What would YOU like me to make??

I love blogging.  And I really love making the projects for this whole blogging thing.  The best part of it, is that whatever I make changes every single time.  It’s new, refreshing, and a brand new challenge each time.  However, you sweet readers have to look at whatever I’m in the mood to make.  And what I decide to make depends on where we’re living, what activities my kids are in, what new thing I need for my bedroom/kitchen/office, etc.  I’m all over the place sometimes.  Ha!

But sometimes a few of you are in the middle of a project and need help or have a really great project idea that you’d like to see me tackle……so you send me an email.  But I’m not always able to tackle every single project request.  So, just like we did last year, how about we vote on another highly requested project idea……..and let me see if I can attempt it.  (No promises!  I’m not Wonder Woman!)  Last year, the winner was Fabric Storage Boxes.  That was really fun for me to figure out and write up a tutorial for.  I hope it was useful for some of you.

A year has passed and interests have changed.  So let’s chat again about what types of things you’d like to see explained or a project that you’d really like to seen executed, start to finish.

Maybe you have seen something on TV, or at the store, online, or on your neighbor (haha!)………that you’d really like to figure out and make.  It could be clothing, an accessory, a home decoration, a…..something.  Anything.  I’m almost completely willing to try something new (unless it requires that I buy 103 yards of silk dupioni fabric…..or something).  So give me some of your ideas.

Need a little jump start to get you thinking??

Are you dying to make a new skirt?

image source

Or maybe a simple new dress?

image source

Maybe you’ve always wanted to learn to make fabric dolls?

image source

How about a new bed skirt?

image source

Maybe you need a quirky new tote?

image source

Or possibly you want to learn how to recover an ottoman?

image source

Or how to piece together more intricate quilt patterns?

image source

Okay, I’m sure there’s a whole slew of other things as well.  And that’s why I’m asking YOU.  I think it’ll be fun to do this more often…….just so I can see what the majority of you are trying/wanting to create. (Even though I’ll still make my own projects in between.)  And then I’ll try my very best to re-create it (or simplify it for all of us to try and create).  Sound fun?

If you’d like to chime in, leave a comment with something that you’d really like to make. Then, I’ll read through everything and pick out a list of 8-10 things that are either really popular requests or things that I think most of you would enjoy.

(And of course, something that I think I could figure out.)

And then, I will create a poll and let you all vote on your favorite thing from the shortened list……and then I’ll make it.

How does that sound?

So start thinking and…

• Include a link of something you have seen, in your comment below.
  • Email me a picture if you need to ([email protected]).
  • Or, you can just describe it really well in a comment……and I can try and figure it out.
  •  If you really like someone else’s idea, just “reply” to their comment so I can keep that idea all grouped together.

Have at it.  And let’s see what you all are itching to make! :)

We’ll talk soon!

-Ashley

Filed under Featured, Random

Comments

270 Responses to “What would YOU like me to make??”

I’d love for you to make the very easiest travel fabric high chair ever :)

Kristy says:

I would love a beginner quilt tutorial.

Connie Sanders says:

I really want to learn hoe to reupholster a wing back chair! Also, making a quilt is on my to do list this year…..

Katie says:

Ditto on the wingback! Also, if we decide on clothes, can you please make it compatible for those of us who are more… ample than the typical models. :D

I would love to make something like this, but in a darker fabric that would keep out the heat and sun. I actually have a large window with an arch and a smaller one….

Netty says:

AHHHH perfect timing! I was just going to email you about this! A friend of mine gave me a zipper tie for my little guy. Have you seen these things? They are so cool! I thought if anyone could, you could figure out how to make one without harvesting the plastic piece they use from another zipper tie.

here’s a demo of how they work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KTxhnaoVEw

Dana from Made and Rae from Made by Rae will be doing Celebrate the Boy again soon….I’m sure if you made a tutorial for this it would be an awesome thing for them to include.

colette says:

that dress is really cute!
    an ottoman has been on my list for awhile. What brand of coving your own button kit do you reccomend? we made over a piano bench and all the buttons popped off the bench. no idea how to put them back on.

