Why I’ve been a little MIA……

I know, I know……I’ve been hiding.

But not really.

I’ve been working on something that’s been consuming my brain.  Every little morsel of brain that still exists after the craziness that we’re gonna call ‘The Summer of 2013′.

And I’m thiiiiiiiiiis close to finishing.  In fact, I’ll be all done tomorrow.

That is, if no one gets sick and has to go to the hospital again.

(All images below are taken from my Instagram account.)

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 9.01.09 AM

And if I can just let the kitchen remain “almost” finished for a while.

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 9.23.42 AM

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 9.22.57 AM

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 9.12.49 AM

And if we can stay away from the lake for a while….even the dirty ones.

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 9.13.10 AM

And if I can keep the 6 year old drama to a minimum.  (That’s a funny one, check out that story on Instagram.)

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 9.13.32 AM

Oh, and as long as we don’t get any more killer hail storms.  Uggh.

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 9.13.52 AM

Or fires, for that matter…

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 9.17.36 AM

And if I can just ignore the little unimportant things in life……like Chloe using a rock like a crayon, on my car. Ack!

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 9.14.16 AM

Or the piles and piles of junk in the garage/basement from this house renovation.  I just need to let it sit and stop worrying about demanding that “Bagster” haul it away.

Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 9.10.27 AM

(((All photos are from Instagram.  Have you joined Instagram??  I’m really falling in love with that place.  Come on over!))

Yeah, no more worrying about any of that stuff.  (Laundry included…….sorry family!!).  Because it has made finishing this “project” a little tricky.  But nothing’s getting in the way this week.  I’ve had to really hunker down and FINISH IT.  And I’m sooooooooo close!

And yeah, I hate being vague but that’s why I haven’t talked about it at all until then.  But I plan on spilling the beans next week.  So stay tuned.  Eeeeeeeh!!

And then all should be well and I can get back to the normal fun around here! :)

Talk to you soon!

(Oh, and if you have a spare fist bump, I wouldn’t mind one of those.  I need all of the fist bumps I can get, to get this done!!! Ha.)

Filed under Family, Featured, Random

Comments

42 Responses to “Why I’ve been a little MIA……”

Sounds like you have it coming from all directions. And Ugh is right at that hailstorm. Wow! Take it easy, I am going to head on over to instagram and see if I can get addicted!

Samantha says:

Sounds like you’ve been busy, I know how six year old drama is !

Mindy says:

oh man – to everything! And that rock on your car! lol. Well not funny, but you know what I mean :)

Joy says:

I want to know where you got your dining room chandelier? (I saw it on your instagram account)
    I LOVE it!

Shasta says:

Wow! You HAVE been busy! Your kitchen looks amazing!!!!

Kathy says:

How about a “you go girl”? I don’t do those fist bumps so much…

Can’t wait to see the surprise. Hope everyone is well.

Jill says:

From those pictures it looks like you live in Colorado! We have had monster storms here lately and another massive fire this summer in Black Forest! Love your kitchen!!!

Yep, we’re in Colorado! I love this place….the mountains are gorgeous! But we’ve had a crazy summer, weather wise, haven’t we?!?!

• 7.1.1
        Jill says:

Yes we have! My husband works for the fire department and has been called in a couple times now during the storms because they just don’t know how many swift water rescues that might end up doing! We are from the PNW and have never experienced crazy weather like this before! But the mountains are gorgeous!

Nicole says:

Holy cats Ashley! When you put it all in order like that, it really makes me stress out…especially the rock to your car door :-/ That little stinker! Glad we’re all back in school now and (most) the craziness can level out into plain ol’ school stress!

Haha…..you and I both! I guess we need to just sit in my living room and laugh about our crazy summer of nutso stuff! And YES, bring on school stress! :)

Sounds like my summer…..I really have to update MY BLOG!

Tamara says:

Oh my daughter did that to my new car with a rock too a few years ago…. cost me $200 to have a detail shop buff it out! Your kitchen is looking beautiful!

Uggghh….I’m afraid of the cost! And thanks……it really is so close to being done. hallelujah! :)

• 10.1.1
        Kim says:

Before paying someone to buff that out, do some internet research on how to do it yourself. Waaaay cheaper and not difficult. Looks like you all have definitely had a full and crazy summer!

