Want a really good deal (on thread and buttons)?

Okay, I wasn’t even going to post today (because I have deemed today “catch up” day and maybe “pack a few boxes” day. well, and maybe “clean the bathrooms” day.  maybe.)……..but I just had to.  Because I have to share a quick deal that ends today.  So tomorrow would be too late.  And you know I can’t stand passing up a good deal.  Well, maybe you don’t know that.  So just ask my husband……….he will tell you, “Ash looooooves a good deal!”

Anyway, Pick Your Plum is selling a beautiful set of pantone colored threads, in a box set of 10 spools.  And I know many of you like to sew.  And many of you like to sew with pretty colors.

The whole box is $6.95.  Okay, that’s like stealing.  Wow.  (I’m think going to have to order 3 sets.  I’m not kidding.)

Each spool has 340 meters (which is about 340 yards. which is a lot.) and you get 10 full spools of it.  And the colors??  Beautiful.  They’re all the hot colors right now.  So, now you can match your thread to all of your new hip fabrics.

Now, if you’re not thread savvy, usually I buy a cheap spool of Coats and Clark type stuff at the fabric store for maybe $2 (on sale).  And those are usually only 250 yards.  So, these spools are less than a buck each.  And have more thread than those other spools.

GO HERE to get your box of threads.

Oh, oh, oh……….I have also been asked where I get some of my coconut buttons.  They have some of those up for grabs today too.  They’re all gorgeous.  My favorite are the creamy teal ones.  They’re not perfectly round and are made from a corozo nut.

GO HERE to get your buttons.

Anyway, I know this was random.  But I just had to share.  We sewing gals need to stick together when it comes to buying our supplies.

And remember, when they’re gone they’re gone.  That’s just how Pick Your Plum works.

So, I apologize if you don’t read this post until Thursday night, because I’m sure they’ll be gone by then.

(If you want to hear about their good deals earlier on, sign up for their email list.  That’s how I find out about their good deals each day.)

-Ashley

Comments

31 Responses to “Want a really good deal (on thread and buttons)?”

Ummmm this is AWESOME. Doing it now. Thanks for sharing!

natalie says:

Oh my goodness. Thread and buttons are my caffeine. You can NEVER have too many buttons or thread. Thanks for the heads up. I’m heading over to buy some! :)

Sarah says:

Ack! Thank you so much for sharing this! Just got the thread & some buttons, too! :D

Jaci says:

SO awesome! I ordered 2 sets of thread! I noticed the turquoise buttons are sold out,,,just fyi….and i have what may seem like a dumb question, but thats ok right? SO this is sewing machine thread not serger thread…or are they interchangable? I’m new to the serging world since my husbands wonderful aunt GAVE me one!!

Sara says:

This is awesome! I just got one and it’s perfect since I’ve been quilting up a storm at my house lately. Thank you so much for posting this!

Tami says:

Thanks for posting! I have been waiting for a notions sale because I am running terribly low on thread – but this was a better deal :) Got me some buttons too!

chrissy says:

Way to encourage my shopping addiction! I get the PYP email every morning but I hadnt seen it yet this morning and you made such a great case! Got em! :) Thanks for sharing :)

Wynter says:

Thank you so much for posting this! I just ordered 2 of the spool sets! YAY! You rock! I finally just signed up to receive their e-mails as well =)))) Thank you!

Teresa says:

Ashley, YOU ROCK – thank you for this referral, my thread is on it’s way! :D

Nicole says:

Cha-ching! Thanks for sharing this. Just ordered some! YAY!

Dawn says:

Wow! Thanks for the heads up! I only ordered 1 set of threads, but maybe I should’a ordered more? We’ll see. Now I’m registered there and I’m sure there will be many more great deals.

Thank You!!!

Deidre says:

thank you so much for posting, i live in really small town and its hard to find nice thread at such a good price. and thank you so much for sharing this site as well!

Samantha says:

I stumbled upon your site thanks to Amy’s Notebook and was searching around to see what other cool tutorials you had when I came across this post! I ordered some thread and buttons from Pick your Plum earlier today! They are ruining my budget this month because I had to order the half zippers yesterday too! I don’t know what I’m going to do with them yet but I had to have them!!!

Heather says:

Thank so much! I just ordered two sets!!

Mary says:

Thanks for the great find! Love to find great deals like this.

Sherry says:

Got the thread but sadly the buttons were sold out. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Jackson says:

Thank you for sharing! I couldn’t even finish reading your blog post until I purchased 2 of these. Now that I have purchased them, THANK YOU!

Mariajose Zaugg says:

Thanks so much for posting about this I totally got some and it was a steal!!!!!! I love it!

Dominique says:

What a great deal! One can never have enough thread that’s for sure. Thanks so much for sharing!

Andi says:

Fantastic Deal! Thanks for sharing!

Valerie Nelson says:

haha!! I bought 4 cases of thread for my serger!!!

Raina says:

Ooooh! Thanks for sharing. Those thread colors are awesome. Just wish they still had the buttons.

Rebecca says:

Thanks for the tip about Pick Your Plum! I told my husband it’s like woot.com but for sewing and crafts. I love it! Can’t wait for my thread to come!

Shalise says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! How did I not know about Pick Your Plum? I live in Ogden, Ut. so I will be able to drive right down and pick up my beautiful new thread. I used inspiration from one of your tutorials to make my little babe’s blessing dress. It was so gorgeous and I can’t thank you enough for all the wonderful ideas.

Just ordered a case! I used the last of several spools of thread last week. These colors look like they would go well with the fabrics I’ve been using lately, and such a good deal!

I just made my first purchase from Pick Your Plum because I had to have them. So glad they were still available. Thanks for sharing.

Cameron says:

I had totally already bought 2 sets of thread – because that is KUH-razy cheap! I had to hold myself back from the buttons, though – I recently bought a pound of buttons, and I really think one should not buy more than 1 lb of buttons a month. Or maybe even a quarter. Hard to say.

Sydney says:

Thanks for the reminder on the thread. I forgot to order it yesterday when I got the e-mail (busy with my daughter going off to school) and I went this morning and was still able to order 2 boxes of thread. Yay! :)

Amanda says:

I wish I had seen this in time to order the buttons (so gorgeous!) but at least I was able to get some thread :) Thanks for the heads up!!

Anne says:

I was able to get two boxes of thread. Yay! Buttons were sold out. Bummer!

I just have to tell everyone how much I LOVE this site. Ashley is sooo talented, I marvel at her creativity.

Ashley – thank you for all of the ideas. I will never have time to try them all :)

Sharon says:

SHOOT! I really needed a good deal on buttons. Oh, well. I’m on the list now . . .

Heather says:

Ack. I missed this. I love buttons. And thread. I’ll have to check out what else they have…