Shannon says:

I guess recovering an ottoman is similar to reupholstering a chair, so if it came to that, I would also love to know how to recover something simpler like an ottoman.

Regena says:

Love to learn slip covers….for a wing back recliner, but a general pcitorial would be great.
    also pattern matching for a shirt front

Andrea says:

I would love to see a tutorial from you on re-uphostering or doing a tufted ottoman!

Shelly says:

I absolutely LOOOVVVEE the Anthropolgie Georgina Duvet bedding…it’s so pretty, elegant, girl and EXPENSIVE!! http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/search/093707.jsp?cm_vc=SEARCH_RESULTS

vicki says:

would love to learn how to make a fabric doll. Have a baby girl who I would love to make for her 1st birthday

Courtney says:

I’ve seen lots of cute diaper clutches on pinterest that I would love to make. I still have a little one in diapers, but no longe need to haul around a diaper bag with me everywhere I go. Something like this:

Jennifer says:

I would love to make modern fabric dolls for my trio of girls, but have no idea where to start.

Mandi says:

http://bushka.graciousmay.com/ I’ve been trying to figure out how to make my own diaper bag / changing pad / all-in-one thing. It’s such a great idea but I’m not spending $200 to buy one!

Adina says:

I really wanted to make valances like this one:
    I started, and got stuck. I’d love it if you could help me out.
    Thanks!

Debbie C says:

Oooh, this is fun! I would love to learn how to make a nice sturdy bag, where you use interfacing (and perhaps heavier material?) to create a nice structure so the sides don’t cave in. Sort of like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/115421290/deluxe-tote-handbag-purse-red-and-blue?ref=sr_gallery_16&ga_search_query=purse&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_ref=auto3&ga_explicit_scope=1&ga_search_type=handmade

Also, this would serve double duty in helping us learn how to sew heavier fabrics and layers! Thanks!

Kate E. says:

I’d really like to learn about interfacing too! I’ve been wanting to make my own purse/diaper bag for a while, but I get overwhelmed every time with all of the interfacing and piping needed.

Stephanie Gatten says:

I really love that bag! Let’s do it!

Janell A says:

I third the bag idea! Would love some pointers!

Rachel says:

The tote!! I like the picture that you have and the one that Debbie C. has on here, too. I’m all about the totes!

Michele N says:

I used the fabric box tutorial from last year to create bags. It worked pretty well.

heidmarie says:

I would love to learn more about using Timtex. It’s a rigid interfacing that gives bags and purses a very professional look and feel, but it’s intimidating to me and I can’t find a lot of good information on how to sew with it!

Cecilia says:

I would love to learn to make a nice modest dress. I live in Argentina and clothes are SO SO expensive that it’s being impossible to buy anything. Plus, it’s impossible because everything is sleeveless or too short or transparent or so. Going shopping is really frustrating. So maybe a dress would be nice =)

Dana Kroh says:

I’m always making stuff for the kids, but never for myself. (Mostly because I don’t know how, can’t size it properly…. never turns out flattering unfortunately.) I would LOVE to see some women’s clothes tutorials– a cute skirt, a flattering, not too revealing dress. Or even cooler, do you think that you could duplicate one of these infinity type skirts?? http://www.enwrapturevintage.com/36inchsilkwrapskirt.html

Melinda F. says:

I like the skirts.

Lisa Gutierrez says:

Well, I voted for fabric dolls last year, and I am going to do so again!! :) PLEASE do all the hard work and figure out how to make the perfect happy little fabric dollies for the rest of us! ;)

Adina says:

Could you please make some kitchen wall art? I have some bare kitchen wall, and I really want to make something to put up there, only I can’t figure out what.

Avrey says:

all of the above!! I choose Fabric Dolls!

Stephanie says:

I would love to know the link for that awesome quilt photo above!!!

Kayleen says:

RELAXED ROMAN BLINDS!!! Pretty please? I haven’t found a good tutorial for making them yet, and I would love to learn how to make them. Check out this link for a picture. http://www.houzz.com/discussions/95727/Relaxed-roman-shade-on-large-window Love how the swag!

