Okay, just because I know you little sewists will love this…..

Remember a while ago when I shared that really good deal on a boxed set of really great thread??  In really great colors??  Well, holy smokes, Pick Your Plum is doing it again.  And the colors are even happier.

They are selling a box set of 10 spools of thread, 340 meters each, for $6.95.  Ummmm, yeah, if you’ve ever been thread shopping before, you know that’s a crazy ridiculous deal.  Because that’s $0.70 for a really large spool of thread.  (They don’t look large…..but that’s because the inner spool is smaller, reducing the bulkiness.)

But on top of that, they also have buttons on sale today.  Lots of them.  And these buttons are my favorite to use……..the creamy looking, made from NUT (not plastic) kind. These are just under in inch in size and are beautiful.  And look how perfect……they coordinate with the thread. :)

Sewing supplies is something that I REALLY like sharing.  Because a sewist (sewer, seamstress, huh?) can never have enough thread. Or buttons.  Or enough colors of either.

Once I buy a new stash of any sort of sewing notion, it gets me thinking about what I can make next.  (Remember that Halloween post a few weeks ago, where I was trying to think of ideas for Halloween?  Yeah, so many of you chimed in.  There were so many great themed ideas in the comment section.  Thank you.  I’m pretty sure the kids and I have decided on something that they like, but also that I can make.  Okay, that’s way off topic.)

Anyway, I’m already plotting my next sewing attack.  How could I not?  Look at those cute buttons.  And ahhh, that thread.

I know some of you are tempted to just buy these notions to just add to your decor.  I agree, it’s all pretty enough for that.  But go on and wind up a few bobbins and actually sew something.  That will make you twice as happy. :)

Anyway, hop on over to Pick Your Plum to stock up.  I already have! :)

Enjoy your weekend.  I have a few old college roommates coming into town later today and I can’t wait to overload on memories, laughter, and………..sugar. :)

-Ashley

Filed under Featured, Sewing

Comments

20 Responses to “Okay, just because I know you little sewists will love this…..”
    Lisa Jackson says:

I Just ordered mine before I even saw this post, but you are the reason I got the thread deal last time, so THANK YOU!

Sara says:

Have you sewn with this thread? Is it a good quality? Thanks :)

• 1.1.1

Oh, and Sara, in case you don’t hear from Lisa……I’ve sewn on it plenty and it works great. It’s actually pretty nice thread. I wish it was always available but when Pick Your Plum gets a load of it, they always sell it for cheap.

• 1.1.1.1
          Sara says:

Thank you! I make custom quilts as a business and LOVE these colors, and that price is too good to pass up!! Thank you Lisa for posting!!

Oh good Lisa, such a good deal, right? I have more spools than I’ll ever need but at that price, I’ll always volunteer to bring the thread for sewing groups! :)

• 1.2.1
        Lisa says:

Yes, I bought 2 sets so I load a bobbin without unthreading! P.Y.P Facebook page did say that this thread is not good for sergers though. Either way it’s an incredible deal.

DaNelle says:

Cute! I’m gonna have to jump on that!

DaNelle recently posted…How to stick to ANY diet plan

Naoni says:

I saw this earlier and had forgotten about it but then when you posted on facebook I had to go get some! It’s nice to hear that others love the product! I only ordered 1 I hope I don’t regret not getting more. Thanks so much for the tip on this!!

Sue says:

Such a good deal.

Amber says:

OOOooo! LOVE the colors!

Danya says:

Oh, that’s not fair. You got me all excited only to find out they don’t ship to Australia :(

I really wish i could justify buying more thread, that deal is down right awesome!

Sarah says:

I was wondering if we could ever get a look at your sewing box? I’m curious how to “organize” mine and by that I really mean, “how do I store all the awesome threads and notions that I have.”

Grace E. says:

Thank you for this post!! I ordered one box, but am probably going to regret not getting more. The buttons weren’t available… Sad…But I’m still over the top excited!!!

Dawn says:

yay!! thanks for the heads up. I got two boxes!!

Gwen says:

What a great deal on that beautiful thread. I needed an update in colors, the local area is so bland and basic for color choices…thank you for posting this!

SMiLES!
    GWeN

danika says:

LOVE these colors…. just ordered 2 sets. Thanks for the heads up!

Katie says:

Holy Moly! That’s an amazing deal…….. I’m ordering thread right NOW! Thanks for passing on this info:) Funny, I just hate having to spend money on thread but it’s a necessity. Fabric is a lot more fun to spend $$ on!

April says:

WOW!!! I Love September, National Sewing Month makes me squeal like a kid at Christmas time. Some many companies are offering amazing deals, but THREAD and BUTTONS Oh My! Im ordering them right now….

Laurel m. says:

I like your word sewist! When I was in fifth grade a friend of mine wrote a card that said “My mom is a sewer.” She meant that her mom sews, but the teacher read sewer as in that place where the toilet flushes to. Haha! Thanks for reminding me!