Gluten Free Chewy Brownies…..{gluten-eaters won’t know the difference!!}

Remember that cool club I belong too?  The one where our main goal is to try and make/eat our favorite foods, without feeling sick afterwards?  Yeah, it’s a rockin’ cool club!! ;)  (Make sure and read all of that craziness with a full breath of sarcasm.  I truly wish I could eat gluten…..but my belly/intestines hate me afterwards.  Boo.)

But I LOVE when I find a recipe that mimics an old favorite, without much of a taste/texture difference.

Here are a few of my other favorites I’ve shared here.  Because, by golly, I like my snacks.

ALL RECIPES (plus some) found here.

But today’s recipe is brownies.  And they’re chocolatey, moist, fudge-y brownies (adapted from this Serious Eats recipe).

A sweet little pal of mine came and babysat my kiddos and they made these for me as a little surprise.  They’re now my favorite brownie recipe.  (Thanks Evann!!)

Before these brownies, my favorites were the gluten-free Betty Crocker boxed mix (which are still pretty darn delicious).  But these are even better! Really moist and chewy……but a nice flaky and crackled top.  Yum.

And in the past few weeks, I have made these, oh, 3-4 times.  Sometimes I like them plain.  But sometimes I like to sprinkle in a little goodness.

Butterscotch.  Chocolate. Coconut.  Mint.  Nuts.  Caramel.  Pick your poison…….they’re all delicious.  And this recipe handles the add-ons just fine.

All you need to know, is that the pan empties out really quickly.

I’m so sorry if I’m ruining your new year’s resolution.  Moderation, right?  (Who am I to talk though.  It’s hard to only have one of these little suckers…)

The best part, is that this is a very simple recipe.  It only includes very basic gluten free ingredients.  No crazy flour mixes or blends.

If you’re serving both gluten-eaters and non………….all will enjoy these!

Filed under Desserts, Featured, gluten free, Recipes

Comments

26 Responses to “Gluten Free Chewy Brownies…..{gluten-eaters won’t know the difference!!}”
    Ellyn says:

Yummo! I will try these for sure. Thanks for passing on the recipe

Michelle says:

I am so excited to try this recipe. Your chocolate chip cookie recipe is such a hit in our house that it is requested at all potlucks by gluten and gluten free eaters alike. The best part about these recipes is it doesn’t call for anything crazy. Thank you!!

Tricia says:

They look like real brownies! I’m excited to try this recipe, and all of the mixes and recipes I’ve tried in the past haven’t had the right consistency. Thanks for sharing.

Clara says:

Thank you! These look delishious!! I haven’t had a brownie since joining the GF eaters three months ago. Last evening I made GF chicken pot pie for the first time. I was so happy that I could still enjoy it with a gf flaky crust. Clara

Alisha says:

Thank you for these! I will be throwing a bridal luncheon for someone, and a couple of the guests also belong to your fabulous club. :oP I’ll be happy to be able to serve some foods that they can eat!!

Rachel says:

Yes!! Gluten-free recipes! And brownies no less. Perfect. The husband and I (ok, actually just me) have been wanting to go more gluten-free so this is perfect.

Tif C says:

Oh boy! This recipe sounds so fool-proof! My daughter is gluten-intolerant and I do my best to adapt recipes for sweets so I’ve always got something special to send with her on those days a classmate is bringing in birthday treats. These will be excellent to keep in the freezer I think!

Katie G says:

These sound awesome! I do have one question for you though, I have had to go dairy free for my 3 months old son and I was wondering if I could use a vegetable oil instead of butter? Or maybe a vegetable spread? I am finding that most dairy free recipes that I have come across are gluten free too.

Amna says:

I like the varsity of flavored you choose.. Sounds healthier with rice flour. Gotta try it. Thank you :)

Anshu says:

Ashley very soon you will need to rename your blog Bake It and Love It! Not only are you wreaking a havoc on my new year’s resolutions but since we don’t eat eggs you are also causing a great sense of deprivation with those pretty pictures.
    I would be really happy when you revert back to sewing and crafting like good old days!

Leslie says:

So excited to find these and all your other gf recipes! I’ve had to go GF because of tummy issues and migraines but I’ve been seriously missing my favorite sweet treats, so thank you!

LKim says:

Your website inspires me all the time. Your creativity and ability to actually finish your projects is enviable.

I truly in making my own ‘stuff’ but I keep some basic boxed items. So this is an FYI King Arthur brand brownie mix rocks! I make it all the time and only tell people it’s gluten free when they comment how much they liked the brownies.

Amy P says:

These look great! I just found out I cant eatgluten either and have been struggeling to find recipes that work at high elevations. Two weekends in a row I made cookies that ended up super thin… Im excited to try this out! Are you higher elevation? I really hope you are because all your recipes look fab!

Andrea says:

I too belong to your “cool club” and I can ‘t wait to try these, they look delicious!! Thank you for the recipe! :)

Stacey says:

Thank you! I have been gluten free for just a little over a month and so far the baked goods I have made have been less than stellar. These look delish!

Gaby says:

Fabulous! I often make cheesecake brownies, but these look like a good variation! Thanks! :)

Katie Lanman says:

wow, thankyou for the share. my mum is coeliac and her most depressing thing is buying store bought treats to find they are either like cardboard or fall apart before the box is barely open! I dont know what the US is like for gluten free but in the UK it pitiful, maybe two supermarket shelves a metre long…pitiful. These look scrummy and dont look too difficult to make unlike some recipes which call for way out ingredients that are near impossble to find.

Thankyou again,oh and do you maybe have a favourite savoury recipe for lunchy snacks…not eating gluten restricts so much in grabbing a quick lunchtime bite i know mum gets bored with the few things she can have.

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for adenomyosis pain

Gluten Worried says:

I haven’t even finished making these and I’m excited. When I learned I was getting sick from all my glorious sweets it was hard. Cutting out all wheat was hard. Finding recipes and learning to cook gf has been one heck of a trip. But these??? Breath of fresh air!!! Just batter tasting you really can’t tell the diff. It tastes like brownie brownies but without all the gluten and wheat. You my dear are a life saver!! And to top all that off it’s affordable and ever so easy! ;) Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!

Yasmin says:

They look delicious, I will have to give them a go! I made some super healthy gluten free brownies and they turned out really super tasty. Here is the link to the recipe http://bit.ly/12Zks7Y :)

Dawn says:

These are lovely. They were so easy and turned out great, even tasted just as wonderful the next day. Good enough to make again for sure. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.

You can replace the eggs in this recipe with flax meal + proper amount of water and they come out just fine

Nanette says:

Do you think I can replace the corn starch with rice flour? Can’t have corn.