Zoe says:

You are awesome – has anyone told you that today??

I’d love to see how you’d make a pencil skirt (like your suggestion from last year).

Also – And I know you’re sewing, not knitting – but maybe something similar could be accomplished with a stretchy knit material?? Seems like it would be super easy, but I’d still like a how-to so I don’t goof it up! :)

Thanks for taking ideas!!!

Shannon says:

I love that, it’s like a sweater/scarf/shawl and it seems like it could be rather do-able, especially for Ashely, right?!

Stephanie says:

Oops, I just realized you already gave the link. : ) A fun quilt tutorial like that one would be fun: big shapes, lots of color!!!

jeannette says:

Fitted tablecloth…not with elastic, but with squared corners. This would be a life saver, because in my house tiny elbows are constantly leaning on the table and dragging the cloth off the table. And when I say tableCLOTH…i mean of course the grandma plastic vinyl kind…

Jennifer Mikeska says:

Cloth lamp shades… Pleeeeeease :-)

Caitie says:

Cloth lamp shades would be wonderful! but I have 2 little girls that I would love to make dolls for, (not that they really need them…) Then again it’s really hard to find modest ladies dresses… But whatever you decide will be great I’m sure! I love your blog!

Stephanie says:

I LOVE your blog! You are so talented and so generous to share your talents with us! Thank you!

I second (or third!) the idea to recover lamp shades. Along the same vein, I’ve really admired your home decorating style and would LOVE some help and/or how-tos on the subject. Your style is so fresh and vibrant, crisp, clean and lovely! I need help!

Thanks, again!

Sara says:

Before the summer, I need to recover my patio furniture cushions. My cushions are just normal – no piping, no tufting, no frills, but they are falling apart so I really need to make covers. I am a NOVICE and am overwhelmed with this project. If you could help, that would rock!

kris says:

I am loving that BIG dresden plate quilt I vote for something like that

Sophie says:

I just LOOOOOVE the fabric doll you’ve found! They have my vote!
    I’m looking for ideas for boys. I only find shorts, hats or ties. There’s so much things I can make for my girl but nothing seem as special for boys. Do you have any ideas?

Alice S. says:

1. Recover an old arm chair 2. make a girl’s skirt with a waistband (instead of elastic) and zipper

Gina Arkell says:

A dress like the one above from DownEast would be awesome. Or just a simple one that is flowing and comfy.

Lori B says:

Bed skirt. I like the pleated look.

Teresa says:

I would love to see that grey bow skirt!

Kristin says:

Any of the shabby apple dresses! Maybe just how to make a bodice with short or long sleeves for adults. From there the possibilities are endless but there is plenty out there for making bodices for kids but none for women. It would e nice to know how to fit it to us correctly so we can take it in up top for those who are less endowed like myself ;)

Leah says:

Gasp! Yes a shabby apple dress!! Love love their clothes but would never even think about spending the money on it. Always sewing something for the kids– it would be really neat if I could sew something for myself.

Susanna says:

Ooh love shabby apple!

The Purple Sheep says:

I tried to make this wrap shirt, but I couldn’t get the drape right and it turned out really crappy. I bet you can do it, though.

I’ve also tried to picture how this dress would look flat, but i couldn’t.

help me fix my failed projects please! :)
    P.S. I saw that your blog was featured in the latest issue of Sew News! Congrats!

Diane says:

I really like the flirty aprons, but I can’t seem to find a tutorial for one. Does the company have a copyright on them? Anyway, I would LOVE to learn how to make one. They would make cute gifts that you could really personalize.

Lovaine says:

If you look on stitchlesstv.co.uk you will find a great tutorial for a pretty apron. I’ve made several for gifts. She is also on Youtube:)

KOri says:

Oh yes a flirty apron!!! I would so love this.. They are 30 bucks at the store! it’s the only thing i asked for this Christmas and i still didn’t get it… :(

Rhonda says:

I love this idea! I just finished making classic style aprons for my 7 year old nieces because I couldn’t find any good tutorials for fun, ruffled, girlie aprons.

