Busy, busy, busy…….but good busy!

So today, this weekend, and Monday will be a little busy around here.  Remember that whole “buying our first house” thing?  Well, Monday’s the day!!  So there are a few final signatures, some paperwork to gather, and well, maybe we should pack our first box.  Don’t laugh…..but we haven’t packed a thing.  Not even one box.  And to be truthful, until I received the THE OFFICIAL call that all was well in Loan Land, I was trying to keep my emotions safe and was not fully accepting that we were moving.

But we are!  And my heart feels happy and grateful……..and, well, a little overwhelmed.  (Is that normal?!!)

So, I’m off to a Dr appt for little Chloe girl this morning.  No sickness……just her 2 year checkup a month late.  The Dr told us not to come in March because she’d probably catch something (March is a bad month is the office??) and he didn’t want to see her on oxygen again.  And I said, “sounds great”……I probably would’ve scheduled it a month late anyway.  Ha! ;)

coco

After we come home…..the box party begins! :)

But, in case you need a little something to put a smile on your face……watch this video.  I tear up EVERY. TIME.

Sweet as sugar. :)

Enjoy your weekend!

And if you have a roll of packing tape, you’re welcome over to my house! :)

-Ashley

Filed under Featured, Random

Comments

22 Responses to “Busy, busy, busy…….but good busy!”

Congrats, Ashley! Buying a house is always an exciting (and nerve-wracking) thing! I’m sure that the potential projects are running wild in your head!

Have a wonderful weekend in House-Dreaming Land!

Julie Snow says:

Loved the video – totally cried while my 11-yr old laughed a little at me :) Good luck packing!

Cecilia says:

Thank you fro the link to that youtube video….. it made me cry! :)
    Good luck with your new house and baby Chloe!

Amy says:

Congrats! We bought our first house almost exactly a year ago and I can totally relate with you. I didn’t want to pack a thing until everything was all set, then the next day my husband came home from work to find half the garage filled with boxes already. I vividly remember COUNTLESS trips to the grocery store with two young children to collect more boxes. It was one of the very best experiences of my life, especially getting the keys and taking the kids to see their new bedrooms! As the snow is finally on the way out and spring is almost here, all those feelings of joy with watching the kids play in their own backyard are coming back. Enjoy this time- it is crazy with packing and moving and so crazy exciting at the same time. So happy for your family!!

I love this! It got me excited to plug along with the packing. It will be so nice to sit in the back yard and see the kiddos play on OUR lawn. It has always seemed so far off…….I can hardly believe it’s our turn! :)

Tricia says:

Congratulations!!! Buying you first home is sometimes every emotion all at the same time :) But it’s worth every minute! You know those ugly white walls??? Now you can paint them :) :) :)

Lynette says:

congrats! I’m so excited for you and your family! It’s a wonderful thing to have a home that’s going to stay yours for a long time! :) And thanks for the movie, that was awesome.

Susan M. says:

Congrats on the house – it’s an exciting time for sure. A big THANK YOU for sharing the video — I watched it twice and cried both times… I love a man who isn’t afraid to be a man — Amy certainly has gotten herself a keeper!

Have a great weekend!

andrea c says:

Congrats!!! On the house and the great video!!

Did you watch the video in the link at the top of that? The After she said yes? Oh my, I cried so hard with that, it was so cool!

Rachel says:

I saw that video around Valentine’s day. Super cute!
    I love your blog. It’s been very helpful to me – an amateur seamstress.
    Congratulations on the house! I hope the move goes smoothly:)

Kelly says:

Good luck with your move! I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible!

We found (and loved) that video before we moved to Portland, OR and were extremely surprised to find that it was filmed right here and they are actually good friends of our friends! You should check out their sequel “yes to love”. It makes me cry (good) big ole’ crocodile tears everytime!

Oh my gosh, that makes me love them even more…..to know that they really are great people!

And someone mentioned the second video over on facebook…..and oh my! I just barely watched it and yep, every part of me felt so happy. I’m so glad that there are so many who honor their family and rejoice in their heritage. I loved it even more than the first. So well done!!

Txiqui says:

Enhorabuena.. !!! Espero que todo te salga genial en tu nueva casa.. Es un gran paso.. y una ilusion!!
    Me encanta el video.. voy a compartirlo!!

TerriSue says:

What a beautiful video!

Oh what a great video and congratulations on your new home!!

Kristina Noall says:

I would so totally come help you pack if I could! Packing stinks, but you’re getting a HOUSE! Yaaay and congrats!!

Kim says:

Congratulations! We just closed on our first house last week and I had barely anything packed either. We’d been trying for so long (our first offer was a short sale), that after ten months I wasn’t packing another thing until I had signed and initialed my afternoon away!

Michelle Callihan says:

We are so so so sad to see you go. Your kids are very welcome to play if you need some ‘alone’ packing time. I can relate–I have to start packing a month or two in advance :)

Congrats on the new house! Very exciting!