Did you visit my blog yesterday and think I was crazy?!?!

Yes, the Embellished Diapers from yesterday was an April Fool’s Joke!!!!!  I don’t really decorate my garbage.  Ha!  If you scroll all the way down to yesterday’s post, I explain how my daughter Elli saw me making those and was so traumatized by the fact that I was wasting fabric on something that I had to throw away.  Hahaha……that conversation with her still cracks me up!!!

Anyway, some of you were totally on to me………but others of you, I TRICKED!!!  Yes!

april fools diapers

(I know some people even unsubscribed from my blog…….ooops, sorry, I felt bad about that!  It makes me laugh that some really thought I was serious though.)

Anyway, I love little tricks on April Fool’s Day…..so thanks for humoring me!  And yes, I’ll probably try it again next year.  Haha!

Enjoy your day!

-Ashley

Filed under Family, Featured, Holiday, Random

Comments

42 Responses to “Did you see yesterday’s APRIL FOOL’S joke?!?! (I don’t really decorate diapers for fun…ha!)”
    Kate says:

I have to admit it was clever! and funny!

Amber D. says:

Yeah, I clicked on the page and thought, “Wow! She didn’t even finish the ends on it! It must be a joke!” lol

Nicia says:

Unsubscribed?! Are ya kidding me? Maybe they were cloth diaper crazies and were outraged that you use disposable diapers or something. Ha! I found it quite funny.

Kate says:

I’m a cloth diaper user, (well, I was. My last babe is now 2 and potty-trained at 15 months. Sigh. No more pretty clothies for us.) I thought it was hilarious.

Kristin says:

I was expecting it to be a cloth diaper tutorial when I saw the title, and then I was really surprised that you were using disposables because you seem just the type to sew amazingly adorable cloth diapers and covers! LOL at people unsubscribing! I wonder, though, how many others pinned it as a good idea for the future without reading through?

Crystal says:

I felt stupid after I saw it because I reminded myself to be prepared for it just minutes before! Then I got distracted, forgot and was one of those that thought you were completely crazy once I read it! I love how you have a sense of humor though.

Maela says:

Nooo you tricked me!!! I really really thought it was a fun (but useless) idea, just like last year! LOL!

Angie says:

That was hilarious. I was wondering why in the world you would waste fabric, and then I was wondering if the pee/poo juice would leak out now that the diaper was perforated.

Uh maw GAWD you totally got me! I’m not a huge crafter, so I just assumed it was another trend I didn’t get. HILARIOUS! Good one. (But I feel like someone somewhere is trimming fabric and gluing it to diapers!

Jaime says:

HAHA! I totally missed that yesterday. too funny! I love it. I was not feeling too well yesterday so I didn’t get in on any jokes. See last wednesday we actually were in a car accident. My kids are fine, my car will be fixed and I WILL be fine but I am having some sore back spasms and am in a lot of pain. but I did enjoy my mom telling all of her granddaughters she was having a baby.

I wondered WHY in the world you’d take the time to make that…but didn’t think about it being April fool’s. I’m so glad it was just a joke!! lol
    You’re hilarious!! :)

Anita says:

Haha! This was really a good joke and you tricked me. How silly, I thought, to embelish a throwaway diaper.

Best greetings from a Dutch follower.
    Anita

Kristi says:

I thought that was hilarious! I was like okay, but I would not waste fabric on a disposable diaper! LOL VERY GOOD TRICK!

MaryDawn says:

It made me wish there was an easy way to do it to cloth diapers that would not mess with the waterproof cover. :)

Brie says:

You got me again! I loved it!

CarolS says:

I’m here to balance the unsubscriptions with a subscription!

heehee…what a great prank! I’ve never been one for April Fools jokes, too many people take it too far, but this was so clever! You missed a little thought…no truck shapes for the boys diapers! Could be why you lost the subscribers! LOL

Woohoo to your daughter to catch you and call you on the waste of fabric! Too cute!

Have to admit, I would have thought you were bonkers if I had seen the toilet one! It was pretty though! LOL

Can’t wait till next year!