Valerie Nelson says:
    Allison says:

Fist bumps headed your way!

And if I had to guess what extra activity you’re working on I would guess book! Am I right?

Ooh, so exciting and secretive — must be great!

Hmmmmmm……..I guess you’ll just have to see. ;)

(I sound like I’m talking to my 6 year old on Christmas eve. I’m so sorry…..but at least I haven’t been “hinting” about this for months, without sharing the details. Ha!)

Thanks for the love! :)

Wow! Your kitchen looks incredible! The white is lovely!

abigail says:

Your awesome. I wish I could say I am doing so much with my time around our house.

Jaren says:

Y’all are really doing such an amazing job remodeling!! I’m in awe! Cute pics!

amy says:

LOVE your kitchen, so I hope you don’t mind but I am pinning it.

Ha…..totally don’t mind, but the counters aren’t even in! And the trim’s not done, nor holes covered, blah blah, blah!! :) Well, more is done now, but not that I’ve taken a picture of. haha!

But pin away…….. :)

Whitney says:

Ok… random question for you. I think we have that same fridge… Do you find it hard to get water without spilling any on the floor? We have figured it out, but it is impossible for guests. It drives me CRAZY!

Yes, it took some time to get used to that. i though it was just our fridge that was quirky. It like lurches out at first and then there’s always an extra drip. Uggh. I’m thinking I’m going to have to find a cool rug. :) But I LOVE the setup and space inside that fridge. :)

lena says:

Your kitchen is fantastic. Are those ikea cabinets? LOVE.

Yes! And I really really love them! I’ll have to share more about the cabinets and the whole drama behind our kitchen install (before we got the ikea ones……)

Tish says:

Total fist bumps to you! It is no fun when the husband is sick and in the hospital, hope he is doing better. Your kitchen looks amazing!

I had to smile when I saw the kitchen demo because that is the mess I have been living in. This weekend tile will be removed and the kitchen island will be re-done. We are ordering new kitchen cabinets this weekend and will take another 5 weeks for them to be delivered. It is a little stressful but exciting at the same time and will be worth it in the end.

Sarah says:

Fist bump coming your way! Just remember to breathe and eat a piece of chocolate!

bethany says:

My oldest boys did that to my brand new surburban about 5 years ago… it’s black too and very obvious. It’s still not fixed. I kind of figure.. what’s the point.. I have 5 kids and I’m sure it’s not going to be the only scratch on that beast.

Micah says:

Do you have time to share what flooring you used in the kitchen? Is it a laminate from lowes? Everything is gorgeous!!

Heather says:

Love your new kitchen! Can you tell me where your table is from?

Fist bump x10! If it makes you feel better, I’m with ya. In the middle of major remodeling, my son sprayed a can of sun screen in my car (who knew sunscreen eats through leather… I do now!), and I have 12 and 8 tear old drama. Everything is looking beautiful! Can’t wait to see what you have coming up next! :)

Kristi says:

And I totally didn’t realize I was posting anonymously. :)

Bonnie says:

Wow, I had no idea the “rock used as a crayon” on cars thing was so popular! My daughter did it TWICE to our car two weeks apart. I thought my husband was going to have a heart attack!!!

Ellie says:

High 5 Ashley!! Give’er while you’re young and full of energy! Mine is starting to wane :( but then again we’ve been there, done that and we loved every minute of it! We’re still making changes, but not to that extent. Your kitchen looks like you could cook and bake up a storm!

Stephanie says:

Sounds like you need a vacation! My husband and I are leaving for ours today…can’t wait! I can’t wait until you are back…I always look forward to reading your blog and am excited to see what you are up to! :)

RaD says:

My (then) nine year old wrote wash me on our car with a stick. Guess who got spoken to about why we don’t use sticks for things like that. Yeah, I’m not sure buffing it is going to help either.

I’ll be sure to tune in upon your return!

Fist bump, to you! Can’t wait to see what you are up to.

Sue says:

Could you PLEASE tell me wher I can find the “Hammer tool” for attaching snaps? I can’t find it anywhere!
    Thanks so much!