Sheena says:

I would like an apron tutorial too. I told my kids I’d make each of them an apron for when its their night to help with dinner.

Melinda says:

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/105840292 a tutorial on how to fabric basket with dividers like the one in the link would be awesome! The dividers throw me:(

Stephanie Gatten says:

I like this too. This is similar to the bag that someone posted on #16. Learning how to do the interfacing and working with a thicker/heavier fabric.

Jennifer says:

I vote for a dress:

I saw this dress @ REI and they didn’t have my size. I love it and tried to make it but couldn’t get it shaped right…mine looked like a giant sack.

Netty says:

I have yet to find a good tutorial on how to make my own Bras. I’m in between sizes and custom made over-the-shoulder-boulder holders are super expensive! You would be my life saver if you could show me how to make one.

Kristin says:

Anyone else out there love wearing rashguards? I was just looking today for a sewing pattern for one as all the ones I can find online are boring. You can find tons of cute ones for the kiddos (think Target, Old Navy), but none for women! I’d love to have someone else draft up an awesome pattern! Plus, I know nothing about swim fabrics.

Deborah Nowland says:

I am fascinated when you repurpose adult clothing into something fantastic for your children. And your costumes are out of this world fantastic! Keep up the good work. You have amazing skills! (and that comment is from someone who has been sewing for 45 years and has LOTS of experience!)

sara says:

I too love your costumes

Karen says:

I would like to learn more ways to repurpose adult clothing into infant and toddler clothes. I’m especially fond of using men’s 100% cotton dress shirts.

Kiran says:

Costumes please! Yours are always amazing and your tutorials are always easy to follow. Or, maybe how to adjust/ create patterns to fit us better.

Sundi says:

I was going to email you yesterday! I’d LOVE to do an upholstered headboard. I like yours, but you’d like something a little more modern or out of the ordinary…really anything to spruce up my room! A headboard or cool behind the bed wall art!

Madeline says:

I would love if you made reusable and washable snack bags, like this one

Dana says:

My daughters 4th birthday is mid February. She wants a tulle tutu. I have searched online and am even more confused.
    Some tutorials call for 75 yards and some call for 6-8 yards of tulle. I may have to buy one at Joann but they cost $30. Help.

Candace says:

I would love so much to learn how to adjust commercial patterns to fit me. Adjustments on waist, bust, length etc. . There are so many patterns out there, but I don’t attempt them because I don’t fit into the typical body type and I’m afraid to waste the fabric.

Milz says:

Green dress and the bed skirt.

Jessica says:

Oh please, pretty please will you help me figure out how to make this shirt that the baroness Schraeder wears in the Soud of Music. Something about that oversized bow makes me happy.

Patty says:

Matermity skirts! They are so hard to find and when i do find they are very short and the fabric is very thin! I would love if you could teach how to make one that is at least knee length and maybe something that looks good on mommies with curves (like me!), i mean something more on the flare type. Something like this skirt http://www.etsy.com/listing/59909870/e-pattern-florinda-maternity-skirt. Thanks a lot!!! Thanks a lot! :)

Anna says:

I want to make a a diaper bag, with a zippered top and lots of inside pockets (for bottles, diapers, wipes and such).

Or I think I could really use an article of clothing for myself. You know, since I tend to do everything for my kids these days. I would love a blouse that hides the leftover belly from having my big ol’ baby, but doesn’t make me look like a tent. Or a skirt that is comfortable but not too casual.

Faye Lewis says:

Intricate quilt patterns please.

sara says:

I haven’t read the other comments yet….but I request this:

kimono sleeved maxi dress from target. It is the best. I wore it pregnant and non pregnant. Nursing and non nursing. with a jacket and boots or with sandals and sunglasses. I would love to be able to make my own.

You are so great….and I love your blog. I’ve been reading it for years…ever since my sister showed me how to make your grocery bag holder years ago. I am sure whatever you have on your blog, it will be wonderful as always.

oh…and a request I do have. I am not so good at making my own patterns from clothing the kids already have. Do you have any pattern faves to purchase?

