A little costume SNEAK PEEK….any guesses?

Looking for the Pampers/Babies R Us $200 giveaway??  Don’t worry…..it’s still going! (ends 10/23/13 at 11:59 p.m. MST)

. . . . .

I am  thiiiiiiiis  close to being done with my kiddos’ Halloween costumes.  And not just the simple costume ideas I was doing throughout the month (which I have a few more of……but this month is passing by WAY too quickly).  I’m talking about the real ones that my little monkeys requested, after changing their minds a trillion times.  Even though the costumes were more of a time commitment, I couldn’t say no.  This is my favorite time of year to sew more elaborately!

And let me just tell you………my heart is doing lots of flippin’ and floppin’!  Because seeing these little ones of mine slipping into their costumes……it’s magical!  And just makes me laugh!  Haha……it’s just too cute!!!!

Anyway, I just need to take some pictures of my kids actually IN the costumes after they come home from school today…..and then I’ll start sharing how to make all of these costumes, starting tomorrow.

Elli’s costume will be first.  Any guesses?

IMG_8034

And if that didn’t give it away…….this surely will! :)

IMG_8052

I’ll be back tomorrow.  Can’t wait!!!!!

-Ashley

Comments

27 Responses to “A little costume SNEAK PEEK….any guesses?”
    Michelle D says:

Very cute! Of course it’s Tangled…only because my 3 year old twin girls want to watch this at least twice a week. Would love the details on how it came together.

That’s a really good guess! (It would be terrible of me to actually say yes or no to this guess, right?!! ;) I don’t want to ruin the surprise. Ha!) And yes, of course, the tutorial will be coming right along with it! :)

Pippi says:

Rapunzel! So cute! I hope someone gets to be Pascal. :)

Patti says:

I am actively looking for a cute and doable rapunzel costume and have been striking out. Will be anxiously looking out for your tutorial!!! :)

Fay says:

I made a Simplicity version of this character’s dress. Needless to say it took me 12 hours to make (I’m not that good of a sewer) and she has worn it several times this year. It went with us on a Disney World trip in Feb 2013 and now it will be her Halloween costume for this year. She loves wearing it around the house! Somehow $50 on fabric is much better (to me) than $60 for the store bought versions of this dress. I know she will love it!!!!!

Stacey says:

Wow! This looks way better than the one I did last year. Looks like I need to resign myself to sewing the cute little pink stripes on the sleeves. I’m so glad you did this, “all tangled up” is her favorite princess!

Heather Talley says:

This puts the one I made to shame (Simplicity pattern)…

Kristin says:

So glad you are doing a tutorial! Just picked up some fabric and notions Saturday night to make my 6 year old a Rapunzel dress as well. Thank goodness for procrastination; I haven’t started yet and will definitely love seeing your version!

Chelsea says:

Haha, I finished my daughter’s Rapunzel dress last week. Although, I am interested to see yours to see if I want to make any tweaks to mine. Also, I haven’t made a wig yet, so I may need some advice on that front. My little one’s Pascal is almost done (just need to sew the hood to the bodysuit) and I am working on Flynn Rider right now. I guess this means my kids will be dressed the same as your kids for the third year in a row. Even though this year I didn’t get the idea from you, I am glad to carry on the tradition.

This was the only themed costume I could get my 5 and 4 year olds to agree on. I even told them they didn’t have to match or have a theme if they each wanted to be independent. Nope, they had to have a theme, and this was prettiest dress/coolest guy combo we could come up with that also had a cute sidekick for the baby to be.

Michelle says:

I made Rapunzel 2 years ago and it was definitely a labor of love! Here is an aweome hair tutorial if your little Ellie needs authentic long hair–http://babesinhairland.com/hairstyles/rapunzel-hair-tutorial-using-extensions/
    It is wonderful and I just read through it this morning! Can’t wait for you to share!!!

Carmen says:

My first thought was Sophia the First – because the dress is purple and because my daughter is in love with the show. But I don’t think she has pink. I can’t wait to see what it is.

By the way, I would love it if you were able to come up with a doctor’s coat tutorial for little ones. My daughter also love Doc McStuffins. It wouldn’t have to be for Halloween – we also have a birthday and Christmas presents coming up :)

Erica says:

I am thinking Tangled or Sophia the first!! So cute!

Bethany says:

You’re kidding me!? I just finished my daughters Rapunzel dress for Halloween and the whole time I was struggling to figure it out, I seriously thought, “I wish Ashley from Make It & Love It would have made this first so I could have a step by step.” If only I’d waited a little longer! :) Your tutorials and skills never cease to amaze me!

Shantel says:

As my 4 year old primary girls would say “Princess tangled!”

Lucka says:

Rapunzel is my WILD guess.

Crystal says:

Tangled it is…That is my guess! :)

Valerie Nelson says:

tangled!!!!!

Alicia says:

Tangled?

Erin says:

I am so out of it. I would have guessed Cinderella.

Elisabeth says:

Oh, how cute! My son was Flynn Rider two years ago, and the highlight of his night was getting to carry around a little dollar store frying pan. I made his vest by myself and it was one of the first things I had ever sewn without my mom. Definitely a difficult experience!

Ali says:

7 AM, the usual morning line up…
    My daughter is going to flip when she sees the final product. My mom did a beautiful recreation of your Jolly Holiday Costume for her last year and she was in 7th heaven. This year she choose Statue of Liberty.