Happy April!

Sunnie says:

I knew it was a joke, I tricked my kids all day long yesterday! It was great! Thats ridicilous people unsubscribed! Their loss!

Karen says:

Oh my gosh I can’t believe I was had! tee hee hee….I thought 2 things 1) That girls sure has a LOT of fabric to be doing this 2) She has WAAYYYY too much time on her hands. LOL too funny!

Regina W says:

I was definitely confused when I saw the post yesterday–wondering how the diaper would work with stitching through it and thinking about trying it myself just to see. Then I remembered what day it was. Hehe.

But, seriously?, people unsubscribed over it? This was one of the most mild April Fool’s jokes out there! I did find out that one blogger I follow hates April Fool’s day, so maybe there are a number of people who do and they refuse to follow bloggers who enjoy it? Odd, but whatever…

Margaret says:

I love Elli’s reaction. You raised her right, to not even waste fabric scraps!

Lindsey says:

You got me! When I saw the title of yesterday’s post in my feed I thought “Oh give me a BREAK! Who has time for that?” I did not realize what day it was yesterday :) Ha!

Hollie says:

Too funny! You got me! My thought was “that is one crafty trend that I will NOT be doing!” So sorry that people unsubscribed from your blog over it. I am going to read your blog more enthusiastically now because of it! Well done! Very creative!

Kristina says:

I’ll admit–you got me! And you get me every year!! I’m always like, “What the heck??” You’d think I’d learn after all these years of reading your blog. Good job!

Cheri says:

I am a fairly new follower of your blog and I will admit that I did indeed thought you were being a little crazy! I totally forgot that it was April Fool’s Day! It was a great post. :)

Kathy says:

I thought it was hysterical after I realized that you’d fooled me. I really did know it was April Fool’s Day, and I knew you’d have something funny, but then I forgot all about it and you got me anyway! Silly me!

Tulisa says:

Haha You got me but I can’t believe people would have unsubscribed!!

Pippa says:

Got me too… was just thinking, why is she not hot-gluing that fabric on… ?? (Yes, I guess I was kind of sucked in by that point…!) Then, I remembered what date it was, ha, ha. You’re a funny girl : )

ChrisE says:

I believed you. Thought you were really strange, but still believed you! Good one!!!

Lol!! I saw this yesterday and thought it was cute to be honest. A bit odd, but creative.

Kate says:

unsubscribed?? People are crazy! You got me… I stared at it for a long time, very confused. I was trying to figure out if they were removable and reusable or something.

Jenn says:

Oh my heck. I thought you were serious! You said this is such a great way to use up scrap fabric and I really thought that you were thinking it was a great idea :) Ha ha, that is a good one!

Marie says:

What a great idea for an April Fool’s joke! Love it!

Naomi says:

I thought you were serious and I thought “that’s ridiculous! what a waste of time! who would do that!”. Glad you were joking.

nisha says:

Seriously…yesterday when i saw your post coming up on facebook…. I though whats wrong with Ashely… it just doesnt seem to be her… fabric on diaperss??? hmm… i just didnt want to spoil all the good things i have learnt from u…so didnt bother to open the post…. I am sooo glad it was just a prank…
    Love u :)

Heather says:

The funniest part was how you could see a bunch of strings hanging off the ruffles in one photo. I love it! Thanks for a good laugh.

Jenn says:

I thought you lost it when I saw you put the ruffles on the disposable diaper. Cleaver joke.

I loved it! I think I will sew up one or two, and put in baby gifts~! LOL

Meagan says:

Hmm. This is extra funny because I thought the Easter Lollipops was your April Fools Joke. I didn’t see it in my feed reader until April 1.

without fail, every year you do an April Fool’s Day trick and every year I fall for it LOL… I just love that you come up with these crazy things!

I saw it on 4/1 and thought, well, that’s a FAB way to use up a few extra scraps. I mean, not for every day, but why not have a few cute diapers ready to show off at a party or whatever? Then later on it occurred to me that maybe it was a joke, but still – I loved it! And those unsubscribers? Oh, puleeze!!!