Elizabeth says:

I would love to see the recovering the ottoman. I have a chair and ottoman to make new covers for.

Brittany says:

RECOVERING AN OTTOMAN!

Meike says:

Womens clothes please, just the simple ones, like dress, skirt (wrap skirt would be easy enough wouldn’t it), tops, with multisizing. Pretty please….. . Thanks. X

Eliza says:

Hi there!

I’m trying to make a laundry basket. One that is made of canvas-y type stuff and hangs over a frame to keep it open. The one in the shop is $80 which I think is ridiculous.

I am also trying to make some hanging laundry bags that hang from a coat hanger for my son’s dirty cloth nappies (diapers) (as I don’t want them to go in the normal laundry bin.).

Thanks!
    Eliza

Kimmy says:

I’m 14 and and would love some thing for teenagers. Also I know lots of little girls and would love to make some dolls for them.

Lovaine says:

Are you crazy? You have opened a whole new can of worms now Ashley! I don’t mind what you do, I’ll give it a go whatever you choose:)

Wendy says:

I’d love you to do a project on how to reupholster a wing back chair. I have an ugly one that has good bone structure. Thanks!

Alysha says:

I am absolutely in love with these soft, feminine tulle skirts! Because, really, don’t you want to just have a big tutu and twirl around? But we can’t, because we’re grownups, so we make skirts like these that still make us feel that way!

I love the clean look of this: http://pinterest.com/pin/99712579221484120/

But I love the bow on this one: http://pinterest.com/pin/99712579219576103/

Anna says:

There is just a lot of things i want to learn. How about how to re-upholster ottoman. I’ve been looking for one but can’t find the perfect color. So maybe I can find one and make it in the shade that I want.

happymedley.blogspot.com

the fabric doll and recovering an ottoman sound AWESOME!

Kayla says:

Yes, yes, yes to the fabric dolls!

Amy Woods says:

Curtains for weird windows!!!

Shalise says:

I would love to see a bed skirt tutorial! I wouldn’t really care what style. I’ve made one for my baby girls crib and it was quite complicated so preferably something simple. Love that you’re doing this :)

Bonnie Ditto says:

A tunic! Love long tops but they are hard to find. Maybe one that could be made a dress sorta a short or medium or long dress! Your tutorials are so easy to follow.

Rachel says:

Yes! I love tunics but haven’t attempted any for myself yet. Lots of shirts I buy end up too short (Tall Girl problems :) )

• 70.1.1
        Heather says:

Would love that to !

• 70.1.2
        Bonnie Ditto says:

I feel your pain with the tall girl problem. Have 5 daughters-one 6 footer and one 6’2″ and couple of 5’9″ and I am 5’9″. The other daughter is, shall we say, busty! She went out rather than up! Would love something simple to make but, cute.

mekei says:

i really like the bow skirt

Karen C says:

I’d love cloth doll making, not so big ones, some 12 inches tall others 6 inches tall. That would be my favorite things to see this year.

Melisa says:

I’d really like to see the full process for making a cloth diaper. I know that you did a tutorial for a diaper cover, and that was helpful, but it didn’t quite encompass the entire process of making a cloth diaper. And its something that would be economical for many people who are going through financial problems, are seeking a new source of income and want to become a WAHM (work at home mom), or just looking for green ways to re-use and re-cycle clothing lying around the house. There’s a ton of free patterns out there. Too many to even list….Baabaababy.us, darling diapers, clothbaby, ,j ust to name a few.

Sayonadat says:

I would love the rag doll idea! I have had several failed attempts!

Monica says:

I would love to see a tutorial showing how to add gussets to long slits in skirts. Your directions are always easy-to-understand!

Diana says:

Maybe a floor pouf/bean bag/cushion type thing? I’ve seen adorable ones in stores and online but don’t want to shell out the big bucks. I’m not sure what to stuff it with, either, that wouldn’t compress and get lumpy over time. I’m sure I could figure it out, but I know yours would be adorable! :)

Carrie says:

I have old college logo tees and shorts that are too big now (yay!). Licensed college clothing is expensive. So I would love to upcycle the logo portion into something for my kids. Or possibly even for myself. Curious if you had any good ideas.

