oh boy oh boy…. I told him she just turned 3 too- and he said “OH!!! Cool!” These kids grow up so fast. Hugs! Have a great weekend!

Maria says:

Happy Birthday Chloe!!! She is so adorable! Its amazing how time flies, my oldest will be 8 in May, and it just seems like it was only a year ago when she came into this world. How fast they grow.

Oh and I have been meaning to ask you about something for about a month now, and haven’t got around to it, so here goes. I have just started teaching myself to sew a few months ago, so I’m not very good with the different fabric names and stuff, and you are my favorite sewing/crafting blogger, so I was hoping that you might be able to help me out with this, please? That fabric/tulle that the skirt of Chloe’s kitty dress is made of, is that just like the regular tulle, or is it that soft, stretchy kind? I have been trying to find some of that soft, stretchy tulle/fabric everywhere, and can’t seem to be able to find any in any of the fabric and craft stores locally or online. So I guess what my question is, would you happen to know what that fabric might be called and where I might be able to buy some? You seem to know so much when it comes to fabric and sewing, and I dont know anyone else that might would be able to help me out with this. Sorry for rambling and taking up your time, I know how busy you must be.

Cathy says:

Happy 3rd birthday, Little Coco. You are so spunky and adorable. I know you will take good care of the sick sneezing puppy. You can make it feel better.

Bonnie Ditto says:

Happy birthday precious.

Myrna Hammack says:

Love the pictures. She is precious. Did he ever get the doggies nose wiped enough? That was so cute.

Юлия says:

Happy birthday! Very pretty girl!

Ima says:

Wow! All three children are so cute :) Just wondering the fourth :) Cuter?