Merry Christmas (and Happy Holidays) 2012

Our stockings were hung, new jammies were unwrapped, tales of baby Jesus were shared, every Christmas tune sung……….and then 3 very anxious kiddos were tucked happily into bed.

Then, the magic of Christmas occurred.  Late into the night.

**image from my instagram account….want to see other Christmas images from the past week or so?  Click the link.

From our snow sprinkled home, to yours……….I hope you’re all having a very Merry Christmas! (And Happy Holiday season!!)

-Love, Ashley

. . . . . . .

My heart aches for those who have lost someone very dear to you………especially right at this time of year.  Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, no matter your aches during this season.  I truly wish you the best day possible today.  And I know many have talked about, blogged about, tweeted about, etc…the horrific events that took place in Connecticut a couple weeks ago.  In case you’re looking for a way to help, here are a few ideas:

• A beautiful auction is going on right now to help raise money for all the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting.  Tiffany, from Tiny Seamstress Designs, is hosting the auction and there’s a large number of really great things being auctioned off.  ALL proceeds go directly to the families of the victims.
  • United Way has created a Sandy Hook School Support Fund if you’d like to provide support services to the families and community that has been affected.
  • The National PTA is collecting hundreds of thousands of snowflakes and will completely decorate Sandy Hook Elementary before the kids come back to school in January.  Make some and send them off to help create a winter wonderland for the sweet children who have been through a lot.
  • Danbury Hospital has partnered with other local counseling agencies and is providing 24 hour counseling services to those affected by the tragedy.
  • And lastly, love on your sweet family today.  Pull them in close…..and tell them how blessed you feel to have them right here with you.  -Ashley

Filed under Family, Featured

Comments

9 Responses to “Merry Christmas (and Happy Holidays) 2012”
    Zepequeña says:

Merry Christmas.

Zepequeña.

Pam B. says:

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your boys as they open their gifts from “Santa” and Mommy and Daddy! (I miss doing that.)
    We didn’t have a white Christmas, the weather man says later this week. I hope so. I really love the snow this time of the year.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Lucy says:

Merry Christmas, and i checked out your instagram, haha i laughed out loud when i saw the plate with some soda instead of milk! aww, your children are sooo sweet!

Laura S says:

Thank you for the great snowflake idea! I am always looking for ways to involve my 3 little boys in doing something nice for others. I adore the PTA snowflake idea. And my boys love to make them. This is definitely on our list of things to do tomorrow!!!

jane says:

Merry Christtmas to you and your family. You have been such an inspiration.

Kristina Noall says:

Thanks for listing the ways to help the kids in Connecticut. I’m going to try to get my 4-year-old, along with my whole family, involved in making snowflakes today. It makes me feel the tiniest bit less helpless.

Regina says:

I live in Connecticut and only 15 minutes from Sandy Hook Elementary School. I don’t think any of us will ever be able to forget the senseless crime that was committed to so many families on that dark dark day. I just received the message below, and thought I would pass it along to anyone who has a machine that can embroider and wants to do something. We all feel so helpless…..but I’m sure every little bit helps all the families.

May the New Year bring all of us….much needed peace.

Calling all machine embroiderers…
    Looking for a way to help the children of Sandy Hook?
    Embroidery Library is offering a free snowflake design in hopes that you’ll stitch a few and forward them to the Connecticut PTSA. These snowflakes will be gathered along with others from around the world and hung in the new school to welcome the children of Sandy Hook back.
    Follow the link below for more information.

Leah says:

Merry Christmas (a little late..and I’m a new reader, LOL). I love this time of year so much. :-) Also, I followed your Instagram if that’s okay.

Gaby says:

Merry Christmas!!

My prayers and thoughts are also with those who have lost someone and for whom this time is a time off sadness and grief. You are not alone.