I emailed you a picture of a dress I would love you to recreate!! And we all need to take time and sew for ourselves every now and then right ?! :)

Lisa says:

Upholstery!!! I so need to get on this DIY project…

Kim-the-girl says:

I thought you were going to do an upholstery project a while back and I’ve been anxious to see what you do. Not really an ottoman, though. I can do that, I have a chair I’m dying to do!

Lauren says:

Yes! Upholstery would be AWESOME. I agree with another commenter, not an ottoman, but more like an old chair with good “bones” that needs some fabulous fabric.

My second project on the wishlist would be relaxed roman shades.

And thank you for all your fabulous tutorials!

Jamie says:

I love the upholstery idea! I’ve always wondered how I could do that! I also love the first skirt!! So cute! The intricate quilt would also be something interesting! Basically I just love anything you make! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Kristina Noall says:

I don’t know that this one will get any support, but I’ve been itching to know how to make a good cloth diaper–but have been too scared/lazy to pick apart any of my good ones and figure it out.
    I’d also love to see a good skirt simplified–maybe not pencil, because I think those tend to be too form-fitting, but A-line?
    Thanks for doing this!

Andrea says:

I have two suggestions:

1. I’d like to see you work your magic on restyling maternity clothes to non maternity clothes. I loved my maternity clothes! And can’t find the same non maternity styles. I had a long sleeve shirt with shirred sides that was made out of the softest fabric. I can’t figure out how to keep the shirring but get rid of the extra belly fabric.

2. I’d love a tutorial on a knee length tulle skirt. Not a tutu, but a real skirt. Tulle scares me, but I love the look of a tulle skirt.

Tran says:

a car (van) seat cover without a sewing machine since I don’t know how to sew :)

Mandy says:

J. Crew Saturday pants! Fashionable sweatpants you can wear outside?! Yes please! Maybe even a cheater version just adapting storebought sweatpants…

Ely says:

I have two wishes. :-)
    1. I want to figure out how to make a Pippi Longstocking apron/dress.
    2. And, how to make hooded T-shirts.

Rachel says:

I want to make some roman shades using mini blinds. I like the look in the tutorial I’ve linked, but I want to sew the edges, not glue them; and I want to add a black-out liner.

Bethany says:

I’d love to see your instructions on a good {modest} pencil skirt that’s a little longer and isn’t super form-fitting {does that make sense?} I get that pencil skirts are supposed to be a little tight, but a Mom’s gotta be able to move, right?! Or some instructions on how to sew a placket into a shirt. I’m trying to sew more for myself this year and plackets have been hard for me to figure out. I’m loving this peter pan shirt and skirt combo here:

and would love to figure out how to make them both. You always make everything so simple and easy to understand, so whatever you do, I’m sure it will be fab! Thanks!

SydneyB says:

I would really like a modest pencil skirt. You can see my G’s in all the ones at Target!

grace says:

How about this poncho sweater .. I saw this online somewhere and searched and found it here:

Thanks for this fun opportunity! Can’t wait to see what others come up with :-)

Kori says:

I would love to see Lunch sacks. Hubby needs one, I need one and the boys will need one next year…

Michelle says:

Hi,
    I would like to see a whole bedroom set. You have already done the pillow cases so maybe a bedskirt, quilt, throw pillows/shams, cute ruffle curtains and maybe how to reupholster a rocking glider?? You could make it a series.

I want to make my youngest a bedroom set and I was going to fight through how to do it but I know you would do a great job and probably make it way easier!!!

You are the best!!

Rhonda says:

I especially like the idea to reupholster a rocking glider! Would be super cute for helping customize a nursery and give it a little something extra :)

Emily says:

I have been trying to figure out how to make my husband a bearded hat. Not the kind you crochet. I have some fleece that I want to make it out of and I’m stuck on the beard part. I can’t seem to get the shape right. Please, please help me.

mandy says:

Show us how to alter/take in clothing. After losing weight I have a lot of clothes that don’t fit, but they are still nice and worth keeping. I would hate to seem them go, but I can’t wear them as is. They are too big!!! How can I make them fit, and still look nice. tops, skirts, pants, a little of everything :)

Christine says:

The dolls would be fun and the ottoman would be great. I need to get a new chair for our living room, but can’t find one I like with an ottoman. Never thought to just recover ours!

Amy says:

Ok…I really need a ligtweight multi-pocketed huge (but not too huge) bag to carry all the junk for my two kids in. Everything out there is expensive or heavy!!!

jenny says:

I would love to attempt a simple dress for myself and I have also been wanting to make some doll clothes for my little girls baby dolls! :)

Corrine says:

A maxi dress. Most preferably one with those cool “knot” looking.

Or something like this:

Or a formal dress (for girl or woman). Something like this:

Karine says:

Hi Ashley,

What about a dress from the fifty’s? Surely more up-to-date but with the inspiration of the fifties… Or a flapper dress from the 1020s… ???

I vote also for this poncho. It is REALLY nice… :) http://www.collectivehabit.com/stylish-sweaters/yoon-osirisponcho.html#

Or a dress like this one : http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/shopdress-viewall/25913112.jsp

Thank you Ashley for doing this!! I love your blog.

Karine

Alexia says:

Would love to learn how to sew a vinyl raincoat for myself! Just like the one Amy Butler has! Hope you teach us something similar! Thank you!

Mindy says:

I would LOVE a tutorial on one of these half-shirts – they are soooo handy to have when you are pregnant or when you want to layer clothes and don’t want to wear two full layers. The ones on this website need a little more length on the sleeves, though. (I have two but I’m not able to wear them because they need a little more coverage!) These are almost like wide tank tops.

Stephanie says:

Before I even scrolled down, I was going to suggest fabric dolls. Those in the picture are ridiculous and awesome!! I’ve made these (http://www.marthastewart.com/264299/black-apple-doll) before, and they’re super cute. But with shows and skirts and crowns…holy cow, I want one right now. So teach me, Ashley!!

Olivia says:

I would Love it if you could make a wall decor like on here:
    Or doing flowers instead like in the picture on here

i would love to be able to make some new home slippers for the cold weather :)

lery says:

can you please teach me how to make a romper with sleeves without using elastic thread or anything, i’m just a beginner in sewing and i would really love to create one for myself. thanks! btw, i super love your blogsite, i’m a housewife and a mom of three, so looking at your blog really inspires me to create new things at our home. :D

Tiffany K says:

I know you already have the stuff up to vote on (which I did), but I have been longing for a pentunia picklebottom diaper bag (backpack style), but I can’t bring myself to spend so much money on one, especially when baby #3 is almost here. But I would totally try to make it if I knew how!

Jenny says:

I have never been able to find a pattern or tutorial or anything for a little boy’s suit. If anyone could figure it out, you could!

heidmarie says:

My daughter is older (9), and I would love to sew a cardigan with gathering under the yoke like one of these from mini Boden:

My daughter has this in turquoise, and she wears it with jeans, over baby-doll tops, and with sundresses. It’s great to extend her summer wardrobe, and it would be fun to make in a knit fabric.

I would also love a tutorial for a kindle case/cover that can fold and make my kindle stand up. I like this style, but the tutorial has NO photos, and the covers look like they’re strangely bulky.

I have three boys (3,5,7), and it is so hard to find cute things to make for boys! I made this sleeping bag for my son’s beanie baby puppy, and he LOVES it!

It’s easy to find stuff to make for girls’ dolls, but I would love to make more stuffed animal or beanie baby accessories that my boys would enjoy. Maybe a carrying case or soft fabric house?

I also love your dolman-sleeve top tutorial. I have a bazillion skirt tutorials, but it’s much hard to find one for a cute top!

Kristina Calkins says:

I would love to do a bean bag.

Lisa says:

i would LOVE to see Fabric dolls my daughter would love to have a ballerina one I just find it intimidating!!!

can you do a how to on a stuffed whale